87. Special Chapter: Miss Manobangs

Lalisa Manoban, also the love of my life and the most annoying person I could face inside the elevator late at night, yeah that amazing night changed my attitude completely, of course at first I was just running for my dear life since I'm kinda sensitive and I get scared in dark places.

I had an awful day after my mum made me find a new assistant for James as a punishment, yeah the rumours were... Kind of true, let's say it's not that easy work for me, and that damn boy was really dumb, I couldn't see any potential, yet it was Mr. James the one who hired him in first place, my mum was there and she approved but once that assistant ruined an entire photoshoot by tangling himself in all the wires and destroying thousand of dollars on equipment, I had to get rid of him, he got scared because he thought I would made him pay for everything, that was my last concern, people in that photoshoot were working almost for hours non stop, yet he ruined everything in 5 minutes, I knew he was clumsy, he usually spilled coffee on him or tossed all his papers around, Chu said he just got intimidated by me, but come on, am I that scary?, Well that awful Friday the big boss made sure to clear my schedule and torture me, the interviews weren't that long, cause I made sure to tell them I only expected perfection.

When it was time for my last interview I was just losing it, I had to rest, so I asked my assistant to take the last person to the meetings room, and that she could leave after that, it was late, I was annoyed and hungry, then I went to my office and I lost track of time doing other things,  I really felt bad when I realised I totally forgot about the interview, I ran to see if someone was till there but that person left, and for the first time I really regretted my attitude, after all that person just wanted a chance to get the position, I came back to my office I gathered my things and some files I had to check, then I realised everything was too dark, the 10th floor is only for CEOs, why 10th? And not the last one? Because it's my mum's favourite number, and thank god cause I would hate to spend a lot of time inside an elevator to go to the last floor.

That's when I noticed there wasn't people around, I was just scared as I said running for dear life, when I heard the elevator opened and I saw a tall girl with bangs there, so I ran faster and I asked her to hold it for me to get in, she tried to help me with the folders but come on guys, I didn't know her, and those folders are classified information so I just avoided her and I heard her sight, that made my blood boil, plus what's with those damn bangs?

Yeah I didn't have a reason to be rude, after all she waited for me but I was just annoyed, I'm temperamental, or at least I used to be, mood swings were common, specially if things didn't go the way I wanted.

I remember her face when I told her I would fire her, that's when I noticed she was really beautiful, a perfect Barbie doll right in front of me, she looked foreigner, but that beauty didn't stop me from bitching because well I'm Jennie Ruby Jane Kim, and nobody defy me, when she ignored me that enraged me, how come this girl had the guts to do that, specially when I told her I was the CEO, and then being the big jerk I used to be I just told her I would ban her to get inside the building, she just looked at me with an annoyance all over her face and then the expression on her face saddened, "Miss CEO, you don't have to worry, I don't think I'll be able to come back here anyways", she said to me and looked away, then I felt a pang in my chest when I realised she was there for the interview, her perfect doe eyes reflected a huge disappointment, it was obvious, she had her papers and a portfolio but I had to pretend I didn't care, even though I did, it was late to apologize plus I never did that with anyone, I wasn't gonna start with her but still I wanted to say something.

Then the damn elevator stopped abruptly, it shook awfully and the lights went off, I lost it, I was in a dark narrow place scared to death, I screamed out loud, I could feel my body shaking, I used to have anxiety and panic attacks sometimes, specially in situations I couldn't handle because they weren't under my control, I was there paralysed, scared and crying when I felt somebody took me in her arms, I never felt so safe before, somehow Bangs made me feel comfortable and for a moment I forgot she was the one embracing me, till I heard her voice "Don't worry Miss CEO, I'm here, nothing will happen to you".

After listen to her soothing voice I felt a little bit better but still I couldn't stop crying, it seemed Bangs tried to distract me a little since she just kept talking to me "Hey, don't cry, I'm Lisa, do you want we talk a little so you can distract yourself from this situation?" She said to me, and I couldn't stop thinking that after everything I said to her, after the way I acted all rude and just like a damn bitch , she was really concerned about me, she was doing this out of kindness, and maybe it was the first time somebody outside my family cared that much about me, so when I nodded to her she just asked me to sit on the floor by her side, she felt me nodding because we were to close, I could smell her sweet perfume, I had to say yes, even though I didn't want her breaking the hug, that's when I realised, she was not only beautiful outside but inside as well, she was just too sweet and nice and I think that's when she got my attention, nobody made me feel like this before, I really thought it was something like get a real friend, someone who really would care and help you out whenever, even without ask, Lisa, it was a beautiful name, just like her, yeah she caught me looking at her a couple of times.

Then I had to ask why was she there even if I knew the answer already, I saw her work, she wasn't just kind, she was really smart, her résumé was flawless, the recommendation letters praised her talent and lastly all those shoots were beautiful, I had to offer her the posts there wasn't anyone better than her, I read her whole name Lalisa Manoban, it sounded even sweeter, she gave me a huge smile and I couldn't help but smile back, she would start on Monday, a new photography assistant and a possible new friend.

Yeah that's what I thought at first, that maybe we could be friends, I didn't have a lot, all of them were Kai's friends and I didn't really liked them, even though they were always nice.

All the weekend she was on my mind, popping out randomly, so I would smile randomly as well.

What made my heart flutter was the fact she arrived earlier than me and had the guts to leave a cup of coffee and macarons, nobody did this for me before,  let's say Lalisa Manobangs stole my heart since the beginning, and I was so dumb that I didn't realised right away, it took time, but once I made up my mind I decided to go for her, she was what made me smile all the time, she was my saviour, my best friend, she completed me, yeah we had rough times, you already know, Jennie Kim loves drama...but that made us get a stronger connection, now we have been dating for almost two years and I couldn't even wait a whole year to propose to my wonderful girlfriend, on the exact day we met each other.

Now we are getting ready to finally  get married, I won't let her go, I won't take her for granted, she is the one, my beautiful monkey, the girl that once saved me, the girl that showed me what true love is like, and let's not forget how my family adores her.

Along our journey I got amazing close friends, I got closer with my mum and family, I have everything I wanted and now they all and our families are waiting for us, I'm so nervous, she better don't do anything crazy or I swear I'll cut her bangs!

She is my forever, and I would say yes a thousand times to spend the rest of my life with her, the ceremony will be simple, but the location is beautiful, this is a special place because I got my babe back when I decided to pursue my happiness and the love of my life, I love Thailand, I love that my family got bigger and I'm so damn in love with Lalisa Manobangs, the craziest monkey out there and also the most wonderful, Intelligent, beautiful and kindest girl ever, she is perfect for me and I want to be perfect for her, but probably we would end up arguing about dumb  things, she knows how to get on my nerves but also she knows I can't live without her, well more like I don't want to live without her by my side, just like she told me once.

Now Chu is going crazy knocking on my door, "Jen are you ready?" She just asked me, I can't stop smiling, I have been ready since the day I knew my heart belonged to her.