The Assistant || Severus Snap...

By allikatt9

Severus Snape has an esteemed reputation to maintain, so he often spreads himself too thin. He becomes so ove... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: An Extra Hand
Chapter 2: Expectations
Chapter 3: A Rocky Start
Chapter 4: Failed Potions
Chapter 5: Opening Up
Chapter 6: A Turning Moment
Chapter 7: A New Secret
Chapter 8: Secrets Spilled
Chapter 9: Snape's Office
Chapter 10: Unexcused
Chapter 11: Professor Lupin
Chapter 12: A Possible Competition
Chapter 13: The Point of No Return
Chapter 14: Close Call
Chapter 15: Under the Radar
Chapter 16: Hard Questions
Chapter 17: Precautions
Chapter 18: Candlelight Dinner
Chapter 19: Honorable Friends
Chapter 20: Early Celebrations
Chapter 21: The Assistant's Return
Chapter 22: The Quidditch Cup
Chapter 23: Three Little Words
Chapter 24: The Road to Recovery
Chapter 25: Escape from Madam Pomfrey
Chapter 26: An Evening of Relaxation
Chapter 27: The Wrath of Madam Pomfrey
Chapter 28: Turning the Tables
Chapter 29: A Dangerous Game
Chapter 30: Old Shoes and Bitterness
Chapter 32: Group Tutoring
Chapter 33: Unexpected Circumstances
Chapter 34: The Revelation
Chapter 35: Complicated Feelings
Chapter 36: Unnecessary Insight
Chapter 37: Morning Delight
Chapter 38: Letting Go
Chapter 39: A Fresh Start
Chapter 40: Enticing Thoughts
Chapter 41: Dancing in the Dark
Chapter 42: Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 43: The Confession
Chapter 44: A Long Process
Chapter 45: Deliberation
Chapter 46: The Decision
Chapter 47: The Assistant
Epilogue
Finale (Author's Note)

Chapter 31: How It Came to Be

10K 355 211
By allikatt9

__

"Well, aren't you bold?" 

__

A deep sigh with the faintest hint of a growl escaped Severus' throat as he collapsed back onto the pillows of his bed, his hands still glued to your bare hips. His chest heaved up and down as he took a few moments to collect his breath from coming off of his climax. His hair was tousled in the messiest way from where your hands had just been tangled in his black locks. However, he couldn't have cared less based on the grin on his face and the look in his eyes as he looked up at you.

Once your vision cleared, you popped off of him and fell onto the mattress next to him, ultimately snuggling next to him and resting your head on his chest. His arms instinctively wrapped around you, keeping whatever exposed skin you had from getting too cold.

After Advanced Potions, you and Severus quickly cleaned up the classroom and made a dash for his quarters, barely able to keep each other's hands off of each other the entire way. It was a blur of kisses and satisfied noises, your clothes were disrobed and you jumped into bed.

"You never fail to impress me, Professor." You sighed.

You felt a rumble of laughter erupt from his core.

"Were you previously under the impression that I couldn't perform well in the bedroom?" He asked with a fake offended tone.

"Not at all. But considering you're significantly older than me, I just-"

"Oh, really? Significantly?" He questioned with an amused smirk.

You often teased him about his age, although he really wouldn't be considered that old.

"Easy, Sev. I wouldn't want you to have a heart attack." You replied with a giggle.

He laughed again and kissed your temple, earning a content sigh. Silence fell over the both of you, but the normal silence that was comfortable to sit in wasn't present. You could tell he had something on his mind. You craned your neck to look up at him, he immediately started getting butterflies at the way your eyes dazzled.

"Something on your mind?" You addressed the odd tension in the thick quiet. You had begun kissing his neck and sucking lightly in certain spots that you knew were sensitive on him.

He groaned ever so at the feel of your lips on his skin. He took this as his opportunity.

"How did you feel when you smelled your Amortentia?" He pondered.

You thought about it for a moment, recalling the feeling that you had felt just an hour or two ago.

"I felt warm, but not in an uncomfortable way. I knew immediately that it was you. The old shoe smell came first, which is weird by the way." You said with a snort.

Severus rolled his eyes, as if he had any real control over that. You went on.

"The bitterness came next. It was kind of like overly strong tea or coffee," You explained; "The parchment was my favorite...it reminded me of you the most."

His fingertips began to lightly drum on the outside of your thigh, tapping and dancing across your supple skin. He hummed.

"Mmhm, and why is that?" He asked, his voice airy and gentle.

You left a kiss on his shoulder.

"I think because it reminds me of how we ended up together," You proclaimed; "Being assigned as your assistant, grading papers, tutoring students...now we're sleeping together."

He brought a hand to your head, ruffling your hair and scratching at your scalp.

"It's strange how things can change. Not that I'm complaining." He purred.

You let out a breathy laugh when his kisses made it to your neck, trailing from your pulse point to your collarbone. You turned in his arms, leaning against his chest.

"What made you choose me?" You queried.

Snape chuckled into your neck.

"I didn't. Dumbledore did," He admitted; "I wasn't able to choose. I thought you knew that."

Your jaw dropped. This whole time you had thought that Severus had told Dumbledore that he wanted you, and Dumbledore formally made the assignment.

"No! I thought that you told Dumbledore and then he made the arrangement. How did Dumbledore think of me?" You asked.

Severus' kisses became a little quicker and faster. He didn't really care how it happened, he was just glad you were there.

"I had some requirements. Although, I'm pretty sure he already had you in mind." He replied.

You were baffled at this. How had you gone this entire time not even knowing how you ended up in this position?

"What kind of requirements? Someone willing to fill the role of a slutty assistant?" You said purely kidding, but knowing that Severus didn't like when you referred to yourself that way.

He pulled his head back.

"First of all, you're not slutty. I hate it when you say that. Secondly, this wasn't the 'arrangement' I had in mind. I didn't want an assistant in the beginning," He responded; "I requested someone who was talented with Potions and was willing to work around their schedule."

You thought back to the first few weeks you were together. You had almost forgotten how cold Severus was towards you.

"Oh, I remember. You didn't want me around at all." You recalled.

"I was sure I didn't need any help. Not to mention, you have a tendency to snap back at me," He said with a grin. You blushed. "But I'm happy you stuck around."

"Me too." You returned, kissing his cheek.

Your eyes looked past him now, out the window at the dreary weather outside. Now he could tell that you had something on your mind.

"Is there something you want to talk about?" He questioned, his lips returning to your neck.

You ran a finger lazily across the back of his neck, pushing his hair to the side.

"How much longer do you think we can stay together?" You asked him.

He drew his head back once more, and his brows furrowed in worry. He wasn't quite sure what you were implying.

"Forever. That is if I have any say in it," He said; "Why couldn't we be together for as long as we wanted?"

You gave him a look. You had been thinking about this for a while now. You had been flying under the radar with Severus since September. It was almost February now, and there were already people that knew of your relationship and there had been a couple of close calls. You wondered how long you could keep getting away with this.

"I'm just worried. Between Malfoy and the way we keep getting ourselves into tight situations, I'm just afraid that we're going to be found out sooner rather than later," You expressed; "Dumbledore covering for us helps some, but when The Ministry finds out-"

"They won't." Severus stopped your ramble.

You raised a brow.

"You seem confident." You noted aloud.

He shrugged. Severus knew and worked closely with people in The Ministry of Magic. He had a feeling that a professor having a relationship with a grown student was the least of their problems...but you were right. It would be a nightmare if The Ministry got involved.

"I'm not frightened of them." He admitted.

"Well, aren't you bold?"  You teased.

He scoffed in amusement.

"You know what I mean," He said; "I don't want you to worry, my love. If we get into trouble with The Ministry, then we'll handle it like we always do. You deserve to feel secure in our relationship."

You nodded with a smile.

"So do you. You of all people deserve to feel safe," You said. Your smile turned into a smirk as you raised yourself up from laying on him. You draped your leg over his hips; "I think I know of something else you deserve."

An excited expression was evident on his face as his hands found your waist once again.

"Oh, hell...I don't deserve you," He said, feeling his blood rush to a certain place. His eyes raked over your naked body that he had become so familiar with; "So stunning..."

You laughed lightly, the sound of it almost enough to get him off right then and there.

"You deserve me. You wouldn't be here if you didn't," You said dipping down to nibble on his ear, whispering; "I'm crazy about you, Severus Snape."

He rotated his hips upward at that, your hand involuntarily pushing him back onto the mattress. Your skin heating up again at the feel of him under you. You rolled your hips over him, grinding down to create that delicious friction. You sucked on his neck with fervor, but stopped when your watch on the bedside table began to beep.

He whimpered when you pulled away to lean over to get it. You threw your head back with a throaty groan.

"Shit. I've got to go," You announced, dismounting him and getting dressed; "I've got group tutoring in fifteen minutes."

Severus was disappointed that you were leaving so soon, not able to finish what you had started.

"Group tutoring?" He asked.

You nodded with an annoyed eye roll.

"Yeah. Since I've got five kids to tutor now, I don't have time to one-on-one sessions with each of them. So I'm just tutoring them all at once," You told him; "That way I don't have to be alone with Malfoy. Ron and Seamus will back me up."

Severus grimaced at the thought.

"Weasley and Malfoy in the same session? Are you sure that's a wise idea?" He wondered.

You truthfully weren't sure how this was going to go. You hoped that Draco wouldn't try anything if others were around. But with four Gryffindors and one Slytherin, you were convinced your hands were going to be tied.

"We'll see. I may have to get someone else to tutor Draco if he gets mouthy," You said; "Alicia would be more than happy to teach him a lesson or two."

Severus snickered at the thought of Alicia trying to teach Draco. He hoped it didn't come to that. He didn't want to have to expel Alicia for something that Draco probably deserved. He watched as you finished getting dressed, grabbing your bag and wand.

"Have fun, darling." He said sarcastically.

You glanced between his legs, noting that he was half-hard from where you had started to rile him up again. He blushed at your stare. You gave him a wink before leaving for the Potions classroom.

"Yeah. You too."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.4K 2.9K 41
(I said I would make a book, so here we are. Enjoy.) Severus Snape was the Potions Master at Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. You, being...
190K 1.7K 15
⚠️all recognizable characters belong to their creator, JK Rowling.⚠️ Different stories each chapter for people that like snape, i write for as many...
111K 3.3K 103
Professor Severus Snape, the foul tempered Potions Master of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, has lived a controlled and solitary life. Wh...
226K 7K 41
It is 6th year, the Dark Lord has returned. An unusual attack spikes confusion amongst Hogwarts, Severus Snape is intrigued by you but feelings soon...