Chapter 29: Countdown to Takeover

(Time skip)

The next NXT Takeover is under three weeks and Triple H has confirmed the venue to be at Brooklyn. The match card for the show is already piling up with one of the matches featuring the debut of NXT's newest signee, the longest reigning Evolve Champion, Timothy Thatcher.

The North American title, Tag Team title and Women's title matches were all certified and ready as the card is presented:

Timothy Thatcher vs. Cameron Grimes - Singles match (Thatcher's debut match)

#DIY (Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa) vs. Undisputed Era (Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly) - Tag team match for the NXT Tag Team Championship

Kushida (c) vs. Roderick Strong vs. Pete Dunne - Triple threat match for the NXT North American Championship

Kairi Sane (c) vs. Tegan Nox - Singles match for the NXT Women's Championship

Kenji Cruz (c) vs. Adam Cole vs. Finn Balor vs. Matt Riddle vs. Keith Lee vs. ??? - Ladder match for the NXT Championship

With the show almost coming, the thing that perplexes Kenji the most is the mysterious sixth participant in the ladder match for the NXT title. Kenji was given the night off, but he was allowed to stay and analyze his opponents while he tries to guess who is the sixth man. The NXT Champion was invited to sit at the commentary table for a front row seat.

Another segment is the contract signing for the NXT Women's Championship with Kairi and Tegan.

In the locker room, Kenji and Kairi were making out while the Pirate Princess rubs her body on him. Then the couple pulled back.

Kenji: are you ready for your contract signing, Captain?

Kairi: hai, I am ready, and I will defend my championship against one of my close friends

Kenji: you and Tegan will put on an instant classic

Kairi smiled and gave Kenji a kiss on his cheeks and lips.

Kairi: and you will have a great ladder match

The show started with a video package showing the UE's Fish and O'Reilly proclaiming themselves as the best tag team in NXT today, and they will resurrect the UE's golden prophecy by reclaiming the NXT Tag Team titles at Takeover.

The first match for the night was a women's tag team match as Io and Dakota teamed up against Jessamyn Duke and Marina Shafir.

As the tag team match was ongoing, Kairi had a mischievous idea as she locked Kenji's locker room door.

Kenji: what are you planning, captain?

Kairi giggled mischievously as she sat on his lap and wrapped her arms around his neck. Then she leaned in and kissed his lips. 

The Samurai kissed her back while he caressed her thighs, making her moan in pleasure. Then Kairi went down to kiss his neck, making Kenji moan.

Then Kairi pulled back and playfully pinned his arms down.

Kairi: where is your treasure?

Kenji: t-treasure?

Kairi: your gold treasure?

Kenji: o-over there

He turned his head to the direction of his gym bag with his NXT title.

Kairi: thank you

The Pirate Princess giggled as she went over and playfully looted his bag to capture his treasure, the NXT Championship.

Kairi: ooh, this is a nice piece of treasure for my collection