Bechloe Oneshots

By yellowbagpackgirl

Oneshots that will usually be based off from a song so if you have a song in mind, do not hesitate to let me... More

Song 2 You
Curious
That Should Be Me
Secret Love Song
Break Up in a Small Town
Ex to See
Jealous
Valentines day
Author's Note
I Quit Drinking
My Last Will
Roll over, baby..

Break Up In A Small Town II

206 9 3
By yellowbagpackgirl

It's been three years since the wedding that shattered Beca's heart into pieces. It's been three years since she gave her promise ring back to the rightful owner. It's been three years since she went home.
It's been about almost two years when she met Blair, a popular designer. They met during a gala hosted by Beca's label. Since Beca was all famous now, Theo made her attend because it will look good on her and on her management.

It's been a year and half now and Beca and  Blair totally hit it off and started dating. Both of them did not want labels and they were fine with that. Beca told Blair about her past and to her surprise, Blair had the same experience when her ex, Jessica, married Blair's bestfriend, Link.
What a coincidence they both thought. It's probably one reason they get along really well.
They were happy with their "relationship" and things were going along just fine.

It's been two and half years since Chicago called her to tell her that he joined the army and was assigned to go to Afghanistan. He said it's his dream to be in the army. Beca asked how about Chloe. He said they talked about it and Chloe supports him.
Of course deep down Beca knew what Chloe really felt. The redhead did not like being alone. So Beca called Stacie to check on Chloe.
Stacie said she looks happy. But her blue eyes dont seem to sparkle anymore.
Beca felt sorry for her. Here she was, having another person she loved leave her again. 

Chicago left for six months and came back and Chloe could not have been happier. Chicago was stationed an hour away from their hometown but it's still better than him going overseas. 
After a year, Chicago was called to the base and was chosen to lead a task force which means promotion, which means he had to go back to Afghanistan in a month. 
Chloe knowing that her husband was excellent in his job, accepted her fate and supported him. 
It's been almost a month since he talked to Chicago. He warned her about his because his location overseas was classified. 

Until the day the Chloe received the phone call...

It's been three days since Beca got the tragic news she thought she'll never get. Her dad called her and said to come home as soon as she can. Chicago had been part of a convoy that was ambushed by the enemy camp. There were no survivors according to the general's report. The bodies of the soldiers were to return in two days. 

When Beca heard the news, all that she can think about was Chloe. Her heart sank for her and for his best friend. The last time they talked was when he enlisted in the army. The last time she and Chloe talked was three years ago at their wedding. 

"Yes dad. I got Theo to book my flight. I'll be there first thing in the morning.." Beca said, her phone pinned between her ear and her shoulder as she talked to her dad. 

"Did you call Chloe yet?" Francis asked. 
"Not yet. I'll call her tomorrow. Maybe.." Beca replied. 
"Okay. She needs all the support she can get.. Especially now that Chicago's gone.." he said. 
"What do you mean, dad?" Beca inquired. 
"You'll see.. I'll get going now.. See you tomorrow, Beca. Let me know when you land okay?" 
"Always, dad. See you.."  Beca hanged up and toss her phone on the bed. 

"Hey, babe! You all packed up?" Blair said, exiting the bathroom, who just finished taking a shower. 
"Um. Yeah, almost done. Are you sure you can't come with me? It's a good chance to introduce you to my family and friends.." Beca said as she walked towards the blonde, wrapping her hands around her waist and kissing her neck. 
"As much as I want to go with you, I can't. We have back to back meetings for the fashion week" Blair said as she put her hands on the brunette's shoulders. 
"And you know how particular I get when it comes to that..." she added.
"I know, i know.." Beca chuckled. "if you change your mind tho, let me know, okay? 
"of course, baby.." 
Blair went in to Beca's closet and got dressed. She came out, seeing Beca out in the balcony, with her phone on one hand and a glass of her favourite golden liquid, whisky.

"You okay there, Becs?" Blair asked as she wrapped a robe around her waist.
"I still can't believe my best friend's gone. It was like yesterday when we met.." Beca sighed. Looking up towards the Los Angeles coastline, she reminisced some memories she and Chicago had along with some of their friends. And of course, she can't help it but to think of Chloe too. She wanted to call her, but she's too nervous about it and frankly, she did not know what to say. After all, she hasn't talked to her since their wedding. 
"I haven't met him but from what I heard from your stories, he's a really great guy" Blair said, trying to comfort her girlfriend. 
"He was. He's the brother I never had." Beca replied. 
"I wish I could've met him.." Blair said as she wrapped her hands around Beca's waist. 
Beca leaned into the hug, getting warm as she turned around and hugged Blair back, 
"He would have loved you, babe.." Beca muttered.
"Let's go back inside. It's getting a little chilly and your flight's in the morning" Blair said, dragging the brunette inside the room. 

------

Arriving at the Atlanta airport, Beca could not help but to feel nostalgic as three years ago, she was here at the same place for the wedding, and now, still in shock and disbelief, she's back here again for the funeral.

She walked to the car rental place to pick up the Jeep she had Theo reserved and went straight to her hometown. After an hour, she arrived at her dad's house and was greeted by Francis and Sheila. Offering her to rest first, Beca refused. She wanted to check up on Chloe. As per Stacie's last news about the redhead, Chloe's been staying in their house the whole time. She won't leave the house unless necessary which was rare. Stacie said that she would have to sometimes drop off groceries and meals for her. Beca took it upon herself to check Chloe so she stopped at their local grocery store, picked up some of the redhead's favorite comfort food, and flowers. She drove to the house Chicago got for him and Chloe. 

Beca knocked on the door and was surprised with what she saw. 
Standing there was Chloe.

 A seven months pregnant Chloe. 

"Beca? When did you get here?" Chloe asked, her right hand on her belly. 
"I, uhm. This morning. I.. I got  you flowers and some groceries.. Stacie said you don't leave the house at all.." Beca replied, her eyes glued to the belly. 
"You didn't have to.. I still got some food left from Stacie.." she responded. 
She noticed Beca's eyes were focused on her belly. 
She didn't know what to say or do. 
It's been three years since they saw each other. She tried reaching out but never got a reply from the brunette. 
Eventually, she stopped texting her except on holidays and special occasions. She was going to tell her that she and Chicago were expecting but was not sure if that was a good idea so she never did. 
And here they are, facing each other. 
Chloe cleared her throat and that made Beca come back to reality. 

"I would say congratulations, but uh. you know, with what's happening and all.." Beca said as she scratched the back of her neck. 
"It's okay. And thank you.." Chloe replied with a small smile. "Do you like to come in?" she asked. 
Beca was still trying to process that Chloe is pregnant. She wanted to stay but in between the shock and the tiredness from the flight, she refused. 
"It's okay, Chlo. I'll come back tomorrow. I just got here hours ago and I think the exhaustion is finally getting into me.." she said with a nervous laugh. 
"Of course. Um, thank you for all of these, Becs. I really appreciate it. Like a lot.." Chloe said, giving Beca her signature smile. 
Even though she's smiling, Beca can see the hurt in her blue eyes. They weren't sparkly anymore. The twinkle in her eyes is gone. And Beca knows Chloe had been through a lot the past few weeks. 
"Rest up okay? And I know it's inappropriate or something, but don't stress yourself out okay?.. I'm here for you, Chlo. I'm here now.. " Beca said offering her hand but instead, the redhead pulled her into a tight hug. 
Beca let herself sink in the hug. It feels like home. Chloe is home. 
"Thank you, Beca.. " Chloe whispered but loud enough that the smaller woman can hear. 
Beca wanted to break the hug but then she thought Chloe needed it so she didn't let go until Chloe did. 
"You still have my number?" Beca asked when both took a step back from the hug. 
"Of course. Unless you changed it because I did not get any replies.." Chloe said laughing.. 
Beca's smile slowly faded. She meant to text back but she was still healing and moving on. 
Chloe noticed it and decided to save Beca from embarrassment. 
"Hey. It's okay.. Don't worry about it. You're here now aren't you?" Chloe said, smiling genuinely. 
Beca let out a nervous laugh.. "Yeah it's still the same number.. Call me anytime if you need anything okay? Like I don't care what time is it. Just call me and - " 
Chloe cut her off by saying "I know, i know.. Now go home, get some rest. We have a long day tomorrow because you're driving me now that you're here.. " 
"Tomorrow is?" Beca inquired. 
"We're going to the VA. To collect Chicago's things I think. Stacie and Luke were supposed to go with me but now that you're here, i figured you and I go since Chic's basically your brother.. If that's okay with you.. Chloe said. 
"Oh. Okay, for sure.. Send me the details and I'll pick you up tomorrow.." Beca replied. 
"Thank you.. now you can go home. I can see the bags under your eyes are heavier than my belly" Chloe laughed. 
"haha. very funny. I worked hard for these bags" Beca replied laughing.. 
"See you tomorrow, Becs.." 
"See ya, Chloe.." 

___________________

"She's pregnant?! And you didn't tell me?" Beca asked as she plopped herself on her bed, holding her phone by her ear. 
"She said she was going to tell you. It's not my place to tell you. You know that" Stacie replied on the other line. 
"Still.. I should have known.." Beca said. 
"Well, you kinda did not respond to any of her texts in the past three years.. " Stacie pointed out. 
"I know, I know.. I was an ass" Beca said as she rubbed her temple. 
"Yeah you were. But you can still make it up to her.. I got her text saying you're going to drive her to the VA tomorrow.." Stacie said. 
"Yeah, I kinda figured why not. Since she's collecting Chic's stuff.. " 
"The drive's about an hour because the office is outside of town. That's a good time to catch up.." 
"what am I going to tell her? "Hey Chloe, sorry for being an ass for the past three years. Sorry I made you cry on your wedding day?" Beca asked. 
"Just be you, Beca. Not the famous Beca Mitchell. Just be the Beca we knew back here. She'll love that.." 
"Ughhh. Fine.. I'll be that Beca.. " 
"okay. good. I have to go. Your goddaughter's putting makeup on Luke. And it's a mess.." 
"HAHA! okay. Say hi to Luke and give Bella a kiss for me.." 
"I'll tell him and I'll tell Bella you're here.. That kid adores you.." 
"Of course. She's going to be a badass like me.." 
"Oh whatever. Bye Mitchell."
"Bye, legs.." 

The next day..

Beca woke up around 6 am to get herself ready. Chloe texted her around dinner time that the VA was expecting them around 11 AM. The drive was about an hour away so BEca figured if they can leave around 9 am just to be sure that they won't get stuck in traffic or any potential incidents. 
By 7:30, she was ready so she made her way down to the kitchen and prepared a batch of freshly brewed coffee since her dad and stepmom are working too. 

She texted Chloe telling her that she's on her way. There houses used to be five minutes away from each but since Chicago got a house for the family, the drive takes about twenty minutes as it was on the other side of town. 
Arriving at Chloe's, Beca made sure that Chloe can be comfortable inside the Jeep. She knew it might be too high for the pregnant woman to step up so she brought a step stool just in case. She rang the doorbell and waited for Chloe to come out. 
After a few minutes, Chloe came out wearing a black semi-formal dress and ballet shoes. Good thing Beca managed to pack a blazer and some boots just in case she needed to present herself" professionally. 

"Looking good, Becs.." Chloe said as she walked towards the Jeep with Beca behind her. 
"Eh.. I try to look decent" Beca laughed nervously. 
She rushed to the Jeep and opened the front passenger for Chloe, but the redhead stopped with her eyebrows raised. 
"Um. Beca, I - uh.. it's too high.." Chloe chuckled. 
"I know. That's why I brought this.." Beca said as she reached for the step stool. 
"I was thinking if we can bring my car. It's nothing fancy as yours but it's lower.." Chloe laughed. 
"-and it has the military sticker so we won't get stuck when were passing the gate and security.. it's like a badge letting them know that we are clear.." she added. 
"For sure, for sure. No worries. I'll just grab my stuff.." Beca said as she jogged to the other side of the Jeep and took her bag and a duffel bag with her..
"Going somewhere, Becs?" Chloe asked, referring to the duffel bag. 
"Oh nowhere. These are my emergency clothes. You know. you'll never know.." she said as she toss the bag in the trunk of Chloe's Toyota Camry. 
Beca made her way to the driver's side and took Chloe's keys from her. 
"hey! I wanted to drive.." Chloe whined. 
"Not on my watch, missy. I'll drive. I don't want you or Chicago junior to be tired." Beca said as she grabbed Chloe's hand and led her to the passenger side and opened the door for her. 
"Fineeeeeee.." Chloe said as she went and sat inside
Beca shut the door and immediately went to the driver's side and started the car. 
"You ready?" Beca asked, putting her right hand on the gear. 
"Yeah. Let's go" Chloe replied. "Oh and Becs, the baby's actually a mini Chloe.." she said smiling.. 

________ 

An hour passed and thank God there were no accidents or traffic so they made it into the VA a little early. The guards at the gate asked for their IDs and inspected the car. Noticing the military sticker, they were cleared in less than ten minutes. 

They made their way straight to the building that was addressed on the letter Chloe received not too long ago. They were greeted by Major Hunt who Chloe remembered was Chicago's boss. 
"You must be Mrs. Walp.." the soldier said, offering his hand. 
"Yes. But you can call me Chloe.." Chloe replied shaking his hand. 
"And you must be the famous Beca Mitchell, ma'am" he said offering his hand to Beca as well. 
"Well, I wouldn't say famous.." Beca chuckled as she shook the man's hand. 
"Chicago would always brag about how his bestfriend was a superstar. We didn't believed him until he showed us a high school photo" he said.
"Of course he would do that.." Beca laughed nervously. 

"This way, ladies.." Major Hunt said as he used his hand to gesture to his office. 
The two ladies followed and entered the room and saw two boxes labeled "Lt. Walp". 
Seeing this, Chloe stopped by the door and tears began to fill her eyes. Beca noticed it and immediately took Chloe's hand and offered her to sit.  Major Hunt noticed it too and offered a box of tissues.

"I'm sorry. I told myself I won't cry in here.." Chloe said as she wiped the tears with tissues. 
"It's alright ma'am. We're human. Emotions are part of us" Maj. Hunt said. 
"You know, Lieutenant Walp talked about you all the time. He would always tell stories of you guys in high school.." he continued. 

They continued to share stories about Chicago and about an hour later, Major Hunt told them that he needed to go into another meeting. 

"I will see you, ladies, at the funeral.." Major Hunt said after he offered his condolences. 
He had one of the soldiers helped the two women into their car because Beca could carry two boxes and insisted that Chloe should just let her do it. 

Chloe was quiet on the way back from the VA's office. Beca noticed she still had tears in her eyes so she decided to stop at a local park she saw earlier on the day. 

"Why are we stopping?" Chloe asked as she saw Beca took her seatbelt off and turned the engine off. 
"Figured you might need some fresh air. And you know, to process all of these, I guess.." Beca said. 
"We don't have to. You're probably tired and all. We can just-" 
"Chloe. It's okay. You and I know we both need this before the funeral." Beca said as she took hold of Chloe's hands.. 
Chloe sighed and nodded her head. 
"Okay. Let's go.." 

They were walking around the park for about half an hour when Chloe felt the need to sit because her feet are killing her. 
They sat down on a bench by the lake. It was quiet with a few kids shouting at a distance in a playground.. 
It was so quiet until Chloe decided to talk. 
"So.. You and Blair Helms, huh?" she asked, without looking at Beca. 
Beca surprised at the question suddenly became nervous.
"Uh yeah. Almost two years now.." she replied nervously. 
"That's great. I love her work. I follow her on social media.." Chloe said as she automatically reached for the ring on her necklace and fumbled with it. 

Beca noticed the action and took a glimpse of Chloe and saw the ring that she left with her on their wedding day. She was going to ask why she still wears it but decided that now is not the time to talk about their issues. Chloe was already under so much stress.

"So uh.. Do you have a name for mini Chloe yet?" Beca said, changing the topic. 
"Yes. Chicago wanted three names but I managed to convince him to narrow it down to two names. Three is a lot for a kid.." Chloe said giggling. 
"Sooo. what is it?" Beca inquired. 
"Charlotte Blake.. but we'll call her Charlie"
"Wow. That's a really beautiful name. " Beca said. 
Beca noticed Chloe getting cold so she offered to go back to the car and grab some food on the way back.
"is the diner still here?" Beca asked as she exited the parking lot of the park. 
"Sure is. they are open 24 hours now.." Chloe replied 
"No way! Can we go there? My treat!" Beca excitingly said.
"It was always your treat, Becs" Chloe replied laughing. 

They went to the diner and the owner recognized the two immediately. When they were in high school, they would always eat at the diner after school or during the weekends. The owner even offered them free food but Beca insisted on paying for it since she's all about supporting local businesses. 
Beca ordered her usual cheeseburger with fries and her chocolate milkshake while Chloe ordered the turkey sandwich with iced tea. 
"Dessert?" Beca asked after she demolished her burger and milkshake. 
"Banana cream pie?" Chloe said.
"It's like reading you're reading my mind.."  Beca said as she stood up to go to the counter to get the pie.
"Well, I guess something's never change..." Chloe sighed.
"what was that?" Beca turned around.
"I didn't say anything.." Chloe smiled... 
"Okaay. One banana cream pie, coming up!" Beca said leaving Chloe giggling and shaking her head. 

Beca stopped infront of Chloe's house and put the car into park. She was so grateful that she got to spend some time with Chloe, but she knew there's still a much-needed conversation to be done. She helped Chloe with the boxes and for the first time, she was inside the Walp's house. It was simple but very clean and modern. Everything has a touch of white which made the house look so clean and bright. She set the boxes in the kitchen and was about to leave. 

"So I got everything out of the trunk. I'll see you tomorrow?" Beca said as she made her way to the door with Chloe trailing behind her. 

"Thank you for today, Beca. It was nice spending today with you.." Chloe said, rubbing her belly. 

"Don't worry about it. I told you I'm here now and I'll be there when you need me.." Beca said. 

"Do you want to stay over? It's really late and we both looked tired.. It's been a long day.."  Chloe offered. 

Beca wanted to say no but the thought of leaving Chloe alone with Chicago's things made her worry that something might happen. 

"Sure. If that's okay.. I can crash on the couch.." Beca said, motioning on the couch.. 

"Don't be silly.. There's a guest room down the hall, well, its a nursery but there's still a bed.." 

"sounds good to me. I'll grab my duffel bag then. I need to change into some clean clothes.." Beca said as she opened the door .

She went out and stopped by Chloe's car when she took her phone out and texted her dad and Stacie that she'll stay at Chloe's for the night to keep her company. Only Stacie responded with "do what you need to do.." 

She grabbed her bag and went inside. Chloe showed her the room and gave her a towel so she can shower and change into some comfortable clothes. After that, Beca felt refreshed. She went out of the guest room and into the kitchen for a glass of water when she saw Chloe sitting on the kitchen table with Chicago's things. 

"You alright, Chlo?" Beca asked as she took a sip of water. 
"Uh yes. I'm just looking.. I found a letter from Chicago.." she said. 
"okay. well, I'm in the guest room if you need me, okay?" 
Chloe did not respond but Beca saw her nod her head. 
She was hesitant to sit by Chloe but she knew she had to be not there this time. It's an intimate moment for Chloe to be going through Chicago's things.. 

When Beca left, Chloe continued to go through Chicago's box and found a letter. It was for her. Taking a deep breath, she began to read it.. 

"To my Chloe, 

I miss you so much. Like seriously, you have no idea how much I want to kiss you and hug you and cuddle with you. I can't wait for little Charlie to be born. Tell her that daddy's being a hero and saving the world. Tell her that I love her and she's going to be a wonderful little lady just like her mom. 

Chlo, I don't know how to tell you this but Major Hunt made us all write letters to our loved ones. Just in case you know, something happens. Were assigned to a special ops mission and it is dangerous. Hopefully, I will come home to you. But just in case, I need you to listen to me, okay?"

Call Beca. I know Stacie and her still talk to each other because Beca is Bella's godmother. She knows about all the texts and she never responded because she's still healing. She still loves you, Chloe. I went to her studio when I got back from my first mission without telling you. I wanted to talk to her and clear things out for you guys. She's still my best friend after all. 
She told me that she still loves you and she's still hurting but she's happy for us. That's why she's not responding to your texts. 

If somehow, I won't survive the mission, tell her how you really feel. I know you still love her too. She's your first love. I know I have a special place in your heart but so is Beca. It will always be Beca. I'm not angry or anything, but if I die, I want you to be happy. I hope you and Beca will get together. I want her to raise my baby. I want her to make you happy. I can see it in your eyes whenever I'm home and you text her or when she comes up on the news. I know what love looks like because I saw you and Beca look like that before. I'm giving you my blessing, Chloe. Always remember that I love you and Charlie. Tell Beca I love her too and she will always be the sister that I never had. Be happy for me Chloe.. 

Love, Chicago. "

----

To be continued... 

A/N: Hey guys. I know it's been too long but I finally graduated from university! What a relief! Anyway, I have enough time now to write stories which I really like doing.. Hopefully I'll make it up to you guys. Enjoy! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.6K 110 25
Supernatural One Shots of all kind. That's all folks xD
205K 1.5K 19
Just a collection of short(ish) stories for all you bechloe shippers out there 🌈❤🌈(pretty much every chapter contains smut)
23.8K 267 29
These are mostly Puckabrina