The Alpha's Daughter

By ReadEatSleepRepeat99

Alexandra Allister is one heck of a girl. Why, you may ask? Well, that's simple. Her lack of social experien... More

Chapter One
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter five
Chapter six

Chapter four

34 3 3
By ReadEatSleepRepeat99

Blood. So much blood! It was all absurd. I saw wolfs changing into humans, vampires drawing blood with their fangs. I saw myself in the middle of all, trying to make the right choice. I knew it didn’t make sense, but as I stood there, seeing creatures fighting with their own, I knew it was only I who could fix it.

I could hardly make out where I was; it was over thousands of thousands of creatures here! If I concentrated, I could make out a castle. Six story brick castle, if I’m not wrong. I could see another vampire approaching me. I ought to be afraid, but it felt different with this one. Like I knew him. Around him, even dragons flew around! Yet, I stood here in the middle of it all, almost invisible as I took it all in. The vampire shook my shoulder, screaming something.

“Lexi! Don’t just stand there! You have to choose now!”

More shaking. The vampire seemed almost frantic as I just stared at him.

Around us, creatures fell down dying. I knew which side I was on, because I could feel it. The pull towards the castle. The pull towards the vampire.

“Who…are…you?” I managed to whisper. The vampire sent me a small heart-warming smile. He took my hand before letting me see everything again. The castle falling down, bit by bit. Werewolves dying, dragons dying. Even small creatures, with a dangerous glow, were dying right in front of us.

“We are losing, Lexi,” he murmured. Why he new my name was beyond me, I just had to know this vampire’s name. Like my life depended on it.

He sighed, before turning to me.

“It’s me, William. I’m your soul mate,” he smirked. He seemed tired, almost drained of energy; yet, he tried to smirk.

I felt like I knew him, like he talked the truth. Even so, I was confused as to what he meant by soul mate.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, an arrow was shot from behind him. It happened in slow motion…

One moment, he was smiling at me, with a worried expression. In the next moment, an arrow was sticking out of his stomach.

“William!” I screamed. I knelt down, taking his head on my lap. He tried to whisper something, and I felt my heart shatter. “William!” I yelled at the top of my lungs again. I took his hand and brought my ear to his lips.

“Choose…now. B-before…it is…too late,” William squeaked out, barely audible. I shook my head. Tears ran down my face as I yelled at him to stay alive. His features were changing now. His once handsome brown hair began to lose its glow. His stunning brown eyes didn’t hold the same cockiness anymore. His pale skin began to pale even more. And his once soft lips had dried to the point that you could see it. Now, I knew he was dead.

I bent down, placing a tender kiss on his lips. It was short, but it was my goodbye to him. I closed his eyes, and stroke my fingers through his hair. I whispered his name over and over, feeling like I could never get the chance to call him it again…

***

“Alexandra!” a new voice yelled, shaking my shoulder again. Thinking I was still in my dream, I shot awake and screamed, “William!”

As I shook uncontrollably, I turned around, looking for the cause of my nightmare.

Around me was nothing but bars. I heard the horse’s small steps from its hooves, but that wasn’t what caught my attention.

In the cart with me, was the wolf. But not only that; Lukas and a stranger sat inside with me, both wearing worried expressions. Dylan sat in front and steered the horse. Even grumpy Dylan gave me worried sideways glances. I felt confused as I remembered the dream. It seemed too real to be one, and obviously Lukas was worried.

“Shane…” Lukas drawled out, giving the stranger a sideways glance.

They both stared at me as I tried to catch my breath. “What?” I croaked out. My eyes widened. My throat hurt, as if I had been screaming.

I looked over at Lukas for an explanation. I was still in the corner where I had fallen asleep, but it seemed like I had tossed around a lot in my sleep.

The stranger, Shane, crawled closer to me. He took my chin in his hand, and studied my eyes for a long time. I didn’t fight him off. I was really curious as to what he was looking for.

“Strange,” he muttered, and gave me space again. Shane then turned towards Lukas. They both shared a knowing look.

“What did you dream about?” Lukas asked. I shook my head, pressing my body against the bars. I touched my lips, where I had kissed him.

I felt tears run down my cheeks, but I didn’t do anything to stop them.

“I- I don’t know. It was nothing, I promise,” I muttered, looking down. I almost felt ashamed. They must have heard my screams.

“Didn’t sound like nothing to me,” Dylan sang from the front.

“Shut up,” Shane growled.

“Hey, don’t scare Alexandra even more,” another voice snapped in.

I glared at Lukas, since he had used my name. “Lexi,” I grumbled out, “call me Lexi.”

Lukas seemed confused at first, but then he nodded understandingly.

“Our Master has to know about this,” Shane mumbled. I looked over at him, frowning. Who was their Master, and what had he to do with this?

“Relax, Lexi. We will explain all later,” Lukas said.

“You screamed after William like he was dying,” Dylan chuckled.  I didn’t find it amusing, and my eyes widened. “I-I…Uh, sorry?” I said, but it came out as a weak question.

“Dylan,” Shane barked, “enough!”

“Why is it so shocking?” I asked angrily. The wolf, which had lain beside me unmoving from the start, tensed up at my words.

“Lexi,” Shane sighed, ”do you know anyone named William?” he asked.

I shook my head. I didn’t, but he seemed so known, so familiar.

“I know that look in your eyes. You’re heartbroken! And from what? A dream? No, there’s more to it than that,” Shane hissed.

I gulped. “Did I say anything else?” I whispered, afraid for what they may say.

Lukas seemed conflicted as he stared at me, holding my gaze. “You yelled something about that you’re his soul mate,” he murmured. Shane seemed almost afraid as he looked anywhere but at me.

I stood up, angry they had to make a big deal out of the stupid dream.

“Sit down, Lexi. Don’t be so childish,” Lukas groaned.

“Childish?” I yelled. “Stop making nonsense out of this! The dream doesn’t mean anything!” I spluttered out, but sat down as requested. Dylan laughed from the front, but a death-glare from Shane shut him up.

“That’s the problem, Lexi. For us, that dream may mean everything,” Shane whispered. I took in this man’s features. Conflicted blue eyes held mine, light brown hair felt over one of his eyes, and his old clothes seemed dirty. All in all, it was nothing special about this man, although something seemed off about him.

“Enough about this,” Lukas said. “Our Master needs to hear from us.”

I was glad they dropped the subject, but something told me that they knew something I didn’t.

“Lexi, just don’t think about it. Although, you may have to describe the dream to the Master,” Lukas said shrugging.

I shook my head; they really took it too far! It was just a dream, right? It didn’t mean anything, right?

Right.

I figured out I slept for about some hours, and closed my eyes needing more sleep. This was just getting stranger and stranger.

I curled into a ball again, and let the warm fur from the wolf guide me to sleep.

***

“Food! Food for the poor one’s!” I heard Lukas yelling. I held my eyes closed, thinking about how William’s face had hunted me in my sleep.

Someone started to drag my feet along the floor of the cart, and I groaned. “Leave me the frog alone,” I mumbled. I didn’t realize what I had said before I heard laughter coming from behind me. Suddenly, someone dragged my feet even more, making me fall from the cart with a loud ‘thud’.

“Mother of fudge!” I exclaimed. The sun shined bright, showing me I must have slept for a really long time. Lukas stood over me, smirking.

“I said it was food!” he mused as he clapped his hands together. I huffed out a breath, but took his hand anyway. Lukas lifted me up effortlessly, almost making me stumble.

“Clumsy, are we?” he chuckled.

“Shut up.”

I made my way to the small fireplace and took in my surroundings. We were in a small camping-ish place. Only, we were the only ones here.

As Lukas sat down, Dylan gave out some small cooked fish. It wasn’t much, and I would gladly share my food from the bag if the time comes, but we didn’t need anymore now. The wolf sat beside Lukas, eyeing me curiously.

“Luke?” I asked. Lukas smiled at my nickname for him, but nodded as telling me to continue. “Why do you travel with a wolf?” I asked carefully. I didn’t want to insult Lukas.

Lukas laughed at that, but looked down at the wolf. The wolf, obviously Maya, looked up at him too. The love I saw in Lukas eyes frightened me, because I saw it in the wolf’s eyes too. 

“You wouldn’t believe me if I told you,” Lukas smirked, holding my gaze.

“Try me,” I challenged.

Lukas opened his mouth to say something, but Shane cut in,

“Lukas, not yet.”

I groaned. What’s with the secrets?

“Fine,” he huffed. We continued to eat the roasted fish. It actually tasted good, surprisingly.

I excused myself, saying I needed to clean myself up. I took the bag and silently limped into the forest. I didn’t plan on clean myself up; I planned on make my way from here on.

Yes, they helped me a lot. Gave me food, and all that gibberish. But I’m not stupid.

Although I finally belonged a place, it wasn’t somewhere I could stay. It would only end in me getting hurt again; I couldn’t trust anyone that easily.

The sun hangs high on the sky as I tried to run through the forest. It would take them a while to notice that I was gone, and that was to my benefit.

I felt a little guilt towards Lukas. He had been nothing but understanding, but that was yet another reason to get away.

As I jogged through the forest, I couldn’t help but feel out of place. This wasn’t the same forest I had started to escape in. This one seemed almost magical? I couldn’t place it, but it was like the trees talked to me, in a scary way.

How long had I been asleep in the cart? Long enough to let Lukas and Dylan to escort me far away from my home, that’s for sure.

I didn’t want the first night incident to happen again, so I had to find shelter before the night comes.

When I was sure no one could possibly find me, I found a cave. It was in a mountain, and it was probably a home to an animal, but it was enough for now.

As I made myself comfortable, I heard noises from behind me.

I shrieked, and jumped in a manner to get out, but it ended in someone holding on to my wrist. Someone very humanly.

It was dark, but suddenly the cave was lighted up, showing a very angry Shane.

“My, my. You just have to make it hard for us, don’t you?” He sighed. I gasped and hit him over the head with the bag. I didn’t mean for him to get hurt, but only to let go of me.

Shane yelled bloody murder, and as predicted; let go of my wrist.

I ran as fast as I could out of the cave, ignoring the searing pain in my leg. I would have laughed at the situation if it hadn’t been so urgent.

As I ran deeper into the forest, all I could think about was;

What the heck have I done now?

Thanks for reading!

VOTE COMMENT FOLLOW

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52 2 11
-- Mallory was forced to watch as a vampire kills her family, only to accidentally trigger her 'Blessing' and killing the vampire. In her escape with...
524K 6.3K 33
There's no escaping love when you've found your mate. Amelia Whitlock knows that for sure. But what happens if, that so called mate of hers, was her...
44.2K 1.5K 41
WHEN THE ALPHAS OF THE RED MOON PACK GO TO WEREWOLF HIGH THEY FALL FOR A VERY SHY FIFTEEN YEAR OLD WHO HAS THREE VERY OVER PROTECTIVE BROTHERS, THEY...
382K 11.4K 21
Hard Mate Series Book 1. (This series does not have to be read in order.) ***** "Listen carefully cupcake, I'm not taking any of this mate crap, so l...