Surrera - One Shots

By simplyivv

Maybe We Can Fix Each Other More

My Miracle
My girl
Something I Never Felt Before
Something I Never Felt Before II
I Want You. I Need You. II
Anything For You.
I Don't Deserve You
Our Greatest Gift
My person
7 hours & 15 days
Emery Rose
Million Reasons
I Get To Love You

I Want You. I Need You.

1.1K 50 4
By simplyivv

Life is unpredictable you never know what is coming next. Don't waste another minute being unhappy.

Andy doesn't want her captain position. She chose love. She chose to be with the love of her life. It wasn't an easy decision. She worked hard to be one but after losing her best friend she saw how life can change in a second.

It was the beginning of the shift and she was about to go into Robert's office and tell him all of it. She wanted him. He was more important than some title.

Standing in front of his office she was feeling like she can't move. Her legs were not listening to her. Somehow she managed to knock. It was a silent knock you can barely hear but Sullivan saw her standing there so he knew who it was.

- Come in. His serious voice made her afraid even more of his reaction.

She wasn't sure in what mood he was but she needed to end this madness that caused her to barely sleep for days.

She opened the door and closed them. Standing between doors and a chair. Not wanting to sit but also not wanting to stand. She chose to stand so she can easily run if something goes wrong.
She was overthinking and making scenarios in her head that probably won't happen.

Silence filled the room. The words were there but she had hard time speaking.

- Okay. She shakes her head but kept squeezing her fingers.
I came to say a few things so I'm just gonna say it.

Robert nodded. He saw how she was nervous so he assumed this wasn't some easy thing to say. He gave her time to get comfortable.

- I thought about this since Ryan died. I could barely sleep or eat. That's not important. She shakes her head again. I waited to get back to work so I can tell you. She paused.

- I... I don't want captain position. Not anymore. Not after I saw how life can end in a second. Not after I was left alone in this world with no one by my side. Andy brushed off a few tears that fell of.

- I want you. I need you. I can make captain in a few years. But I don't want to spent another day being angry at you. Feeling empty. I feel empty since you told me to go after we got back from LA.
I can't live with that feeling anymore. I don't want to.

Robert listen to every word she said. His jaw dropped when she said she doesn't want the position. He knows how hard she worked for it. He decided to promote her despite Pruitt disagreement. And now she is standing here not wanting it. Andy knew what Pruitt said to him but she didn't care. She is not talking to her dad because of everything he said to her. It wasn't his place to come behind her back and talk to Sullivan or to call her a slut.

Andy kept standing there, wiping a few tears that would occasionally fell.

- Andy... he finally spoke.
I'll still be your boss. Our relationship is still forbidden.

- I really don't know why I tried. She let out a sigh and turned to leave.

- I didn't finish lieutenant. He said it again with that voice that made Andy startle.

She slowly turned around to find him sitting at the edge of the table.

- I said it's forbidden not impossible. A smile appeared at the edge of his lips.

- So... what? You want me?

Robert extended his hands for her to come. She hesitantly placed her hands in his, interlacing their fingers, slowly looking up to meet his eyes.

Robert kept looking into those beautiful brown teary eyes. He could see the pain in her eyes. The pain only he can cure.

- I never stop wanting you. Saying you to go that day was a mistake I'll regret forever.

He lifted one of his hands to brushes off her tears that fell. He caressed her cheek which made Andy close her eyes and enjoy his touch. With his hand he closed the gap that was between their faces and placed a longing kiss on her lips. Andy placed her hands on his cheeks and returned the kiss. Her kiss was more passionate. They explored each others mouth. Kiss full of desire. They forgot that they were in his office, their station. Someone could saw them. At that moment nothing was more important than that kiss. After kiss left them breathless she moved away from him realizing where they were and what could happen. The door was unlocked. The blinds were open. Thankfully no one saw them.

Andy gave him a smirk and they kept touching each other hands looking if anyone would see them.

- Now I have to go and announce the new captain. I don't know how 'Maya Bishop is the new captain' will pass over my mouth.

- You'll be fine. Just look at me and pretend you are saying my name. She squeezed his hand and gave him a quick kiss on the cheek.

- Wait! He pulled her back.
Look at me. Is this really what you want. Because I was ready to promote you despite your dad's words.

- I know you did and I'm sure. I was never more sure in anything in my life. She gave him another kiss on the lips and left.

Robert called for line up and announced the new captain. Everyone was shocked and immediately looked at Andy. It was weird that she was calm. Maya got what she wanted. Going behind best friend's back while she wasn't at work and saying she is the right person for the job resulted in losing Andy's trust. For now Andy didn't care, she got her man and she had to hide how happy she was.

- Andy that position was yours. You earn it. Jack started following her trough the station.

- I know Jack and I'll get there but I'm not ready. I thought about it these 7 days and I'm just not in the right place. She was saying not looking at him.

After a while a call came trough. House was on fire. It was the first call with the new captain.

Arriving on the scene the fire progressed. They ran inside to find people who were living there. After searching they found them in the garage. So Andy and Dean got to them to escort them outside but the fire progressed more and they couldn't go out trough the house they  needed to open the big garage doors.

The home owner told the password to Dean but Dean must've heard wrong and instead of unlocking the door he blocked every exit from the garage.

Outside Jack and Vic ran from the house saying what happened to Maya. Maya ordered them to start defensing mode, to put that fire out. She talked to Andy and Dean over the radio. Oxygen tanks were almost at the end so they shared them with the owner. Hearing it Jack suggested Maya to call for a battalion chief but she ignore his suggestion. She wanted to show Sullivan that she can take care of it on her own.

After a while when she finally saw that she can't take care of it on her own she called in for battalion.

They were melting inside. The smoke from the house stayed in the garage since there wasn't good ventilation. It was a hot box.

By the time Sullivan arrived Andy and Dean were out of oxygen. All four of the could barely breathe.

The fire was contained so at least they won't get burned alive but they definitely going to melt.

- Start talking. Sullivan said approaching Maya.

So Maya said everything and Jack jumped in saying she didn't want to call him. Jack was doing all of it because he saw how crappy job she was doing.

- Why didn't you call me earlier?? Sullivan was shouting but hearing Andy's voice his heart broke.

- Maya... we... can't breathe. What's the plan? Andy started coughing.

- Herrera! Is there anything you can use to open the door, anything at all?

- We tried sir. Dean said.
Nothing worked.

Maya explained what they done so far but it wasn't helpful. They were standing in front of the door trying to figure out the best way to get them out.

Andy wanted to hear Robert's voice so bad. She was starting to lose consciousness. They heard Dean shouting inside to stay awake, not to close her eyes. What got her back was hearing Robert's voice.

- Andy, Andy!! Stay awake! We need you here. I need you here. His voice broke.

Everyone kept exchanging looks after what they heard.

- Robert? I don't know if I can. It's so hard to breathe.

Andy started to cry. She thought that was it. I got him and now I'm dying. This is because I rejected captain position.

Meanwhile Dean and the home owner came up with the idea to take the gas from the car and make a bomb with the boiler. Thankfully the home owner was a scientist. While they were working Andy lost consciousness. Dean ran to her to wake her but he couldn't.

- Faster. She lost consciousness. Dean shouted.

So they hurried up to settle everything. Dean dragged Andy into cover.

Outside Robert was trying not to panic but something was telling him it's going to be bad.

They took cover and waiting for the boiler to explode. The whole time Dean was trying to wake Andy but with no luck. It was confusing why only she lost consciousness. It was hard for everyone but it hit her the most.

- OMG I can't feel her pulse.

The boiler explode and everyone ran inside to get them out. Robert took Andy in his arms and carried her outside. Dean was running after him and repeating that she doesn't have a pulse. Robert puts her on the gurney and Travis and Vic started to work on her. They couldn't find the pulse so they intubated her and finally she had a weak pulse.

Robert tried to act normal as possible but he was panicking. He jumped into his battalion car and followed the AidCar.

On the way to the hospital Andy coded and few times. Each time it took them longer to bring her back.

***

The waiting were killing everyone. Sullivan wasn't able to look at Maya. He was pissed. Angry. Sad. He wanted to scream and cry but her couldn't. When he saw that he is about to explode her went outside to let everything out. After sometime he was back. It was obvious he was crying.

Dr. Bailey came to give them not such a good news.

- I'm going to be straight with all of you. It's bad. Really bad. She has been without oxygen for far too long. She inhaled a lot of smoke.

Everyone looked at Maya.

- Go home. You can't do anything. She is hooked up to the machines and start praying for the miracle. Dr. Bailey finished.

- Can I see her? Robert asked.

By now no one cared why he was like that, they know they got close after the AidCar accident. Everyone was pissed at Maya and they left the hospital arguing.

- Just for 2 minutes. Dr. Bailey gave him one of his famous looks.

Arriving at the door of her rooms and looking inside, everything in him broke. He could barely see her face. He took a deep breath and entered the room. He sat on the chair next to the bed and took her hand. He puts her hand on his cheek trying to warm her up. Tears started to storm down his face. He then took her hand in both of his hands and kissed it.

- I told you Maya was a bad choice. Look what she's done. 

Dr. Bailey knocked on the door motioning to her that 2 minutes expired.

- I'll be back tomorrow, baby. Be strong and brave. You got this. He kissed her hand again and got out.

For the next two weeks Andy remained in induced coma. Her lungs needed to get better. Her brain was swollen so they took her to the surgery to remove extra fluid. Pruitt was visiting daily so did Sullivan. Each day that passed Robert slowly started to lose hope but every time he would see her face he knew he has to be strong for her. The team would visit her when they would drop their victims at GreySloan.

After two weeks Dr. Bailey decided to reduce her pain meds and to see if she will wake up.

That was finally some good news even though they don't know will she ever wake up. Robert was in the room when they did all of it and Dr. Bailey said not to get his hopes up. She still couldn't breathe on her own.

Two day passed and nothing happened. She looked like sleeping beauty but in her case no magic kiss will wake her up.

Robert was on shift being frustrated like he was for the past two weeks and 2 days. Maya got benched, probably will lose her captain position. At this point Robert didn't care. The only thing he cared about is Andy. She was on his mind 24/7. When he wasn't on shift he was at the hospital. Being home alone with his thoughts wasn't a good idea. He could barely keep it together. He tried so hard to be strong for her but he was lost. He was deep in his thoughts when his phone rang. It was Pruitt. He stormed out of station and he was in the hospital in 5 minutes. Running trough the corridors so he could meet Pruitt faster.

- What's happening? He said arriving in front of Pruitt.

- She started to breath on her own. They took the tubes out.

- OMG that's amazing. Can I see her?

- Go, go I was in there. Pruitt said and Robert hurried to see her.

Seeing her without the tubes he could finally see her face. She was so beautiful. Looked so peaceful. After 2 weeks and 2 days he saw her again. Tears formed in his eyes. He got his hopes up again.

- Hi beautiful. He caressed her cheek and sat next to her on the bed. We can't wait for you to open those beautiful eyes of yours. I'm here. I'm not going anywhere until you do. I'm sure you can do it. 

Robert sat on the bed for an hour, caressing her hand and her leg talking sweet things to her. Talking what they will do once she is out of the hospital.

Single tear fell down her face and Robert couldn't believe it what he witnessed.

That was a sign that she can hear him. That she was there.

Robert immediately took her hand and kept repeating to her to squeeze it. So she did. It was a light squeeze but very much important.

- C'mon baby. He caressed her cheeks again.

So Andy slowly started to blink adjusting her eyes to the light in the room. Robert couldn't believe what he was witnessing. He got back sitting on the bed waiting for her to say something.

- Robert? She whispered.

- Yes, baby I'm here. You are here. He said with his eyes full of tears.

***

Five days passed and Andy was going home. Everyone from the station was there to support her when she comes out. They were on shift so they came with trucks in front of the hospital.

Andy got into Robert's car and they drove away.

- So where to drive you? He asked as they hit the road.

- Your place? She looked at him hesitantly. I can't go to the apartment that I  shared with Maya and I also don't want to be in the same house with my dad. I just can't deal with all that crap right now.

- Of course. I wouldn't want any other way. He took her hand and kissed it.

- I proposed it to you immediately, I just waited for you to accepted it. He smiled at her and she rested her head on his shoulder.

They arrived in front of the house. It was the first time Andy was at his place. He opened the door for her and she got in. She was walking trough the house observing rooms. Robert kept talking but she didn't hear a thing he was saying. Robert noticed that she was else where. So he slowly got to her and saw that tears were falling down her face.

- Andy? He called her softly.

- I almost died because of Maya. My best friend almost killed me.

Robert catches her as she started to fall down on her knees. Having a full breakdown in front of him.

- I got you. I got you.

He lifted her and took her to sit on the couch.

- Breathe Andy. Deep breaths.

Andy was trying to catch a breath, shaking as she did. Robert sat next to her and pulled her into hug, trying to comfort her as much as he can. She just came to the realization what actually happen on that call.
He kept running his hand trough her hair trying to calm her down.
After a few minutes she broke the hug and looked at him.

- I'm... I'm sorry.

- For what? Crying? Come here.

He hugged her again caressing her arm up and down.

- Get it all out. You will feel better. He kept repeating those words while kissing her forehead.

- I'm the one who needs to be apologizing to you.

Andy looked at him confused.

- I promoted Maya. It's on me that you got injured.

- What? No. Where is this coming from?

- Andy you were in coma for over 2 weeks. It was hell. I went trough literal hell. It's my fault.

- Whoa whoa. Hold on. It's no ones fault but mine and also she could take things differently if she just listened to Jack.
So stop blaming yourself, please. I'm begging you. Andy straightened up and place a kiss on his lips and went back to his embrace.

And they stayed in that position for quite some time and Andy fell asleep.
Robert slowly placed her on the couch putting blanket over her, making sure she is comfortable.

While preparing something for them to eat a phone rang and he picked it up fast so it wouldn't wake Andy up.

He went outside to talk. It was Vic.
She asked how is she and Robert told her everything that happen so Vic would know she is not okay. Vic also asked is it possible for her and Maya to come so Maya can apologize. Robert said that he is not sure it's time so it's better for her to wait when Andy is ready.

As he got inside Andy was awake.

- Hey. Did I wake you?

- No. No. 

- I'm preparing something to eat so why don't you go get a shower upstairs and change your clothes into something more comfortable. Let's go upstairs to show you.

Robert took her bag and they went upstairs.

- I'm assuming you are sleeping with me? He looked at her.

- If you'll have me. She smiled and took his face in her hands for him to lower himself to be closer to her level and she placed a soft kiss.

- Of course I will. That was never questionable. Now go get a shower before all of this become something more than a kiss.

- Okay, okay. She sighed.

Robert smiled and went downstairs to finish the meal.

***

A week passed since Andy was at Robert's place. Robert got back to work and had to deal with all Maya situation. He got pressed from the fire chief to change his mind about captain since it was clear Maya was a wrong choice. He got home and found Andy on the couch watching TV.

- Hey you. Andy said in the sweetest voice.

- Hey. He sat next to her and gave her a kiss and leaned back on the couch and sighed.

His mood changed in a second realizing he needs to have a conversation with her and Andy was rejecting any communication with Maya.

- What's wrong?

- I want to talk to you about something. Robert said in a serious tone.

- Okay, you have my full attention since you went all serious.

- The team have been asking about you. Maya wanted to see if she can come visit you. He finished the sentence hesitantly.

- I don't want to see Maya. Not yet. I'll face her once I'm back.

- Okay. I told her that already. But it's been over a week now and you are going to be back in a few days.

- Is that all? She got up and went to the kitchen, annoyed by his question he's been asking for a few days now.

Robert got up and came to her side turning her bar stool so she can face him.

- She lost her captain position.

- As she should, giving what she's done.

- Fire chief wants me to promote you. He insists and if I don't do it he will.
I had 2 hours meeting today with him and he took last piece of my energy yelling how could I promote Maya over you.
Andy rolled her eyes.

- What will happen to us? She asked with sadness in her tone.

It was the only thing she asked and he could feel the fear in her voice.

- Let's say we have to be extra careful around the station. I'm not planning on letting you go ever again. He smiled.

Andy hugged him tight as her life depended on it.

- That's the only thing I needed to hear! She whispered still hugging him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 182 8
These are some random surrera one shots and drabbles. Hope you enjoy! Sorry for any mistakes, English isn't my first language
16.3K 524 18
This will be random one shots. It will have no schedule. do not anticipate for an update. Whatever comes to mind, I'll write and post. Each OS may se...
14.3K 514 27
We are both broken, but if we hold onto each other tight, then we might be able to glue each other back together. ...
7.1K 450 20
Broken things can always be fixed. Even broken people.