You (Cold Heart) [Jenlisa Sto...

By EunoiaKyra

Lalisa Manoban is looking for a new opportunity in one of the biggest companies not only in Korea but around... More

1. Waiting
2. Cold eyes (The interview)
3. The elevator (Waiting again)
4. First day (You)
5. You (Again)
6. Lunch (Maybe)
7. Sweet dreams (Clubbing & Drama)
8. Pancakes (Friendship & Bikes)
9. Call me friend (But keep me closer)
10. The project (Jealousy & Donuts)
11. Concept Art & Lunch (At last)
13. You & I (Exploding Hearts)
14. Important meetings (Coffee & Cake)
15. Nobody said it would last forever (darling)
16. Kill 'em with kindness ( unexpected encounter)
17. Do you think about me? (maybe)
18. Stand by me (Dinner & Leather jackets)
19. Ask me to be nice (and then I'll do it extra mean)
20. Studio (dancing & pictures)
21. Girls night (just wanna have fun)
22. Will be there for you (unicorns and cuddling)
23. Let your guards down (Try)
24. You look at me (Something about you drives me crazy)
25. Campaign (Fashion & Art)
26. Can't stop my heart from beating (Confessions)
27. Beating hearts (oblivious)
28. New friend? ( Jealousy)
29. Little bit jealous (I need to tell you something)
30. You should be here (just my luck)
31. Cold heart (I'm an idiot)
32. Sorry (Ice cream and photoshoots)
33. I'll miss you (little bear)
34. Dance moves (Hidden talents and calls)
35. The other Mrs. Kim (FBI and Lunch)
36. Shopping spree (Be fully aware of your surroundings)
37. Au revoir Paris (will see you again soon)
38. You (always has been you)
39. Yellow (Step up your game)
40. Kiss & Make Up (Be mine)
41. Lovesick (First date?)
42. Injuries (You just need a little bit of my encouragement)
43. Let's do this (filming)
44. Home (kiss me and cook for me)
45. Dinner (the moment of truth)
46. Madness (I don't have anything to hide)
47. Mine (curious about you)
48. Preview (Drive me crazy)
49. Preparations (You better behave)
50. Home (I feel complete)
51. Fashion Runway & Cocktails (Panic)
52. Rescue me (food war)
53. Why? (You should go back to where you belong)
54. You (Not again)
55. You would know (if you stayed)
56. My heart can't take a loss (Is your love gone?)
57. What should I do (shattered hearts)
58. Please (take care of her for me)
59. Is this the best for me? (us)
60. Am I nothing to you now?
61. Fight back (I miss you)
62. Don't you ever dare again (Mistakes & Consequences)
63. Where are you? (Need you now)
64. Photoshoots & Friends
65. Change of plans (Just go for it)
66. Take the risk (May the odds be ever in your favour)
67. Stay with me (I love you)
68. Just love me (I'm all yours)
69. Family dinner (sparkling happiness)
70. Fun (Going back + crying hearts)
71. The letter (I wish the best for you)
72. My heart & soul (belongs to you)
73. Be my future
74. Take me to the sky (I love you)
75. Kisses and confessions (Second thoughts)
76. Breaking news (Now or never)
77. Power couple (Fashion industry have mercy)
78. She is the one (Think of me)
79. Let's talk (Family weekend)
80. Hey there! (Manoban effect)
81. Nothing to think about (business)
82. Working hard (extra hours)
83. Special chapter: New beginnings
84. Special chapter: I thought we could be more...
85. Special chapter: Everything I need is...
86. Special chapter: Your eyes
87. Special Chapter: Miss Manobangs
Author's note:
88. Special Chapter: It's YOU, it has always been You
Author's note: Thank youuuuu 💜
More stories
New Story!

12. New campaign ( Aliens & Ukelele songs)

18.8K 547 22
By EunoiaKyra

It was already 7pm, Lisa was just decorating a little, her office seemed too plain for her taste, she got s couple of plants, a picture of her family for her desk, a little plushie of her cat Leo, and the first picture that she got published was hanging on her wall, it was framed by her mum, she even wrote how proud she was of her daughter on it, and a cute alien from the Toy stoy film besides her computer.

Mr. James passed by her office to tell her he would leave already and told her she could go home as well, he promised to tell her some exciting news tomorrow, and Lisa was really happy for that, even though she wanted to know what was the big deal, she always has been a curious person.

After a long day she sat for a moment, to be done with work was nice, a feeling of accomplishment was filling her up, she liked productive days, she has been having great days working for the Kim empire, she was about to leave when suddenly she recalled that she brought her Ukelele, it was relaxing to play a little and maybe sing as well, her office was comfy, with enough space, even a huge window with a beautiful view of the city, and a comfy sofa, she sat again and played "Somewhere over the rainbow" it reminded her of home and her family, specially her grandma, she was lost on her music, feeling peace and enjoying the calm.

What Lisa didn't notice is that Jennie was standing there, listening to the beautiful melody, she didn't know her friend had musical skills and an amazing voice as well, she was there simply because she forgot to give her back some files, and Lisa surely would need them tomorrow, it was a pleasant surprise to fund Lisa relaxing in that way, she didn't want to interrupt her friend or intrude in her space, so she thought it was better to leave.

But before she could turn around to leave her alone she heard Lisa's voice, "Are you enjoying the view as well?", Jennie blushed, and then she realised Lisa was talking about her window, "Yes, it's beautiful isn't it?", Lisa nodded happily, "How did you knew I was here?" Jennie asked her.

Lisa just chuckled "Easy, do you see that little green man over there?, he can't keep any secret, plus his only duty is to watch that door" both laughed and Jennie got closer to Lisa's desk, she wanted to look better at the cute alien and then she saw that cute picture of her family, she couldn't help but smile, "Be careful, he says he likes you, he got mesmerized by your eyes", Jennie laughed "Oh Mr. Alien is such a flirt huh?, He better behave or he will get fired and escorted out of here", the Thai girl smiled widely "Don't worry I told him already, and he promised to focus on his job" both laughed again.

Jennie told Lisa that her office was beautiful, "I praise your taste Manoban, this looks better, I see you have a good eye, and by the way I forgot to give you this (signaling some folders) you'll need them, that's why I was here looking like a stalker, I'm sorry to interrupt you", Lisa thanked her and showed her all the changes she did, Jennie loved mini Leo and her first picture, she saw something written in Thai ฉันภูมิใจในตัวคุณลูกสาวที่รักของฉันมาก, but she didn't want to seem too curious or nosey, to ask what that means, even though she really wanted to know.

Both left the office, Jennie came back to her floor and Lisa went to the parking lot, she thought about waiting for Jennie but she didn't want to seem too much or too clingy, so she went back home.

---

The next morning Lisa decided to get some coffee for her boss, she arrived early, sneaked the coffee inside the office but something was different and caught her eye, the whole place was filled with different flowers, she never saw something like that before, it was impressive, someone arrived even earlier than her to prepare that surprise, so she thought it was better to don't leave the coffee there this morning, it was obvious the boyfriend was the person behind that, and it seemed Jennie's boyfriend wanted to fix things and she didn't want to cause any trouble, even though it was a simple coffee and a paper napkin.

On her way to the elevator she ran into Jennie, that made her heart jump, and now she felt weird cause she had the cup in her hand, Jennie saw it, but didn't mentioned anything, Lisa just nodded and said "Good morning boss, have a great day", "So formal Manoban, have a great, no, wait, an amazing day as well" both smiled at each other and they headed to their respective offices.

Lisa felt sad, but she couldn't find a reason for it, she went to the 8th floor.

---

When Jennie arrived to her office, she couldn't believe it, all the flowers she liked were gathered there and the aroma was so alluring, so sweet, she was amazed by this, so she hurried to look for a card or something to indicate who was the person behind this, she had a little hope it was someone special, and not a simple partnership or investor gesture. She found a little envelope with a card inside:

Jen, I'm sorry for everything, please forgive this stupid guy, I love you and I need you so badly, I'll pick you up for lunch

Kim Jong-in

Jennie was a little disappointed, she thought this was from someone else, but she really had to talk with Kai, so it was better to get lunch with him plus it was a cute detail, a really cute detail, very different from what he used to do or act.

---

Lisa was peacefully working and scribbling some ideas when Mr. James came to her office, "Lalisa Manoban, we need to talk", he said it in a paternal way, she nodded and asked him to take a seat, "So I just have to tell you our Executives and the President were amazed by your talent, and so am I that's why I needed to talk to you, so this is my plan, please hear me out first, I would like you to be a co-director for this project, maybe later on you'll have this chance again, mostly you will, so close your mouth kiddo, and listen ok?, This new campaign is basically yours, you are the foundation of this, we will work in this project together as colleagues, you'll be able to make changes, approve ideas and of course immerse yourself in this world, maybe one day you'll take my place, more like I would love for you to replace me when my time here it's done, I have been planning to retire but I always had doubts about who could make a better job than me, I'm not trying to be cocky or anything, but this it's a really important post and well we will listen to you and we will materialize your concept, we want you to help us plan everything, lights, movements, make up, etc. I can't do this by myself because you are the brain behind this, your ideas are really good, and I'm sure the team will work better with you as the head, I'll be by your side to support you, but you'll be taking almost all the responsibilities and big decisions, I trust you Lisa, so what do you think?" Lisa was speechless, and just like that she started to hop around her office and giggle a little.

Her boss smiled at her reaction "So I guess that means you are going to say yes to my plan?" Mr. James said all happy, "I.. well.. YES OF COURSE, this is an amazing thing, well beyond amazing, I thought it would take me years to achieve something like this, Oh god are you really sure about this?, I won't take it wrong if you decide to change your mind, ahhhhh I'm just so... wait... Can I hug you Mr. James?" And before he could agree Lisa embraced him tightly.

All the team was aware of this, mostly because she was super loud and jumping around, so everyone congratulated Lisa, she couldn't stop talking with them about her opportunity, and even less stop smiling, she felt this wonderful team was becoming part of her family, they all were great people.

She wanted to tell everyone, Rosé, her family and Jennie, especially Jennie actually, so she went quickly to the 10th floor, greeted Krystal with a huge smile and went straight to Jennie's office, while dancing a little, but her assistant told her she was with someone, and she needed to wait "Miss Kim didn't want any interruptions, and I'm here to make sure all her orders are carefully followed" she said in a serious tone, so Lisa nodded and sat outside.

20 minutes passed already, and she was curious about who was inside,this was taking longer than she expected.

Then she remembered that this morning she saw all those flowers adorning every single centimeter in the office, she got a feeling and she couldn't wait any longer, she pretended to stretch herself, this way she could take a glimpse inside from the corner of the window, she wasn't wearing her glasses, so she tried to focus her sight, and there she was, the one and only Jennie Kim in Kai's arms.

After what she saw inside the CEO's office, she approached Jennie's assistant "Mrs. Kyong, I'll leave now, she is probably really busy and will take a long time, I promise to call her later, so please don't tell her I was here, what I was gonna say to her can wait, I don't want to bother, and thank you, by the way... you look lovely today" the old woman nodded and kept working on her computer, woah that assistant was tough.

Lisa felt like she couldn't breath easily, like if something heavy was pressing her chest and obstructing her air flow, and then she ran into Krystal, "Lis is everything ok?, where are you going so fast?, You look pale", She went back, closer to Krystal, trying to breath calmly, "Yes, everything is fine, I'm just really happy, I'll be working on this big project, I wanted to talk to Miss Jisoo but she is in a meeting so I'll take my leave and call her later, how are you? How is work going?", She went back to her bubbly self, and talked to Krystal for a long time, the girl seemed happy to talk to her, later on she took the elevator back to her floor, and then she felt her sadness back, she was good at masking her feelings in front others, was this a good thing?

For the rest of the day she tried to dismiss the disappointment, after all why feel that way, it doesn't even make sense, and she tried to keep herself busy with her project, she already had an idea about everything she wanted to do.

She even ate lunch inside her office, well half sandwich, too focused on her project, she excused herself from a couple of workmates that asked her to get lunch with them, because she just wanted to make this project work, or most likely she wanted time to be alone.

She preferred to act this way cause it was easier for her to cope with how she felt, she jus needed to understand why, plus she didn't want to have to deal with attachments or feelings towards people, or... More like deceptions.

When it was almost time to leave, after working more than she needed to, Lisa decided to admire Seoul from her window, she managed to take some photographs from the view, since she discovered she could actually open her window, the breeze was making her feel relaxed, she admired the sunset and took a couple of shoots more.

Then she sat on her sofa hugging mini Leo, "Leo what do you think? Is Jennie Kim driving me crazy, or was I already crazy?, yes, ok yes, I was already crazy, don't worry, I won't make a fool of myself again, it's not like I can right?, Leo what's going on with me, what do I do... Ok buddy you give the best advice" she smiled bitterly, she was thinking about something that couldn't happen, it shouldn't happen, it won't happen and it was better this way,stop everything and don't complicate things, she is here for her career and nothing more, she took her things and decided to go home, with a heavy heart.

---

Before leaving Jennie passed by Lisa's office, but nobody was there, it wasn't weird, something she liked is the fact Lisa won't stay till late if it's not really necessary, she was about to get out when she noticed a cup of coffee, the same coffee she didn't receive this  morning, she came closer to take a better look, it was cold and full, so Lisa didn't drink it but it didn't surprised her, since Lisa explained already why she prefers tea, Why did she get coffe if she can't drink it?, then she noticed the cup had a mini note attached to it, it was even written on a napkin.

I ran out of paper, but I wanted to wish you a great day, you are the best boss, smile more often, it suits you😉

LM 💜

She read the note again and again, was this coffee for me? Or maybe for someone else, that someone rejected Lisa?, She suddenly felt uneasy, even though the note clearly talked about her boss, plus it was the same coffee Lisa would get for her randomly by leaving it on her desk's office, then she realised something... maybe Lisa saw all those flowers and felt weird or uncomfortable, did she think Kai would be around and maybe, just maybe she didn't want to cause any trouble for me?, she already knew Kai was kinda jealous of everybody.

Jennie decided to text Lisa and maybe casually ask her about it, but then she realised something else, she has never asked for her phone number. "Good one Kim", she said for herself, and walked away from there.

Then she had second thoughts about it, she came back and took the note carefully, she already had a mini collection of them in her office anyway and she just decided to throw away the cup, nobody would drink it anyway.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 545 6
They said there are only two things why past lovers are still friends. Either they are still in love, or they never were. But does that mean Jennie...
34.5K 495 23
Jennie Kim, youngest CEO in South Korea. She owns one of the biggest entertainment companies. Is she willing to give the relationship a try despite h...
35.3K 1.2K 40
50% true life events, 50% imagination Two brokenhearted strangers unexpectedly meet in a foreign country. Beautiful friendship blossomed and turned i...
100K 2.2K 43
Lisa Manoban, a renowned second child of Manoban Family. She became successful on her own and established her own company without anyone's help. She...