Bone of Contention (Underswap...

By TheIndianaCrew

Humanity is divided over one thing---the Monsters' reappearance. Some believe that they should stay abovegrou... More

Chapter 1: "The Protest"
Chapter 2: "The Waitress"
Chapter 3: "Ebott City Park"
Chapter 4: "Change of Plans"
Chapter 5: "Resentment"
Chapter 6: "Save the Date"
Chapter 7: "The Brothers"
Chapter 8: "An Unfavorable Meal"
Chapter 9: "Stranger Danger"
Chapter 10: "Muffet's"
Chapter 11: "The New Employee"
Chapter 12: "A Friend Meets A Foe"
Chapter 13: "Reassurance"
Chapter 14: "Deux"
Chapter 15: "Dismissed"
Chapter 16: "Compadres"
Chapter 17: "Chocolatey Confections"
Chapter 18: "Cadillacs and Cologne"
Chapter 19: "Old Spice Makes Everything Nice"
Chapter 20: "Safety is Necessary"
Chapter 21: "Him"
Chapter 22: "Every Cloud has a Silver Lining"
Chapter 23: "Birthday Shenanigans'
Chapter 24: "Cigarettes and Honey"
Chapter 25: "Fun and Games"
Chapter 26: "It Still Haunts You"
Chapter 27: "A New Change"
Chapter 28: "The Arrival"
Chapter 29: "Reunited Again"
Chapter 30: "Embarrassment"
Chapter 31: "Turning Over A New Leaf"
Chapter 32: "Bitterness"
Chapter 33: "The Companions"
Chapter 34: "The Detective"
Chapter 35: "For the Greater Good"
Chapter 36: "Dubuc's Ice Cream Shoppe"
Chapter 37: "A Cat and Mouse Experience"
Chapter 38: "Questionable Decisions"
Chapter 39: "Friendly Revelations"
Chapter 40: "Recuperation"
Chapter 41: "Laughter is the Best Medicine"
Chapter 42: "Strange Squad Goals"
Chapter 43: "Night Owls"
Chapter 44: "Dreams and Disasters"
Chapter 45: "Carpe Diem"
Chapter 46: "Discord"
Chapter 47: "A Good Samaritan"
Chapter 48: "Consolation"
Chapter 49: "Rest and Relaxation"
Chapter 50: "Birds of a Feather Flock Together"
Chapter 51: "Breaking The Ice"
Chapter 52: "A Mysterious Place"
Chapter 53: "Rejuvenated"
Chapter 54: "Beneath the Surface"
Chapter 55: "Bad Blood"
Chapter 56: "Tension"
Chapter 58: "Affliction"
Chapter 59: "Love-Struck"
Chapter 60: "Introspection"

Chapter 57: "Sweet Beginnings"

2.2K 90 305
By TheIndianaCrew

After calming down Maia enough to stop her tears, you invited her into the kitchen to help you cook dinner.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" You asked as she sat on the counter.

She wiped a tear from her face, "S-Sans, actually."

"You sure?" You asked as you started getting your ingredients together.

"Yeah, if that's okay with you." She responded, then gave a weak smile.

"Of course it's okay with me! Now, go ahead." You smiled in return, then dipped your head.

"Well, you already know that I fancy him. I just know I need to make a move before I leave... That is, if you think he's even interested." She took a hair tie out and pulled up her hair, then looked to you as you snorted.

"I'm sorry, but that's not even a question. Sans absolutely has the hots for you." You responded, then got out a pot.

Maia turned red, then coughed. "Well, I guess he is pretty friendly—"

"I'd call that more than friendly. His entire self lights up when you're around. Not only that, but he stares at you blushing all the time. It's adorable." You replied, knowing you're not betraying Sans' trust because everyone already knows.

Maia glanced away out of embarrassment, "Really?" she asked, not fully believing you.

"Absolutely!" You spoke, moving to her and taking both of her hands into your own.

"I would not lie about this." You spoke softly, then moved away again.

"Then what about his outburst?" She asked, leaning forward and crossing her legs.

"He desperately doesn't want you to leave and he's frustrated that there's nothing he can do to stop it."

"Oh, dammit! I feel so bad now. I wish this all hadn't happened. Then maybe we could both be happy." She groaned, then sighed and leaned her head against the cabinet.

"No Maia, you both know the fun times you've shared are worth every second. If they'd be gone, think of how bleak your trip would have been." Maia looked down, her green eyes watery.

"Just because you have to separate doesn't mean that you two need to suffer even more. Remember to cherish the amazing times and hold onto them until the next meeting."

She looked up, sniffling. "What if there's not a 'next time'?"

"That's not even an option, you know none of us will let you stay away for long. You are absolutely needed here and we all love you dearly." You smiled, then turned and began to get cooking.

"Y-yeah. I suppose you're right." She tapped her fingers on the counter, then turned back to you.

"Well, what do I do about the elephant in the room?" She asked suddenly and you turned around.

"Tell him how you feel. As soon as you can see him face-to-face, let your heart loose." You responded calmly.

"You sure that won't be too soon? O-or..."

You cut her off. "Maia. You're about to leave to go back to California for who knows how long, it's not too soon."

"Fair enough." She bit her lip, then nodded.

"Okay. I'll be sure to invite him here as soon as possible then. I really don't want to leave without telling him how I feel." She admitted while playing with her ponytail.

"I cannot blame you. If it was me and Papyrus, I'd feel the same way." You responded, then turned back around.

She paused for a moment, then tapped her fingers against the countertop again. "Speaking of Papyrus, mind if I ask a question?"

"Not at all. Go ahead."

"You know that I know about you sneaking Papyrus in at night, right?" She spoke and you flushed red.

"I don't know how you've been doing it, but—" She grinned.

"How the hell do you know about that?!" Your eyes widened and she laughed.

"I didn't. But I do now~" She winked and you turned back around and covered your face.

"Maia! You shit-head!" You exclaimed and she laughed, nearly falling off the counter.

"Come on, you would do the same with me!" She reasoned between laughs and you shook your head.

"Damn. I can't even deny it."

"Good! But, I got to do it first~" She teased and you raised your finger, waving it at her.

"Well just wait for my revenge, because it's forthcoming." You threatened and she laughed.

"Honestly, I'd like it right about now. Damn." She sighed and you turned back around again and went back to cooking.

"Well, maybe I can work out something sooner than you originally expected." You hummed in thought, then smiled.

"The Grinch had a wonderful, awful idea~" You snickered and she playfully punched you.

"Shut up!" Maia laughed.

---------------------------------------------

After you had cooked your meal, you and Maia both ate dinner together and things were pretty normal. You continued to chat about each of your romantic interests and it was super relaxing.

But, it inspired you even more to make sure Maia and Sans end up together before she leaves in two days. So, you vowed to have them confess even if it was the last thing you did—even though that may sound a bit extreme.

Honestly though, you'd die for this ship to sail.

So after you both had finished eating, you headed to the couch and began to think. You have a few minutes alone to think of what to do as Maia washes the dishes.

And to your surprise, your phone buzzed in your pocket. So, you took a moment to check who'd written you.

"ok, so i managed to get sans the rest of the night off. he feels like absolute shit. ya think we can both come over? or is it too late?"

Yes! Perfect. This is the exact situation you need to get them together!

You grinned and quickly shot back a text.

"It's never too late, honey dear! I want this to be a surprise though, we really need to work Cupid's bow tonight. So, let me text Evony to see if she can let you two in."

"gotcha. we're finishing up some dinner right now. we can be there in like, idk maybe 15 minutes? i'll text you when we're 5 minutes away." He swiftly texted back.

"Okay! Let me set things up with Evony. Let's do this!" You snickered as you responded, then clicked over to your contacts and scurried into your room so Maia couldn't hear you.

You pressed call and waited.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Evony! It's (Y\N). Are you home?"

"Hey, dude! And, yeah I am. Why?"

"Okay so, Papyrus and I are playing matchmaker right now. So, I don't wanna say Sans is coming in front of Maia and want it to be a surprise. So, I was wondering if you could let them inside the building." You responded

"Yeah, of course! I'd be happy to. How long until they get here?" She asked cheerily.

"In about 13 minutes. I'll text you when they're 5 minutes from the apartment." You responded.

"Got it! I'll be watching for the text!" She chirped.

"Thanks, Evony!"

"Of course! Now, have a nice night!" She replied.

"You too!"

And after that, you both hung up and you tip-toed back into the living room and sat right back on the sofa. Thankfully, you still heard the water running and saw no signs that she had been listening in.

So, the plan is on. And, it's quite the thrill.

"Alright, I think I got everything! Your dishwasher is running too." Maia spoke after a few minutes, adjusting her ponytail.

"Thanks! But, you didn't have to do all of them! You coulda left me some." You responded and she let out a suppressed laugh.

"Make the chef do the dishes? Never!" She gasped jokingly, then walked over and plopped down beside you on the sofa.

"Anyway, what we doing tonight?" Maia asked, stretching and crossing her legs.

"I was thinking we could watch some YouTube or play some games." You replied. Then ran your hand through your hair.

"Sounds good. Though, at some point I totally wanna play cards against humanity." Maia responded.

"You know what, me too. Let's make that a goal." You replied and she fist-bumped you.

"Hell yeah!" She grinned, then laughed.

Suddenly, your phone buzzed, so you picked it up and checked it.

"Ah, it's Muffet. Gimme a sec." You lied.

It's actually Papyrus, and it's his 5 minute warning a bit early. But, that doesn't matter.

So, you quickly text him a thumbs-up and then immediately text Evony with the following.

"They're 5 minutes away. Thank you so much!"

"She was just letting me know that she'd like me to be a bit early tomorrow." You explained as you went to set your phone down.

"I'll have to come and get breakfast at Muffet's then. Gotta spend as much time with you before I go, after all." Maia stretched, then yawned.

"Sounds good to me! Maybe Muffet can spare me for a few and we can share a coffee break or something." You responded and she smiled.

"Yeah! That sounds perfect. Maybe I'll have ideas for the Sans situation by then." She replied, then propped her chin up with her fist.

"Maybe so, but sometimes it's better to just take life by the horns." You replied, smiling.

"Yeah...." She trailed off, then pointed to your phone.

"Can you ask her how Grillby is doing? I'm still a bit worried about him." Maia asked and you nodded.

"Of course! I probably should've asked earlier." You responded, then picked up your phone and went to text her.

"Yeah." She frowned then looked down.

You glanced up for a moment and sighed when you saw her. She's miserable in more than one situation and you can't help but feel intense sympathy for her.

Hopefully her and Sans can make up tonight, hell, maybe even make out.

But, you know she'll at least be a bit more happy to see Sans in a few minutes, so you resume texting Muffet.

"Hey! How is Grillby doing? And, I hope you're feeling better!"

"Okay, done." You locked your phone, and put it back down as you smiled.

"Thanks! It'll be nice to get an update." Maia responded.

"Absolutely agreed. I could tell Muffet was extremely shaken too. Though, they definitely have some romance going on there."

"Ooooh~ love is in the fucking air!" Maia laughed, nudging you. And you just smiled, knowing those words were about to smack her right in the face.

"Yes it is!" You laughed.

"It seems like everyone around us has had romance recently. Grace and Audrey, Muffet and Grillby, you and Papyrus—" She trailed off, then played with her hair.

"Seems like the only non-romantically involved person in our immediate lives is Mr. Smith... Well, him, Sans and myself." Maia laughed nervously and you shook your head.

"I wouldn't count you and Sans. You have major chemistry, dude." You laughed, then sighed.

"God bless Mr. Smith though. He deserves someone great." You leaned your cheek on your fist.

"Yeah, I wish we could introduce him to someone. But for now, maybe he should work on himself." Maia replied and you nodded.

"I certainly agree. But we should totally invite him over for a mass sleepover one day." You paused.

"Uh but not like that." You laughed, rubbing the back of your neck and Maia snorted.

"Suuure~" She teased, winking.

You laughed, then shook your head.

"But in all seriousness, I think he lacks many friendships so he should totally bring his son over some night and we can all chill together." You explained further.

"Isn't he like 35, (Y/N)?" Maia laughed and you wagged your finger at her.

"Maia, you're never too old for sleepovers."

"Okay, okay." Maia laughed, holding up her hands.

"Maybe you're right. Plus, Sans would totally get along with his son." Maia reasoned.

"Exactly! This is why we need a Smith sleepover! It'd be fun." You smiled, then suddenly a knock came at the door.

"Who the hell could that be?" Maia asked suddenly, looking to you. So, you put on a fake clueless expression.

"Huh. No idea, but it's probably Evony? Maybe she came back to get her containers."

"Yeah, I guess that's a good possibility... Do you want me to get it?" She asked and you held back a grin. That'd be perfect for the plan, after all, then you could see her reaction better.

"Yeah, if you don't mind of course!"

"No worries. I got it. I mean, who else would it be? You live in a pretty secure apartment building, after all." She laughed as she stood up and started walking to the door.

You couldn't help but smile evilly. This whole situation may be a bit contentious, but it's for the greater good, right?

"Yeah." You laughed in response as she got to the door and unlocked it.

"Coming!" She spoke as she swung open the door only to freeze.

You bit your tongue to stifle a laugh as Papyrus met your gaze and nodded knowingly.

"H-HI MAIA..." Sans started, his voice nervous.

"I'M SO SORRY ABOUT WHAT I SAID EARLIER. I-I... I HOPE THESE CAN HELP MAKE IT UP TO YOU?" He reached forward, handing her a vase of beautiful light purple crocuses.

"Oh, Blue. I've already forgiven you." She spoke softly.

"But goodness, these flowers are gorgeous! Thank you so much!"

"OF COURSE... THE FLORIST SAID THEY'RE CALLED THE 'PENITENT'S ROSE', THEREFORE PERFECT FOR AN APOLOGY." He tapped his shoes together shyly.

"That is so thoughtful of you! It makes me love them even more. Please come in, you two." Maia turned, beckoning them inside with a giant smile on her face and a blush on her cheeks.

"thank ya, kid." Papyrus dipped his head as he and Sans walked into your apartment.

"Sans, I thought you had guard duty tonight?" Maia asked as she shut the door behind them.

"WELL, I DID..." He smiled suddenly.

"BUT I REALIZED I NEED TO PRIORITIZE MY RELATIONSHIPS RIGHT NOW, SO I ASKED A FRIEND TO COVER FOR ME!"

"she actually said she was bored outta her mind so, it worked out well, ey?" Papyrus smirked, then walked over to the couch and flopped beside you, instantly throwing his arm around you.

"heya beautiful~" Papyrus purred, and when he realized Sans and Maia weren't paying attention, he turned and leaned closer to you.

He was right against your ear as he began to whisper huskily, "what goes in hard and dry, but comes out soft and wet?"

He gently nuzzled against your neck as your face started to redden. "I-I don't kn—?!" You suddenly stopped mid-sentence as you felt his teeth suddenly nibble at your earlobe.

You suppressed a squeak as your face reddened the most it has in a long time. So you covered your eyes as he chuckled in that same sexy tone.

"gum." He followed up softly, then moved back a bit as his laughing intensified.

Rightfully disappointed, you uncovered your face and huffed, crossing your arms. Your face is practically burning, and you don't even want to imagine how red it really is.

"holy shit, (y/n)." He snickered, flopping back on the couch as he leaned his head against the top.

"i swear half of your blood is in your face right now." He joked and you shook your head.

"Can you really blame it?" You replied, turning away.

"just wanted some action, huh~?"

"Okay, cut it you two lovebirds. I love you two to death, but I don't wanna hear that." Maia suddenly spoke and Papyrus snorted.

Though of course you just blushed even more.

"okay, okay. i'll cool things down." Papyrus spoke, then when you looked back to him he winked.

"for now~" He purred and you let out a very pronounced "Ughhhhhh—" in response.

"ANYWAY MAIA, I KNOW WE'RE TOO LATE FOR DINNER, BUT I HOPE YOU'LL STILL ACCEPT OUR PRESENCE!" Sans beamed and Maia nodded excitedly as she set the flowers down on a nearby table.

"Of course! And I'm sure (Y/N) agrees when I say you're always welcome!" Maia chirped.

"Well, duh! Wouldn't have things any other way. You two are my favorite boys." You smiled.

"OH STARS, REALLY? WELL I'M BEYOND HONORED TO HEAR THAT. THAT'S QUITE THE HONOR!" Sans gave a quick thumbs-up as he beamed.

"we will wear our badges with honor, ey sans?" Papyrus grinned and Sans nodded, throwing you a finger-gun.

"YOU BETCHA!"

Maia suddenly grabbed Sans' hand, causing his cheekbones to turn a light blue.

"We aren't just gonna stand around, right? Let's go sit!" Maia started leading him over to their normal places and he turned even bluer.

"FAIR! WE MUST NOT WASTE A SINGLE SECOND! TIME IS ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS. AND, I INTEND TO MAKE THE MOST OUT OF IT!" He responded which caused you to smile mischievously.

There's no way their confession isn't going to happen tonight. Especially with Sans being so on top of things.

"I cannot help but agree, Blue~" Maia cooed in response and Papyrus grinned, nudging you again.

They sat down in their respective chairs, then looked at each other.

"WE'RE VERY SORRY WE MISSED DINNER! I'M SURE YOUR COOKING IS MUCH MORE DELECTABLE THAN TACOS!"

"No, no! It's really fine. Please do stop apologizing. I don't mind at all. Plus, (Y/N) ended up cooking anyway." She laughed.

"Plus, my cooking will never be as good as hers. I wish it could be, but I'm pretty inexperienced when it comes to the kitchen." Maia continued.

"Oh shut up, your cooking is great. Plus, mine isn't even that good." You responded with a laugh.

"Well I think it is!" She stuck out her tongue and blew a raspberry so you scrunched up your nose before playfully flipping her off.

"You didn't even deny it when I said your cooking was good~" You teased.

"Ah, shit. You've got me!"

"Good~" You winked, then picked up your sketchbook.

"Now, I'll stop arguing with you." You added as you picked up a pencil.

You flipped through the pages until you got to your past abandoned sketch of Papyrus. Perhaps it's time to draw him again.

Suddenly Papyrus leaned against your shoulder, doing his best to lay on his side for a moment.

"draw me like one of your french girls~" He joked with a smirk and you rolled your eyes, facepalming.

"How about I do a quick portrait of your pretty face instead?"

"you think i'm pretty?" Papyrus cooed, still grinning like the absolute sly dog he is.

"Always and forever~" You responded, then winked.

He chuckled, then sat up.

"SO, M-MAIA..." Sans started, his face positively blue.

"Yeah? What's up, Sans?" Maia replied, then looked at him smiling.

"N-NEVERMIND." His bones rattled for a moment, looking fairly embarrassed so Papyrus flashed him a quick thumbs up.

"A-ACTUALLY..." He took a deep breath, tugging on his blue bandana.

"MAIA... I—"

You nodded your head, then flashed him a reassuring smile. You know he can do this.

He saw your support and gained enough strength to continue. "I KNOW ME SNAPPING AT YOU WAS A SHOCK EARLIER." He spoke, then reached his hand over to her.

"TO BE FRANK, I EVEN SURPRISED MYSELF!" He spoke as Maia gently took his hand, returning his gaze.

"BUT I KNOW WHY I DID IT. IT WAS NOT ANGER DIRECTED TOWARD YOU IN ANY WAY... IT WAS PENT UP FRUSTRATION AGAINST MY OWN LACK OF COURAGE."

"But Sans, you are very courageous! You're a royal guardsman, after all!" Maia smiled, trying to cheer him up but he instantly shook his head.

"NO. IT'S NOT THE SAME COURAGE." He sighed, then looked down embarrassedly.

"MAIA... I'M FRUSTRATED WITH MYSELF BECAUSE YOU'RE LEAVING IN TWO DAYS BUT I CAN'T BRING MYSELF TO TELL YOU THAT I—" He turned extremely blue and shrunk back a bit as you saw him hold her hand a bit tighter.

"I LIKE YOU..." He winced suddenly, seemingly waiting to receive a bad reaction from Maia. But, before she could even reply he continued to chatter on.

"AND IT'S COMPLETELY FINE IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME BACK! I DON'T WANT YOU TO FEEL LIKE YOU HAVE TO STAY HERE EITHER."

"I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM JUST A SHORT SKELETON. NOTHING LIKE ANY OF THE HUMANS OUT THERE... SO PLEASE DON'T FEEL PRESSURED INTO FEELING THE SAME WAY. I WILL UNDERSTAND."

He sighed out loud. "I MAY BE THE MAGNIFICENT SANS, BUT YOU'RE MUCH MORE MAGNIFICENT THAN ME, MAIA." He smiled through his anxiety.

Maia seemed speechless for a moment, her lips partially agape as she stared into his lit eye sockets.

"Damn Sans." She whispered, the sides of her mouth turning up in a smile.

"Who knew you could be such a romantic?" She smiled even more, then moved her hand and placed it against his cheekbone.

"I like you too, Sans. Don't even worry your cute 'lil face." She moved her hand and stood up, walking to his chair and bending down, pressing her lips against his cheek, giving him a gentle peck.

Sans' skull turned cotton-candy blue and Maia's cheeks revealed their own blush.

"I feel the exact same way, Blue." She smiled, then stood back up straight.

"And for heavens sakes, screw the humans. I'd rather have my short skeleton any day~" She purred.

Sans' blush intensified at her remark and he stood up suddenly and threw his arms around her. "I'M GOING TO MISS YOU SO MUCH, MAIA."

Sans nestled his skull into Maia's neck as she hugged him back, her grip tightening for a moment.

"I'm gonna miss you too." She sighed, then sniffled.

You looked to Papyrus and saw him wipe a tear from his eye socket and you don't blame him. This is relieving, yet stressful to watch.

If only things could be much simpler.

"WELL... WE CAN ALWAYS HAVE FACETIME DATES!" Sans muttered as he pulled away from her grasp, trying his best to see the positives.

"Of course! I'm just worried that they may not be enough. Long distance relationships are hard, and I wish I didn't have to leave so soon." Maia sighed and Sans took her hand.

"DON'T EVEN FRET. WE WILL MAKE THIS WORK! I.... DON'T EXACTLY KNOW HOW YET BUT WE WILL!" Sans chirped and smiled.

"Yeah, you're right. Sorry." She chuckled for a moment, then pulled him into a second hug.

"you two are givin' me cavities over 'ere!" Papyrus chuckled, then threw his arm over your shoulder again, bringing you closer to him.

"It's about time we got you two back for all of the cavities you've given us!" Maia pulled away from Sans and placed her hands on her hips

"nyeh, well you're gonna have to try a bit harder~" He turned to you suddenly.

"you mind?"

"Nah. I have no idea what you're planning, but go ahead."

He smirked and you instantly knew you should've thought that through better. But before you could question him, he pulled you into his lap and tilted your face up with his hand as he suddenly kissed you deeply.

He was going at it too, tongue and all. Holy shit, how can an individual with no lips be so good at kissing?

You're not really certain, but what is certain is that Papyrus is an absolute show off.

You swatted at Papyrus' chest after a good 20 seconds or so to get him to pull away. After all, your face has been exponentially turning redder and redder.

And when he pulled away, Maia and Sans were both blushing on their own.

"I DON'T THINK I COULD EVEN DO THAT!" Sans seemed flabbergasted.

"don't ever know if ya don't try~" Papyrus winked.

"Sans you don't have to—" Maia was cut off when Sans, who'd puffed out his cheeks in annoyance suddenly—and you're not even sure how he managed to do this—dipped Maia and pulled her into a proper kiss.

Your eyes widened. Even Papyrus looked pretty surprised. But, he quickly tucked that aside when the couple separated.

Maia's hair looked a bit disheveled, and she was in an absolute state of shock. And, understandably her face was a shade of crimson you've never seen before.

"I—I...?" She blinked as she stuttered, then ran a hand through her blonde ponytail as she looked to Sans.

"What the actual shit? Since when have you had a tongue?!" Maia spoke in utter shock.

"SINCE ALWAYS???" Sans replied in confusion.

Papyrus snorted, then burst into a laughing fit.

"You know what, I'm glad I didn't find out in that way." You murmured.

"He has one too?!" She squeaked.

"'course. why wouldn't i?" He winked, then poked out his orange tongue.

"Well... If you have a tongue—" Realization hit Maia like a ton of bricks. Which is quite ironic considering her accusation earlier. Well, to be fair you don't exactly know what these magical skeletons are packing... But they definitely have a few tricks up their sleeves.

"t-then... what else d-do you have?" She finished her train of thought, still stuttering.

Papyrus chuckled at this whole situation, but Sans looked extremely embarrassed.

"Perhaps that's better later discussed." You smiled nervously.

"probably shouldn't just ask a skeleton if he has an extra bone, kid." Papyrus winked and Maia covered her face before she fell back in her seat.

"PAPYRUS, PLEASE STOP EMBARRASSING MAIA!" Sans turned to comfort Maia and you shook your head.

"okay, okay. but, I didn't start it, bro."

"UGHHH." He groaned.

"PLEASE DO NOT REMIND ME THAT I BROKE HER."

"No, no. I-I'm not broken!" Maia peeked through her fingers before lowering her hands.

"Just a tad embarrassed." She laughed nervously.

"A tad?" You lifted an eyebrow and she coughed.

"You're right, never mind. I'm extremely embarrassed." She rubbed the back of her neck.

"ME TOO MAIA." Sans admitted as he rubbed his brightly colored cheekbones.

"This is an embarrassment party, huh?" You laughed.

"nah, i'm not embarrassed."

"Oh?" You grinned and you knew it was time to get him back.

"mmhm~"

"Let's change that then." You leaned over more in his lap and ran your finger across his jawline, and as inconspicuously as you could, you slid your hand under his hoodie.

Just this caused him to raise a 'bone'brow. But when you ran your fingers against his spine slowly, he couldn't help but shiver.

"n-nyeh? eh—?! heh???" Papyrus stuttered before you moved your hand and leaned close to his face and kissed his cheekbone gently.

You'd succeeded, and his skull was indeed a bright tangerine in color.

"There you go! Embarrassment party!" You beamed.

"i brought that upon myself, didn't i?"

"ABSOLUTELY!"

"You knew exactly what you were getting yourself into though, you cannot convince me otherwise." Maia stated and Papyrus couldn't help but let out a snicker.

"maybe~" He purred.

Feeling your own face heat up again, you suddenly stood up and held up your index finger. "Okay, who wants dessert?"

Suddenly everyone's hands went up.

"Me, duh." Maia chuckled.

"US TOO, BUT I ASSUME YOU ALREADY KNEW THAT!"

You laughed then nodded, "Yes, but being absolutely positive is always helpful."

"I'll help you do that." Maia smiled, then stood up and walked to your side.

"how sweet of you, kid." Papyrus winked.

"Ah, no worries Papyrus. Serving dessert will be a piece of cake~" Maia shot him finger guns, then giggled as she walked into the kitchen.

"Alright, we're having a pun-battle huh?" You tapped a finger on your chin.

"That's absolutely flan-tastic~" You couldn't help but giggle along with Papyrus as you started to walk toward the kitchen.

"Oh, and Papyrus?"

"mmhm?"

"Always remember that I love you from the bottom of my tart~" You snorted, then ran into the kitchen as you heard him chuckle again.

"will do, cutie-pie~"

—————————————————————————-

Authors Note:

!!another announcement is down below!!

Been a while, huh? Well, I'm happy to release another chapter! Hope it didn't kill you with all the innuendo and romantic scenes lmao.

I've been working on this one for a while, hence why it's super long, 4,644 words to be exact. So, I count that as a treat. I hope you dudes enjoyed it!

Anyway, announcement time 😎. Basically, I made us all a discord server over the holidays, and it's going super well. It's really fun, and very active. We've got a music room, Undertale bots, game night, and a lot of us just vibing and simping over fictional skeletons.

So, if you're 15+ and interested in joining, please request the join link in my PMs or a comment on this section and I'll respond when I can! We'd love to have you as a member!

But, before I forget, a good ole friend redrew a classic piece of BoC fanart so I'm gonna post it here. It's by OblivionEbony9000 Deviantart and it's so iconic. You know the setup, it'll be in the comments here!

If there's more fanart that I forgot to add, I apologize! Just remind me and I'll add it tomorrow.

So, anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter! I think the server helped influence its chaos and I love them for that. Shoutout to y'all!

Anyway, chapterly question time!

Do you own any Undertale\Deltarune merch? If so, what's your favorite item that you own? If you don't, what's your favorite merch (in general) that you do own?

I have collected quite a bit of Undertale memorabilia over the years, but my current favorites are the Sans hoodie and Grillby's Mug. And lemme tell you, this hoodie is so comfortable.

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for reading, and please remember to stay safe in this pandemic. Have a wonderful day/night!

-Indiana

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 210 38
You, a Witch, owned a potion shop in Ebott city where Monsters, Humans and supernatural beings lived in relative harmony. You had once had a chance e...
32.6K 1.3K 28
this is a love story between swap sans and the reader, the reader falls runs threw MT.Ebott trying to escape her twisted guardians when she is shot i...
5.8K 146 12
Edit: I'm sorry but this book is discontinued. I lost interest in this book and I couldn't do anymore chapters. I'm sorry but I'll maybe put some cha...
96.1K 2.2K 10
You have lived in the underground for 4 months now, and had befriended the most adorable cinnamon roll ever, Sans. However, you couldn't help but to...