Inglorious Bastards: Legacy [...

By Y_Allen

"Knowledge is a burden we must carry." A PROPHECY WAS TOLD. a Rising darkness was coming for the Wizarding Wo... More

The Last Prophecy of Madam Solomon
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Epilogue
Thank You!
BASTARDS x PERCY JACKSON
Yer A Demigod, Carina
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter Thirteen

667 31 28
By Y_Allen

The day they were to return to Hogwarts, the Black-Nott family did not have to experience Roman's terrifying driving as their godfather had to meet up with his husband at the Ministry, so, instead, he simply dropped by the Hill to give them some snacks for their journey back to Hogwarts. Theodore and Carina were not too happy that Roman has been feeding them take-outs since they got back from Hogwarts for Christmas ("It's not like it feed it to them every day!" Roman told them). And because their godfather couldn't drive them to the station, their father managed to borrow the Mustang again and would be taking them to King's Cross.

They got in the car, Theodore at the driver's seat, Carina at the passenger seat at the front, and then the four Nott children at the back. It amused them since they looked like a regular Muggle family off to drop off the kids at the train station that would take them to their boarding school at Scotland. Well, a regular family that drives a Mustang and not those family vans.

"Six months to go and it's goodbye Hogwarts!" Romulus sighed when they finally arrived at King's Cross.

"Better make this train ride the best there is," Carina told them. "But don't worry, you can still take the train when going home."

"You guys will be there, right?" Sofia told them.

"We wouldn't miss it for the world," their mother said.

When they entered Platform 9 ¾, the Black-Nott family were greeted by the Potters, Granger-Weasleys, and as well as the Malfoys. Sofia was greeted by James with a kiss, which Theodore did not appreciate, while Viktor went to see his girlfriend, Beatrice, who was actually waiting for him by the train. Theo went to where Scorpius stood with Draco Malfoy and Albus.

"Hello, Uncle Draco, thanks for the pocket watch, it fits the whole phoenix-feather bit about me," Theo said as he showed the pocket watch that he attached at his coat.

"Glad to see that you liked it, and it suits you very well," Draco said.

The train blew its whistle and it was time to leave, they all said their goodbye to their parents, and when Theo went to say his goodbye, he embraced his mother longer than usual.

"Don't stress yourself, alright?" Carina told him. "And don't worry about O.W.L.s, you'll do fine... besides, knowing that you take more on your father, I know you'll do just fine."

Theo chuckled. "No, I'll do fine because I got it from you, Mum."

Carina smiled. "You father put you up to this, didn't he?"

"No... besides, they say that sixty-percent of the child's intelligence comes from the mother," Theo shrugged.

Carina rolled her eyes. "I love you."

"I love you too."

After saying goodbye to his father, Theo got on the train, and like as always, he didn't go in immediately as he enjoyed hanging at the side while the train moved, and just before he could get splat at the wall, Theo went inside but then hung out again as he enjoyed the cold wind that passed him.

"REGULUS! GET INSIDE! THE LAST THING WE NEED IS MAKING THE TRAIN STOP JUST BECAUSE YOU FELL OFF OF IT!" Sofia called out.

Laughing, Theo finally entered the train and closed the door. He found his friends in their own compartment and joined them. He sat down beside Albus as Scorpius made himself comfortable beside Rose.

"You look lighter than usual," Rose told him.

"Can't a guy smile for no reason, Rose?" Theo said.

"What, found another girl to fancy?" Albus teased.

Theo punched him at the shoulder. "Not even close, besides, I think I'm going to stand clear on petty infatuations and just focus on what is important right now."

"Your Legilimense?" Said Scorpius.

"O.W.L.s?" Rose guess as she raised her Astronomy textbook.

"Yes, O.W.L.s," Theo said. "And Legilimense, Mum and Dad made me promise to practice that as well... even made me participate in classes by using wandless magic."

"Now that would be interesting," Rose said, smiling. "You know, I've never seen you perform wandless magic."

"Because I don't do it with people around."

"Shy or something?" Albus snorted.

"Or something."

Albus turned to him with furrowed brows, he was weirded out as to why Theo wasn't worrying or the same pessimist he knew at the start-of-term.

"Seriously, what happened? It's like Christmas passed and you're a totally different person!" Albus said.

"Now that Albus finally mentioned the elephant in the room, I think it's about time you give us an explanation – and don't you dare saying nothing happened, I overheard Mum telling Dad that she had to visit your parents to talk to you," Rose said.

Theo sighed. Well, his parents didn't really tell him not to tell anyone – even though he knew it's already implied – it won't hurt to let his best friends know, right?

"Gather around, children, for I have a story to tell," Theo rolled his eyes as he leaned forward and spoke in a hushed voice. "Now, whatever I tell you is exactly what my parents told me – and you have to swear to never tell anyone. Understand?"

"We swear," they replied.

So, Theo told them. It was a rather quick summary of what his parents told him – the Obscurial being a girl, and the said girl being at Sinora, and the creepy bit where she's been stealing his letters to his mother, and then the plan to have his mother cure the girl by giving it love – and just by hearing everything, his best friends were loss for words and just thought for a moment on what to say.

"Hold on, so all this time, the Obscurial is in Sinora?" Scorpius said.

"Yes," answered Theo.

"Have they found out what made the Obscurial?" Rose asked. "Or what their motive is?"

"They didn't tell me – the only thing they told me was the bit that concerns me."

"I don't understand, why would this girl who you haven't met suddenly started stealing your letters to Aunt Carina?" Rose muttered.

"Hey, Theo, I guess you have a secret admirer, huh?" Albus snorted.

Theo, Rose, and Scorpius did not look even a bit amused.

"Come on, it was just a – why else would she steal Theo's letters?" Albus said.

"Tell us, Albus, what do you think a girl who does not know love want? Motherly love or romantic love?" Theo stated.

"It was just a joke," Albus rolled his eyes.

"Hang on," Rose spoke. "Isn't Sinora a specialty school for Astronomy?"

"Yeah, it's actually written right here, Rose," Scorpius pointed to the page where Rose was reading.

"If it is, then the students should be either around our age or older."

"What do you mean?" Albus asked.

"We read at the book that Obscurials die before they turn ten, and the fact that the girl managed to sneak into Sinora means she's not a child at all... but rather someone older."

"Like Sofia, Rom, and Viktor old?" Scorpius asked.

"Could be... or much older," Rose told him.

"But, that's impossible, right? You said that they only live up to ten, so how could that happen?" Albus asked.

Theo suddenly jumped up from his seat and then went to grab his bag from the shelf. He dropped it on the ground and reached into it – his whole arm inside the bag as it had an Undetectable Extension Charm – and then pulled out a book – the same book his father and him read about Obscurials – and then turned to a page he's managed to find.

"It's a rare occurrence for Obscurials to pass the age of ten, but for those who do show an extraordinary amount of power," Theo said after reading the part. "If what you're saying is true, that this kid isn't actually a kid at all, then... how could they – how could they make sure that Mum's going to be alright."

Seeing that he was worried, Scorpius took the book from him and threw it back inside the bag to hide. The last thing they need was for their friends to stress out again.

"Theo," Rose called his attention. "Aunt Carina will be safe – you said it yourself, she's not alone, she's got Aurors looking out for her – Uncle Theodore his there to protect her – and also Uncle Harry. She'll be fine."

"Yeah, besides, if anyone could control the Obscurial, it's Aunt Carina," Scorpius said.

"You're right," Theo muttered. "Mum's fine... she'll be fine."

They gave him a reassuring smile. Just in time, the Trolly Lady came and Scorpius bought them all sweets for the journey, and all the way back to Hogwarts, they all ate their sweets while also started to study for O.W.L.s, one of the many things that they have to worry about.

Upon returning to Hogwarts, Theo managed to find the peace of mind he's been looking for since the beginning of the term, he enjoyed his classes, his time at Hogsmeade, and found himself studying with Rose, Albus, and Scorpius by the Black Lake where they were at the constant company of Larry the giant squid. His private lessons with Professor Ennis continued and as always, he would report his progress to his parents who would write back to him. Though Theo was told that his mother would be safe, he knew the danger she was putting herself into by facing the Obscurial alone every day, but he tried to remember that she was safe, especially with his father with her.

Just as he promised his parents, Theo started practicing wandless magic even in classes and that caught the attention of his peers. Many were whispering and muttering how much of a showoff he was for even attempting it but his friends would just have him remember to ignore those comments and remember that he was doing it for his benefit. But of course, being the son of two Bastards, it was not avoidable that he would have a bit of retaliation towards those who were not so discreet in their whispers. The beauty of wandless magic was that they wouldn't see it coming, and Theo managed to jinx the likes of Polly Chapman with a simple snap of a winger. Literally.

Though, one of the down sides of performing wandless magic was that it also caught the attention of his professors, especially Slughorn who did not shy away from commending him in class and even telling him how much he was like his father, and once again tried to extend an invitation to them to one of his parties. Maybe they should consider it just this once to stop the old man from giving him invitation. But, with the beauty of wandless magic, he actually managed to control his Legilimense, from the constant struggle in trying to sort the memories and voices evading his mind, he could now easily pick which mind to read even when his Occlumency is fully taken down. But he would still get a few slips here and there, but it wasn't as bad as the first few ones.

Days turned to weeks, and weeks turned to months, and suddenly, their schedule for career advice finally came. And Theo as still not sure on what he wanted to do and was looking through the pamphlets that his friends were looking at. Sitting at by the Black Lake with his pants pulled up to his knees, socks and shoes removed, he had his feet dipped in the water while playing his guitar, and beside him were his friends who also had their feet in the water, looking through the pamphlets.

"How about Healing?" Rose asked, showing him the pamphlet. "It only needs Potions, Herbology, Charms, Transfiguration, Arithmancy, and Alchemy for its N.E.W.T.s."

"Remember Aunt Maisie?" Theo began.

"How can we forget? It's always a laugh when she's around," Albus snorted.

"Well, that Christmas party, she said that the last time she slept was a week ago... and I would not even think about sacrificing my sleep," Theo answered as he played a song by Rose's request.

"How about Auror?" Scorpius showed him the pamphlet.

"Did you forget, Scorp? The day any of them would even work at the Ministry, is the day the world ends," Albus said. "I still stand on the whole unemployed plan, Theo."

"What about you, Al? What are your plans?" Theo asked, chuckling as he did.

"Well, there's Herbologist and then there's... well, I think I'd like to check my chances with Curse Breaker, I think I'm doing well in Charms and other things," Albus shrugged.

"You do know that would mean, you digging down caves, tombs, forests, deserts to look for treasure, right?" Theo said. "You know, on second thought, maybe I should add that on my list."

"Hold on, but to be a Curse Breaker, you would need an O.W.L.s in Arithmancy, but you didn't take that, Al," Rose told him.

Albus groaned and then laid down on the green grass, and just as he did, Theo saw a group of girls giggling while they were looking at their way. He smirked as he knew who they were giggling at, and knowing that Rose was finally realizing her little crush towards Scorpius, he decided to help her out in admitting that she does like him.

"Hey, Scorp, looks like you got your fan club waving at you," Theo said as he returned to playing his instrument.

"Uh, they're not waving at him, Theo," Scorpius told him.

"I never would have guessed that Rose would have her own fan-club, ha!"

"Theo, clearly, obliviousness runs in the family, but they're not giggling or waving at either of us, they're giggling and waving at you," Rose said.

"What?!" Theo turned to his friends and then the group of girls. They were Ravenclaws, and he's seen those girls somewhere... and just on cue, he saw Nadia Scott sitting with those giggling and waving girls, with her eyes on her books and on Townes.

"Why would then be waving at me?" Theo asked.

"You know, I heard a couple of girl saying that knowing how to play one musical instrument is an attractive trait," Rose said, smiling as she did.

"That's rubbish!" Theo scoffed.

"Really? Tell that to the girls approaching us right now," Albus said with no trace on interest in his voice as he was enjoying his little nap with a book covering his face.

And just as Albus said, a group of girls were approaching them. They were a mix of Houses and came from either their year or younger, from all of them, the only one he knew was the Slytherin fourth year named Imogen Roth.

"You're Theodore, right?" One of the girls asked.

"Theo," he corrected them since he wasn't used to being called Theodore since that was his father's name.

"We saw you playing and we just wanted to say how cool it is that you know how to play an instrument," another said.

"A requirement in the family," Theo muttered as he avoided their gaze, but as he did, he noticed that he was hearing something. A familiar song being playing, looking around, he tried to find the Muggle device – that was not allowed in school – being used to play it and noticed that Roth was neither listening to the conversation or was in the conversation at all. He looked at her for a while and noticed a wire blending with her hair and was hidden in her robes. He chuckled when he realized that she had a pair of earphones hidden under her hair and was listening to music.

Roth was tapped at the shoulder by her friends as they noticed Theo looking at her.

"What is it?" Roth asked.

"Nothing," Theo said, amused that she still managed to hide her earphones with her chin-length hair. And he was sure he could hear a familiar song being played.

"Well, we better get going, clearly you guys are busy... reading pamphlets," Roth said.

"Career Advice is coming up," Theo answered.

"We'll leave you too it," Roth said as she grabbed her friends by their hoods and started dragging them away. "See you at the common room, Nott! Potter, get up or else you'd find someone stepping on you!"

"You do know that we're older than you, right?" Albus told her.

"See ya later, Roth!" Scorpius called out.

"Bye, Malfoy!"

After Roth and her friends left, Theo turned to his friends and saw them grinning at him.

"What?" Theo asked.

"Finally moved on from Scott, Theo?" Albus teased.

"What?" His brows furrowed.

"We saw how you looked at Roth, it's nothing like you ever looked on a girl," Scorpius said as he fluttered his lashes.

"Shut up – for your information, the only reason why I was looking at her is because I saw her wearing earphones," Theo told them and returned to playing with his guitar.

"Ear-what?" Scorp asked.

"Earphones, it's what Muggles use to put in their ears and connect to a music player to play music," Theo answered.

"That's cool, we really should have one of those."

"I do," Theo shrugged.

"So, do I," Albus said while laying back down on the grass.

"I don't," Rose said. "You do know that magic and Muggle technology don't mix well, right?"

"Only if you believe that it doesn't, Uncle Rome is doing fine – and he has a laptop!" Theo said. "He even let us browse the web."

"How would you browse the web? Do your uncle's spiders' talk or anything?" Scorpius asked.

Theo, Albus, and Rose turned to him with wide eyes and then reached out to pat him on his shoulder.

"What?" Scorpius asked.

"This summer, we are going to London, and you will learn these things, child," Albus said.

~*~

When Theo's schedule for Career Advice neared, he found himself hitting his forehead on the table more than usual. He still did not know what he wanted to do. He asked his siblings for help but all they said was the same thing his parents told him, "What makes you happy?" Well, he liked reading, should he be a librarian? Maybe he could finally replace Madam Pince since the old woman looked like she needed to retire but couldn't find a replacement. He thought about tossing a coin for it, but Rose stopped him before he could even toss the coin.

"You know, why don't you look for your purpose instead? What do you think your purpose in life is, Theo?" Rose asked him.

"Does studying count, because that's the only thing I'm good at – aside from caring for magical beasts," Theo said, his voice was muffled since his face was buried in his textbook's page.

"You're good in Astronomy, why not that?" Scorpius said.

"There's a difference between good and actually liking it – I enjoy watching the stars, but I don't really want to study black holes for the rest of my life... no offence, Mum."

"Dragonology?"

"Can't really say it's a job since it's like second nature to me now."

"More reason to consider it," Rose said as she took Theo's planner and added Dragonology to his Possible Careers List. "As of now you got Curse Breaker and Dragonologist, anything more you like to add?"

"Unemployed?" Albus suggested.

"Again, I will not be unemployed," Theo said.

"But with your attitude you will be," Rose told him.

"Hey, Scorp, when Slughorn asked you what you want to do, what'd you say?" Theo asked.

"Oh, I just said that I wanted to play Quidditch, but I also liked studying magical artifacts as well – like Dad," Scorpius replied.

"But Mr. Malfoy is unemployed," Albus said.

"Exactly."

"Oh, so that's also your option," Rose mused.

"Hey, I'm not ashamed to be a home-maker, you know, I enjoy staying at the house and help Grandmother with the gardening," Scorpius shrugged. "It eases the mind."

"Rose, still want to be the Minister of Magic?" Theo lifted his head but then just rested his chin on the book.

"Yes, and I intend to be."

"You'll get lots of enemies."

"As expected from the most powerful witch in the country," Rose smirked.

"Just because you're Minister doesn't mean you're the most powerful witch there is, you know."

"I intend to be, Theo."

"And there's no doubt about that," Scorpius said.

Rose smiled.

"Nott!"

Theo jumped, he turned and saw Imogen Roth standing behind him with a bored look on her face. He saw that she wasn't listening to music but the wires of her earphones were still seen on her robes.

"Roth?" Theo turned to her smiling.

"Slughorn wants to see you, time for Career Advice," she replied.

"Thanks," Theo said, he then got up from his seat, collected his things, said goodbye to his friends, and then followed Roth to the dungeons where Slughon's office would be. "Not listening to music today?"

"What?" Roth asked.

Theo chuckled and then tapped on his ears.

Roth's eyes widened, she reached for her earphones and hid it under her robe.

"Don't worry, I'm no snitch," Theo told her.

"Thanks," she muttered.

"Just out of curiosity, what kind of music to do listen to?"

"Queen," she answered quite timidly.

"I know that," Theo chuckled.

"You do?"

"Yeah – why so surprised, Roth?"

"It's just that, don't your family live in a magical community? From what I know those families don't really know much about Muggle anything."

"We do, but my Mum grew up in a Muggle neighborhood and managed to attend a Muggle-school before Hogwarts, so she knows about Muggle culture and is actually updated with it. Also, my godfather's apartment is in London, he's much more up to date with Muggle technology and likes to teach us that as well – he even got me the newest music player there is."

Roth smiled. "That's really cool..."

"What about you, how do you know anything about Muggles?"

"Dad's a Muggle, and my Mum's a witch – we live in a Muggle neighborhood as well – and he works with computers, so, there's that – you do know what a computer is, right?"

Theo laughed. "Yes, I know what a computer is. I even surfed the web."

Roth laughed. "You are full of surprises, Nott."

"You as well, Roth."

They finally arrived at the door of Slughorn's office.

"Nice chat," Theo said.

"I could say the same, see you around, Nott," Roth said.

"Imogen," Theo spoke. "Shakespeare, right?"

Roth turned to him with an impressed look. "Huh, so you're not just a smart-arse in the magical world, but also the Muggle world."

Theo grinned. "Well, my parents are both teachers, so..."

"Bye, Nott," Roth waved at him and left.

Theo watched as Roth disappeared up the stairs before he finally turned to Slughorn's door and knocked. When he heard his Head of House call out, "Come on!" he sighed since this was going to be a long talk about his future non-existent career.

~*~

Delphini was enjoying her time with Carina. Since the resume of classes, she would find her teacher in a better mood than before. Carina would smile more than before – and even during their lessons! They would read more books – now to thicker books with more complicated words and stories, and they would take turns in reading. There were times when her teacher would pull out a map and teach her geography to show where they were, or how to use the stars to navigate.

She couldn't ask for anything more. She was happy with her teacher, and whenever she was with Carina, she felt something that she has never felt for a very long time. And she didn't want that to disappear. But who knew how fragile it was that it only took one photo for her to feel the pain of heartbreak?

It was after their session when Delphini saw the photo. While putting away the books they read, she saw a photo on the bookshelf. It was of her teacher and a boy. Her teacher's son. She watched the boy wrapped his arms around her teacher making her laugh and smile. She wondered if she could get the same reaction.

But then she remembered her guardian's words... to test her teacher's love.

~*~

Carina was startled when she felt someone wrap their arms around her. She jumped a little and then turned to see that Delphini had her in an embrace. She didn't know what to react. She was torn between the shock she felt and the warmth of the girl. For a moment, as she looked at her student, she saw the calm in her face and forgot the danger she pose to herself and to the people around them and was just about to return the gesture.

"You're not laughing," Delphini said.

"What?" Carina asked.

Delphini released her and took a few steps back, she then showed the photo of her and Theo laughing in an embrace. Her heart dropped as fear crept up.

"You're not smiling."

"Delphi, I'm not sure I understand..." Carina said.

"Why do you always smile like this when with him?"

Carina carefully chose her words. "Because he's my son... he makes me happy."

"Do I make you happy?"

Carina smiled a small smile. She mustn't lie to a child, especially someone as fragile as this. "I enjoy our sessions together, I'm happy that you're learning so much."

Delphini smiled.

"Do you love him?" She asked.

"Yes, I do."

"Do you love me?"

Carina hesitated. Did she love her? Love was such a powerful word. She was still torn with the idea of loving her since most of the time they spent together she was afraid of her. She mustn't lie, that was what Harry and the others said to her. If she can't tell the truth, just give her the general idea.

"I care for you, Delphi."

Delphi frowned. "But that's not love..."

Carina was panicking. "No – Delphi, you must understand –"

"Why don't you love me?" Tears fell from Delphi's eyes.

And out of a whim, Carina did what she could only do – even though she knew the risk. She wrapped her arms around Delphini and brushed her hair with her trembling hands.

"Delphi, I care for you... I really do... I'm happy that you're enjoying our classes – that you can finally read bigger books – that you know how to navigate stars now – and I am so happy for the poem you gave me..."

Delphini slowly wrapped her arms around Carina tightly.

I love you, Professor Black, was what she wanted to say, but she knew that her teacher can't say it because her teacher's love is being given to the boy in the photo. And the only way to get that love was to remove him... that's what her guardian said. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 293 47
When a strange man in a brown coat shows up unannounced at Mr. and Mrs. White's house, their life takes an unexpected turn. Never had they imagined t...
18.8K 509 39
An alternative version of the Cursed Child (the book that shall not be named). While his brother inherited mischief and popularity, Albus gets his fa...
88.5K 3.1K 29
"Let's all get a butterbeer." The war was over with Harry Potter defeating the Dark Lord, but that doesn't mean all was finished. Escaped Death Eater...
3.1K 179 12
Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore is perceived as many things, but 'Light' is not one of them. Oh no, this true 'Evil' Lord has weaved his web...