Clueless [h.s]

By peanutgrande

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken places." - Ernest Hemmingway. More

Clueless
[1] Cigarettes and an Elevator
[2] Stuck
[3] Dare
[4] Now
[5] A Coffee Shop and a Date
[6] Deal
[7] Relax
[8] Tension
[9] Trouble
[10] Touch
[11] Denial
[12] This Is Wrong
[13] Care
[14] Comfort
[15] Emotion
[16] Happiness
[17] Control
[18] Worry
[19] No Control
[20] Iceskating
[21] Christmas Eve
[22] Hoping and Care
[23] Lights
[24] Christmas Kisses
[25] Beauty
[26] New Years Eve
[27] Fear
[28] Tantalize
[29] Shock
[30] Passion
[31] Betrayal
[32] Trust
[33] Agony
[34] Numb
[35] Home
[36] You
[37] Love
[39] Promise
[40] Gentle
[41] Disconnected
[42] Views
[43] Fair
[44] Fix You
[45] Delicate
[46] Electric
not an update - important
[47] Adore
[48] Battles
[49] Distance
[50] Need
[51] Warmth
[52] Broken
[53] Dark
[54] Empty
[55] Memories
[56] Expunge
[57] Cold
[58] Loud
[59] Hope
[60] Remember
[61] Veins
[62] Try
[63] Longing
[64] Me
Clueless - Epilogue
authors note
important opinions

[38] Strong

738 36 11
By peanutgrande

listen to turning page by sleeping at last while reading this chapter u won't regret it

-

Harry's POV.

"Good morning, baby." I spoke, my voice raspy and laced with sleep. My eyes fluttered open and the only thing I saw was Ariana and the widest of a smile spread across her sleepy features.

I felt my heart warm as she gently cradled my face with her small hand and ran her thumb over the skin of my cheek as we laid together in silence. My eyes flickered to her lips as she stared at mine, her thumb slowly running over my lower lip. I couldn't stop the happiness from bursting inside me as all the love and warmth filled my heart.

I finally awoke beside the woman I truly love. I could finally call her mine. And it felt damn good to know that last night was the very first night we both had made love to each other with pure emotion and trust.

"Good morning, babe." Ariana smiled, a light blush rushing to her cheeks as she smiled so widely a deep dimple carved into her cheek.

"Last night was..." I bit onto my lip as I let the memories replay in my mind. The way our lips would move to gently, the way my hips would roll so carefully and fluidly over hers, the way her small hands managed to stay cradled around my face, the way our 'I love you's' were so full of emotion and full of trust, it was all just perfect and completely unforgettable. One of the best nights of my entire life.

"Amazing." She finished off for me as she bit back a smile. I nodded lightheartedly and pressed a delicate kiss to her forehead before pulling the blankets off me and standing to my feet and holding my hand out to her, waiting for her to accept it. She stood to her feet with me and I couldn't help myself but pull her into a tight embrace, her arms wrapped tightly around my torso as mine lapped over her back. I could practically feel the love radiating from our hearts at this very moment.

"Mind making us some breakfast while I am in the shower?" I asked, and she immediately nodded as excitement filled her eyes.

.

The smell of bacon and eggs filled my nostrils and made my stomach growl as I exit the bathroom, a towel hung lowly around my waist as my hands ruffled through my hair in attempt to dry it.

My feet lead me to a very calm Ariana standing in the kitchen with nothing but my shorts and my baggy t-shirt that rose to the tops of her thighs. I snuck behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist, my face nuzzling into the crook of her neck as she pours orange juice into two clear glasses.

"Smells good in here." I mumbled, my lips pecking over the exposed skin of her shoulder and smirked as I saw goosebumps rise to her skin at the sensitive touch of my lips.

"Well, I am making breakfast." She snorts, setting the juice carton down before turning towards me, her arms immediately wrapped around my neck as she pulled me into her. Her hands rose to my hair as she tangled her small fingers into my hair and lightly tugged. "Your hair is all wet."

"Well, I did take a shower." I retort and stole a quick kiss from her lips as I snatched a piece of slightly burned bacon from behind her. "By the way, try putting the heat down next time you make the bacon." I tease and she grunts.

"Well I am sorry I can't properly cook bacon at the perfect temperature."

"I was just kidding, babe." I said as I took another two strips of bacon and stuffed them into my mouth. "Thank you for making breakfast, though, I am starving!"

"I can tell." She scoffed, taking both of our plates into the dining room before she sets them on the table. I follow behind and grab both of our orange juice with one hand and a carton of almond milk with the other.

I felt my mouth practically water at the sight of eggs and perfectly stacked bacon on my plate. I licked my lips before grabbing the fork and jabbing it into the eggs and stuffing them into my mouth as Ariana did the same. I moaned with a mouthful of eggs and Ariana giggled from beside me.

"This is so good." I praised her and she smiled widely once she swallowed her food. I cracked open the almond milk and pressed it to my lips, letting the cool contents run down my throat.

"I don't think that is very sanitary." Ariana remarked as I drank straight from the carton.

"Who cares, I'm too lazy to get a cup." I chugged down more of the milk to push her even further. I smiled to myself as she rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Do you want some?" I asked and pointed the almond milk in her direction.

She cringed and stared at me with wide eyes. "Almond milk? Are you serious?"

"It's better and healthier than regular milk!"

"Milk is milk! There's not a difference." She argued back, the smile on her face never fading as we playfully argued over milk.

"Actually there is. This is almond milk, therefore, it has a very faint taste of almonds or something like that."

"Bullshit,"

"There is more calcium in almond milk than regular milk! If you think about it milk is boring. Theres fat free milk, one-percent milk, two-percent milk, Vitamin D milk, what's the difference? They are all the same! They look the same and taste the same. But almond milk is a whole different story..."

"Bullshit,"

"Try some!"

"I'd rather walk into upcoming traffic." She sassily remarked, her arms crossing over her chest.

"Suit yourself." I shrugged and chugged down more of this delicious almond milk. "This almond milk sure is delicious-"

"Fine! Give me your damn almond milk!" She raised her voice as she reached over and snatched the carton from my hands and pressed it to her lips as soon as she sat back down. I watched her intently as she gulped down sips of the milk before her eyes fluttered shut and she let it run down her throat. She wiped the corners of her mouth with the back of her hand as she slammed the carton down onto the table. "Damn you, Styles."

"I told you!"

"You and your stupid almond milk," Ariana rolled her eyes before digging back into her food.

-

"I need to tell you something." Ariana said softly, her eyes wandering around the aisles as she bit on her bottom lip and didn't meet my eyes.

So it was very late and now we were at Target, shopping for some late night groceries because I had ran out since this morning. We ended up staying home- my apartment, all day until Ariana got hungry and forced me to go grocery shopping with her because she says that she 'wasted' all my food this morning. So she practically dragged me out of my apartment in only our pajamas and I honestly did not mind at first, until we arrived here and bumped into an endless amount of people most likely judging us by their glares.

"What is it?" I asked, watching her intently as she picked my favorite kind of cereal from the top shelf.

"Well," Her eyes scanned over the box of Frosted Flakes for a few seconds before she tossed it into the cart along with the rest of our items. "It can wait, it's not that important."

By her nervous expression, it is very important.

"Spill it." I snapped, not caring how rude I sounded as curiosity crept on me.

"I'll tell you somewhere more... private." She raised the glasses that were lowly placed on her nose as she began walking through the aisles again. I follow behind her and I do not even attempt to keep my voice down.

"Babe... just tell me!" I whined, my voice coming out very childish.

"No," Ariana whispered. "There's people around us."

"Yea, so?"

"They can hear us."

"They probably can hear us but they won't be paying much attention! Just tell me since it is 'not that important.'" I childishly mock her, using air quotes with my fingers.

"Well we never know! Someone here might be Jai's relative-" She shouted but quickly clamped her hand over her mouth as his name escaped her lips.

It was him. He was the thing she wanted to talk to me about. Just the thought of Jai makes my stomach churn and my blood boil in anger. I feel nauseous at the thought of Ariana seeing Jai again. Especially while we were apart.

"I'm sorry-" She rambled on but my booming voice cut her off.

"Bullshit! You fucking saw him again!"

"Let me-"

"Please don't tell me he touched you, Ariana." I felt the vile rise in my throat and I felt my stomach churn unbelievably tight, it was unbearable. I did not care about the amount of strangers watching us, I did not care about their mysterious points and glares. All I cared was about Ariana and why the hell she saw him again. "Ariana, please don't tell me he laid a hand on you!" I shouted so loudly I am sure everyone heard me, but Ariana didn't care in the slightest.

"This is exactly why I wanted to talk somewhere private!" She yelled before breaking eye contact from me and walking over to the cash registers.

"How do you expect me not to yell at you! He is the person you should lastly be talking to right now!"

"Be quiet!" Ariana gripped my wrist in her hand as she lowered her voice, wide eyes wandering around the lanes. "You're making a scene."

"Fine. But don't think that I will let this go, now you need to tell me what happened." I said a bit softer and I saw the way Ariana's shoulders relaxed.

"Deal." She said, her lips pulling into the smallest grin yet. "Don't ever yell at me in public again, Harold. Got it?" She whispered, her hot breath fanning against my face as her hand never left my bicep.

"No promises." I widely smiled and she stood on her tiptoes to press a quick kiss to my lips before I even had the chance to kiss her back. "You're infuriating." I added as I helped her place our groceries onto the belt.

"I'm infuriating?" Her eyes widened as she stared at me, bewildered.

"Completely." I bit back a smile and gave the cashier a quick smile as she greeted us.

"Who is the man who switches moods in less than a second?"

"That man is surely not me." I muttered as I pulled my card out of my pocket to pay for he groceries but Ariana stopped me, snatching the card out of my hands before I even had the chance to swipe it. "What are you doing? I am paying."

"No," she fought back, pulling out her card from her purse and swiping it before I even had the chance to process what was happening. She smiled widely and dropped my credit card back into my pocket as she grabbed her receipt from the cashier.

I bid a quick "Thank You" to the young cashier before we walk out of Target, my arm wrapped around her shoulders as she pulled the cart before her.

"Why didn't you let me pay? They are my groceries!" I whine as I pulled open my car and threw our groceries onto the backseats.

"I think it was about time that I paid for something. You always pay for me when we go out to eat or whatever it is, you're always paying for me and I feel terrible because it's rare when I pay."

"But I work, so that's how I get my money."

"Harold, you work at an infamous coffee shop, you're lying to me if you tell me that you get paid more than minimum wage." We hopped into the car and buckled up before I started the car, the engine coming to life with a light purr.

"Actually," I glanced behind us before pulling out of the parking lot and driving onto the busy roads. "I do get paid more than minimum wage, I work right off campus and I work a little more hours than I am supposed to so I do have some money. My mum also sends me a good amount of money every month because she rarely visits and swore that she would always help me pay for my shit, even if I didn't need it."

"That's very sweet of her." Ariana said, her voice soft as she stared at me with pure admiration in her eyes.

"I know. I used to tell her everyday that I didn't need the money and that I could just work extra hours but she never listened to me. As much as I would secretly put the money back into her purse, she would somehow manage to shove it into my luggages before I left and promised to send me money every month. I thought it was ridiculous because she needed the money more than I did, she did live alone anyway, but as much as I resisted on taking the money she would keep on giving me more and more. So one day I gave up and let her give me the money even if I didn't really need it."

"That's incredible, Harry. That's real kind of her."

"Yea, but don't your parents do that too?" I ask, taking my hand off the steering wheel and placing it on her thigh as my thumb rubbed small circles onto the smooth skin there. A smirk pulled at my lips as I noticed that her breathing slightly changed with this small gesture.

"Yea, well kind of." She smiled as she noticed that I was staring at her chest that heaved up and down with heavy breaths.

Her cheeks reddened as I trailed my hand further up her thigh, stopping at the meeting of thighs as her hand darted out to stop me from any further movements.

"What's wrong, babe? You okay?" I asked, the smirk on my lips never fading in the slightest. Her chest rose and fell back down so heavily I could hear her whimper as my hand accidentally moved.

"Stop." She breathlessly said, her voice thick with the way I had already stolen her breath. "Anyway..." She cleared her throat and removed my hand from the inside of her thighs before setting it back down further away from between her thighs. "Your mom gives you money because she cares about you and wants to help you. My parents send me a whole ton of money every month just so I won't bother them by coming home. They tell me I should get a job but I always refuse and tell them that I am far too busy with college than to have my own job, therefore, with the money they send me I pay for my bills and my apartment and gas and everything I need."

"Is it really that much money?" I asked, surprised that she doesn't have to work and still has extra money for herself.

"Yea, lets just say my parents make an insane amount of money together."

"Where do they work?"

"My mom is a real estate agent and I have absolutely no idea what my dad works for, I haven't seen him in forever."

"Why not?" I asked, my eyes shifting over to her as we stopped at a red light.

"My dad left my mother, my brother and I when I was younger so I haven't seen him since. It sucks to know that I didn't have a father while growing up but its fine because I always had my brother but once he moved out, I would usually get wasted and crash at my friends house. I know it was stupid and immature of me but I didn't know what else to do, I had no one. My mom would work all day and my brother moved out early so I was usually left alone at home so my friends would usually invite me over and we would get bombed and sleep wherever we could." A wisp of a laugh pushed past her lips and I practically see the pain behind her words.

"I'm so sorry, baby." My voice was soft, matching the mood of our conversation. "You're not alone, though. You've have never really been alone. Even though you felt as if you were the only one struggling with this, you have got to remember that there are millions and millions of people who have struggled with you. You have never been alone."

Ariana's big brown eyes are filled with tears when I glance at her when I park into our apartment complex's parking lot.

"Thank you, Harry."

A smile breaks across her features and I find myself smiling as she smiles. I can't help it. Its actually real contagious. I feel my heart flutter as she slowly leans in, her lips mere inches from mine before she finally presses them against mine. My hand rose the gently cradle the side of her face as our lips molded around one another's so perfectly, so smoothly. I felt my bones practically vibrate at how slow she was taking this, how slow her lips trapped my lower one and gently sucked. There was nothing feverish and desperate about this kiss, it was completely filled with dangerous emotion and desire for one another.

"I really don't want anyone catching us making out in the middle of the parking lot." She smiled in between kisses which prevented me from kissing her.

"Fuck," I cursed as I pulled away from her and unbuckled my seatbelt and pulled the keys out of the ignition before shoving them back into my pocket as Ariana climbed out of the car.

A deep breath drew past my lips as I took my hand in hers and dragged her into the elevator. As soon as the doors slid shut, I gripped her hips and pushed her against the elevator's wall. I took no time on foreplay as I crashed my lips onto hers, her hands slowly trailing up my back before her small hands fist my shirt in the back.

"I love you so fucking much, Ariana." I broke out in between kisses.

"I love you, Harry."

The elevator doors slid open and we immediately pulled away as we felt the elevator come to a stop. I pulled her by the hand as we ran past hallways until we reached my door, my hand digging into my pocket and pulling out my keys.

"You're so eager!" Ariana called me out, uncontrollable laughs coming along with it.

"No I am not." I huffed, pushing open the door before walking in and slipping off my shoes beside the door and dropping the keys off at the kitchen counter.

"Yes you are! You haven't been able to keep your hands off me since last night."

"Last night changed me into a real man, Ariana. You wouldn't understand." I smiled widely as I plopped back down onto the couch.

"A real hormonal man."

"What if I were just as hormonal before?"

"Oh," Ariana sat beside me, her legs on my lap. "I doubt that, though. You would barely even kiss me."

"We have kissed a lot, Ariana."

"True."

"Anyway, what were you going to tell me at Target?" I asked, my hands resting on her leg and my other one was in hers.

She heavily sighed and let her head roll back to rest against the sofa. Her eyes shut and she stayed silent, probably avoiding me.

"Fine." Ariana sighed. "But you have to let me explain, you can't interrupt and yell at me while I'm telling the story. Alright?"

"Alright." I sighed and prepared for what she was about to tell me. I don't know what she is planning on telling me, but I do know it is about Jai which is enough to make me sick.

"It happened yesterday, before I came to see you." Ariana gulped and I could tell she was just as nervous as I am. "Well, about two weeks before that I had texted Jai and I told him we needed to talk about what happened on New Years Eve. So, two weeks later, we were at Jason's apartment and at first I thought we were just going to talk about it but then things were really different than what I expected. At first I thought he would be really nice and I thought he would feel bad for what he did to me-" I watched her intently as she choked on her words, her hand rising up to cover her mouth as she shook her head.

A shaky breath drew past her lips and she didn't even try to hide the single tear stream down her cheek. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and pulled her into me, her head resting on my shoulder as my arms held her protectively.

"Anyway, I really thought he cared. He was my best friend for years. Well when I got there I was really on edge and I was being a bitch to him because the last thing that I wanted to do was see him; but I knew I had to. He explained himself and he just said that he did not know what he was doing and he said he loved me, Harry. He had the audacity to tell me that he loved me at that moment. He knew I was hurting, he knew I was lonely, but his main goal was to fool me into believing him that he loved me. When I first arrived, I thought I would be able to leave knowing that Jai was truly sorry for what he did but when he tried to kiss me, I knew I would never want to see him again-"

"He tried to kiss you-" I raised my voice, feeling my head spin and my stomach violently churn at the image of Jai kissing Ariana.

"Please let me explain Harry, I am almost finished." She said quietly, her voice defeated. I sighed and nodded. "I shoved him off me before he could do anything, though. I was just so in the moment, he was saying so many things to make me feel better and I was hurt because you left me and I had no one and I was just so upset. But I knew I couldn't kiss him because I loved you Harry. I hate him so much. All this time I thought he was my best friend and I thought what he did was a mistake but he meant to hit me. He meant to psychically hurt me because he's a damn psycho. All this time I thought it was my fault that all of this happened, I thought it was my fault that he hurt me but I learned that all those years of being with Jai were complete bullshit and the only thing he wanted me for was the psychical pleasure and the bragging rights. I just feel so used, Harry. I feel like all the feelings and trust I used to have for him are completely gone. And I just feel so weak." Her body gently shook as she sobbed into my chest.

Is she serious? If I had to describe Ariana in one word, it would definitely be strong.

"Are you kidding me?" I pulled her off me and forced her to look her me, my hand raising to gently cradle the side of her face. "You are not weak. What you did yesterday was incredible. You had the guts to talk to Jai again when most people wouldn't. You had the strength to get your ass off your sofa and talk to him even if you were emotionally hurting. You didn't dwell on it and keep quiet, you did not give up; and to me, that's the true definition of strength. Do not ever think of yourself as weak because I swear that you are one of the most confident, and strongest woman I know. Even in your most vulnerable states, you always somehow manage to smile through it and that is pure strength. You don't ever give a fuck of what people say and you never let anyone boss you around. I love you, Ariana, and if I thought you were weak I would definitely tell you."

"You mean that?" She asks, sniffling a bit as a saddened grin plays on her lips.

"More than anything in the world, baby." I leaned down and pressed my lips to hers for a moment before disconnecting them.

"I thought you would be mad at me."

"For what? Being brave and standing up for yourself? That's crazy talk."

"Let's please stop talking about this, I hate crying and being emotional. It's just not me." She sighed, standing from the couch and holding her hand out to help me up.

"Great." I rubbed my hands together and stared down at her with a wide smile. "Let's put away the groceries before they spoil."

"Um.." Ariana mumbled, her hand rising to scratch the back of her neck. "We left them in your car."

"What? Are you serious!"

"I would have remembered if you wouldn't have distracted me in the car with your touches and lips!"

"Distractions?" I raised an eyebrow and she giggled. "I like distractions."

"Not in the mood, Styles. Nice try though, try using it on me when I am not an emotional bitch."

"Fine then, we will get the groceries first thing in the morning." I huffed, my arms crossing over my chest. "But it's never too late for almond milk!"

-

VERY CUTE AND HEAVY BUT MOSTLY ADORABLE CHAPTER YOURE WELCOME

DONT FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT BECAUSE THIS CHAPTER IS SUPER LONG AND YOUR COMMENTS MEAN THE WORLD TO ME SO JUST COMMENT AS MUCH AS YOU CAN LOL

don't forget to check out my new fanfic called "reliance" on my profile. add it to your library because I will be updating the first chapter soon ;)

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING I LOVE YOU AND I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT WEEK 💘💖💗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 244 55
Sometimes things shatter when all you want to do is put the pieces back together.
73.1K 1.7K 22
"Because no matter what, someone out there would take a lightning filled sky over a star filled one any day."
151 0 44
"When all of your life have been normal, where you get ignored at school unless it's for homework, and your life suddenly change into something crazy...
1.1K 19 17
Sometimes even the most beautiful people break.