Apartment 306

By oliviamj_

|Completed | A crossover w/ @_ntsha (go to her profile for her version!) Four strangers from diverse walks of... More

Apartment 306
1. "Go to hell"
2. "Saving myself for marriage"
3. "No new friends.."
4. "Let vacation begin"
5. "Love is an open door"
6. "You should smile more"
7. "Sour puss"
8. "Our lives are in danger"
9. "Can you swim?"
10. "Golden girls"
11. "Blue balls"
12. "My fresh start"
13. "What the fuck"
14. "I want to show you something"
15. "I don't like liars"
16. "I fell off my bike"
17. "Beep beep bitch"
18. "Fantasy Island"
19. "Death machine"
20. "The poet & photographer"
21. "GF"
22. "Because I got high"
23. "Does weed make you horny"
24. "Immortal"
25. "Women are fucking crazy"
26. "Two kids on an adventure"
27. "Third times a charm"
28. "Urgent meeting"
29. "A whole new world"
30. "Ride along"
31. "Lying is a sin"
32. "I've had enough"
33. "Johnny Castle"
34. "Giving in"
35. "The old Cassie"
36. "Mr. Right Now"
37. "Hit gone wrong"
38. "Silence is key"
39. "Distraction"
40. "Consent"
41. "RIP plans"
42. "Let shit go and move the fuck on"
43. "Gibby"
44. "Caregiver"
45. "Four fools in the woods"
46. "The now"
47. "Unexplainable new feelings"
48. "What's the price?"
49. "Boyfriends"
50. "A night in the hills"
51. "Treatment"
52. "The litte things"
53. "Never too late"
54. "I hope you want me"
55. "You're not going anywhere"
56. "The truth hurts"
57. "Only you"
58. P.O.V
59. "Breaking point"
60. "Trouble in paradise"
61. "The 's' word"
62. "I feel like a woman"
63. "I'm still breathing"
65. "I'm all in"
66. "You're mine"
67. "Blanks"
68. "The unexpected"
69. "How it began"
70. "Live for the thrill"
71. "Just say the words"
72. "Glowing"
73. "Under the weather"
74. "Downhill"
75. "Shit hit the fan"
76. "153"
77. "Netflix & chill"
78. "Mothers know best"
79. "The messenger"
80. "Insomnia"
81. "Holiday spirit"
82. "Promises"
83. "I met the devil"
84. "Men in black"
85. "Dead end"
86. "Got damn mood swings"
87. "End of story"
Epilogue

64. "It's always Cassie"

370 27 40
By oliviamj_

It was late as hell when I got off work and finally made it back to my apartment. Work was insane, and by that, I mean, crawling with people, and it never stopped until close. I had to wait later to leave because a group of women got drunk as fuck and had no way home. Hell. They put up a fight because we closed.

I've been trying my hardest to avoid Cassie, but it's been like four or five days since we said anything. I hated this silent, act like we don't see each other, shit, but I respect her wishes. There have been multiple times that I wanted to break it and knock on her door, but I can't. And fuck, it's been killing me. I've never been this way over a damn girl. Who the hell am I?

"I thought I was going to die, sitting here waiting for you!" Charlie caught me off guard as I pushed into my apartment. I stood in place, shaking my head as she got up off my couch.

I dropped my keys and kicked my shoes off. "Why are you waiting for me anyway?" I asked, tired as hell.

"You've been blowing me off, dude." She dropped her arms and laughed.

I ran my hands through my hair and yawned. "No, I haven't. Just haven't been in the mood for shit. My bad."

She anxiously crossed her arms to her chest. "Why?"

"We're not getting into this at three in the morning, Charlie," I said, brushing her off. I picked through the mail on my countertop, my eyes getting heavier by the second.

"Well," She looked around before flopping back on the sectional. "I'm not leaving."

Not seeing anything worth opening, I tightened my lips and said, "You know where the guest room is. Knock yourself out."

"You serious?" She dramatically sighed. "Here I am, checking on your stubborn, stupid ass, and you want to be a dick."

I faintly laughed through my nose. "Alright. What do you want to talk about?" I opened the refrigerator. "Want a beer?"

"Hell yeah," She squealed. "But first, you wanna tell me what's up with Cassie?"

"Leave it alone," I groaned. I'm tired of talking about Cassie because it makes me want to talk to her.

Charlotte gave me the finger. "You're so fucking annoying."

"I've heard that before," I chuckled. "What do you have to tell me?"

She adjusted her headband. "Now I feel bad because I feel like I'm bragging. But this is our thing, you know? You just been a dick and want to keep secrets. I'm going to get my girl Rachel on you."

After grabbing two beers, I handed one to her and peeled the tab back. "What is it? You in love again?" I asked after taking a sip. As you can tell, my friends have this weird-ass relationship with my mom, but I didn't mind. She's cool.

"How do you know?" Her eyes grew wide.

I gulped the cold beverage back. "You tell me like every week." She took a few sips and burped. "Who is it? Daisy?" I asked, remembering she tried to get me to set her up.

"No, I moved on," She waved out her hand. "Her name is Erin. She's Cassie's friend, from Florida or something. Fuck. I had the best time of my life, and she left yesterday. I'd let her ruin my life over and over." She went on and on about this girl. I didn't even know Cassie had friends in Florida. Not to be rude, though. I didn't even know she had people visiting, but good for her. I know she needed this, and by her social media, I'm happy she's just enjoying shit.

Once I finished my drink, I threw the can away. "Looks like a lot of travel in your future, if you're serious about this one. What has it been? One night? That's new for you." I joked, stretching.

"I outdid myself, I know." She patted herself on the back. "But you're not in the clear. Tell me about Cassie right now."

I walked to my bedroom and rolled my neck. "Goodnight, Charlie." I laughed and closed the door behind me.

"Well, fuck you too,"

I quickly removed my clothes, showered, and hopped into bed. I had an early morning, which gave me a good four hours to sleep.

~~

"Damn, dad," I laughed, watching the tailor circle the measuring tape around his torso. "You used to be bigger than me. What happened?" My dad got us all together last minute to start getting measurements for our groomsmen tuxedos for his wedding. Because they were both married already, he wanted to keep it quick and traditional, which means we have a lot to do in a short period.

With his arms stretched out, my dad said, "I'm getting old and have been eating good. All Elizabeth wants to do is cook, and I'm not mad about that." The tailor then moved the tape to his waist, calculating his size.

Keeping it basic, my dad wanted black suits, white tops, and turquoise ties to match the bridesmaids.

"Yeah, I see a gut there," Rick joked, taking a seat on a nearby stool. The shop was nice, big as hell with a variety of different styled suits and tuxedos. Even though I barely wear full tuxes, it wasn't a bad experience.

"Runs in the family," I joked, trying on a navy blue jacket and checking my reflection in the mirror.

My dad interjected. "Yeah, on your mom's side. I'm not getting a damn gut." He rolled his neck. "And Rick, maybe you need to get those old ass eyes checked out."

"Mom said the same thing about your side," I added.

"And I can't even get muscle or fat," Jonah said, finally ripping his eyes from the magazine in the warehouse. I've been putting in more effort to communicate with Jonah, knowing he's going to be apart of the family now.

Once my dad finished getting sized up, I was last. I stood post as he measured my neck first. "I'll help train you?" I offered to Jonah.

"You would? How much?"

I chuckled under my breath. "I wouldn't charge you, bro."

"But who has a full head of hair?" Rick barked, coming back to the conversation late. He was doing something on his phone, barely paying attention.

My dad patted his shoulder in passing and laughed. "I just cut mine."

"Cause you were balding," Rick burst out in a hysterical laugh. I opened my arms, repeating the same steps as everyone before me. They made me try on a few jackets for a better idea.

While Rick and my dad went back to back in playful banter, Jonah and I talked more about the gym and me potentially helping him train. He was tall as hell and skinny, reminding me of Noah in high school before he buffed up.

"I go to the same gym all the time. I'll hit you up, and you can tag along." I swiped my nose, chewing the gum that was in my mouth for like two hours.

Jonah nodded. "Yeah. Send me the info, and I'll get a membership. I had one at a shitty gym for like three years but stopped going." He ended with a light laugh.

"I know the owner. If you're with me, you'll be fine. I'll let you know."

Once I got finished getting measured, I joined the group. "So, what's next? Wedding wise?" Rick loudly exclaimed.

My dad wandered around, touching fabrics. "Shit. We leave that part to the women. They change everything anyway." He had a point.

"I don't even know why I asked. I know that." Rick urged.

The tailor informed us of minor details and let us know he will be in contact for pick up.

As we started getting ready to leave, I joked. "Dad, are you having a bachelor party?"

"I haven't really thought of that. Probably not." Luke shrugged.

"Oh, come on," Jonah caught up. "You can't go out like that. I think my mom is having a thing."

My dad rolled his neck and surprisingly raised his eyebrows. "What? She didn't tell me that. Those damn friends of hers." He joked, pushing the door open.

Jonah replied. "Maybe Gael and I can plan something. I don't know. Guys night?"

With a blank face, Rick muttered. "Will there be strippers?"

"Hell no. We're past that phase, all in relationships. A recipe for disaster." My dad commented. I remember him telling me about his bachelor party when he married my mom, and it was crazy. I didn't know the man had it in him.

"I'm not," Jonah shrugged.

"Accurate point. Can't mess things up with Asia." Rick said as we stood to the side of the shop. "Normally, Gael would have my back on this one. I see you lost your touch."

I spit the gum from my mouth. "Never."

"You sure? You fix things up with that girl?" My dad wiggled his eyebrow at me. Cassie must've burned her mark into everyone in my life because it seems like she's all they want to talk about. I get that they're just asking because they're my family, but damn. It's new for me too.

"Who, Cassie? Y'all are really dating? Aren't ya?" Rick asked, having seen us together at his party.

I replied. "Not yet, I guess."

"Rick, you know her?" My dad looked around, dropping his arms to his side. "Am I the only one who hasn't really met her? Jonah, have you?"

Jonah laughed. "No."

Rick slid his phone in his pocket and rubbed through his dark hair. "Yeah, she's something else, for sure. She took Emereigh in for me when I went to rehab. I didn't know the girl from a can of paint, and she did me that favor. Then, I met her, and she's beautiful Luke, inside and out. Em can't get enough of her. Don't be stupid, G."

"Yeah, don't be stupid," My dad laughed. "It's not every day you find a girl like that."

"Trust me, I know," I said under my breath.

Rick started slowly walking to his car. "Damn, you and Noah both whipped."

"And I'm just lonely," Jonah added, getting into my dad's truck.

~~

"You know how people always have that weird scent that they like? What's yours?" Cassie asked, swirling her finger against my chest. It was late, and we had spent most of the night binge-watching Supernatural. She made me watch it, and it was good. I loved seeing her reaction when something went wrong and could stay here, like this, all day.

I took some time to think, rubbing down her back. "Uh, gas probably." I laughed. "When you fill-up your tank or something."

"I like that too. I think that's normal," Cassie muttered in a low tone. "Your turn. Ask me something?" We were sitting in the dark, all but the light coming from the TV. She had just showered after me and had my bedroom smelling like coconuts and flowers.

I hummed. "What are your fears?" I asked, lightly laughing through my nose.

"Bugs, bears, the feeling of not being able to escape, like from a locked room." She laughed, digging her chin in my chest to look up at me. "Um, losing someone that I love or not being enough. Look, this can go on all night."

I yawned. "I don't mind."

"Okay. If you won the lottery for billions of dollars, what would you do?" She asked me with one of the biggest smiles on her face.

"Easy. I'll travel everywhere. And if I been there, I'd go again." I quickly answered, stroking my hands down her straight hair.

"That sounds fun," She kept her eyes on me. "I think I'd probably do the same."

I agreed with her. "What was your favorite movie growing up?" I asked.

"Aquamarine," She said to me. "For some reason, I thought it would be cool being a mermaid. What was yours?"

I flexed one of my arms behind my head and stared at her for a second. "Always Step Brothers." I couldn't even say that without laughing.

Cassie looked at me blankly, like she had no idea what I was talking about. I swear, if she didn't see that movie, I'm kicking her out right now.

"Gael," She mumbled in a serious tone. "Your voice sounds like a combination of Fergie and Jesus." I tapped her face and laughed before she burst out in a hysterical fit. That fucking movie will never not be funny.

"Now I kind of want to watch it," I said, fishing for the remote, but she stopped me.

"Not done asking questions," She pushed herself up, fixing the loose shirt she had on. "Quick, fast money round, most embarrassing moment?"

It took me longer than I thought to figure out an answer to that question. "I was like twelve and just killed like eight slices of pizza, right? We were at a festival, and my friends dared me to kiss Megan, some girl I had a crush on. Anyway, I kissed her and threw up on her because my stomach was hurting from that pizza. Fucked up first kiss. She hated me after that."

Cassie laughed, dropping her head into my neck. "Well, at least you know eight slices isn't your friend, Gibby."

I gently nudged her forehead. "Fuck you." I laughed and proceeded to turn the movie on. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 770 59
#1 in Adultromance🤭 "She's messing up with my brains again!" Stefano shut his eyes tightly and took a deep breath trying to fight off the feeling he...
1.1M 14.6K 37
Living in a world where the dance team is her kingdom, fashion her passion, and judo her secret pastime, Jade Wright's life is as close to perfect as...
779K 30.7K 80
I stood with my back to her, shielding her, and my murderous eyes stared down at the poor excuse of a man, promising unimaginable pain if he dared to...
665 49 13
One complicated relationship. Two converging timelines. Three beautiful women. What secrets will be revealed when they relay the tale that connects t...