Even in a Million Years

By SkiSki26

The weddings finally happening, and the Kalanski and Kazer family is buzzing. All except two. Caleb has bee... More

Authors note
Aesthetics
B + C playlist
~Prelude~
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty eight
Twenty-nine
Thirty
Thirty-one
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty Four
Thirty five
Thirty Six
Thirty seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty

Eleven

26.3K 752 1.4K
By SkiSki26

Bailey

"You look like shit," Arrex snorts

Ah leave it to your brother to make you feel better about yourself. No one will better humble a girl than her brothers.

"Emma please smack my brother," with a wide smile stretched across her face; she does.

"I think that counts as spousal abuse," My brother pouts in his seat as everyone else gathers around the table for breakfast.

"You two aren't married yet," Colton snorts, quite literally dropping into the seat beside me

"Might as well be," Arrex, still pouting and rubbing his arm, mumbles. He could be such a baby sometimes.

My parents had made breakfast this morning, thankfully making my regret of staying up so late last night a little less. Even after leaving my balcony, my mind wouldn't rest.

Why can't I get Jordan out of my head? Caleb too?

"Bailey." Spencer's voice snaps me out of whatever thoughts I'd been immersed in

"You okay over there blondie?" My dad grins

Nope.

"Oh yeah, yeah I'm fine just tired," I nod, a grin mirroring my fathers on my face. I can see Becks concern as he watches my every move but avoid any and all eye contact.

"Good morning my favorite people!" Arya bursts through the door, her voice sounds form the hallway "and Colton,"

"Fuck off!" My brother yells

"I found a kid," she enters with Danielle in her hands

"She's pretty," Elle grins at Arya

"Can I keep her!" Arya jokes, a smile on her face as she watches Danielle

"Can you make me cupcakes?" Danielles eyes light up

"With that face, I'd make anything you told me to girl," Arya smiles at her. She'd always said she was unsure about having kids, but it when it came down to it, she was amazing with them.

"I don't think her dad would appreciate it too much," I grin at the two, She's always been naturally good with kids.

"What would I not appreciate?" Danny appears on the kitchen, instantly focusing on Arya holding his daughter.

"I'm taking your daughter," Arya stated not even looking up.

You know, it would probably be smart to not say this to someone you've never met before, but at the same time, Arya has never given two fucks about first impressions.

"That," I grin

"You know? you can definitely have her for a few hours," he admits, Danielle just looks at him and sticks her tongue out before holding her arms out to him.

Arya finally looks at Danny as she's handing Danielle over before actually introducing herself. In everything going on last night, I don't think she really got to meet the three newcomers.

"I'm Arya," she smiles "Calebs sister and Coltons best friend,"

"No she isn't," Colton snorts

"Fuck off," she rolls her eyes at him "And you must be Danny, the one with a kid,"

"That's me," he smiles his ever charming smile, "You've already met Danielle, and then the other child over there is Spencer," he smirks pointing at Spence who flips him off

"Bails has told me so much about you guys, Bri too," Arya grins

"You'll love Bri," I grin "If you didn't get a full dose of her last night you definitely will soon,"

"What about me?" Bri stumbled into the kitchen rubbing her eyes , Beck following behind her

"You're psychotic," Spencer chimes

"Thanks for that Spence, always a great first impression," Bri rolls her eyes "I don't know if I got to introduce myself, but I'm Bri and I'm not psychotic,"

This earns a snort from Beck, Danny, Spence and even my dad as he brings over the last plate of food.

"Okay kids breakfast is ready," My dad places the last tray of food down onto the table for all of us. We all just about jump on each other to get it.

"I missed your breakfast," Beck says to our parents with a full mouth

"Why the hell am I dating you?" Bri says through her yawn, entering the kitchen, closing Becks mouth in the process.

"Because you looooveee mee," My twin smirks at her before pulling her closer and whispering something in her ear that makes her go as red as a fire truck.

"Aunt Bri, why is your face so red?" Danielle questions innocently. The rest of us all hold our laughs in as Bri struggles to answer the child appropriately.

"Yeah babe, why is your face so red?" Beck smirks at her expectantly, the innocence on his facing showing he's anything but.

Bri looks like she's ready to kill my brother before looking back at Danielle "I just stubbed my toe on the table," she grins "I'm okay,"

"Oh okay," Danielle just nods before her attention goes right back to her pancakes,

At this point no one can keep in their laughter, and every single one of us burst out laughing.

"Hey! Why are you guys laughing without us?" Tyler's voice sounds from the front door as him and Wes enter

"We're supposed to be the funny ones of this family," Wes states

"Your best friend is an asshole," Bri snorts

"We all are, this isn't news," Wes sits down opposite of Colton, Ty follows, both grabbing food off the multiple plates in the middle.

"Where's Kazer?" Ty questions Arya and she shrugs

"He's still sleeping, we were still up talking at 5," Arya nods

"Why the hell would you be up that late?" Ace questions, we were all dead by the time everyone went home, most of my family passed out right after. Except Danny and I.

"Well he went to bed, I was up writing an essay and making calls for this internship I've been trying to get,"

"At five a.m?" Ace questions and she just nods

"Work never stops," Danny grins and she mirrors it

"Never," she snorts. We understood where she was coming from, in our line of work, much like hers, it was demanding, and took up most of our lives. Danny has had to adjust the most having Danielle, it was a struggle the first two years for him to switch his whole focus from medicine and work to his daughter.

"Mine does," Ty smirks "I teach a bunch of third graders for seven hours, by three o'clock I am done and can get myself shitfaced,"

"Seeing him as a teacher makes me question what our teachers did when we were kids," Beck chimes

"Definitely laying eachother," Ty nods

"Remember Ms.Lizetti and Mr.Cabrera from fifth grade?"

"Yeah why?" Arrex questions

"I'm willing to bet even good money they were fuckin," Ty states in all seriousness

"You know, I would ask how he knows this but I think I already know," Colton smirks and Tyler mirrors it. God they were too alike. My brother hung out with us way too much growing up.

"What else is a teachers desk for?" Tyler chimes

I hear a gag from behind me "Tyler please never speak...ever again,"

And one out of two of my favorite people has arrived.

"Holy shit!" I whip around in my seat to face the girl i'd hated Senior year but grew to love like a sister "Lexi!"

"Bails!" She yells at the same time as we practically tackle each other.

Despite raising a teenager, she looks just as she did when we were in highschool. The long dark hair she once hair now bluntly cut just above her shoulders, her always tan skin flawless and perfect, contrasting her icy blue-green eyes that I will forever and always be jealous of.

"Oh my god how have you been?!" I pull away slightly to look at her as she does the same.

"Amazing! Kelsey keeps me on my toes but things have been great," she smiles with tears in her eyes.

She'd gone to court right after she had turned twenty to gain full custody of her younger sister from her absent parents, it was a hard fight but after months she'd won full custody, and is now her sisters legal guardian. Her going through all of that had been the closest I'd been to flying home. She was just as big a mess as I was with worry for her sister. For a while there it seemed like nothing her or her brother did was going to earn them custody, but eventually she won and Kelsey  had to see their parents in years.

The rest of the group joined, all greeting her before she joined the table alone with us.

"So guys this is Lexi, I hated her our senior year," I grin introducing her to our friend "Lex, that's Danny, that ones Spencer and that's Bri,"

"Hey! Bebe!" Danielle calls out

"Sorry Danielle," I grin "And she is Danielle, Danny's daughter,"

"It's awesome to finally meet you guys, Bails talks about you all the time," she smiles

"You guys too," Spencer nods with a small smile of his own

"Damn y'all started the party without me?" The very last one of the group, enters the house, his fiancée beside him.

"Kazer!" Lexi's up again as she jumps on Caleb, he catches her effortlessly laughing.

"Hey Lex," he grins, setting her down

"Fuck you're huge," she looks up at him with wide eyes

"That's what playing football for a living will get you," he smirks down at her before looking at Liv "Lex, this is Liv, my girlfriend, Liv this is an old Friend, Lexi,"

"Nice to meet you," Lexi offers her best fake smile and I can already tell she's silently judging Olivia.

She's one of my best friends but she'll always be a bitch.

"You too," Liv grins before following Caleb to take a seat at the table "Do all of you eat here like this normally?"

"We used to back when we were younger," Wes nods "Obviously we had less people before but yeah,"

"Kalanski's would have breakfasts and dinners all the time for everyone," Lexi smiled "Everyone was allowed to come, even the younger kids, I'm pretty sure my older brother showed up a time or two,"

"Your parents really cooked for everyone?" Liv looks at my brothers and I

"Yeah," Arrex nods

"I couldn't imagine cooking for that many people," Liv snorts "Usually it's just us,"

"Cheri and Adam are the best, some days, I think I loved them more than my own parents," Tyler smiles proudly and I just shake my head.

"Tyler don't say that," Cheri smacks him in the side of the head as she enters the kitchen, my dad, Aaron and Kay all following her "You love your parents,"

"Yes mama C," he mumbled going back to his food

"That happened a lot too," Wes looks form his best friend to Liv

"Remember when Cheri said that if we sacrificed anyone it would be Ty?" Caleb grins "I think that still stands,"

"It definitely does," Arya, Lexi, Em and I say at the same time before bursting into our fits of laughter.

Holy shit I missed this.

I've found myself saying that a lot as of late.

"So aside from that, what are we up to today?" Wes questions

"I mean we just have cake tasting and a few things to do but you guys don't gotta come with us for that," Brett grins

"I mean we're here for you guys so seriously anything," Ty says and we all nod in agreement, we wouldn't be here together if it weren't for them.

"Oh Bails, actually can you do something for us," Ace grins

Now I know that grin. That either his 'I know you don't want to do this but I will love you forever if you do," or it's his "can you make this for me I will l or you forever," grin.

"What?"

"Can you make us pumpkin squares for the movie night tonight?" Aces grin turn to puppy eyes and I just laugh and nod. Of course I can make him pumpkin squares.

I don't miss Calebs face light up at the mention of pumpkin squares, yet he still stays quiet.

He loved the pumpkin squares.

"Yes I'll run to the store after we get this cleaned up," I smile "anything else?"

"Here you can take my card," my brother goes to give me his debit card but I reject it, putting my hand up.

"I don't need it," he glared at that and pushes it further into my hand "You can give it to me all you want, im still using my card,"

"Not if we take that from you too," Brett grins before motioning to Tyler and Wes.

Before I can even stand up, the two goons are running up to my room, returning a minute later with my wallet in hand.

"Now you have to take my card," my big brother grins in victory when I take his card.

"I need my license," I look at dumb and dumber who hand over my drivers license. I stand up, fighting a smile at everyone's laugh as I make my way upstairs to change. Returning back down just a few minutes later to help clean up.

"Okay I'm gonna go," I tell Beck and Danny just as I finish helping them with the dishes "I'll be back in a bit,"

"Don't threaten us," Danny snorts, I flip him off before yelling a goodbye to everyone else and leaving.

I decided to drive a little further out of town to the bigger grocery store in Mistbrook, they had more stuff there, I could make Ace regret forcing me to use his card a bit.

Another plus to going out here, I wouldn't be recognized. In my town I was known by damn near everyone, especially after Jordan's death, our group had been front and center in the town newspaper for weeks. Right now I just want to get what I need without receiving looks of pity or unwanted conversation.

Everything had been easy to find, getting enough for a triple batch I was almost done within an hour, the very last thing I needed being pumpkin purée.

"Ah shit," I huff as I spot the exact cans I need sitting on the second highest shelf. Now I am a grown woman...who looked absolutely ridiculous at her attempts at jumping to reach the cans.

After multiple failed jumping attempts, I pushed my cart out of the way to start climbing, in the process though, it hit someone else's cart.

"Oh sorry," I glance over briefly before grabbing my cart, bringing it closer

"Um do you need help?" A eerily familiar voice questions.

Holy shit I know that voice.

I dated that voice.

"Dallas?" I whip around to face my ex-boyfriend.

He and I had fallen off about a year or so after I'd moved. We both got busy with our own lives and slowly we started talking less and less until not at all.

Then I met him...and god forbid I talked to ANY guy, let alone one I'm not related to.

"Holy shit, Bailey?!" The smile that spreads across his face is huge as he recognizes me. "I didn't even know you were back,"

"Yeah, I-I'm back for Aces wedding," I smile up at him, despite our relationship,  we had actually become good friends. He was there for me a lot after Jordan. "God how have you been?"

"Good, great actually," His smile like always was bright. He had few wrinkles by his shining eyes and had begun to grow a little stubble along his jaw. He still had his boyish look, just slightly more mature. "I actually-"

"Dad?" I hear a small voice sound from behind him catching both our attentions. Behind him stood a young girl, no older than ten, holding a box of cereal. Standing beside her stood a boy, he was taller than her, slightly more mature. The two shared the same eyes and nose, the only physical difference between the two being their hair. The little girl having dark brown almost black hair, contrasting the boys much lighter, dirty blonde hair.

"Dad huh?" I grin as Dallas looks back at me

"Uh-yeah, yeah these are my kids," he chuckles "Alyssa and Miles, this is an old friend of mine, Bailey,"

The little girl marches right up to me, not smiling until standing directly in front of me.

"I'm Alyssa and I just turned six," she smiles

"Hi Alyssa," I grin, squatting down to her height "I'm Bailey, and I'm twenty five,"

"You're old," she giggles and I can't help but laugh as her father scolds her

"Alyssa Leanne!"

"It's fine," I smile at Dallas "I am old aren't I,"

She just giggles before grabbing her fathers hand. Her brother however, was still standing in his place only offering a small wave. Seemingly more shy than his sister.

"He's a lot more quiet than his sister is," Dallas grins as I stand back up and nod.

"They're adorable," I grin "Good thing they look nothing like you,"

"Still a bitch huh?"

"You know it bud," I laugh and so does he, shaking his head

"Damn I missed you," He smiles "We gotta catch up, are you free today?"

"Yeah I am actually, I just have to make some stuff for Ace and Brett for the movie night tonight, but other than that I have nothin," I smile "Do you want to come over tonight actually? We're just having a movie night around seven like we used to,"

"I would love to, there's a lot I gotta catch you up on," he smiles

"Dallas?" Another man rounds the corner, tall with dark hair to match his skin and dark eyes, the two kids instantly running up to him. He was tall, equally as tall as Dallas was maybe even moreso and exuded a confident energy.

"That being one of them," Dallas grin as me before facing the man now approaching us "James, meet Bailey, Bailey meet my husband, James,"

Holy fuck.

Hes married?!

HE'S-

"H-Hi, I'm an old friend from highschool," I cover my suprise "How long have you guys been together?"

"About six years now," James answered, smiling a visually perfect smile.

Damn, Dallas has good taste.

"Damn you really lucked out," I smirk at Dallas before returning  my eyes to his husband, "I'm sorry if this is blunt but you are visually perfect,"

James just smiles, a blush spreading over his cheeks as he thanks me

I feel my phone buzz in my pocket shortly after we all start to talk. I'd learned they met in their freshman year at school in their economics class and started dating a few weeks after, they got married at 20 and adopted the two kids a year and a half after.

"Excuse me," I excuse myself as I answer the incoming call from Beck "Hey what's up?"

"Just checking in, are you okay?" He questions. He's started doing this after I'm gone for a while, he calls it his check ups, I call them annoying but thoughtful nonetheless.

"I'm okay, great actually, you know you don't have to do this?"

"I know but you've been gone for a while and didn't answers Spence's text. Danny, Spence and I Just wanted to make sure you were okay," Oh shit I didn't even know he had texted me.

"Well I am good, know who I just ran into?"

"Who?"

"Dallas!"

"Holy shit, Dallas Arres?"

"Yeah! We ran into each other, we're gonna go out for lunch in a bit and let me tell you DAMN has a lot changed, I'll fill you in more later,"

"Okay okay," I hear my twin laugh on the other line as he says this "I'll see you later B,"

"Yep, bye bud," and with that I'm walking back to Dallas and his family.

"All good?"

"Yeah it was just Beck," I nod

"Okay, we should get going D, Miles has practice in an hour," James says, picking Alyssa up

"Yeah we gotta get going," Dallas looks back to me "Do you still wanna meet up later? Say an hour or so?"

"Sounds perfect," I grin "My house?"

"Yep," he nods

"Okay! It was nice meeting all of you guys," I smile at James and their two kids

"You too," James mirrors my smile before walking away with Dallas beside him.

God damn, I would've never guessed.

•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

HI READERS!!
So, safe to say it's definitely been a minute! If I'm being completely honest, it took me over two weeks to write and edit this chapter but I wanted to make sure it was a good and long one for you guys.

I want to give you all a heads up, that there will probably be a longer wait for the next chapter. My life is the most insane and stressful it's ever been and it doesn't seem to be slowing down any time soon. I just started a new job, I'll be working about 30 hours a week, plus a minimum of 5 hours a week volunteering. On top of all of that I also have SAT's in two weeks, then four AP tests a month after that, and then finals. Gotta love Junior year, right? Whatever spare time I have that I won't be working or studying, I will be with friends and family. I will not have time to write and I'm sorry that this may be upsetting but I have priorities that I have to worry about, this book not being one of them right now.

I wanted you guys to have an explanation, so please do not send me messages or comment, telling me to update because it will not happen. I don't have an update schedule for this exact reason because I write only when I have time to, some days having more time than others.

I appreciate all of my loyal readers support, thank you all for being so patient!!

'Till next time guys!
XO- Ski

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

203K 8.5K 23
'Accidents happen'. That's what people say. Yet, some accidents take away from us more than others. Ethan had it all. Everything was lined up in fr...
17.3K 544 73
Aspen Carlee Ellington. "Beau's Girl" That's how I've been known since the 10th grade. Every time I looked into the future...whether it was an hou...
70 0 9
Morgan is going back to school, again. Studying to be a chef specializing in confectionery, Morgan's had an eventful and tumultuous start to life. Ev...
118K 3.9K 84
SEQUEL TO "THE POND TWINS" <><><> Sometimes the universe's greatest mystery... is the person right next to you. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Twenty five years...