The Pirate Princess' Treasure...

By alexrelatado

Kenji Cruz, a Filipino-Japanese wrestler who was a member of CHAOS and the protege of Kazuchika Okada has fin... More

OC Information
Chapter 1: NJPW to NXT
Chapter 2: Samurai Meets Pirate
Chapter 3: An Old Tomadachi
Chapter 4: Treasure Date
Chapter 5: WarGames and Thunder
Chapter 6: わたしは、あなたを愛しています
Chapter 7: A Treasure of Love and Desire
Chapter 8: WarGames and a Sexy Kairi
Chapter 9: Healing the WarGames Bruises
Chapter 10: Mixed Tag Team Match
Chapter 11: Christmas Present
Chapter 12: 10 Minutes of Fame
Chapter 13: Samurai Meets Vulture
Chapter 14: Relaxation Workout With Teasing
Chapter 15: Portland
Chapter 16: Champions' Day
Chapter 17: Kawaii Teasing and Analyzing
Chapter 18: Samurai and Pirate vs. Pharaoh and Goddess
Chapter 19: Birthday Celebration
Chapter 20: Double Date With The Pharaoh and Goddess
Chapter 21: The Sky Samurai Pirates
Chapter 22: Love Is More Valuable Than Gold
Chapter 23: Countdown to Survivor Series
Chapter 24: Samurai Meets Pharaoh
Chapter 25: Retaliation
Chapter 26: Survivor Series Supremacy
Chapter 27: New Challengers Approaching
Chapter 28: Treasure of Love
Chapter 29: Countdown to Takeover
Chapter 30: Countdown to Brooklyn
Chapter 32: A New Feud Begins
Chapter 33: Champion Alone Time
Chapter 34: Shin
Chapter 35: Shin Makes Thirsty Princess
Chapter 36: Chaos Erupts at the Main Event
Chapter 37: Message Sent
Chapter 38: Hunt for the Perfect Ring
Chapter 39: Getting Personal
Chapter 40: Godzilla vs. Karrion + Marriage Proposal

Chapter 31: Doomsday Comes to Brooklyn

177 7 36
By alexrelatado

NXT Takeover: Brooklyn was going live as the energetic crowd were looking forward for another great show handled by Triple H.

The short card was enough to satisfy the audience:

Timothy Thatcher vs. Cameron Grimes - Singles match (Thatcher's debut match)

#DIY (Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa) (c) vs. Undisputed Era (Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly) - Tag team match for the NXT Tag Team Championship

Kushida (c) vs. Roderick Strong vs. Pete Dunne - Triple threat match for the NXT North American Championship

Kairi Sane (c) vs. Tegan Nox - Singles match for the NXT Women's Championship

Kenji Cruz (c) vs. Adam Cole vs. Finn Balor vs. Matt Riddle vs. Keith Lee vs. ??? - Ladder match for the NXT Championship

The live audience were all pumped up for the matches, mostly on Timothy Thatcher's debut match, Kairi and Tegan's match and the NXT Championship ladder match.

The show started with the debut of Ringkampf alumni Timothy Thatcher. Fans had big hope since Thatcher is now in WWE, they can hopefully see the reunion of the dominant stable that dominated wXw and Progress Wrestling since WALTER and Marcel Barthel are also in WWE. The bell rang and Thatcher plans to show the NXT Universe what he is all about as he goes up against Cameron Grimes. 

While the match was going, Kenji was preparing for his ladder match, he didn't get hints or word from Triple H or William Regal about who the sixth man was, all he was told is that it'll be kept a surprise. Then Kairi came in and jumped on his back and then kisses his neck, making him moan.

Kenji: mmhh, Kairi-san

Kairi whispered in his ear.

Kairi: aishiteru

Kenji: I love you too, is there anything you need?

Kairi: no, I just want to wish and kiss you good luck

Kairi kissed his cheek and the gets off.

Kenji: I want to wish you good luck too

He put his hands on Kairi's cheeks and leaned in to give her a passionate, loving good luck kiss. The Pirate Princess instantly kissed her boyfriend back.

Kenji: we'll walk in as champions and we will leave as champions

Kairi: hai, that will be our mission

The two watched the ending to the opening match which saw Thatcher locking in the Fujiwara armbar on Grimes, forcing him to tap out, making Thatcher earning his first win in his debut match.

Kenji: what a debut, and a worthy contender in the future

Kairi nodded in agreement.

(A/N: I will fast forward the next two matches)

(Gargano and Ciampa vs. Fish and O'Reilly)

The NXT Tag title match between two of the best tag teams of the black and gold brand as #DIY and Undisputed Era go to war. Gargano and Fish started off the match.

There were a lot of near falls and kickouts between the two teams, especially after Kyle managed to kick out of the Meeting in the Middle and Gargano getting his shoulder up after escaping the last second from the High Low.

In the end, after Gargano took down Fish with the slingshot DDT in which he calls it the One Final Beat, Ciampa took down O'Reilly with the Fairytale Ending, and got the pinfall victory as #DIY retained in the process.

(Kushida vs. Strong vs. Dunne)

The next match was the triple threat match for the NXT North American Championship. Strong and Dunne were both worthy challengers for the Time Splitter. The Bruiserwieght had the advantage of joint manipulation as he bent Kushida's fingers and then snapped them. While Dunne locked in a painful submission by pulling on the champion's fingers, Strong broke the hold and caught Dunne in one of his backbreakers.

There were a lot of painful spots such as Dunne stepping on Strong's fingers using the steel steps and Strong using the ring apron to land a painful back suplex on Kushida.

Dunne was taken out of the equation thanks to the presence of O'Reilly and Fish, but Kushida took them out with a suicide flip. In the end, Kushida locked in the Hoverboard Lock in the middle of the ring, forcing Strong to tap out, making Kushida retain in the process.

Now it was time for the NXT Women's Championship match as the Pirate Princess defends her treasure against her good friend, the Girl with the Shiniest Wizard. There was a lot of respect between the two as they smiled and nodded at each other.

After the introductions of the competitors were made and the title was raised, the bell rang and one of the high caliber matches has started.

(Kairi vs. Tegan)

After Kairi and Tegan shared a sportsmanship handshake, the two women locked up while the crowd cheered on their favorite to win.

There was a sequence as the two women avoided each other's offense moves like Tegan avoiding an attempted axe kick from Kairi and the Pirate Princess escaping a chokeslam attempt from the challenger.

The crowd clapped as the two smiled and nodded in each other in respect.

(Minutes later)

Kairi kicked out after Tegan took her down with a chokeslam. Lady Kane is measuring for the Shiniest Wizard, but as Tegan launched, Kairi fired back with a spear on her. Kairi went for the pin, but Tegan managed to kick out.

Then after Tegan nailed another chokeslam, she managed to hit Kairi with the Shiniest Wizard. As Tegan went for the pin, Kairi kicked out at the last second, much to the shock of Tegan and the live Brooklyn crowd.

Kairi got back up and took down Tegan with a dropkick, but Tegan immediately got back up, but she was speared by Kairi. Then the champion climbed to the top turnbuckle and hits the Insane Elbow.

As Kairi went for the pin, Tegan kicked out at the last second, much to the shock of Kairi.

The crowd cheered loud as both Kairi and Tegan were struggling to get to their feet as they were both tired.

(Finish)

After Kairi ducked another Shiniest Wizard attempt from Tegan, the Pirate Princess took her down with another spear, and then finished her off with the Insane Elbow for the pinfall win.

The crowd gave both women a standing ovation as Kairi helped Tegan to her feet. The two friends hugged each other and then raised each other's arms. Then they walked up the ramp while the crowd clapped.

(Main event)

It was now time for the main event as the NXT Championship is hanging above the ring, and the only way to win is to climb the ladder and retrieve the title.

Kairi gave Kenji a good luck kiss at the gorilla just as the entrances were made. Matt Riddle made his entrance first.

Then Keith Lee; followed by Adam Cole, Finn Balor and the current champion Kenji Cruz.

The five men were all staring each other down, but at the same time, they are all anxious of the mystery sixth man. After a minute of silence, the arena went dark, and an ominous theme played.

The crowd was silent for a while until they saw a woman dressed in black. Fans got a close look at her, and recognize her as former Impact Wrestling Knockout Scarlett Bordeaux.

Then they saw a figure following her, as the song continued to play, the screen flashed a logo behind Scarlett.

The mystery sixth participant was another NXT Superstar to make his debut, the Devil known as Karrion Kross, who fans may have recognized him under his previous ring name Killer Kross in Impact.

Kross walked down the ring while he gritted his teeth as he stared down the other participants. Then he got in the ring and locked eyes with the champion.

(Kenji vs. Lee vs. Riddle vs. Cole vs. Balor vs. Kross)

The bell rang and Riddle went after Kross, but the Devil caught the Original Bro and immediately hits him with the Doomsday Saito, much to the shock of Kenji as the Samurai has never met someone that intense like Kross in his career.

Before Kross and Kenji can lock horns, the two were ambushed by Lee and Cole. Meanwhile, Balor slid a ladder in the ring and attempts to set it up and climb. Before, Finn could make his past his future, the Prinxe was pulled down by Riddle and then was flattened by a German suplex.

At ringside, the Limitless Keith Lee pounced on both Cole and Kenji before crossing paths with Karrion. Lee and Kross traded punches, but none of the hits registered as the two are immune to pain. Then both Kross and Lee were taken down as Balor flattened them with a suicide flip.

As Balor went back inside, he was met with a superkick from Cole. Then the UE leader nailed Riddle, Kenji and Lee with superkicks as well.

(Minutes later)

While Cole, Lee, Riddle, Balor and Kross were trading punches on the outside, Kenji saw the ongoing brawl while he looked over at the tall ladder. The Samurai had an idea as he climbed up to the top of the ladder. Then he jumped and spun in midair to flattened his opposition with the Rodan Roll, the same move he did back at WarGames.

(Minutes later)

Kenji, Balor, Cole, Kross and Riddle were trading punches while on two ladders while each of them try to reach for the NXT title, however their attempts were thwarted as Keith came in and pushed away the ladders like Samson from the Bible.

(Fast forward towards the finish)

Cole and Riddle were neutralized after being put through tables by Kross and Lee. Then the Limitless One was flattened after Kross got him with a Doomsday Saito on a pile of chairs.

Then Balor launched Kross over the timekeeper's area with a shotgun dropkick. He then went back in the ring and saw a ladder set up under the title.

The Prinxe slowly ascended to the top and hopes to become NXT Champion again, making his future his past. However, Kenji came back and pulled him down to nailed Balor with Gojira.

Kenji scouted the area, and saw everyone was down and out. He climbed up the ladder slowly and then unbuckled the title, winning the match as he retained.

Kenji sat on top of the ladder and raised his NXT title while he scouted the carnage all around ringside.

He raised his title once again while the crowd cheered as the show came to an end.

NXT Takeover: Brooklyn results

Timothy Thatcher defeated Cameron Grimes - Singles match (Thatcher's debut match)

#DIY (Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa) (c) defeated Undisputed Era (Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly) - Tag team match for the NXT Tag Team Championship

Kushida (c) defeated Roderick Strong and Pete Dunne - Triple threat match for the NXT North American Championship

Kairi Sane (c) defeated Tegan Nox - Singles match for the NXT Women's Championship

Kenji Cruz (c) defeated Adam Cole, Finn Balor, Matt Riddle, Keith Lee and Karrion Kross - Ladder match for the NXT Championship

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 124 27
Shaun Coleman's little sister, Sydney is about to make her nxt debut after being in the indies for a little while after being scouted by William Rega...
21.6K 356 63
Peter Reynolds may have signed an NXT contract, but a Pirate Princess in particular caught his eye. Will they develop feelings for each other, or wil...
1.2K 35 10
Anthony "Tony" Caruso is a native Philadelphian with a background in wrestling, taking up the name "Carlo Mancini". Spending a few years in Japan him...
3.4K 61 19
(M/n) (L/n) aka Rough is a professional wrestler working on the indies alongside his two friends, Axel Bishop and Gary Brooks. Now, they have receive...