Ride or Die | Dabi x Reader

By godmanjiro

"I'm a bad person. Does that make a difference?" - Meeting someone who was severely injured in the pouring... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FORTY
FORTY ONE
FORTY TWO
FORTY THREE
FORTY FOUR
FORTY FIVE
FORTY SIX
FORTY SEVEN
FORTY EIGHT
FORTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE

THIRTY ONE

35.1K 1.3K 1.8K
By godmanjiro

I watched the trees and cars pass us by as we drove down the highway, but I could feel his eyes constantly glancing over at me.

"My friend Toga should be over there any minute fixing the situation so we don't get caught and he gets locked up." Dabi reassured.

I held the cat crate close to my chest, balancing it on my lap the best I could so Kenma wasn't too uncomfortable.

"Okay."

Suki was in the back, laying on the floor of the car nervously. She didn't like car rides.

"Uhm, is your throat okay? Why haven't you healed it yet?" Dabi asked, guilt laced in his voice.

My fingers went up to touch the thin skin around my neck. Still in shock from everything that had just happened, I couldn't really feel the pain that was probably all over my body from fighting that man.

"Because it took a lot out of me to fight him, it's dark outside, and mostly because I had to heal Suki's broken rib." I looked back at her, "Bones take a lot."

I sighed and looked down at my bruised wrists, "My body will heal itself faster than the average person though, even without sunlight. So by tomorrow morning they all should be gone."

"Oh alright.. I'll get someone to get your door fixed by the way." He stated.

"Okay."

The turn signal clicking was the only sound in the car, uncomfortable silence suffocating us. For different reasons.

I'm sure he was filled with guilt. He had been checking on me constantly the past fifteen minutes. Worry clear in his voice. He didn't want me involved with this stuff.

I was feeling off, not so much because of what happened, but more because I was scared he was going to do something stupid. I was scared he was going to leave again. This time for good.

"Get off on this next exit right?" Dabi asked.

"Yeah." I mumbled quietly, back to looking out the window.

I heard him sigh. His hand brushed on my knee but then I felt him pull it away.

"_____, are you mad that I got you involved with this? I'm sure you're still terrified over—"

I swiveled my head over towards him angrily, "—Will you stop saying that?!"

He looked at me wide eyed, then focused back on the road, letting me continue.

"For the hundredth time, I told you I can make my own choices. Clearly I'm willing to follow you into whatever this life is." I tried to take a deep breath, not wanting to scare Kenma, "The only thing I'm terrified of is losing you Dabi."

His grip loosened on the steering wheel, "Why would you think you're losing me?"

"I'm not stupid. I heard what you said back at my apartment, 'I shouldn't have fucking gotten you involved in this life'." I put my hand on his arm, "I know you had to save me today, but please don't leave me just to protect me."

My voice almost sounded like I was begging. I was so in deep with this man. All my morals thrown out the window. I just wanted to be with him, that's all I cared about.

He glanced over and me and locked eyes with mine, "Okay baby, I'm not going anywhere."

I squeezed his arm tighter, "Promise me."

Dabi swiftly leaned over and kissed my forehead, "I promise I'll stay with you."

"It's that house right there, the yellow one." I pointed.

Suki sat up and looked out the window, beginning to feel a little more excited and less nervous. We pulled into the drive way and parked.

Without a text or call, my best friend walked out of their house and approached the car. Both Dabi and I stepped out.

He got Suki out from the back on her leash and I held Kenma in his crate. I walked around over to where Dabi was.

"Hey Seiko." I greeted with a smile.

Seiko approached us, grabbed the crate and the leash without a word, and turned around to bring the pets back into their house. Tension radiating off their body.

"Uh." Dabi and I both looked at each other.

I had called Seiko after Dabi told me we needed to go to the League of Villains hideout and asked if they could watch my pets for a couple days, especially since the door to my apartment was busted open.

They were short with me on the phone but agreed.

"Do you think they'll come back out? Should we just leave or..." Dabi asked, rocking back and forth on his feet with his hands in his front pockets.

I shrugged, "I feel like it'd be rude but clearly they don't want to talk- oh here they come."

The front door swung back open and Seiko came back out by themself.

Full speed, they headed towards us.

Well, towards Dabi.

"Uh, hey, nice to—"

BAM!

Seiko's fist smashed into Dabi's cheekbone, causing him to stumble backwards.

I stood there in shock, not knowing what I was supposed to do in this situation. But if Dabi got physical back there would be an issue.

"What the fuck?" Dabi groaned, grabbing his face and standing straight again.

I looked to my best friend, who was livid. Their hands still in fists, arm muscles tense and ready to throw another one.

"Nice to meet you fully awake Dabi. I'm Seiko." They gave a wicked smile and pulled their arm back for another swing.

I quickly jumped in between them and grabbed their arm, stopping them, "STOP IT."

I looked back at Dabi to make sure he was still calm. He was. Just standing there.

"Look, he knows he deserves it." Seiko spat.

Suddenly my friend glanced me over, their eyes firing up even more. They grabbed my forearm and dragged me closer to Dabi, shoving my wrist in his face.

"What the fuck is this?" They pointed to my neck, "And her neck? If it was some kink shit you wouldn't be running from her apartment right now. What did you do."

Dabi was surprisingly quiet as Seiko yelled at him. I would never expect him to put up with something like that, but I was grateful that he was or things would escalate a lot faster.

I didn't want either of the people I cared about most in the world to hurt each other.

"He didn't do anything. This wasn't his fault." I defended, pulling my arm out of their grasp.

"Yes it was. My actions caused her to be put in danger." Dabi blurted.

I exhaled heavily, him not helping the situation.

Seiko shook their head, "You know what? I don't even want to know the details," They turned to me, "Your life matters you know? I need you too."

Then they stepped up to Dabi and grabbed his shirt, although shorter, looking just as intimidating.

"If she—if something happens to her, I will ruin you."

Dabi nodded, "I will keep her safe."

Seiko pushed him away, "Prove it to me and maybe I won't want to knock your fucking lights out. Now leave."

They turned around and walked back into their house, slamming the door behind them.

We both got into the car and sat in silence for a moment.

"Thank you for not getting physical with them." I said quietly.

Dabi grabbed the back of my head and pulled me close, kissing my temple, "They're a good friend."

I smiled, knowing he was right.

"We are actually pretty close to the hideout," his face suddenly looked worried, "I have to ask you to do something."

I tilted my head confused, "Uhm okay?

He pulled off his hoodie and handed it to me, "I need you to cover your eyes until we get there."

I furrowed my brows, "What? Why?"

"Because no one is allowed to know where it is. Plus I don't want you to know or ever get the idea to come find me there." He stated very seriously.

I sighed, too tired to put up a fight, and wrapped the sleeves around my head.

"We will be there soon."

Within about ten minutes the car slowed and came to a stop. Dabi told me I could take off my blindfold.

We were in some dirty dark alleyway. If I was alone I would've been scared.

"Try not to answer any of Tomura's questions," he paused, "Don't take this the wrong way but just try not to speak much at all. We are being forced to be here. I don't know what he wants."

Dabi grabbed my wrist causing me to let out a yelp from the pain.

"My bad." He kissed the back of my hand, holding my back instead to lead me towards the door.

We walked into a dark lit staircase.

"Remember what I said." He whispered into my ear.

We both walked up the stairs. I could hear voices and laughter coming from the other side of a door in front of me. Dabi opened the door and all heads turned to us.

"Ah, finally. If it isn't the lovely couple."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

459K 17.1K 41
[แด…แด€ส™ษช x ส€แด‡แด€แด…แด‡ส€] "๐˜ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ'๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜บ" ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐€๐ค๐š๐ ๐ฎ๐ซ๐จ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ง๐š๐ฆ๐ž ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฆ๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐ข๏ฟฝ...
8.6K 231 17
From baggy pants, oversized hoodies, a short wig, large prescription glasses -all is used with the intention of hiding her femininity. Y/n is a freel...
283 19 10
sษชษดษดแด‡ส€sโ„ข ๐˜•๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง. ๐˜ ๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜จ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข ๐˜ฉ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ต ๐˜บ๐˜ข ๐˜ถ๐˜ฏ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ฑ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ด ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ง. (Y/n) had been l...
2.6K 157 8
DISCONTINUED "Although this scenery seemed so vividly beautiful, it put me off my ease. It was strange how a mixture of mere gas and water could make...