Apartment 306

Por oliviamj_

|Completed | A crossover w/ @_ntsha (go to her profile for her version!) Four strangers from diverse walks of... Más

Apartment 306
1. "Go to hell"
2. "Saving myself for marriage"
3. "No new friends.."
4. "Let vacation begin"
5. "Love is an open door"
6. "You should smile more"
7. "Sour puss"
8. "Our lives are in danger"
9. "Can you swim?"
10. "Golden girls"
11. "Blue balls"
12. "My fresh start"
13. "What the fuck"
14. "I want to show you something"
15. "I don't like liars"
16. "I fell off my bike"
17. "Beep beep bitch"
18. "Fantasy Island"
19. "Death machine"
20. "The poet & photographer"
21. "GF"
22. "Because I got high"
23. "Does weed make you horny"
24. "Immortal"
25. "Women are fucking crazy"
26. "Two kids on an adventure"
27. "Third times a charm"
28. "Urgent meeting"
29. "A whole new world"
30. "Ride along"
31. "Lying is a sin"
32. "I've had enough"
33. "Johnny Castle"
34. "Giving in"
35. "The old Cassie"
36. "Mr. Right Now"
37. "Hit gone wrong"
38. "Silence is key"
39. "Distraction"
40. "Consent"
41. "RIP plans"
42. "Let shit go and move the fuck on"
43. "Gibby"
44. "Caregiver"
45. "Four fools in the woods"
46. "The now"
47. "Unexplainable new feelings"
48. "What's the price?"
49. "Boyfriends"
50. "A night in the hills"
51. "Treatment"
52. "The litte things"
53. "Never too late"
54. "I hope you want me"
55. "You're not going anywhere"
56. "The truth hurts"
57. "Only you"
58. P.O.V
59. "Breaking point"
60. "Trouble in paradise"
61. "The 's' word"
62. "I feel like a woman"
63. "I'm still breathing"
64. "It's always Cassie"
65. "I'm all in"
66. "You're mine"
68. "The unexpected"
69. "How it began"
70. "Live for the thrill"
71. "Just say the words"
72. "Glowing"
73. "Under the weather"
74. "Downhill"
75. "Shit hit the fan"
76. "153"
77. "Netflix & chill"
78. "Mothers know best"
79. "The messenger"
80. "Insomnia"
81. "Holiday spirit"
82. "Promises"
83. "I met the devil"
84. "Men in black"
85. "Dead end"
86. "Got damn mood swings"
87. "End of story"
Epilogue

67. "Blanks"

473 28 64
Por oliviamj_

It was early, around eleven, when I woke up to the smell of bacon filling my bedroom. Instinctively, I patted the right side of the bed for Cassie, but I knew she was cooking. That's my girl.

I didn't ask her to, but that's the kind of person she is. I like her drive, how much she cares about other people, and trying so hard to be the best version of herself, but she doesn't need to. She may think that she doesn't have a lot, but she has more depth than anyone I've ever met. And she's tenacious and strong, two qualities I love in a woman.

I slowly pushed myself out of bed, sitting on the edge to wake myself up. Cassie and I stayed up late as hell last night, talking about nothing that mattered. We joked, ordered fucking pizza at two in the morning, and watched stand-up comedy.

When I finally got up, I flexed, cracking my neck, and headed to the bathroom to pee and brush my teeth. When I finished, I stepped out of the room and headed downstairs. I ran my hands down my bare chest, hearing the soft music she had playing while cooking.

I take it as if she didn't hear me come down the steps because she had her back toward me, swaying her hips as she rotated the bacon. I noticed she still felt comfortable in my clothes, wearing my boxers and high school graduate t-shirt with her hair in a loose curly bun. I have said this before, and I will continue to, but damn she's beautiful. Even when she wakes up, bare-faced and hair falling in every direction. I thought I wouldn't last with this relationship thing, but I can get used to us, how we are together.

"Smells good in here," I said through a yawn as Cassie jumped, turning to face me. I sent her a sleepy smile, watching her grin, excited to see me awake.

She pushed the fallen strands away from her face and said, "I hope bacon is okay?" I wasn't the biggest fan of breakfast, but I'd take bacon for days. And she seems to know me pretty well.

"What kind of question is that?" I asked, raising my eyebrow before sitting on a stool at my bar. I signaled my finger for her to come to me, but she continued plating breakfast.

"An obvious one," She toned, setting both plates on the counter. "Good morning, sleepyhead."

"Good morning, baby," I replied, keeping my eyes on her. The smile on her face when I called her baby was cute, her face flushed with redness.

Cassie bit a piece of bacon before lifting herself on my lap and dangling her long legs over mine. She wrapped her arms around my neck and tangled her fingers in the nape of my head.

After kissing all over my face and pecking my lips, she said, "Looks like you slept good, yeah?"

"Eh, you have a habit of taking up the whole bed. Gotta make you start sleeping on the floor." I said, playfully flicking the bridge of her nose.

Just like that, she swung off my lap and gasped. "Shut up! I take most of the covers, and you're all over the place. Don't blame this on me." I listened to her crunch on another slice and grabbed her ass as she walked away.

"Nah, I slept good." I swallowed. "What do you have planned today?"

My girlfriend disappeared into the storage closet. "No clue. I might just clean and run errands unless you have something in mind?" She yelled, throwing out ideas for the day. I had nothing planned but small things and work.

I took a while to answer as I finished most of the bacon. "Shit, really. Probably going to work on my portfolio, send some things around, and start getting my training shit back up."

With still no sign of Cassie, she said, "I can help you?"

"Yeah, being a distraction," I quipped. "What are you doing anyway?"

She laughed. "Putting the sheets in the dryer."

"Why, babe? You better eat this bacon before it's gone."

"Because you'll end up forgetting, wash them three times, and then a week later, they'll be done. But I'm coming." Cassie replied. I mean, I do have that problem, and my mom used to get on me about that. I don't forget on purpose, but it was cute that she took it upon herself to finish it.

"Yeah, you said that last night." I laughed at my own stupidity, earning a laugh from her as well.

"Perv." She muttered, making her way back to the kitchen.

"Got it from you," I spat, patting the stool beside me.

~~

It was a slow night at the club. And by slow, I mean, hardly holding a crowd, a few heads at the bar, and employees trying to find ways to occupy themselves. I must have circled the floor ten times since I've been here, and nothing happened. Nothing exciting, at least.

"What does a girl have to do to get a drink around here?" I took my eyes off my phone, eyeing the woman to my left. I paid her no mind, thinking she was talking to someone else. When I looked down, she said, "Yeah, I'm talking to you."

I slipped my phone into my pocket and glanced around. "Go to the bar." I laughed, stating the obvious.

The nameless woman slowly stepped in front of me, twirling her blonde hair. "What if I don't want to?" She replied, bobbing her head to the music the DJ blasted.

"Then you won't get that drink," I said, trying to walk away and mess with Noah when I pointed him out near the dartboard in the back.

She dropped her hands to her blue dress and let out a drastic sigh. "It's called flirting," She rolled her eyes. "I'm Holly." I wasn't interested, and even if I wasn't dating someone, I don't do blondes.

"Lily, the bartender, tell her I sent you," I shrugged, heading towards Noah's bored ass. I couldn't complain. I had been texting Cassie all night. Actually, she's been texting herself, sending me corny-ass memes and jokes because I told her how dead it was tonight. Luckily, she didn't have to work.

When I approached Noah, I annoyingly stood in front of the dartboard to piss him off. "Put your hand up there; I bet I'll get a bullseye." He betted, walking back towards the line after collecting his missed darts.

There was a random board hanging on a closed-door that no one barely used.

I laughed, confidently putting my hand in the center. "And I bet you won't." I spat, not having shit else to do.

"How much you wanna bet?" Noah retracted his hand. I happened to catch a glance of most of the guards heading outside for a smoke, drawing out the rest of the night.

I stalled and clicked my teeth. "I'll be easy on you because I know you don't have aim. But twenty?" I offered

"I'll take it," Noah bobbed his head, leveling with the center. "Don't flinch either."

"Not in my blood. Give me your best shot." I joked as Noah mocked me and threw the dart, missing my finger by half a centimeter. I jerked my hand, shaking it off.

Then, without warning, he threw the second dart right in the center of my hand and hysterically laughed.

"Come on. Last try, let me go again," He chuckled, bending over.

I ripped my hand off the board and shook it. "You got lucky, asshole."

"I'll take that twenty," He boasted, opening the palm of his hand. Damn, I really thought he'd miss.

Instead, I slapped his hand and voiced, "Think of it as payment for all the shit you ate from my apartment."

I waited for Noah's reply, but someone walking down the hall caught my attention. It was Terrence, which threw me off because he's never here at this time. And most of the time, I know when he's going to be working.

"Hey, Terry," Noah joked with his hand out, waiting for Terrence to join, but he kept walking with his nose flared. By the look on his face, he came with an agenda, and I wasn't sure if it was the smartest idea.

I narrowed my eyebrows. "You working tonight?" I asked, trying to get a better idea of what's going on. The last time I spoke to him, he was doing better now that AJ woke up from his coma and started talking again.

"No. I'm looking for Zane," Terrance answered coldly, pushing every door he walked past open.

"What'd he do to you?" Noah asked the same question I had in mind.

I palmed his shoulder, trying to stop him. "Chill out." I slightly raised my voice.

Terrence whipped his neck to look at Noah and me, his chest pumping with anger. "I'm not going to chill out. He got my nephew shot." Fuck. I knew that would come up sooner or later. We thought we were doing the right thing by keeping that from him. That would turn anyone into a mad man.

I shifted my eyes in Noah's direction, catching his eyes before he looked down at the ground, guilty.

When Terrence got to the last door, Zane's office, he yelled, "Move." He tediously banged on the door as Noah and I tried holding him back. One thing I know about Zane is that he doesn't like people coming unannounced. It never ends well, and I still have no clue what Terrence thinks he's going to do.

Instead of listening, Terrence puts up a fight, getting us off of him.

Before I could talk some sense into him, Vince swung the door open, scanning his eyes between the three of us. Terrence is usually the smart one and doesn't do shit like this, but now we're probably all going to get our asses handed to us.

"What do I owe this unannounced pleasure? Zane slyly asked, sitting at his desk. The tension in the air was thin enough to silence me. I could tell by the mess in the office; we were interrupting something.

"We're busy. Get the hell out of here." Ronnie barked, trying to close the door.

Terrence adjusted his roughed-up shirt and clenched his jaw. "I need a word. In private."

Zane laughed and aggressively tapped his fingers on the desk. "Anything you have to say, you can say in front of all of us. We're friends, right, boys?" I laughed under my breath at his comment—friends, my ass.

Zane invited us all in his office without question and had Vince close the door behind him. I stood off to the side, not understanding why the fuck I had to stand here. Then again, Terrence is a close friend of mine, and I'd do whatever I had to.

"Last month, a boy was shot here. My boy, my nephew—AJ." Terrence spoke up, anger in his voice. I just wished he would have talked to us first before coming here like this.

Zane turned his lips and amusingly nodded. "Oh, is that right? I mean, I guess I should know. It's my club, right?" He asked.

"Then you should also know you're the reason he got shot in the first place. That hit was for you!" Terrence stepped forward, but Vince and Ronnie marched near him, exposing their guns to their crotch.

I froze in place, trying to swallow the lump in my throat. What the fuck is happening right now?

Zane slowly stood up, looking around the room while fixing his suit. "Was it? Damn. I didn't know that. Did you, Gael, Noah?" He caught me off guard with his question. I rather tell Terrence without the rest of the crowd breathing down our necks.

Noah slowly blinked, shaking his head as he crossed his arms to his chest. I cleared my throat, slipping my hands inside the pockets of my joggers. This was about to go South.

"I take that as a no," Zane nodded and clicked his teeth. "Where did you hear that barbaric information?" His tone always threw me off because he thinks everything is a joke, using his power to scare people.

"Straight from his mouth," Terrance growled. "And he's never lied to me before."

Zane laughed devilishly, raising his voice. "And did you ever once think that this nephew of yours is a fucking liar? Who would come here to shoot me, Terrence? Maybe your drugged-out nephew got himself shot, huh? Did you ever think about that?"

That was a low blow. I know he's ruthless and doesn't give a damn, but Terrence is just a worried uncle, but Zane doesn't see it that way.

"I can think of a few people who'd want to shoot you; you're looking at one right now," Terrance spat, matching the boss's energy.

"Oh," Zane rolled his neck and pointed at himself. "You want to shoot me? I'd love to see you give me your best try, but make sure that you kill me because I can think of a long list of things to do to you." I felt my heart racing, hoping Terrence would end this, so Zane didn't fucking do anything to him.

"Don't tempt me; it's been a long time coming," Terrance replied, his fist balling behind his back. I clenched my jaw, keeping my head high and my face stuck.

"Vince, do me a favor and give my good friend Terrence here your gun. I'd love to see what he does with it." Zane pointed his finger, laughing as Vince followed his orders. He pushed the gun in Terrence's chest and stepped back. Noah gulped loud enough for the entire room to hear, and I was right behind him. I cracked my fingers, unsure what's about to happen.

Terrence looked at the weapon, getting a feel for it before aiming it between Zane's eyes. My eyes almost popped out of my head. Zane just stood tall, unbothered like he knew Terrence wouldn't pull the trigger.

A big smile creased on his face. "Don't hurt yourself now. Those are grown men toys." Zane snickered.

Terrence deeply inhaled, closed his eyes, and pulled the trigger. I rolled my neck, expecting the worst, but nothing happened. Terrence looked just as confused as I did. With each click, there were no bullets, just clicking noises.

I breathed out, glimpsing at the relief washing from Noah's face. Terrence had a dead look on his face, thinking it was the end for him. I rubbed my forehead, hoping he could get out of this.

"Do what you want to me," Terrance said, dropping the gun to the floor. I followed the weapon with my eyes, stunned.

Zane then pulled out a loaded gun, flashing it around like he was proud. "I don't need permission. But that'll be too easy." He confessed.

"Meeting adjourned," He yelled, noticing everyone in the room speechless. "Oh. One last thing. You're fired. Don't step foot in my club again, or you'll be in the same position as your nephew. But send my love, if you haven't already." He said to Terrence. I felt like shit knowing he was fired, but It was for the best. I would lose my fucking mind if anything happened to Terrence.

"Hell is hot," Terrance boldly said, turning his back.

"I love hot places. That's why I'm in LA."

Before Terrence walked off, he glared at Noah and me, ripping the door open. "Your time is coming." He said before leaving.

Noah finally let out a breath of air as Zane took a seat back in his leather chair. "Be wise, boys. Don't be like your friend there. The outcome is never pretty." Zane roared, waving his hand for us to leave.

Having nothing to say and still shocked, I walked out of his office, and Noah followed.

~~

It was three in the morning when Noah and I got off and went straight to Terrence's house. We couldn't follow after him because we were on the clock, but we wanted to check and make sure he was cool. I didn't take him for the type to blow up on the very person he warns us about, but at least nothing happened but him getting fired.

We had stopped at the store to get candy for the girls because they know we don't come empty-handed. I had bought chocolate for Monae because that's her favorite, and Noah got Skittles for Jada.

Noticing the door unlocked, Noah and I let ourselves into the quiet home, looking for our friend. Like we both had the same thought, we headed straight for the girl's room after not seeing anyone in the house.

The second I busted into the girl's room, Noah excused himself to go to the bathroom with his weak ass bladder.

"Who missed me?" I said as Jada and Monae popped their heads up from under the covers. "Actually, don't answer that; I know you both did. Get over here."

"Mom said we couldn't get out of the bed," Monae gushed, peeking at me with excitement. Jada laughed, throwing a teddy bear at me. She's always been the wild one, wanting to fight every time she sees me.

I blew a raspberry. "Is your mom in here?"

"Hi, Uncle Guy." Jada bounced off the bed and hugged my leg. "Bye, Uncle Guy." She ran out of the room, probably to mess with Noah.

I laughed. "You going to come here or what?"

Giggling, Monae slipped out of bed and ran to me as I put her in the air. "You don't visit me anymore. Why?" She asked.

Once I put her back on her feet, I said, "You don't visit me either." I playfully frowned.

"I don't have a car," She mumbled in a tiny voice.

"What if I buy you one?" I shrugged, twisting my lips.

Monae jumped up with so much energy. "I want a pink car tomorrow."

"Well, I got you a present today."

"What is it?" She asked.

I shrugged, playing dumb. "I don't know. Get it out of my hoodie pocket." Once I said that she stuck her hands in my pocket, pulling out the Hershey's candy bar. She batted her eyelashes, hugging me.

She parted her lips to speak, but Noah walked in with Jada in his arms, catching both of our attention. When he put her down, she threw him a ball as he dunked it in the hoop on the door.

"No-ee," Monae greeted him, louder than I thought.

"I thought I said it was time for bed," Kenya gritted through the door before opening it. "Oh, I see. Noah and Gael, when you have kids of your own, you'll understand. It is three in the morning and well past their bedtime." She stomped in the room, gracing us with her presence. She seemed exhausted like she had a long night, and I don't blame her.

I shrugged, fanning out my hands. "Who still has bedtimes?"

"Sheesh, mom, we were just playing," Noah mumbled, still messing with Jada.

"Three and six-year-olds. And you can play all you want during normal hours of the day." Kenya voiced. "Get in bed, girls." Her strong, toned voice echoed throughout the decorated room.

"Good night, Uncle Guy, good night, Uncle no-ee," The girls said in unison as they jumped in bed, pulling up the covers.

"Night monster," I said, tucking Monae in and hiding her chocolate under the pillow.

Once Kenya kicked us out and closed the door, she asked, "Okay. What do you want?" Her dark eyes gestured between the both of us.

"We came for Terrance. Is he okay?" Noah spoke up.

Kenya rolled her eyes. "He's drunk as fuck, outside somewhere."

"Outside? I didn't see him when I pulled up." I said.

"He's been going back and forth between the backyard and the front porch," Kenya answered, crossing her arms to her chest. Terrence must've brought his rage home because his wife didn't seem too happy.

"We need to talk to him," Noah remarked.

Kenya opened her arms. "Come on." Noah and I followed her outside to the porch, closing the door behind her. To my surprise, Terrence made his way back to the patio, drunk as hell with a bottle of Crown in his hands.

"Kenya, why'd you let these two white boys in my house?" He hung over the steps and hiccupped after giving us a dirty look. I should know that drunks say fucked up shit just because....well, they're drunk. Don't take it to heart.

Kenya sighed and annoyingly shook her head at her husband's state. "I should be asking you why you left the door open. We don't do that."

I tried reaching for the cup in his hands, but he pushed away, spilling some of his drink in the process. "You shouldn't be drinking like that." I huffed, poking my tongue to my cheek.

"Gael? I don't work for you; I work for Zane—well, used to. Honey, I got fired." He raised his glass, thinking it was a joke.

Kenya rolled her neck, sucking in her cheeks. "Fired? And you're just now telling me this?"

"No, you don't work for this white boy, but I do know that drinking ain't getting you nowhere." I spat, trying to allow myself to remain calm. I hate seeing him like this.

"Look, we just came to see if you're alright. That was a little intense," Noah added.

"Better question is, is my nephew alright? He's the one that got shot fucking with The goddamn Playroom." Terrance ranted, beating his eyes at Noah.

"But why dwell on it, babe? AJ is fine, and we'll always make sure of that." Kenya tried diffusing the situation.

I sighed. "I think it's smart just to stay away from all of that. Including Zane."

Terrence wobbled, trying to get in our faces. "I'll be okay when that motherfucker is dead. My nephew got shot, and he told me in that hospital bed that it's Zane's fault." He paused before continuing. "Did y'all know?"

I knew that was coming, and I knew we had to tell him at some point. I lifted my eyes at Noah, and he nodded, basically giving me the okay to confess to what we heard that night.

"Uh, we heard something like that," I mumbled under my breath.

"You heard something like that?" Terrance hastily repeated, dramatically letting the bottle sip through his fingers and shatter on the porch before walking off.

"We didn't think it was necessary to tell you. You were already pissed off, and so were we." I deeply swallowed, speaking loud enough for him to hear.

Instead of saying anything back, he waved us off and walked back into the house.

Noah hung his head. "Sorry, Kenya."

Kenya breathed out and dropped her hands. "Don't be. He just needs space to really get himself together. Since AJ, he's been off, and I don't blame him, but it's affecting all of us. I'll take care of him."

After processing her words, we hugged her and headed to the driveway. Terrence weighed heavily on my mind and the thought of what he might do. He said some intense things to Zane, and I had a bad feeling. I know Zane doesn't let people off without a scratch, and that's why I want him to get away from this.

I sat on my bike as Noah stood by the door of his Hummer. "What do you think is gonna happen?" He asked.

Dumfounded, I said, "Hopefully, Terrence lays low and doesn't do something stupid."

I remained stuck in place, overthinking myself into anger. All I wanted to do was go home to my girl, forgetting about this fucked up day.

And that's what I did. 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

13.2K 197 50
"Laila, calm down", Zane said stepping forward. I turned to him, tears building up as I stared at him. "Calm down? CALM DOWN?! Do you know how much h...
540 20 13
"I could never get her out of my head, no matter how hard I tried. I could never move on with my life. I fought, and I fought, but it was pointless...
1.2M 48.7K 63
{18+ COLLEGE ROMANCE COMPLETED} What sucks more than being rejected by the girl of your dreams? Finding out afterward that she's moving in with you...
120K 5.6K 46
Warning: Mature Content. Outside, it was cold and breezy, with those familiar night stars that twinkled above us years ago. We walked side by side al...