Chapter 31: Doomsday Comes to Brooklyn

NXT Takeover: Brooklyn was going live as the energetic crowd were looking forward for another great show handled by Triple H.

The short card was enough to satisfy the audience:

Timothy Thatcher vs. Cameron Grimes - Singles match (Thatcher's debut match)

#DIY (Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa) (c) vs. Undisputed Era (Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly) - Tag team match for the NXT Tag Team Championship

Kushida (c) vs. Roderick Strong vs. Pete Dunne - Triple threat match for the NXT North American Championship

Kairi Sane (c) vs. Tegan Nox - Singles match for the NXT Women's Championship

Kenji Cruz (c) vs. Adam Cole vs. Finn Balor vs. Matt Riddle vs. Keith Lee vs. ??? - Ladder match for the NXT Championship

The live audience were all pumped up for the matches, mostly on Timothy Thatcher's debut match, Kairi and Tegan's match and the NXT Championship ladder match.

The show started with the debut of Ringkampf alumni Timothy Thatcher. Fans had big hope since Thatcher is now in WWE, they can hopefully see the reunion of the dominant stable that dominated wXw and Progress Wrestling since WALTER and Marcel Barthel are also in WWE. The bell rang and Thatcher plans to show the NXT Universe what he is all about as he goes up against Cameron Grimes. 

While the match was going, Kenji was preparing for his ladder match, he didn't get hints or word from Triple H or William Regal about who the sixth man was, all he was told is that it'll be kept a surprise. Then Kairi came in and jumped on his back and then kisses his neck, making him moan.

Kenji: mmhh, Kairi-san

Kairi whispered in his ear.

Kairi: aishiteru

Kenji: I love you too, is there anything you need?

Kairi: no, I just want to wish and kiss you good luck

Kairi kissed his cheek and the gets off.

Kenji: I want to wish you good luck too

He put his hands on Kairi's cheeks and leaned in to give her a passionate, loving good luck kiss. The Pirate Princess instantly kissed her boyfriend back.

Kenji: we'll walk in as champions and we will leave as champions

Kairi: hai, that will be our mission

The two watched the ending to the opening match which saw Thatcher locking in the Fujiwara armbar on Grimes, forcing him to tap out, making Thatcher earning his first win in his debut match.

Kenji: what a debut, and a worthy contender in the future

Kairi nodded in agreement.

(A/N: I will fast forward the next two matches)

(Gargano and Ciampa vs. Fish and O'Reilly)

The NXT Tag title match between two of the best tag teams of the black and gold brand as #DIY and Undisputed Era go to war. Gargano and Fish started off the match.

There were a lot of near falls and kickouts between the two teams, especially after Kyle managed to kick out of the Meeting in the Middle and Gargano getting his shoulder up after escaping the last second from the High Low.

In the end, after Gargano took down Fish with the slingshot DDT in which he calls it the One Final Beat, Ciampa took down O'Reilly with the Fairytale Ending, and got the pinfall victory as #DIY retained in the process.