Will you be my Princess?

By shusumaon

"There's no way I'm marrying him!" "Do you think I want this either?" Lyrica is a regular 17-year old high sc... More

Prologue: The Garden
Chapter 1: The Golden Rose
Chapter 2: Her History
Chapter 3: His Visit
Chapter 4: First Date?
Chapter 5: Tournament of Troubles
Chapter 6: Into the Night
Chapter 7: City Night Lights
Character Profile: Lyrica
Chapter 8: Above the Skies
Chapter 9: The Prince's Estate
Chapter 10: To be a Princess
Chapter 11: Downtown Valentino
Chapter 12: Facing Each Other
Character Profile: Cassien
Chapter 13: Ballroom Dancing
Chapter 14: Tea Party Conflict
Chapter 15: Post-Meeting
Chapter 16: House of Castillo
Chapter 17: Their Story
Character Profile: Ryan
Chapter 18: At the Palace
Chapter 19: Dinner with the Valentinos
Chapter 20: A Day Out
Chapter 21: Bottled Up
Character Profile: Peter
Chapter 22: D-Day
Chapter 23: Her Debut
Chapter 24: The Meaning of the Rose
Character Profile: Aubrey
Chapter 25: After Party
Chapter 26: What Happened?
Chapter 27: Christmas Banquet
Chapter 28: Poisoned
Character Profile: Grey
Chapter 29: A Child's Game
Chapter 30: The Cure
Chapter 31: Awake
Character Profile: Lucia
Chapter 32: The Auction
Chapter 33: Peter's Past
Chapter 34: Story of the Brothers
Chapter 35: The Council
Chapter 36: The Other Girl
Character Profile: Jeremiah
Chapter 37: At the Other Side
Chapter 38: Confession Not Easy
Chapter 40: To my Sister
Character Profile: Ava
Chapter 41: A Shocking Encounter
Chapter 42: Acceptance
Chapter 43: A Child's Laughter
Chapter 44: Drunken Truth
Chapter 45: The Banquet
Chapter 46: Aubrey
Chapter 47: I Miss You
Chapter 48: Past Memories
Chapter 49: Stories Before the Storm
Authors Note 1
Chapter 50: Preperation
Chapter 51: Her Entrance
Chapter 52: Revelations
Chapter 53: Connecting the Dots
Chapter 54: The Beginnings
Authors note 2: Ending is Near!
Chapter 55: Under the Stars
Chapter 56: All that was Lost
Chapter 57: Ever After [END]
Extras; the making of the story
About the Author/Updates
Will you be my Princess 2

Chapter 39: Visiting

357 11 2
By shusumaon

"W-Why are you calling me?" Lyrica had fear in her tone of voice when she heard the Duke. This was someone who tried to kill her and even murdered her parents, why would he want to call her, "How did you even get my number!"

"A good afternoon would've done. Look..." he changed his tone into a serious tone, "In a few hours it seems like the Prince is going to announce the case on me."

"Okay so why are you telling me this? You want me to watch it? I would never watch it because I'm done with Valentino."

"I'm trying to tell you to save the Castillo House." He said in a firm tone.

"Why? What do you mean by that?"

"The news is going to create a buzz within Valentino. Many of the citizens are going to be angry about the case especially because of all the money that was embezzled. Honestly speaking I never wanted this to happen."

"But you still did it, why not just turn yourself in and just—"

"If only it were so easy. Me telling you this I'm going to get into trouble already. I need you to go back to Valentino and I want you to have your inheritance at your Debut. You need to go back to—"

"Aren't you just throwing your problems at my face!" Lyrica exclaimed, "I'm not a garbage can, you can just do this to me. I never want to go back to Valentino and I made that final."

"If you don't go back the House will fall. I shouldn't have stolen what your parents had given to you years ago. Now, I'm trying to repent for this actions I've done. I've lived a sinful life, but the last thing I want to see is how I had screwed it up for my parents and for my family."

Lyrica didn't know how to respond to what he just said. She was still filled with an amount of hate for Valentino, but after hearing him she felt slightly different. If she goes back she would have to face all the problems that had been caused because of her uncle, but if she didn't go back her whole family's House would be ruined.

"You don't have to do it if you want to. But, I'm sure Eric is looking at me up there hoping I would do something about this situation...I know my wife and Vivian have been away from the spotlight. My parents are also stressed out...Think about it, whatever choice you make is the one that will guide you to the next step."

"W-Wait!" She tried to stop him from hanging up, but he ended the call. Lyrica squatted down on the floor and she hid her face. All of this was overwhelming her and she had no clue how to move forward with what her Uncle said to her.

"Lyrica?"

Lyrica turned her head around and saw Ryan standing in front of her.

"Ryan?" Lyrica got up from the ground, "Is Alice's match over?"

"Yea she just won."

"She won!" Lyrica said surprised, "We should celebrate...Beating Mission's JV team is a huge accomplishment."

"Alice did say she wanted us to treat her out again." He joked, "But, why were you out here? We were all looking for you."

"I just had a phone call with someone...An old family member of mine. But, hey let's go back inside." She smiled at him.

"Alright." Ryan walked behind her, but also felt concerned for her. From what he saw it didn't look like she was doing okay.

A few days later like what the Duke said the news had gotten out about the controversy. Featured on the news was Cassien's plan on giving back. During those days Lyrica skipped out on school because she didn't want to be in the spotlight. She spent her time at home doing homework in her room. Her Aunt was okay with it and would make her lunch while she did her work.

Lyrica was taking a break when she looked over at the corner of the room. She still hadn't unpacked some of the souvenirs from Valentino. Lyrica walked over to the corner and unzipped the bag. When she did her mother's jewelry box had fallen on its side, she almost forgot it was in there. She picked it up, and noticed something on it. There was a tiny keyhole behind the front of the jewelry box. Then, Lyrica remembered the key her grandmother had given her. She looked through the bag to find it and she found it in a little pocket inside the bag. Lyrica held the key and placed it inside the keyhole, she turned it once and heard a sound.

Click

When she tried to remove the key it revealed a hidden compartment like a cupboard and she opened it. Inside was a small diary and she picked it up. It was red leather and inside were a couple of loose papers and photos. When she opened it a photo fell onto the ground and she picked it up. The photo was a picture of her mother and father when they were younger, it seemed like a banquet because they were dressed in fancy clothes. Lyrica opened the first page of the diary and read it in her head.

It's my first day in Valentino. I'm excited because I get to live with Eric. It's really beautiful in his home and I when I first visited I loved spending everyday with him. Maybe he will ask me to marry him? Haha, luckily I got a job as a freelance artist for royals because he connected me to some. But, I kind of want to do more. Maybe I'll figure it out in the future.

Lyrica flipped through more pages to see what else her mother wrote.

I haven't told Eric that I'm pregnant yet. I wonder how he will feel? I'm a few weeks in and I'm really excited. I hope he feels the same way, he's always been wanting a child. Specifically a daughter, he really wants to spoil her. I wonder if they will have the same eyes as Eric?

Lyrica kept flipping through the pages when she noticed at the end of the diary there was a pocket. Inside the pocket were a handful of letters. She picked the first one she saw first and decided to read it.

I wished it never ended this way between me and you. I thought you had gotten over what had happened, but you didn't. It shouldn't have turned this way. I had hoped you wouldn't have brought her into it either, but you did. Please just leave my family alone and take care of your own before you break it for yourself.

Lyrica wanted to read more of the letter, but she heard a knock on her door.

"Come in."

It was her aunt and she had a plate off food for her.

"What you up to?" She asked.

"It's nothing I just was reading some homework." Lyrica threw the diary and it's paper back in the bag and went over to sit on her chair.

"You feeling any better?" She put the plate of food on her desk.

"I kind of do...I think I'll be ready to go back tomorrow."

"Don't push yourself if you don't want to. Your teachers said it's fine if you need to stay home still."

"It's fine I think I need to go back one day, I can't just run away from this."

"Okay, well keep up the word alright. Dinner will be ready in a few hours."

Her Aunt left the room and Lyrica looked back at the diary. That letter she had just read revealed something that made Lyrica think for a bit.

- the next day at the airport -

"Alright Jeremiah thanks for sending me the schedule. I'll be taking a little detour, but don't tell Sien about this. It should be the last thing he finds out about." Peter hanged up the phone and removed his sunglasses, "Alright Lyrica let's try to bring you back."

- at school -

"Lyrica said she would be coming back today." Lucia looked at the text message she had gotten from Lyrica on her phone.

"She did? That's good...I was starting to get worried." Ryan said to Lucia, "I just hope that everyone in this class can keep it down." He looked at everyone.

The past few days their classmates had been talking about the controversy that happened in Valentino. But, some had also been talking about the Prince for taking initiative on the situation. There were also news about the House of Castillo and how it had been negatively impacted by these events as the public started to rage against them.

Then came the news of Ariana and Cassien's engagement. The crowd went wild in Valentino, many people were supportive of it and in fact had pictured them as the ideal Emperor and Empress. One after another each news article piled like a snowball. It was a long week for everyone.

Lucia looked over to the door and saw Lyrica walk in.

"Lyrica!" Lucia had a big smile on her face to greet her and waved to her to come sit next to her.

"Hey." Lyrica placed her bag on the ground and looked at Lucia. She was scared to look elsewhere because she didn't want to see the faces of everyone.

"It's okay, we're here." Ryan reassured her.

"I know...I'm fine."

The bell rang and it was time for class to start. Ms. Hazel walked up to the front of the class to start her daily announcements.

"Everyone should have read the page on The Modest Proposal. Today we will be going over the first few pages and I want to hear everyone's answers to each question." She announced.

Knock knock

Everyone's attention went towards the door. While everyone was getting their homework out Ms. Hazel walked towards the door to open it.

"You are?" Ms. Hazel didn't recognize the person and looked at them weirdly. She looked at their shirt to see if they had a visiting pass or some sort of identification, but they didn't, "Who are you?"

"Oh my gosh!"

"No way!"

"It's him! The Prince!"

Lyrica's heart dropped immediately when she heard the word Prince. She almost felt like she was going to physically drop onto the floor. She didn't want to turn towards the door, but instead froze like a popsicle.

"My name is Peter Valentino, I'm here looking for Lyrica Castillo."

"R-Right! Your highness I'm sorry I did not recognize you. I didn't even realize the first Prince had a brother."

"Yea everyone seemed to forgot about me." Peter looked around the room and saw Lyrica sitting on her desk, "Hey Lyrica!" He called her out, "Let's chat real quick!"

Lyrica didn't expect it to be Peter so she looked towards where he was standing, but she felt nervous about talking to him.

"If you don't want to do it, don't." Ryan said to her.

Lyrica looked at Ryan reluctantly, but looked over toPeter who was greeting her with a warm smile.

"I'll be okay." She got up from her desk and walked outside.

Peter walked out with her. Lyrica kept walking further from the classroom so no one could hear them, she also wanted to go to a quiet place.

"Where we going?"

"Somewhere quiet..." she led him to a table and decided to sit down on it.

"Hm so this is a table from the states. It's a bit shabby isn't it? Metal table?"

"I guess you could say that...Peter why are you here?"

"Right! Sorry I came unannounced. I felt like if I had told you I was coming here...Maybe you would have pushed me away." He said to her, "I'm sure you saw the news about what happened a couple of months ago. It was my father's and Sien's decision to release that information in order to stay truthful to the public. I hope you understand that."

"I do..."

"Sien has a plan, kind of like a charity plan to help those who were effected by the Duke. The House of Castillo has been receiving backlash since then because it had lost its leader. Right now you grandparents are handling the outcry, but it won't be any much longer until the council does something about the House. They might decide to change the ownership of the Central Duke to another family."

"Why are you telling me all of this?" Lyrica felt like he was wasting his time with her.

"I think you should come back." He said firmly, "I think if you help out with Sien's project and maybe if you start your own project on your own. You will be able to stop your House from falling."

"But...Peter my problem with this is that...I don't belong there. I don't belong there at all." She shook her head while saying that sentence, "I was never the confident type, I just faked it so I could get through it. Putting all of this on me is just like what my Uncle told me a few days ago. Did he call you to give this idea? Is that why you are here."

"Wait!" Peter crinkled his eyebrows, "Duke Castillo called you?"

"A few days ago at a badminton game, he called me and he told me he wanted me to help save House of Castillo. I told him I felt burdened by it. I want to help but...I just can't. After all that has happened I would do more harm than good. Honestly, I even hurt Sien's feelings back there in the hospital."

"Do you hate my brother?"

Lyrica looked at him with disappointed eyes, "I'm scared. I feel like...I feel like I disappointed him with how I ended things off. At the moment I was angry at him, I really wanted to punch him. But, I just couldn't do it. Plus, your brother has Ariana now right?" Lyrica tucked her hair behind her ear and smiled, "He moved on to the next person quite quickly."

"He didn't, my father and Ariana's father had an agreement. That's how they ended up together."

"I see..." Lyrica didn't know that information. When she heard the news she did feel disappointed about it. Almost as if she didn't want Ariana to be with him.

"Lyrica I strongly believe you have potential. That is why I took the time to come back here. I think your maternal family needs you, my brother needs you even though he may be stubborn." He chuckled, "Valentino needs you, not just the Central. I know we caused you a lot of trauma I'm sorry for it. I'm sure everyone like my family is sorry as well. But, I think you should consider coming back."

Lyrica stared at the table thinking about her decision. She didn't want to make one on impulse, "I think I need time...How much time do I have?"

"I leave tomorrow night."

"I see..." Lyrica sighed out, "This is all so stressful. Life back when I was just preparing for the Debutanté seems so much simpler now."

"Lyrica? Peter?"

Peter and Lyrica turned their heads and saw Aubrey standing in front of them.

"A-Aubrey!" Peter exclaimed.

"What is he doing here?" Aubrey said confused, "Why are you here?"

"He's...He is trying to get me back to Valentino."

"Woah, woah, woah, why are you doing that?" She turned to Peter, "Lyrica has been doing fine here the past few...Well maybe that's a lie."

"Aubrey." Lyrica didn't want Aubrey to tell Peter what had been happening.

"Lyrica you haven't been eating, you've fainted during practice, and you've missed a handful of school days." Aubrey said in an honest tone, "Everyone is worried about you."

"I'm sorry." Peter apologized again, "If we had acted sooner this wouldn't had happened. I understand if you don't want to come back either."

"Peter it's fine, it's really fine."

Aubrey placed her hand on her waist, "Lyrica are you really considering on going?"

"I just need a night to think about it. That's all I need. I understand you need to go tomorrow. So just let me think it through."

"Alright."

"If you go Lyrica tell me, I'll go with you."

"What?" Peter said in a confused tone.

"Lyrica is my closest friend and I want to keep her safe. Since...You guys failed the last time. You can crash at my house in Valentino too. My father often does business there so we have our own home. Though...I'd have to tell Drew about it too."

"Drew?" Peter questioned, "Who's Drew?"

"It's the guy Aubrey is seeing." Lyrica answered.

Peter's eyes were in shock. He didn't realize Aubrey would move on so quickly. He still had lingering feelings for her.

"Huh, so you are already seeing another guy?" Peter said in an annoyed tone.

"Why? We met in class and he was a sweetheart." Aubrey explained, "Maybe you'll meet him one day. He can teach you some manners."

"Manners!" Peter exclaimed.

"Guys don't fight..." Lyrica then felt a bit nostalgia when Cassien and Peter would fight with each other. She would always have to break them apart, "Pfft..."

"What's so funny?" Aubrey questioned.

"Nothing...It's nothing..." Lyrica lightly smiled.

After school and after Varsity badminton practice Lyrica and Ryan were both walking to the student parking lot.

"Is your Aunt going to pick up Alice later?"

"Yea, it sucks JV and Var's practice are at different times. It especially sucks since JV doesn't end until nine o' clock."

"I know." Ryan agreed, "So why was the other Prince here?"

"He...Peter wants me to go back to Valentino."

"What!" Ryan shouted, "Now why would they want you to come back after everything that has happened?"

"My father's house. They are thinking of letting go the title because of what my Uncle did. Peter thinks I'm the key to saving it. But...I just don't know if I can."

"Are you considering it?"

Lyrica nodded her head, "I don't know yet. I have until tomorrow night to figure it out. What do you think I should do? If I go I risk death again, if I don't go my whole House falls."

"Hmm...Seems like a tougher decision than figuring out what to eat for lunch." He joked.

"Ryan." Lyrica glared at him.

Ryan chuckled and looked over to the sun that was setting. The sky showed an orange sky that transitioned to a darker orange color.

"Lyrica can I ask you a genuine question?"

"What is it?"

"Do you like the Prince?" He turned his head back towards her.

"W-What!" Lyrica's face turned completely red and she was embarrassed at what he said.

"Do you have feelings for him?" He emphasized.

"For Sien...I-I don't know. I mean...When I was there..." Lyrica thought about all the memories she made with Cassien in Valentino. Even though her first impression of him was terrible, when she looks back at these memories she can feel a smile emerge from her face, "I made a lot of good memories with him, I really did."

"Seems like you did." He teased.

"To be honest I've never felt that sort of romantic feeling towards anyone. I don't know how it genuinely feels like. But, when I think of him...I'm not sure but I get a bit nervous...Like my heart races. Aubrey says I'm bad at these sort of things so I'm not entirely sure. But..." she looked over at Ryan because she remembered what he had told her back when they were in the nurses room at school, "Ryan...What you said a few days ago—"

"Lyrica I told you I like you." He placed his hand gently on top of hers, "But, I also like you enough to know when to let you go. I don't want to be the one holding you back on your own feelings. If you want my opinion about you going back...I think you have unfinished business there that you need to get back to. I think you'll do fine if you go." He smiled softly at her.

"Ryan...I'm so sorry." Lyrica started to tear up in front of him. Ryan liked her for so long, yet she couldn't return the feelings towards him. She felt guilty for leading him on like this, "I'm really really sorry."

"Stop crying." Ryan laughed and wiped the tears on her face with his thumb, "I knew you had this spark with the Prince when I saw you with him on his birthday. When you danced with him I already knew something had already started between the two of you. My wish for you is to be able to be honest with your feelings with him. Don't worry about me because I'm okay with being rejected. I think it's about time for me to move on anyways." He stretched his arms out.

"Ryan...Thanks for being there for me, always."

"Hey, like I said back then when you were trapped in the closet at school. I'll always be by your side."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.9K 915 53
It all started from the day where all the young royals get to pick their school. Sofia end up picking Corinthians Sports School since she gets to tra...
16.5K 503 21
This is a Vampire short story 🌹[Complete draft | Unedited] Clara Spark, a breed of hidden royal vampire, knows not of her destiny or fate as a royal...
739 40 43
My fingers slid down his frangible ribs, subconsciously counting each one. I stared upon his scrawny figure. My hatred had quickly turned into guilt...
8.4M 404K 46
I was sure the worst thing to ever happen to me would be being kidnapped, and sure, that was pretty bad. However, what was worse was being kidnapped...