meant to be | j. parker¹

By baxteravenue

JJ Parker (All American) Aaliyah Baker 1/3 of the Baker triplets. Living in Beverly Hills was anything but ea... More

meant to be
Cast List
Playlist
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
book 2

TWENTY-EIGHT

2.6K 54 2
By baxteravenue

"This is really weird," Aaliyah mumbled, moving into a planking position outside in her backyard with Layla, Liv, Spencer, and JJ. The group of friends were engaging in goat yoga which was just supposed to be yoga, with no goats involved. "The goats weren't my idea," Liv bluntly told her sister making a motion at her boyfriend.

"I thought GOAT stood for greatest of all time," JJ told them. "Sometimes it's just goat, man," Spencer sighed, clearly fed up feeling a goat climb onto his back. "I'm sorry, okay? This week sucks. Goats are peeing everywhere, coach is suspended, Spence might not play, and the venue for the jamboree party fell through," JJ said, spewing complaints out.

"Whose fault is it that the venue fell through?" his girlfriend scoffed, laying flat on her stomach and turning her head to tease him. "Someone forgot to send the deposit on time. Not important who. I even had the perfect theme—Pajama jammy jamboree," JJ sighed, reaching across the yoga mat to pinch her cheek.

"Well, can't let that go to waste. Why don't we have the party at my house?" Layla suggested. "Maybe that's not the best idea," Liv told her, subtly trying to shoot the idea down. "Yeah, it ain't just for Beverly," Spencer added. "It's for all the teams in the jamboree."

"Well, it's a good thing I have a big house, then. Parties weren't my problem. It was the party crasher in my head, and she's been quiet lately. It'll be fine, I promise," Layla reassured them. "Where is Jordan? Why isn't he suffering through this?" Spencer asked.

"He stayed back to talk to his dad," JJ told him. "Probably about the suspension. You know anything about it?" Spencer asked looking at the Baker sisters. "Nope, haven't heard a thing. But, I need a burger. Come on, JJ. Let's go to in & out," Aaliyah sighed standing to her feet and stretching her hand out for him.

"It's 11 am," he mumbled, shuffling his feet against the floor and following behind her.

✯✯✯

"What the hell are you wearing?" Aaliyah immediately asked her brother walking up to him and JJ at the jamboree party. "What? What's wrong with my pj's?" Jordan asked looking down at his sheep-adorned pajamas. "I mean...compared to them you two are kind of slacking," she mumbled watching Westlake pass by in their matching robes chanting State Champs. "I look cute, though," she hummed, glancing down at the brown cropped satin tank top with matching shorts and Ugg slippers on her feet.

"She's not wrong. They've got something we don't," Jordan sighed. "Cool smoking jackets?" JJ asked slinging an arm around his girlfriend. "What? No. Unity, alright? They even came as a team. They're all dressed the same. Now, look at us—No coach, no Spencer. Ash doesn't even bother showing up. We need to get it together, or there's no way we're in the jamboree," Jordan told him.

"Yeah, it's gonna be tough without your dad. Did he tell you guys why he was suspended?" JJ asked the two. "No. But, she clearly knows something, I know that look. Spill," Jordan said pushing his sister's shoulder and watching her face twist up in annoyance. "I don't know shit," she hissed, pushing him back.

"I heard it had something to do with drugs," JJ hesitantly told the two. "Where's he going?" he asked watching Jordan walk off to the back where the Westlake boys were chanting Dane's name over and over. "That's Simone's actual baby daddy. And if I didn't know my brother better then I'd know he might be trying to start something over there," she revealed. "I need a drink," she complained, looking up at her boyfriend.

"I always come prepared," he said cheekily grinning at her and pulling a flask out of his pocket. "Come on!" she yelled dragging him over to the couch and curling up on his lap while the two passed his flask around and getting tipsier and tipsier. "No more," she slurred, stretching her legs out onto the couch and grinning sideways, slowly squinting her eyes at the people across from them on the other couch. "Liv! Layla!" she cheered waving her arms around accidentally knocking over the red cup that magically appeared in her hand.

"How much have you had to drink?" Liv asked placing her hands on her hips like a concerned mom. "We didn't eat today," JJ slurred, eyes getting droopy while he talked. "I'll get the Uber," she sighed, pulling her phone out and watching the two close their eyes.

✯✯✯

"Never. Drinking. Again," Aaliyah blankly expressed, trudging up the bleacher steps and sitting next to Layla and Coop. "You and JJ were so drunk last night. Pretty sure Liv's Uber rating went down because one of you threw up in the car," Layla giggled, wrapping her arm around the girl. "Guilty," she mumbled raising her hand. "I gotta give my boyfriend his good luck kisses, be right back," she groaned, slowly getting up from the bleachers and moving down to the field.

"Good morning," JJ chuckled, lifting the sunglasses from her face and pushing them back. "Why did we drink?" she groaned, wrapping her arms around him. "Nice jersey," he hummed, slipping a hand underneath the Beverly Eagles jersey which was JJ's old jersey from sophomore year. "Just kiss me. So, I can sit back down," she whined, forcefully grabbing his face in her hands and pressing her lips against his. "I love you," she said before running back over to the bleachers and not even waiting for him to say it back.

"You two are so cute," Layla hummed, smiling at her friend. "Disgustingly cute. But, yeah, I agree," Coop added. "Thanks," she blushed, pulling a bottle of Pedialyte out of her purse as a way to cure her hangover. "You kind of smell like vodka," Coop said leaning over to sniff the girl.

"Don't sniff me," she mumbled, scrunching her face up at her. The three girls moved their attention back to the field watching the Eagles face-off versus the Westlake Wildcats. The game clearly getting heated as Dane spewed comments to Jordan about Simone. "Yo, what is that all about?" Coop asked, pointing at the fight that broke out.

"I'm glad you asked because I've been dying to talk about it," Aaliyah said, letting out a deep breath. "Okay, so, that guy, number 22 on Westlake, the one who sort of resembles Jordan...yeah, he's Simone's actual baby daddy but, he wants nothing to do with the baby. So, Jordan being Jordan...he stepped up, obviously catching feelings for Simone in the process and now, they're fighting. Like, a bunch of idiots."

"That's a lot to unpack," Layla mumbled. "Remind me to never tell you anything," Coop said, scrunching her face up at the girl. "I asked a question. I didn't need all those unnecessary details about those people's lives," she added.

"No. You asked...and I clearly delivered," Aaliyah defended, holding her hands up and shaking her head. "Excuse me for wanting to have a conversation," she continued on, shamelessly looking down at her manicured fingers which were due to for a fill. "Anyone want to go to the nail salon, soon?"

"Do I look like I get my nails done?" Coop retorted, making both Layla and Aaliyah let out small snorts. "I was offering," Aaliyah giggled, biting down on her lip to prevent her laughter from coming out. "Only if you're paying. I know you got a credit card," Coop hummed, dipping her head down and pointing down at her purse.

"Only if we get a matching set," she said, wiggling the french-manicure acrylic nails that she had. "No," Coop deadpanned. "I'll come with. We're due for some bonding," Layla sighed placing her head against her shoulder. After the short intervention, the team retreated back to the field ultimately beating out each team and winning the jamboree.

"Hey! You di—"

"Did you know?" JJ asked lowly, watching as his girlfriend cheerfully approached him. "Know what?" she questioned, confused over his sudden change in behavior. "About Asher and the steroids. When Asher was mad at you and Liv, and when Jordan asked if you knew...Did you know?!" he yelled banging his fist against the wall outside of the locker room.

"Yes!" she yelled back, throwing her hands up in frustration. "I knew! But, the only reason why I didn't tell you was because Asher promised me not to and—"

"And what Asher says goes, right? Just screw your boyfriend. We're supposed to be in a relationship! You and me. Not you, me, and Asher! You're my girlfriend, not his. So start acting like it," JJ yelled throwing his duffle bag onto the floor. "I hid one thing from you. It wasn't that important," she argued sliding her back against the wall and dropping down on the floor.

"Not important! You and Asher basically dated behind Layla's back. Who's to say you won't do the same thing, again? I'm going home. Find your own ride home," he scoffed, snatching his bag off the ground and walking away.

"Aaliyah?" Asher questioned walking out of the locker room and spotting the girl crying. "I'm fine," she mumbled quickly standing to her feet and brushing the dust off of her butt. "I didn't hear everything...But, I did hear JJ yell that he was ditching you. Need a ride?" he offered.

"I do. Thank you," she hummed quickly shuffling beside the boy who had wrapped a comforting arm around her. "Want to tell me about what happened?" he asked.

"Not really," she said quickly shaking her head once they got into his car, not noticing the one lingering car in the parking lot. The one that had coincidentally belonged to her boyfriend, who watched as his girlfriend and his best friend got into the car together.

"Are you sure?" Asher asked her once again as he pulled up to her driveway, immediately turning his headlights off. "We could drive up the coast, like the old days, and you can tell me everything. I promise I'm all ears."

"I don't think that'd be appropriate. You're my sister's boyfri—"

"We're on a break," he quickly interjected. "Me and Liv are on a break."

"The argument was about you," Aaliyah admitted. "He was upset about me knowing about the whole steroids situation before he did and how I didn't bother telling him. I don't think he trusts me...I thought he was over the whole us, thing. But, clearly, he's not," she explained, reaching for the door handle and picking her purse up from the floor. "I'll see you later, Ash. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Li."

2x15

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.5K 685 14
In which the second half of senior year is nothing as to what Luna Ramirez expected. ✧✧✧ All American Season 4 Sequel to Toxic- J. Baker
123K 1.1K 16
Lexi, the Beverly Hills cheerleader, best friends with Jordan and Olivia well before the incident. Will their past effect their present? Read and fin...
226K 4.5K 40
Life in Beverly Hills was a blast. Having rich parents who let you do whatever you wanted...whenever you wanted, seemed like the ideal life for most...
19.5K 683 15
Olivia Baker, hopeless romantic and growing artist, makes the move to Los Angeles to pursue her dream as a painter. Along the way, she attempts to bo...