Rewind (BNHA x male reader)

By ghostdonuts

Immortality, an ability that seems like a dream come true. You never have to fear death, that's why the world... More

Chapter 1: Detective L/N
Chapter 2: New Teacher
Chapter 3: Aren't I Retired?
Chapter 4: Worst Part about being Immortal
Chapter 5: Was I Supposed To?
Chapter 6: Admiration
Chapter 7: Conference
Chapter 8: They're Alright
Chapter 9: Fight my Children
Chapter 10: In my Life
Chapter 11: It all Began
Chapter 12: Embrace Death
Chapter 13: Mall Shenanigans
Chapter 14: The Arival
Chapter 15: Training with Senpai
Chapter 16: The Attack
Chapter 17: What we Can and Can't Do
Chapter 18: A Way to End it All
Chapter 19: Their Bright Futures
Chapter 20: New Responsibilities
Chapter 21: Guidance
Chapter 22: New Obstacles
Chapter 23: Expected Better
Chapter 24: Talk with the Enemy
Chapter 25: If Wasn't Your Fault
Chapter 26: Strength
Chapter 27: Newspaper
Chapter 28: Work Study
Chapter 29: Decisions Made, Mistakes Made
Chapter 30: Seikatsu Files
Chapter 31: The Return
Chapter 32: A Promise
Chapter 33: Amethysts
Chapter 34: Time I Spend with You
Chapter 35: Heavens Clearing
Chapter 36: Growth
Chapter 37: It's me Again
Chapter 38: My Enemy
Chapter 39: Be Ready
Chapter 40: Helping Hand
Chapter 41: Nothing to Fear
Chapter 42: Pleads of Desperation
Chapter 43: Torn to Shreds
Chapter 44: Center of it All
Chapter 45: Complications
Chapter 46: Chase your Dreams
Chapter 47: Familiar
Chapter 49: Fight with Everything
Chapter 50: Who is He?
Chapter 51: Where We Stand
Chapter 52: I Remember Now
Chapter 53: Veteran
Chapter 54: I'm Home
New Book

Chapter 48: My Jupiter

11.3K 640 276
By ghostdonuts

A/N: I'm excited to write this chapter =D 

"Jupiter?"

I looked into her Gold eyes, the eyes she inherited from her mother. She had a beaming smile but fidgeted in anticipation for the moment I would try to chase her. But I couldn't move to fulfill her wishes, I just kept staring at her. 

And the thing is, she looked so real. I dreamt of her being in front of me on multiple occasions, all of which would turn into a completely nightmare when she ends up dying from the effects of nuclear war. 

"Is something wrong?" Jupiter asked, noticing I was taking way longer to chase her than usual. "Sorry if you're too tired, I'll give you a hug to make you feel better" she said, skipping towards me and wrapped her tiny arms around my legs. 

I could feel her, in my dreams I couldn't feel her hugs at all. This was real, it was so real that I couldn't help but let a tear fall. A hug from her and Shiyuna was all I ever wanted, a life with them was the world for me. 

I dropped to a knee and hugged Jupiter as tightly as I could. She squealed and laughed at this but hugged me back as tightly as she could, which wasn't a lot for a five year old. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Shiyuna asked, turning the stove off and walking towards us. She kneeled down next to me and put her hand on my back. 

"Never been better" I whispered, bringing Shiyuna into a hug as well. She gave a light laugh and wrapped her arms around me and Jupiter. And in those short moments whether it be because I was in a moment I could only dream of, or the works of Dream Catchers quirk, I completely forgot I was supposed to be in the middle of a war. 

And if this was all a dream, I didn't feel like ever waking up. 

~🦋~

"Jupiter honey eat your food" Shiyuna laughed while Jupiter was blowing bubbles in her cup. 

I looked at my hand and tried to form a small knife. My quirk wasn't working at all. I even tried slowing down my own heart rate, but not a single thing happened. 

"May I be excused?" Jupiter asked, looking at me mostly. 

"Of course" I replied. She smiled and tumbled out of her chair and proceeded to run to her room to play. 

"Shiyuna, how long has it been since the quirk war?" I asked. She looked at me in confusion. 

"I don't recall there ever being a war, and what's a quirk?" She asked. 

Right, we called quirks something else this time period. What was it again? 

"I mean abilities or powers, when Japan was divided because of them" I clarified. 

"There hasn't been any sightings of something like that, you must've been dreaming" she answered, getting up and taking the dishes to the sink. 

"Wait, how old is Jupiter?" 

"....Jupiter's six, are you sure you're okay?" 

She's six? She never lived over five years old, then that means I'm 26 now, and I didn't live over 25 in my first life. The war never happened and quirks never existed? 

"Yeah I'm fine, just having trouble remembering things this morning" I answered. Shiyuna hummed in response and continued to clean up. I took my own plate to the sink and quietly helped her clean. 

Once we finished I walked back to the room and changed into more presentable clothing after washing up. I walked back out and noticed Jupiter getting her coat on and scarf. She had also changed out of her sundress and into warmer clothes.

"Where you going?" I asked. She turned to me and smiled. 

"Play with Eri and Kota!" She replied, trying and failing to put her boots on. 

"Eri and Kota?" I muttered, walking towards my daughter to help her put her boots on. 

"Mhm, Mrs. Mom said it was okay!" Jupiter assured before opening the front door and rushing out. 

"Did she just say Mrs. Mom?" I asked myself. Shiyuna chuckled and put her own scarf and boots on. 

"That she did" she laughed and walked out as well. I put my own shoes and jacket on before joining them. 

"Auntie Shiyuna, Uncle Y/N!!" Eri and Kota yelled and rushed over to us. 

"Hey kiddos!" Shiyuna greeted, hugging both of the kids. What the heck were those two doing here? Were the others in this time period too? 

"Dad, can we go into town to get snacks?" Jupiter asked. Eri and Kota looked at me pleadingly, even Shiyuna had hopeful eyes. I wouldn't dare to say no. 

"Yeah sure" I agreed. All of them cheered and the three kids started skipping up ahead. 

"Hey wait please don't go too far-" I panicked, seeing Jupiter going further and further. 

"Hey its okay, we're right behind them" Shiyuna comforted before grabbing my hand so we could follow after them.

We soon arrived into town. There were food stalls, like how town used to be. It was crazy to see that this was how Musutafu used to look, it was nostalgic. 

"Look look!"  Eri squealed, pointing at a basket of apples. 

"I'll take a batch of apples please" Shiyuna requested the man, putting down a few coins. The man gathered the apples and passed them to Shiyuna. 

"Hey Y/N!" 

I heard that familiar voice and looked up to see Akuma waving at me. He strolled on over with his own purchases in his hands. 

"Akuma?" I muttered under my breath. My best friend before the war, but it didn't look like he's acting any different. Because of the war never happening, Akuma wasn't affected mentally. 

"Man I didn't finish grading the papers I assigned the class, which is embarrassing. Aizawa has been nagging me non stop, but who wants to fulfill responsibility anymore??" Akuma ranted. 

"What was that Akuma?" Aizawa said, walking up to us. 

"Nothing, I swear I wasn't talking shit!" Akuma yelled. 

"Hey, there are children present" Shiyuna joked. 

"I hope you finished grading your papers Y/N" Aizawa said, turning his attention to me. I stayed quiet, I didn't have an answer for him.

"He stayed up all night, so he could have all day to be with us" Shiyuna answered for me. I gave her a thankful look and she just smiled back. 

"Mr. Aizawa, Mr. Akuma, Mr. Y/N!!" 

The three of us looked over and saw the all too familiar class 1A waving at us.

"We were picking up some snacks and noticed you!" Uraraka explained. 

"These extras dragged me here" Bakugou grumbled, motioning to Kirishima, Kaminari, and Sero. 

"Nice to see you here sir" Todoroki greeted. 

"Nice to see you too" Aizawa said back, Akuma walking over and high-fiving Kaminari. They shared a brain cell. 

"Y/N, the kids want to move on" Shiyuna said. 

"Alright, see you guys later" I said and walked back to Shiyuna so we could keep moving. 

Everyone was here, what was happening? This feels real, way too real. I can feel things here, I can hug Jupiter and Shiyuna. 

My head started to hurt, I forgot what I was doing before this. Was I doing something important, I could've sworn I was supposed to be fighting. But fighting what? There's no war here, there's no such things as quirks. 

Was all of that in my imagination? Because this is my life right here, this is where I belonged. 

"One English Muffin" Shiyuna announced, tossing it to me. It thumped on my head and I caught it before it could hit the ground. 

"Pffft, I'm so sorry I thought you were paying attention" Shiyuna laughed, putting her hands over her mouth. I laughed with her looking at the muffin she threw at me. 

"Your reflexes are weak" Kota mused. 

Kota, still a little demon per usual. 

"Don't be so mean" Eri scolded. 

Eri, still a little angel. 

"Yeah dad is super strong and cool, he can do anything!" Jupiter said with as much confidence as she could muster. 

And Jupiter, my Jupiter, still the strong and confident little girl that I adored so much.

"I think we should get going now" Eri pouted. 

"Here, make sure you take these with you" Shiyuna said, giving the snacks Kota and Eri and picked out.

"Bye" Kota and Eri said. They hugged Shiyuna and then me tightly. I ruffled their hair and they gave one last big hug to Jupiter, who hugged back just as strong. 

"I'll see you two soon!' Jupiter waved and ran over to me, jumping into my arms.

"It's getting late, we should get going soon" Shiyuna said, patting Jupiter on the head. 

"Daddy, can we go to Heavens Clearing to see the starts tonight?" Jupiter pleaded, her chin resting on my chest. I smiled gently at her. 

"Anything you want" I replied. She giggled in response and called me hilarious, which I had no idea why my answer made her laugh. 

We went back to the house to get a wagon so we could carry all the snacks as well as a blanket to sit on. 

We went up the hill and towards our secret spot. Joking the entire way. 

We finally made it all the way, the flowerbeds as lively as always. We walked over to the center on the flowers and I set down the blanket, Jupiter and Shiyuna both crashing down on it. Shiyuna began to tickle Jupiter, who was hysterically laughing. 

I took the snacks out of the wagon and set them down next to the two girls. 

"Dad, help!" Jupiter squealed, trying to get away from her mother. I smiled and grabbed Jupiter away from Shiyuna's grasp. 

"Super move activate!" Jupiter yelled. I made a rocket ship sound and dramatically made Jupiter crash into her mother. Shiyuna pretended to he injured and laid down on the blanket. 

"And the winner is, Jupiter!' I cheered. Jupiter spread her arms out as I lifter her, letting the breeze hit her face as she closed her eyes at the feeling. 

We eventually settled down and ate some snacks. Jupiter was pointing at different stars, asking which one it was.

"Where's Jupiter?" She asked. I immediately pointing to it.

"Right there" I answered. 

"Woah, how do you always find it so fast?" She exclaimed. 

"Because I always know where Jupiter is" I responded automatically. 

Then I saw myself in this situation again. Kota and Eri asking how I found it so quickly, and I gave the exact same answer to them. 

Both of them asking where Jupiter was, and I said she was too far for me to reach. It all came back to me. 

My class, Eri and Kota, Seikatsu and his team of villains. 

The war that people I care about is currently fighting in.

"I have to go back" I whispered, before standing up. "I have to go back" I said louder. 

Shiyuna and Jupiter looked up at me, looking confused but sad at the same time. 

"You're in so much pain, Y/N" Shiyuna whispered with tears in the corner of her eyes. She got up and let her hand linger on my face. 

"You were too, and I wasn't there. I never meant for you to leave this world alone. I always thought we would grow old together, but the world isn't fair" I said in a hushed voice, bringing my head against hers. 

"Y/N, my love. That is not on you, you were as much of a victim as anyone else. We'll wait for you, I promise we will" she whispered back.

I looked to Jupiter, who was looking at me in worry.

I went down to my knees and brought my arms out. She trudged forward and hugged me rightly. 

"Oh Jupiter" I whispered, my hands going through her hair. "You have your mother's eyes, you look so beautiful" I said, looking into her teary eyes. 

"You can stay you know, you can stay with us and never look back. You don't have to leave us" she whimpered. 

I had a pained look and put my hands on her tiny face.

"I can't stay with you, no matter how much I want to, but you're not my Jupiter" I said. 

"What do you mean, dad?" She asked. 

"Because, my Jupiter would tell me to go back and save everyone. That's why you had a heart of gold, and what I loved about you most of all" I answered. 

She looked at me and then smiled, a smile that could only belong to her and her alone. She nuzzled closer, Shiyuna kneeled with me I hugged her as well. 

"What if you can't find us?" Jupiter cried. 

"Don't worry, just keep your light on for me so I can find you. Then, we'll finally be free" I reassured. I felt her nod and I closed my eyes, savoring the moment. 

I got up after a moment, Shiyuna and Jupiter getting up as well. I turned and started walking away from them. I turned back to them, they were both holding hands and smiling at me. 

I took a deep breath and continued to turn my back on the life I've always wanted. 

All I could think of, was why me? Why must I always be the one to suffer? I have the place and time of their deaths always in my head, how am I supposed to live without the ones I love? 

I continued to walk away from them. Rejecting the life the dream offered me, so I can save the others. 

~🦋~

Third Person pov

"They're too strong!" Endeavor yelled, trying to push them back. 

"We can't even get close to Seikatsu, and make sure no lives are lost in this barrier!" Hawks yelled, trying to send feathers to no avail. 

"Y/N, please wake up!" Kirishima pleaded desperately. 

"What if he accepted the dream already, and we failed?!" Midoriya yelled, facing away from Y/N in case someone tried to attack from the sides. 

"He'll pull through, he has an amazing sense of responsibility" Todoroki said, shaking Y/N to try and wake him up. 

"These bastards are relentless!" Bakugou yelled, hands sparking. 

Y/N jolted awake, breathing heavily. 

"Y/N!" The class yelled. The heroes looked back at Y/N, looking relieved. 

"How the hell did he get out of the dream?!" Machima raged, noting Y/N's newly awakened figure. 

Y/N wiped the stray tear from his eye and stood up, looking at the villains, who had a mix of shocked, excited, and terrified expressions. 

Because all that was in Y/N's eyes, was animosity.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 152 9
The cards the universe presents will be your forthcoming future, whether you choose to accept them or not is of your will . . . but be wary child! y...
165K 5.5K 35
"In the world eighty percent of the population has access to some form of supernatural ability, known as a Quirk. Having a powerful Quirk is a fast...
952 45 16
A story about how you got teleported into My Hero's Academia. You know what going to happen, you know the future. You try to live your life as peacef...
123 15 5
❝HIGH ACHIEVER, DON'T YOU SEE?❞ Throughout the years in your previous life, your life is planned out with utmost certainty as you tried your best to...