Light of Mine (RusAme)

By Amaura1406

"Good is such a strange word, don't you think? You think that you're good and I think that I'm good, but we b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69 - Meet the Author

Chapter 41

2.7K 99 332
By Amaura1406

Ame's P.O.V (three days later) (I don't know what I'm doing with these images anymore-)

I flicker my eyes open, as I reach for the light on the bedside table. The warm rays instantly blind me and make me shut my eyes tightly. Once I'm able to, I reopen them and sit up into a slouch.

I reach towards the dresser for a second time and click the off button on my phone to stop the blaring alarm. I then retract my hand and use it to rub out my drowsiness. Sadly, it wasn't as effective as I would have liked it to be.

With some effort, I manage to swing both of my feet over the edge of the bed and get up. I drag myself over to the wardrobe where I pull out a casual shirt, some leggings, boxers, and a pair of socks.

With that done, I head out the door and make my way over to the bathroom. I quickly strip my pajamas off of me and turn on the water.

When I step in, the first thing I feel is a shiver running down my spine. I ignore the unsettling feeling and proceed to do my normal morning activities.

Soon, I step out of the shower and throw on a towel to dry myself off with. After that, I put my clothes on, brush my teeth, and dry my hair.

While I was there, I took the opportunity to count the white specks that dotted my head.

I was doing that a lot these days.

Forty-three, the same as yesterday.

I sighed, both in relief and worry. I had gotten so used to losing stars that keeping the same lesser number for more than one day felt like a break.

I opened the door, walked out of the bathroom, and popped back into the bedroom for a quick second to grab my phone. After doing that, I proceeded to make my way over to the kitchen table where I then took a seat.

My hand clicked the button on the side of my phone that turned it on and I started to scroll through my news notifications.

One in particular caught my attention. It was from my calendar reminding me that I would be leaving tomorrow.

I had decided a few days ago to pack the original stuff that I had brought, so I was prepared to leave when the correct moment arose.

I hoped that the moment would come sooner rather than later.

I huffed and got up out of my seat while I cracked my back. I made my way over to the kitchen area and began to gather the few things needed to make eggs; like a pan, butter, and the actual eggs.

In no time I had whipped up a batch, plated them, and threw on a pinch of salt and pepper.

"Vhat arrre you making?" A gruff voice asked from the hallway.

"Some eggs. Want some?" I replied half-heartedly.

"If it is not a botherrr to you, zhen yes." He answered.

I nodded my head and split the dish in half, some for him and the other portion for me. I grabbed a fork for him and placed it on his plate with the eggs.

"Here." I offered him the plate, which he gratefully took.

"Zhank you."

"No problem." I stated, as I took a seat next to him at the kitchen table.

We both ate our eggs in a silence that wasn't as peaceful as it had once been. In fact, nothing was really as peaceful as it was before; before I started acting like a lunatic over not getting what I wanted.

I knew that I was the problem.

My antics, my separation, and my persistence caused a deep fissure to develop between the two of us. It was so deep that no matter how hard Russia tried to converse with me, all of his attempts just kept ending up within the sharp rocky ground.

I took a last bite of my breakfast and went over to the trash to scrape the remanding food into the waste bin. I then placed my plate into the sink and slid onto the couch with a grunt.

I remained there for the next fifteen or so minutes, while I waited for Russia to finish getting himself ready.

Even if I felt like I shouldn't have, I still cared for the bear. I would consider myself an asshole if I didn't.

"Okay, I am rrready now. Ve can go." Russia came out of his bedroom, also with some casual clothes on, and a small bottle of water in his left hand.

I furrowed my eyebrows and tilted my head to the side, "Are you sure you're not missing something?" I asked, as I looked at his hat-less head.

"Нет, I do not believe zhat I am." (No) He gave me a confident gaze, so I didn't question him again, even if I still found it strange.

After all, he had been using that thing like a protective shell, and to just get rid of it on the fly felt weird to me.

I pushed myself off of the couch, glided over to the door, and slapped on my shoes. Russia did the same and then held the door open for me, I thanked him for it.

The trek there was the same as it had been the past few days, except for the flurry of nurses and keeping-staff in the corridor.

I tapped one girl's shoulder who was on break and asked, "What's going on?"

"Oh, it's nothing important, just some busy work." She rushed out. Her voice was waverly and uncertain. Plus, there were too many of them for it to just be nothing important; something was going on.

I gave the lady a suspicious look, but continued onward to the elevator where I saw South Africa waiting with a few others.

I tapped her arm, which made her spin around. Her face was filled with panic and worry.

"Hey, do you know what's going on?" I questioned, as I hopped for an answer that wasn't a lie.

"Have you not heard?" She disbelievingly jumbled out, "They found a Cyanide pill box in one of the rooms."

Cyanide...a very deadly poison, usually given to spies who are caught and wish to die before interrogation.

"Oh my god. Whose room was it found in?" I pressured.

South Africa shrugged her shoulders, "Nobody is sure yet, all that we know is the UN and EU are going bonkers about it."

"Was it found in one of the staff's rooms, or one of ours?"

"The staff don't live here, America. It must've been one of ours." She confirmed.

That gave me a little bit of relief, sure it would hurt the country who swallowed the dastardly thing, but we couldn't die from only that, there would have to be external factors. Luckly, the world seemed stable enough to where everything was safe.

But...why were UN and EU freaking out then?

The elevator doors dinged and twitched open with a chug. The small crowd outside them piled into the small area.

We eventually reached the top floor and flooded out into an even more energetic crowd of people. They were all bustling in and out of rooms with several things in their hands for cleaning work. They all seemed to segregate around the little clinic that I had been in only once before.

There were shouts coming from the other side of the door to the little hospital area and I decided to detach from the group to catch a hint of what was going on.

"You idiot, I wasn't the one who brought her here. That was you and your fault."

"I'm the idiot? I'm not the one who didn't run checks on everybody to see if they were carrying anything deadly!"

"Even if we were at your place still, you wouldn't have thought to do that, stop blaming me for something you wouldn't do yourself."

"Well, you didn't take her here, so I could say the exact same thing to you. How do you think her family will react when we tell them that she disappeared seven or eight hours ago? Who's fault will that be?"

I snapped my eyes open, tore my head away from the direction of the medical center, and quickly rushed for the meeting room, where I sat down in my seat to try and process everything.

Someone had disappeared, UN brought her here, and she did this seven to eight hours ago.

The poison had worked on one of us, but how?

Mexico's P.O.V (eight hours ago - midnight-)

There was just an empty space.

I would have said that it was black, but even that seemed to be too bright for this drained landscape.

A flash.

A strike.

A pain.

The pain on my cheek flared up when it was hit.

I didn't know who did it, for there was only darkness when I whipped my head back.

What I did know was that it felt familiar, too familiar to be mistaken for something else.

Then there came more strikes and lashes, each one seemingly worse than the last; each one completely unbearable.

Each one a repeat of something that happened before.

Then voices arose from the shadowy walls, if there were even walls to this place.

Their speech was garbled, but I strangely felt hurt by their strange words, even if there was no known meaning behind them.

After that there was a bash to my head. I knew what that one had to be; a pan.

I suddenly recalled being hit by a pan from my father when he took his anger out on me for wanting freedom.

Once the blow was over I gasped for a breath, but there was no air to breathe.

The sides of the place flashed three times, each time there was someone else going through similar torment as me, but they went by so fast that I barely had enough time to register who I was looking at, before my eyes snapped open and I was in a bed.

My chest huffed up and down as my eyes scampered around the room and my limbs shook. Outside of a window it was bright and it made my eyes squint.

I hadn't seen out a window in so long.

I then felt a hand lightly glide my trembling body back onto the comfort of a pillow, "Just relax, you're alright now. You were so brave."

I flicked my gaze over to the silhouette of the person that I had been away from for so long, "Cabi?"

I hadn't even realised that I could speak again, my voice was shriveled and dry due to the long period of time where I couldn't use it. There was so much that I wanted to tell her, like that I missed her or how terrifying the place was.

However, before I could get anything else out, a finger was pressed to my lips, "Shh, you must rest now. We can talk when you wake up again, but now is not the time."

I listened to her advice and slowly let my heavy eyelids close, as my breather returned to normal.

It remained that way for a while, just her and I together.

It was just like before; perfect.

"Mom! Tennessee took my gecko!"

"Mom, don't listen to him! Florida's lying!"

"I am not! Come back here with my gecko right now you thief!"

There were thumps of what I could only imagine of as feet coming up a flight of stairs. The door then swung open and two sheiks entered me and Cabi's paradise.

They suddenly stopped their ruckus and went silent.

"Um, mom, why is Mexico in your bed and why are there tiny wings on her back?" One of the two states asked.

"Well, uh, she's my girlfriend and she just went through a very rough journey to get here. Now, what's this that I hear about a gecko thief?" Cabi explained, as she got up and left the warm comfort of our bed to go tend to the children's needs.

I inhaled a deep breath and let myself sink deeper into the blankets as well as the bed, while I was finally enveloped by sleep.

Word count 2059

Well this is a chapter that has a lot of ups and downs.

Oh, and yay! Early update!

And my inability to be social has kicked in so onto the questions!

Why was Russia not wearing his hat?

What was that dark place?

And how did the Cyanide work?

Have a great day/night/morning/evening/noon/midnight/any time!

-Amaura-Chan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 4.9K 75
Cover done by @NightSky259 (thank you so much!) It all started with a pandemic. The countries, unions, and governments are all working to try and hel...
20K 464 17
Russian empire was a two faced man, more bad than good. People feared him, everyone thought he was heartless and couldn't love. It all changes when...
329 15 4
Russia, a young man forced to flee his homeland, goes to the other side of the world in hope of building a new life. But he won't be alone, as some f...
71.1K 2.2K 19
[RUSAME/COMPLETE -- SEQUEL IS OUT] What happens when a dangerously charming and bitterly sweet boy is pushed to the limits? Hell. America is #1 at...