[KH/FF] Treachery of Fate: Im...

By Panda-Gom

It has been almost half a year since [Name] [Surname] fulfilled the Silver Dragon legend. When Oblivion relea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 11

3.1K 50 10
By Panda-Gom

The trespasser made sure to check all vital signs that you were alright—the cloud of guilt hanging over him not allowing him to carelessly leave even though that's what he wanted to do. They were all fine, to his relief; you had just passed out from the sudden gravitational change. However, there was a slight problem: when upon landing in the grassy backyard, your face hit his shoulder, which in return left a mark on your left cheek. How in the world would you hide that? It wasn't his problem, no, but again, guilt didn't let him leave.

The door suddenly opened then, making the trespasser freeze in place, panicking. Coming into the room was Kei, in his hand a mug that was half filled with warm hot chocolate, worried of you lack to eat earlier. When his eyes landed on the intruder, the mug slipped from his hand, making a large clatter onto the floor, the liquid spilling everywhere. He summoned his katana and pointed it, silver eyes narrowing.

"Who are you? WHAT do you think you're doing?" he asked slowly, words forcibly calm as he inched into the room. The male didn't answer, looking from your body to Kei.

Kai curiously came by the door," Hyung, what hap...pened?" his eyebrows furrowed, taking in the scene.

"I'll ask you one more time, what do you think you're doing?" Kei demanded.

No answer came, the intruder dropping a smoke bomb. Unfazed by the fog, Kei knew the figure was attempting to escape, and extended his left arm out, three shurikens on clear thin strings whooshing out and lodging themselves into the male's back. Halfway onto the balcony, he was dragged inside, where Kai quickly chained him with a manifested rope dart.

Kei wasted no time and bringing the male down the stairs roughly as his brother cleaned up the mess and made sure you were alright. He tossed the invader onto the dining room floor angrily, ripping off the mask he wore. Surprised by who it was, he scoffed, tossing the piece of clothing onto the floor as Kai came back downstairs with a soaked washcloth and the mug.

"Hyung, you're not going to like this—there's a mark on her cheek," he sighed. "It'll be purple by morning, I think she got hit by something—"

"My shoulder," the teen on the floor interrupted. "Her face hit my shoulder."

"Which brings us to the primal question," Kei crouched down to him. "What the hell were you doing in her room!?"

"I was doing a dare with some friends. When I lost sight of them, I came to a stop at the closest platform I could from the rooftops, and since I was on your roof, I went on the balcony. I was just going to rest for a second—"

"With a drawn weapon?" the ravenette scoffed.

Sighing, he continued," But Amaya was so quiet I didn't even know she was in the room. The lights were off too and when I did hear her I turn, and she was already behind me on the balcony with the door open. Then, she tackled me and I lost my footing falling down. She passed out mid fall and her face hit my shoulder where she got the mark."

"Why couldn't you just say that?" Kai frowned.

"Who in hell would believe me!?" the teen scoffed as Kei untied him. "For starters, I'm irritated by her, and I seeing how your brother is so overprotective—"

"You're overprotective of [Name]," Kei shook his head," so don't bother finishing that sentence."

"Whatever," he waved him off, taking his mask. "Sorry about this, I'll see you two at school."

Opening your eyes slowly, your vision adjusted to the canopy above you. You were tucked in snugly and the lights were off. It took you a few seconds until you remembered why you had blacked out so suddenly, and because of that, you shot up in bed, glancing at the clock to see that it was 5:47AM. Going through what happened in your mind repeatedly, you cursed yourself for trying to attack anyone in the unstable state you were in as you turned on the lights, looking yourself over to make sure nothing had happened to your body. When finding you didn't, you rushed out of the room to check on the boys.

Kai was munching on a pop tart in the living room, playing on the PS3. You went unnoticed by him as you only peeked from the corner before rushing towards the family room. As you did, you bumped into Kei in the hall, making you fall back onto the floor with a light thud. Confused, he helped you up, worry crossing his face.

"[Name], what's—"

"There was an intruder! And I tackled him but I blacked out! Then...then I don't think he did anything to me but—"

"[Name] relax," Kei spoke softly. "I that intruder was Zero."

"Zero!?" you were taken aback, eyes widening. "What are you talking about?"

"He was apparently doing a dare with a few friends and was resting for a few seconds on the balcony when you jumped him," Kai answered with a mouthful, shuffling to the kitchen. "Also hyung, we're out of blueberry pop tarts."

The elder teen shook his head and sighed as you spoke," Dare? Zero doesn't do dares...I know because every time Ryuushin dared him to eat a worm, he'd smack him with something saying it was stupid."

"I thought so," the ravenette nodded. "He's a good liar, but all in all, his 'friends' might have very well been leftover shinobi or hybrids. They pop up every now and then, Kai and I have taken a few down ourselves."

"I knew this syndicate crap wouldn't have ended so easily," you muttered.

"Thankfully though, there aren't many of them," Kei put on a slight smile. "Since it's almost six, why don't you go ahead and get ready for the trip today? I'll make you breakfast."

Nodding in agreement, you went off to shower. Coming back out, you flipped the lights of your room on and looked over the folded mission uniform which—just like the normal school uniform—had alternating choices depending on the weather along with black cutoff gloves and dark gray shorts for easy movement. There was a black shirt, one long sleeved the other normal, to be worn under either a dark gray hooded overcoat that stopped where the shorts did, light cropped hoodie, or vest. To complete the ensemble of course was the dog tag which was red with black lettering hanging off a silver chain.

You chose the black shirt and cropped hoodie, putting on black leggings then the shorts, and finally the new dark gray high tops which lengthened halfway up your leg. Taking a look at yourself in the mirror as you slipped on the gloves as well as the chain, and combed through your hair, you had a good feeling Fai was behind the creation of the outfit. Then, sliding your phone into your pocket, you exited the room, skipping down the stairs to find it was 6:42AM.

While they told you a bit more of the demon worshiping Fortuna as you ate, you took notice of the boys' uniforms. They were styled much the same, only with baggy cargo shorts and shorter high tops. The twins themselves decided on sporting the vests and the long sleeved black shirt—both of them looking so similar the only way you were able to tell the difference between them was by their voices in which Kei had the slightly deeper one, and if you weren't mistaken, also a small faded mark of a cut on his right cheekbone.

At school, the majority of students who would have crowded the front lawn were in line to go into the massive beige airship that was parked on the football field. You joined them with the twins—Kai reminding you to wear you glasses—and as you stood in line, you noticed a handful of chaperones. Fortuna must have been extremely dangerous if even Fai and Kurogane needed to come as well. While waiting, Kei sighed, looking away. That was the third time within the last five minutes, and when Kai noticed you caught it as you turned to the ravenette, he smacked his brother's arm.

"What did you do that for?" the elder twin snapped, shooting a glare.

"He did it for me because you keep sighing," you crossed your arms. "What's wrong?"

"Hyung's just a little ticked off at himself because of the little mark you have on your cheek," Kai answered. "When Zero flew off the balcony, you hit his shoulder and there's a pretty wide crescent shaped purple smudge there."

"I hate myself for it," Kei sighed, looking at you worriedly.

"Don't worry about it," you shrugged. "Could've been worse—my fault anyway."

"You're kidding," he scratched his head in irritation. "[Name]—"

"She said it's fine!" Kai huffed. "You idiot, you're not supposed to object to that!"

"Name?" Snow asked wearily.

"Why so down?" you smiled, the blonde looking up, forcing the same gesture onto his own face.

"Light made me do paperwork...not going so great..."

"Trust me, you need it," Lightning rolled her eyes from the other side of the ramp, Kei checking in with her.

Once you walked in, you were jumped on," AMAYA!"

"YUFFIE!" you shut your eyes tightly, from the sound wave of her voice.

"Off," Vincent pulled the girl from almost choking you.

"Hi Vincent," you waved, walking as he went towards the passenger seats," I haven't seen you since Saturday."

"Maybe we would have had a class tomorrow or today," he shrugged, hands in his pockets, barely glancing at you. "What happened to your cheek?"

"O-Oh...um...I fell," you mumbled, speaking slowly. "....Out of bed."

The ghost of a smirk flashed across his lips," You fell...out of bed? How?"

"Well, when your alarm clock doesn't wanna shut up, it happens," Penelo answered for you, linking arms with you on your other side. "C'mon, let's go! There's a new girl!"

"Alright ya lil brats! Get in yer seats—we're ready for takeoff!" Cid's voice called over the speaker.

As you waited for Cid's permission to move around, you observed the airship's interior. The seats were couch like, and a deep red with black belts on the side to wrap around their passengers. A wooden table was between clusters of seats or couches in back, and in front, the traditional rows of individual seats faced forward, onto the main deck window. The floor itself was glass, and showed the numerous clouds as you escaped from the Twilight Town atmosphere. The lights above were thin, and were only present where there was metal, the majority of the roof being an open view of the sky.

Ten minutes passed, and Cid gave the okay to move around once the airship geared into hyper drive. Dragged by Penelo to a circular couch where a table was in the middle, you were also met with Yuffie, Xion, Rika, Namine, Paine, Rikku, Yuna, Fuu, and Olette. There was also another girl—a wavy, almost curly haired blonde whose locks were pulled into a ponytail—sitting between Yuffie and Rikku, the two trying to get her to talk. She smiled sheepishly, mumbling a few words here and there, Penelo informing you at one point her name was Terra Bradford, her power being an amazing casting and controlling of the elements.

"Stop teasing her," Yuna frowned. "If she said she doesn't like anybody then—"

"Nuh-uh-uh!" Rikku waved a finger in her cousin's face. "I saw it with my own eyes! Terra was ogling Kei and Noctis!"

"She might have something for black haired guys—so what?" Paine rolled her eyes.

"Yeah Rikku!" Yuffie giggled, pulling the girl close and whispering in her ear.

"Anyways," Olette cleared her throat," maybe we should introduce ourselves too."

"Hey Terra, what's up?" Chiyoko greeted with a smile, arm linked with Stella's; Kairi and Selphie completing the chain in the same manner.

"O-Oh hey [Name]," Terra smiled, waving. "I was just getting to know a few people."

"I can help with that!" she chirped, leaning on the back of the couch where the blonde sat, pointing as she spoke. "Well, you know Stella, Kairi and Selphie right?" Terra nodded. "Well, that's Yuffie, Rikku, Paine, Yuna, Xion, Rika, Namine, Fuu, and Olette."

"Nice to meet you all," the blonde smiled. "But [Name], what about her?" she pointed to you.

"My name's—"

"That's Spaz," Stella interrupted, leaning against the couch.

"She can't catch for her life," Chiyoko nodded. "So don't ever try throwing anything at her."

"You wanna test that?" you asked, standing.

Namine frowned," Amaya just ignore—"

"What did you say?" the pink haired girl walked around, staring back at you menacingly.

"You heard me," you scoffed, crossing your arms. "Do you want to test that?"

"I don't know," she chuckled darkly. "...You tell me!"

You were kicked in the stomach, making you fly back at an alarming rate, catching you completely off guard as you landed against the large main deck window panel with a thud, sliding down the glass. As Chiyoko ran after you, summoning a rope dart, you staggered up, leaning against the window for support. She lashed it, and with your body still in shock from the impact, you attempted to summon your katana. When it didn't come after the first flick of your wrist, you tried three more times until holding up your right arm for cover, the dagger end slicing across as it whirled back to Chiyoko.

The pink haired girl jumped, whisking the weapon above her head like a lasso, and attempted to land another kick, you ready to try and retaliate the attack. Instead, you were pulled into the arms of someone, and before you knew who it was, the thud of Chiyoko's body hitting the floor made you tense. Looking up, your [color] eyes met with emerald ones which gazed at you with worry, a pale green physical shield engulfing the two of you with his back to your attacker's slowly standing figure. People rushed for Chiyoko, others for you, arguments already going on whose fault it was. However, the two of you stayed in place, unable to look away.

*Flash*

It was the day everyone first met the shinobi after the chaos of the showcase. In the parking lot, you had just stopped a black flame engulfed chakram from hitting Axel, not taking into consideration your own safety as a shot was fired and instantly you turned to Ryuushin, only to have a bullet coming your way. Gippal pulled you into his arms—his back against the bullet. You peered behind him, once hearing it clatter onto the paved floor, to see a pale green physical shield covering your both.

*Flash*

The blonde released you suddenly with a confused expression, apparently seeing what you did. Looking at the floor before back to you, he shut his eyes tightly and shook his head rapidly, pinching the bridge of his nose as he spoke.

"Amaya...Are you alright?" Gippal asked, opening his eyes as he exhaled.

"Yeah," you nodded slowly. "Thank...thank you."

"You should get that fixed," he gestured to your bleeding arm. "C'mon—"

"You again!?" You were stopped in your tracks by an angry Wasurete, hands on his hips as he glared daggers at you. "Why do you keep provoking my sister!?"

"PROVOKING her!?" you almost shrieked. "I was standing up for myself! She keeps...She keeps bullying me!"

"[Name] wouldn't bully anyone! She—"

"Are you fucking blind man!?" you groaned, stomping your foot. "She cut my arm OPEN!"

"Well you—"

"Amaya!" Kei rushed to you, pushing through the crowd, Gippal slinking back awkwardly. "Are you alright hime?" His silver eyes caught sight of your arm, and they flared as he whirled around, glaring past Wasurete.

"Oh no you don't," the ravenette stood in front of Chiyoko protectively, staring down Kei. "This girl—"

"Are you still trying to stand up for her coffee junkie!?" you snapped, eyes burning.

"Wha—?" he was awestruck. "How—"

"Dark circles, low attention span, failure to notice the most evident things without your drug you call coffee. I heard about it on the news Wasurete, you should check yourself into rehab before I—"

"Amaya, enough," Kei ordered. When Wasurete didn't speak, he grabbed your hand, leading you towards the bunks, speaking once the two of you knew you were alone in one of the far off rooms. "Dammit! I should've stayed with you!"

The bunk room was fairly small compared to the rest of the ship and had plain beige walls just as the rest of it did in the areas away from the main seats. The floor was smooth unlike the pattered floor of the halls, but still made of the same metal. There was a lamp and drawer on the side which faced the door, whereas one entire side was occupied by two bunk beds to the right of it. Across from the beds, there was a good sized plasma T.V., a clock hanging above the drawer.

"I can't summon my katana," you murmured, sitting on the bottom bunk as Kei grabbed a first aid kit from the drawer. "It won't come...that's why I got hurt."

He nodded, getting on a knee before you as you held your right arm out. "I'll try to stay with you then while we're there so you could take one of my katanas."

You winced, alcohol stinging the open wound," Wasurete is such an idiot! Did you see what he did? Ugh! The damn bastard doesn't know right from wrong!"

"Neither do a handful of these boys, [Name]," the ravenette murmured. "The fact that they don't remember—"

"I almost forgot!" your free hand flew to your forehead. "Gippal! He SAW the flashback I had! I know he did, I could tell it by his face!"

"That's memories reoccurring—déjà vu. Not only will you see it, but so will the person it just occurred with."

"That's...is that good?" you asked unsurely, Kei beginning to stitch.

"It should be," he nodded. "But it depends on the person and their reaction. Judging Gippal by his character, he won't be too fazed by it, but it'll nudge his mind every now and then."

The power sliding door opened then, Fai stepping through with a serious face; lingering at the door was Gippal and the girls you were with, murmuring amongst one another. The blonde crouched down beside you, inspecting you carefully, blue eyes finally settling on your arm that Kei was almost done working on. He got the bandages ready, and when it was time to, wrapped it over the gauze that the ravenette placed on the wound. Then, as Kei put the materials away and went to wash his hands, the crowd around the door followed him before it slid closed, leaving you with Fai.

"Does it hurt a lot? If it does, I can stay here with you while the others go out to—"

"I'm fine," you shook your head, forcing a smile as you moved your arm. "Good as new!"

Fai chuckled slightly, patting your back," You always look on the better side of things—don't you?"

"When there's nowhere else to, then that's all I have," you nodded. "Fai-san...what does it mean if I can't summon my weapon?"

"Is that how you got hit?" You nodded again. "Well, your powers are still new, so I think it'd be as a side effect. If it's still not summoning, I can try and see if you can come into the group I'll be in, or maybe I can create a sword for you with a spell—you'll get to learn something too. Just give it some time until we arrive though," the blonde stood. "I'll let you rest now though—okay? You need it."

"Thank you," you bowed, staying in the position until he exited the room.

Getting up from the bed, you tried summoning your katana again. Flicking your wrist one way, nothing came. The other way, still nothing. A sigh escaped your lips, and you held the weapon charm around your neck between your hands, the metal of it cold against your exposed fingertips.

'What's wrong?' you wondered. 'You were just fine when we were in Oblivion, remember?'

A few hours later, you awoke from a nap you took. Yawning, you sat up slowly, making sure to stretch your arm carefully in order to keep the stitches from ripping. You pressed the spot where the purple crescent mark on your cheek lay, trying to relax the tensed flesh. Looking towards the clock, you found it was 6:44PM of the Fortuna time zone. In addition, you finally noticed yourself on the top bunk of the bed rather than the bottom, a pair of legs coming out from the covered view of the lower one.

As you tried to get down the ladder to the bottom, the airship suddenly jerked, causing you to lose your balance and let go. Bracing yourself for the fall, you were caught instead, your face brushed by thin strands of silver hair, exposing the usual covered emerald eyes. They stared at you curiously, a hint of amusement behind them, until the airship jerked again, the figure that caught you whirling around so he fell on the floor with you on top of him.

*Flash*

Riku sat on the backyard patio, hands and mind concentrated to figure out the puzzle box—the Hellraiser. As he subconsciously pressed a tile, a puff of smoke clouded his vision, causing him to go into a coughing fit as he inhaled without notice. Seconds later, he found himself airborne, somehow with you on top of him upon landing. You grabbed the box from his grasp, speaking before he could.

"Don't you dare," you hissed. "I said not to touch it, and what do you do? You TOUCH it!"

*Flash*

Alarmed by the sudden vision before his eyes, Riku sat up, placing you beside him. You looked away, unsure of his reaction. When nothing but a sigh escaped his lips, he stood and gave you a hand in helping you up, bangs covering his eyes once more.

"Amaya right?" he asked, sitting on the bottom bunk, gesturing for you to come beside him. "Remember me? We met on Saturday."

"You're Riku," you nodded, taking a seat," Sora's best friend."

"You could tell huh?" the silverette smirked.

"That and your names are polar opposites, so lucky guess," you smiled.

He stared at you for a moment, his smirk widening into a small smile," You...have a nice smile."

"U-Uh...thanks," you cleared your throat, looking towards the clock as you felt your cheeks warm.

"I think we technically landed...Crash landed actually," Riku said, following your gaze. "Wanna go see?"

"Sure," you nodded.

Riku led you out of the room towards the main deck and passenger seats. The college students who had come for medical support and chaperoning were ushering everyone else out, Cid, Auron, Fai, and Kurogane speaking to a man with slicked back brunette hair and thin goatee in a white, gold trimmed uniform with dark brown boots and gloves. To his side there was a sword, colored in the same fashion of his uniform, only made of the actual metal. By the way he stood, and how those in the same style behind him took his orders, you guessed he was the captain of their defense force. As you passed down the ramp, you overheard the crash landing was created from the airship's battery suddenly draining from overworking a break through the Fortuna atmosphere. You were met by Kei at the bottom and split with Riku, walking with the ravenette to the side, taking in the view.

The sun was a good hour or two from setting. Behind you, there loomed a large marble light gray—almost white—edifice with two lone columns and a small staircase leading up to it with multiple stained glass windows, designed like an old Elizabethan opera house like most of the area you were able to see. In front of you, was a now broken fountain, haphazardly spewing water with some of it already flooding the ground—rubble scattered across the entire area with the brick floored walkways stained in black and red splotches of blood. Black iron gates surrounded the courtyard from the neighboring areas with wooden lampposts every few feet between them, small planters of green grass as well. The airship had taken down most of the buildings that went five meters into the streets, and the brick wall that separated it and the plaza.

In the streets, cars were overturned and objects were on fire, with more blood maliciously decorating the small town buildings made of the same light beige bricks. There was rubble and glass on the pavement as well, and by the looks of the undisturbed public, you guessed everyone was already evacuated. The man who had been previously talking to the quartet of adults earlier called for everyone to follow him into the white building, his group members and Fai staying back to cast protection spells while another few of them began working on the smoking airship.

Through the side door, everyone entered, and you found that the structure was a cathedral with multitudes of stone benches converted into rows to face a large lone stand in front with the statue of a cloaked demon looming behind it. In the middle, separating the audience from the speaker, there was a circular multicolored mosaic tile design outlined by black on the floor. Held up by a few evenly separated columns, there wasn't anything inside other than the color dark gray, and stains of dried blood, the light from the shattered glass roof differentiating them.

Everyone took seats in the benches, and the commander of the troops took stance in the front podium, overlooking each face, his stern countenance unchanging. Once the seats were taken, he sighed, walking down the stand and pointing to the back of the room, his deep voice echoing throughout the empty space.

"You three—are you here to loiter or help with the problem?"

"We're here to make sure you get it straight. We're not demons by choice, but because your beloved Agnus—"

"Who I killed," Dante raised his hand, interrupting Nero.

"Tested on us," Vergil finished. "Why you choose to follow demons is your option, but we are students of the academy too, meaning this little...meeting is nothing more than an unhappy coincidence."

"Very well, but it still is an honor," he nodded, turning away, now addressing the audience. "My name is Credos—I am the official captain of the Order of the Sword's defense army. The Order is the government that runs this sacred world, and by what has been happening lately, our citizens have been evacuated into nearby worlds as refugees. We were skeptical at first when hearing students of powers are here to help, but we will take any support we can get considering the circumstances."

"As you all know, we are being overrun by demons," a follower said. "This means the end of our planet if we cannot stop them. In order to contain the prime source of this problem, you will all be split into groups once coming to Fortuna Castle. These groups are predetermined and will have six students to one chaperone."

"The goal of this mission is to venture out the demon behind the massacring of our people and bring peace back to Fortuna," Credos spoke. "Once the head demon is called out, he will emerge publicly which is where we all shall attack him together. You will be in contact with one another through devices we have prep—"

"You mean cell phones?" Dante called with a sigh.

"He means cell phones," Vergil nodded in the same tone, arms crossed.

The brunette glared," They are just messaging devices so the demons cannot hear your approach from yards away in the situation you must surprise attack them. You are to leave within the hour; prepare yourselves—but do NOT leave the building."

Once the students were dispersing, and groups were being split among chaperones, you got out of your seat with Kei, Kai gesturing the two of you to follow him upstairs to the second story of audience sets which you didn't see upon entering. There were no benches though, rather blocks of rubble. You went to the far right end and sat on the banister, back against the wall, feet resting on the small column in front of you. Kei sat on the rubble beside you, Kai on the railing across.

You tried to summon your katana, but when it didn't come, you sighed, letting your dominant hand lie against the stone lifelessly to your side. As the twins conversed, you tried again and again, subconsciously—maybe you did it wrong, or didn't feel it. But still, nothing came. It worried you to say the least, the safety of your group coming to mind. What if you couldn't fight without a weapon? What if things got drastic and...

"What should I do...if you need to be summoned?" you asked quietly, stopping Kai mid-sentence.

"Then I shall be summoned," the ravenette nodded. "I know how you only call on me if you need really me, and if that ever be, I am assuming it's in the midst of chaos. Therefore, my absence will go unnoticed."

"Same with me in case Wasurete calls," Kai nodded with a smile. "Plus there's always doppelgangers and illusions we can have last for a few minutes."

"What about your look, Kei? And how should I call upon you?" you pulled your knees to your chest, unconvinced.

"I can always alter my looks to become a black dragon," he shrugged. "Gifted mage kudans are usually the color anyway. As for calling upon me...how about my original name—Akinori?"

You nodded slowly," But what if we're not in the same group?"

"Then...I'll find a way," Kei smiled. "Don't worry princess, I'll hear you."

"Again, I'm still here Romeo!" Kai smacked his brother's head. "No getting cozy with [Nickname] when it's just the three of us."

"Don't call her [Nickname]," the elder twin frowned, rubbing the back of his head," it's disrespectful."

"Don't flirt with her then," he mocked his sibling's actions, mimicking his voice in a deep tone," you're making me the third wheel."

A slight giggle escaped your lips, the two turning to you. "You two were so serious last time we were all together."

"Well last time we were all together we were fighting to save the entire universe," Kai shrugged. "That was pretty serious. The way we act now is how we always are and were. I'm playful—"

"Flirtatious, idiotic," Kei corrected.

"And hyung is the same. But he has no emotions without y—"

"So this is where you were!" Yuffie chirped, arm linked with Rikku as the two approached you with a few of the other girls behind them.

"Say Kei," Rikku tapped his shoulder. "Do you have a date to Natsu's party yet?"

"Um...no...?" the ravenette scratched the back of his head. "I'm just going with—"

"Great!" the two girls took each of his arms.

"C'mon, we have someone to introduce you to!"

"Terra?" Kai chuckled as Xion, and Namine took his brother's former spot, Rika beside him.

"Terra," Namine nodded with a giggle.

"You know what I don't get?" Xion began, leaning forward with her elbows on her knees. "Why does [Nickname] hate Amaya because she's new, but she's completely fine being friends with Terra?"

"Well," Rika sighed, crossing her legs," Noa is actually the first boy [Name] asked out when everything returned to normal a few weeks after we relocated. When he rejected her—and I mean REJECTED her—because of...you know the accident that happened a week before, she couldn't handle it. She wouldn't show it though, especially when she started dating Axel. It was as if the whole thing didn't happen! So, seeing him accept Amaya easily and be close with her instantly pisses her off."

"I don't understand," Namine shook her head. "He's just a boy. She went out with four more after that whole mess."

"Oblivion changes people," the redhead shrugged.

"For better though," you frowned. "I-I mean don't you think so?" you added, noticing the girls shooting you a look.

"True," Xion nodded. "I guess it just depends on who it is."

"Alright, everyone, please gather for you group appointments!" Credo called.

As the four other teens went off to find who they were with, you stood slowly and leaned against the banister, telling them you would catch up. If you were being at all honest with yourself though, you weren't so sure you even wanted to go with any group, insecure about your weapon problem. Sighing, you overlooked the groups, trying to find the one that still had only five. But, in the chaos of the students, you had no luck—another sigh escaping your lips as you went down the stairs.

In the sea of students that began to clear after your long trudge down, you found your group chaperone was none other than the spikey haired Cloud who had come across you accidentally, yet in relief. As he towed you back to the group you were to be with on a far corner bench, you immediately recognized the voice of Zack. He, along with Ven, Dante, Noctis and Vanitas were your teammates.

"Now," Credo spoke, the room becoming quiet quickly," you will all be taken to the castle grounds by us. We will rest in the non-danger ridden areas in order to gain your energy right before entering. Then, may fate in your favor."

Everyone was ushered into an underground tunnel from the opera house which, as the path continued, evolved into small cave like areas. It had been a while of walking, and at the moment, you were all sitting down in your respective teams in the biggest space you had come across yet, the light howling of the wind indicating that just a little more away, the other side would reveal a short walk to the castle. This was the resting area Credos was speaking about and by the looks of the piled rocks, graveled ground, tossed aside metal carts, and broken tracks, it was an abandoned mining zone. The wooden framing on the sectional entrances were broken too, barely holding up, meaning that everyone inside had to murmur so the sound waves didn't shock the framework.

Up to now, you hadn't come across any demons yet, and an Order member explained that was due to a gathering or summoning done by their controlling superior. This saved energy, allowing time for eating—which was a provided sandwich—and you were becoming grateful you didn't need to fight yet. Heartless you could handle in hand to hand combat, but demons—not even the Sparda boys' demons at that—you were unsure of.

"Amaya?" Fai furrowed his eyebrows and shook you slightly. "Ami, did you hear me?" You nodded, looking up from your sandwich wrapper. "Well then, your weapon?"

Sighing, you shook your head," My weapon...is not coming."

"Oh," he nodded slowly in understanding with a small frown. "Alright, how well can you fight?"

"What did she mean her weapon isn't coming?" Cloud asked. "Is there something wrong?"

"Amaya is still a new power, and her weapon currently won't respond to her calling," Fai answered. "I don't know if it's temporary or if it might be transforming into something else, but for now, she doesn't have one."

Noctis scoffed," Great, now we have someone to babysit."

"Dude," Ven frowned.

"You know, I never asked you to babysit," you spoke, glancing up to glare at the ravenette. "I can wield more than one weapon, and I assure you, hand to hand combat with me doesn't involve cat fighting as it does with you, Noctis."

"Shit man," Vanitas chocked out between fits of laughter along with the other boys," she just put you down."

"We should test that though," Dante smirked. "I bet—"

"No betting," Fai interrupted.

"Listen," Zack turned to you," Noct can be a big jerk all he wants, but I don't mind protecting you, Amaya! It's a hero's—"

"I don't NEED protecting," you, huffed, standing up to throw away your trash.

"[Name], don't be so hard on him," Kei murmured, joining your side.

"I'm just a little irritated, that's all," you sighed, tossing the wrapper into the black garbage bag.

"Still, don't take it out on the puppy," the ravenette chuckled, leaning against a boulder. "Oh, I almost forgot," he handed you small, thin, chunks of metal," take these just in case."

"...Shurikens?" your eyebrows furrowed as you tucked them away.

He nodded turning to you, and taking your hands in his as soon as you stood," Listen...I know this is just an embellished, dangerous school field trip, but [Name] be careful. Before you say you'll be fine, just...just do it. I learned in the past few days I can't protect you all the time—even if I want to. So...do me the favor in order for me to see your smile when we're on our way home, alright?" A small smile lit his face, and he rested a hand on your cheek softly.

"Um...Y-Y-Yeah," you nodded, suddenly flustered as you felt your cheeks heat.

"Yo, Kei we're heading out!" Reno called.

"I'll see you later," Kei bowed slightly, walking away.

Ten minutes later, the trip took course again as everyone marched outside. There, the sun had fully set now, the time probably seven or eight at the most. The cave ended to bring you to a cliff side with the wind blowing harshly against the way you were going. You were taken aback by the fact that it was snowing though, and considering the uniforms, you shivered uncontrollably. To prevent anybody from losing their footing though, each person was told to pair up with someone in their group.

Cloud decided on splitting the team up himself. He put Noctis with Zack—which took much, much, talking though since the ravenette insisted on going with you—Ven with Vanitas—which almost ended in Ven falling off the cliff—and Dante with you. The silverette carried you bridal style as the group ventured, and was unfazed by the weather, telling you at once point that it was even too hot for him. Once across, he set you down, the wind suddenly gone in the point you were standing in. Your eyes trailed the snowy hill where those ahead of you were going down, and you about to join them when Dante tapped your shoulder, pointing ahead.

The view you would have missed of Lamina Peak—as it was called—was amazing. With the sky pitch black, the full moon that rested in it had a soft white glow, and was so large, you felt as if you could touch it. Angled away from it, there was the castle with an aura of dark glory, painted a dark gray, pointed tops rising to the skies like swords to pierce the angels. Leading up to the structure was a long, narrow stone bridge built over a dark ravine that had metallic sections every few feet, snow bordering the edges on either side. It was a lighter gray, and the small lampposts that rested behind the stone railing became pointed at the end, similar to the rooftops. Before all of that though, was a snowy field of rubble and broken arches that connected the bridge and the slope you were to go down on.

When Cloud made it out of the winds—he being by himself—your group descended down, careful not to slip on the narrower paths or the sleet that blended in with what looked to be dry rock. Then, you each went one by one down a few large, and very unstable, boulders before your feet hit the field. By the looks of it, they stone were once a staircase, now collapsed into their formation by either something being slammed against it, or an earthquake. From there, you gathered around Credo who stood on an elevated piece of rubble, waiting for those behind to catch up.

However, as the stillness of night sank in, the ground rumbled, causing everyone to instantly go on alert. Seconds later, a swarm of demons known as frosts erupted from the surrounding grounds. Their figures of bone and pale flesh were armored with icicles. Their claws were out, ready to shred whoever stood before them, tails dangerously spiked at the ends as well. Though their bodies were tall, and they seemed to be observing the tensed crowd, the creatures had no faces—just a slightly glowing pale blue ice lump that was shaped into an ovular head.

"Alright! Time to fight fire with fire!" Nero grinned, swinging his hand to the side. When nothing came, and the demons only advanced, his blue eyes widened. "What the...?"

"The ring leader knew we were coming," Vergil said, summoning Yamato. "Therefore, our powers are blocked specifically."

"Don't cry, it's a great day being a demon!" Dante smirked, slicing one down with Rebellion. "We actually get to kill our family! Most people can't even do that shit!"

"Everyone, disperse and fight!" Credo called.

Making sure nothing came after him, Dante summoned his pistols," Okay babe, you can use these for a—huh?" the silverette's eyebrows furrowed, finding you weren't by his side anymore.

"Dante! Why are you standing around!?" Zack yelled through clenched teeth, clashing his buster sword against a frost's icicled arm.

"Actually, I think we lost Amaya," Vanitas spoke, bashing the fiend in the head from behind with his keyblade.

"WHAT!?" Cloud whirled around.

Noctis rolled his eyes, kicking away a frost," I told you we should—"

"Cloud watch it!" you shouted, pushing the blonde out of the way from being swiped.

"A-Amaya! Where'd you—"

Interrupting the spikey blonde by grabbing his buster sword, you familiarized yourself with its weight for a moment before striking the frost who was attempting to hit him for the second time by spinning around with the weapon in the air. This ended in the frost being decapitated, and you to stake the heavy sword in the ground. When another three came to attack the group—one directed for you—you used the hilt as a stand and swung yourself on it, kicking the fiend back a few paces. From there, you jumped off, grabbing onto its shoulders, and pulling it down as you stomped on it—crushing its chest, your feet hitting the soft snow beneath.

When you were thrown back by another, you slid against the snow, stitches burning as the temperature seeped through your thin layer of clothing. The fiend raised its claw to impale you then, and with your arm numbing slowly from the snow, you weren't sure if you could carry out the plan that quickly formed in your mind. As you closed your eyes, bracing yourself for the attack, a sudden clear wave hit the frost, followed by a sword that flew into its forehead, lodging itself there as it fell back. Slowly, you opened your eyes, Noctis walking into your view of vision with his irises glowing a brilliant blue. Rolling his eyes, he held a hand out which you unsurely took. Then, after helping you up, he removed the sword that was now lying in a pool of black liquid and called it back.

The demons seemed to have stopped after that. Around you, the snow was stained with black and some red. Each group reacquainted with their members to check one another's injuries as medics from the Order went around to each one. Except for a few, there was nothing more than scratches and next day bruises. This went for your group as well until you noticed a trail of blood had followed you as you waited with the sextet of boys for the next of your orders. Glancing at your right arm, you found that the dark gray of your sweater was stained with dark red, and raising up the sleeve, you panicked to see that the bandages were moved around, your skin exposed, the stitches undone by a few sews.

"Um...Cloud?"

The blonde turned away from chiding Ven about his actions in battle," Yeah?"

"I'm...sorta...bleeding," you said, removing your sweater.

Moving to where you were, he kneeled down beside you, eyes widening when seeing your arm," How did this happen?"

"My scabs reopened."

"Damn. Okay Dante go get a medic, Ven, call Fai."

As the two boys went off, Zack scooted next to you," Amaya? Are you...Does it hurt a lot? If it does, I can—"

"She already shot you down man," Vanitas chuckled from beside him, lying down in the snow with his hands behind his head," stop trying."

"At least I'm trying to help," he spat back.

"Remember?" Noctis spoke. "She doesn't need protecting—so that means no help."

"Why'd you help me back there then?" you turned to the ravenette who was on Cloud's left.

"Because you're my group member," he rolled his eyes. "Letting you die is bad for my reputation. That, and you NEEDED it—regardless if you wanted it or not."

"Ami!" Fai approached in a jog, Dante, Ven, and an Order member behind him. "What happened?"

"Her stitches got undone," Cloud answered. "Should she still come with us?"

"Absolutely not," the Order member answered, scanning your arm. "Her fresh blood is bait. She'll be the end of your team. I'll make sure she gets escorted back to the opera house grounds with the other severely injured—hey!" He put his hands on his hips irritably, the boys watching as you rummaged through his snatched bag.

"Amaya," Fai frowned. "Maybe it's better you did stay back. See—"

As Fai spoke, you worked on your own injury. Fully taking off the old bandages, you tossed them aside and found a ready roll of thread in the bag. Biting your lip, you ripped at the remains of it, and began to clean it as best as you could, letting out a small yelp from the alcohol. Then, with a shaky breath, you steadily wrapped bandages over it securely when finished. Throwing your sweater back on, you repacked the medical supplies and kicked the bag so it was at the Order member's feet.

"Your job as a medic in the battlefield is to heal me. I'm sure of that because of the hat you wear, and because I am of better judgment to my own body than you are."

"Why you bratty little—"

"Hey!" Vanitas sat up, golden eyes glaring at the man. "What she said is true—now get lost before I tell the head old guy you refused to help her."

Scoffing, the man held his head high and left towards a neighboring group. Fai made you face him," Amaya, are you sure you can go on?"

"If I wasn't sure I would've left already Fai," you answered quietly.

"Hm...Alright, you do have your powers with you...Be careful," the blonde patted your back before heading off.

"Why can't you just leave? You WILL bring the group down," Noctis muttered.

"That's it! Fine! I will leave," you stood, infuriated.

"Babe, just calm down," Dante grabbed your forearm, pulling you onto his back in one swift motion. "C'mon, I'll even give you a piggyback ride."

"Noctis hates you, you hate him, just get along for the sake of living," Ven nodded.

"That's alright," you shook your head, slipping out of Dante's grasp and standing on your own. "I'll leave the group once we get in the castle. I'll join someone else's—or maybe someone will be willing to trade."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa you two...hate each other?" Cloud scratched the back of his head. "Why?"

"Yeah why?" Zack looked between you and the prince who were equally giving one another death glares.

"From what I hear, long story short—"

"Time to enter the castle!" Credo called, interrupting Ven. "You all know your respective places—now go. We will be taking on the fiends that are threatening to exit in the back courtyard, as well as those inside the castle. Again, may fate be in your favor."

As everyone left across the bridge, the younger Strife continued," So, Noctis was being a bitch, Amaya lashed back, and Noctis is still being a bitch."

"...No seriously," Cloud rolled his eyes.

"Nah, that pretty much sums it up," Dante shrugged.

"You forgot the part where she was being an irritating common—"

"ARGH!" you finally snapped, lunging for Noctis. Zack, who was closest to you, grabbed your wrists and pulled your hands behind your back. "I'm going to kill you Caelum!" you growled, struggling against him.

The team entered once you were a tad bit calmer, and even then, you were pushed between Dante and Zack to avoid murdering Noctis who was to the end beside Vanitas, with Cloud leading in front. The main hall of the castle was a large room that had two sections chairs in the middle which faced the golden framed portrait of an elderly man who you guessed to be the priest. In the aisle between them, there laid an open coffin which was empty and scarred with blood. The lights came from lamps that hung on the surrounding wall matching white columns and the large chandelier that loomed in the center of the roof. But because the predetermined area you were to traverse was not here, Cloud directed you to a nearby wooden door—one of many in the room.

This led you to a dark dining chamber where the wallpaper was a murky violet with a white floral pattern. The table was set for dinner with the silverware untouched and candles unlit, the light coming not from the chandelier above, but from the hall whose entrance was on the other end of the room. The chairs were pushed in, and the stillness was just too good to be true. You all held your ground, waiting. When the white tablecloth gave the slightest move though, Dante took no chance in summoning rebellion and smashing the end of the table—a demon manifesting from being invisible beside the piece of furniture as it crumpled to the floor in dizziness.

In addition to the one, six others of its kind appeared as well. They were called scarecrows, limbs black and sticklike with faces of distorted clowns, wearing multicolored sewn together clothing that was uneven in size and patterning. At least one of their arms was a blade, and in some cases it was both in order to balance out the fact their limbs themselves also varied in length. As each person went for one, you claimed the enemy that was hanging from the sconce.

Jumping onto the table, you grabbed hold of the chandelier and swung on it until you were able to control the movements like a rope swing. The demon that was on it swung a bladed arm in retaliation after realizing the situation, and you leapt off as it came in contact with the chain the light fixture hung from, both things falling hard against the dinner table with a loud crash of the silverware shattering and shards clattering onto the tile floor. You on the other hand, kicked against the wall as this occurred, and stomped down on the creature upon landing. It stood slowly with sharp shavings of the metal utensils in its back and made way towards you with a limp.

With an idea clicking in your head, you ran to the demon and pressed yourself with your back against it. The smell of blood it emitted made you choke, but as soon as it attempted to kill you with a stab, you ducked at the last moment, having the creature pierce itself instead. Smirking, you pushed yourself back up and glanced to see if the other boys needed any help, only to see that they were rather waiting on you. Another second of silence passed until Cloud sighed, turning on his heel and going through the hallway with the boys following. You waited a second before leaving yourself, taking as many small knives as you could find.

The path led to second, and larger hall with a high celling whose rectangular lights were off. To the left, it held numerous sizeable windows along it that showed the night sky between the open violet curtains and other structure sides of the castle. The shadows created by the moonlight danced on its dark crimson carpet, designing monsters that—despite the conditions—were never really there.

Halfway down it, the group suddenly stopped, and after looking out from behind Zack, you found that it was because of a figure ten paces away. It was human—a boy at that—dressed in a black turtleneck and slacks with blonde hair neatly combed to the side, peering at the group curiously. The seven of you did the same, but when you caught that his eyes were solely pupil, your realization that it was a demon took hold, and when first instinct kicked in, you threw a knife, hitting the small boy squarely between his eyes which widened in shock as he fell lifelessly onto his back.

"What the hell! Why did you do that for!?" Ven whirled around. "Dude, it was a freaking kid!"

"No it wasn't," your eyebrows furrowed. "Don't you see it? His eyes were only pupils."

"Funny," Dante hummed. "I didn't smell anything from him."

"His irises must've been black then," Cloud murmured, taking a step forward.

"He could have been a scared hostage," Noctis scoffed. "She just killed a human!"

"Like we all haven't!" Vanitas snorted. "She just joined the club, relax."

"W-Wait... Where'd his body go?" Zack shakily asked, pointing at the spot where only the knife lay.

Cloud, who was the nearest to it, sucked in a breath," It burned out—like smoke." He extended his hand, taking small steps backward towards the group," Be careful we're not—"

A lone clap came from the other end of the hall then, and as it neared, you were able to identify another approaching figure. Its footsteps were silent, and again, was a male. Just like the boy before, he had long blonde hair—only it was styled to softly touch the rim of the sunglasses which covered unknown eyes. Sporting a casual V-neck black shirt, the chains hanging from his jeans made a light clinking sound as he strolled closer. His shoes were converse, matching and completing the modern ensemble which showed his obvious youth—no older than seventeen. In addition, he had numerous faded scars that decorated his skin that was two light shades from being completely classified as pale. Stopping where the knife was, he picked it up, tossing the small silverware up and down.

"You're sharp aren't you?" his voice came out smooth and enticing. "Tell me—who threw this?"

Zack was about to go when you pushed past him and did so yourself," I did."

"As I thought," he smirked. "You do seem like you're the sharpest of this bunch. Good call Amaya."

"How do you—"

"I know many things Cloud. Like how that's Dante, Vanitas, Zack, and Noctis. Or that Tifa, as well as many other little travelers, has sadly fallen into a little game I like to call revenge."

"You're a demon," Dante snarled. "I can SMELL your sorry ass from a mile away."

"Oh I'm not just any demon," the blonde chuckled. "I'm a smart one—SMARTER than I used to be. Now from what I hear with you yelling all the time, you want Amaya out of the team—right Noctis? Well, your wish is my command," he snapped his fingers.

The floor rumbled then, and you were engulfed within shadows that once danced on the floor a moment later. They twirled as an impenetrable vortex for a few more seconds before melting to the ground again—as lifeless as they were previously—only you were gone.

***

"WHAT DID YOU DO WITH HER!?" Zack roared, the group summoning their weapons, ready to fight.

"Nah-uh-uh," the teen chuckled, shaking his head. "You're not gonna use those on me—no kudans or powers either."

Wisps of dark smoke erupted from the floored shadows this time, and rather than surrounding the six, they dove into both charms that hung from their necks, thin black auras of the smoke bordering their bodies. This resulted in the pendants losing their color, and the weapons unwillingly being called back. Trying to call them again, it didn't work, and the reoccurring acts only made the boy laugh maliciously.

"You are all so adorable!" he managed to say through gasps of air.

"Sorry bro, but I don't swing that way," Vanitas said through clenched teeth.

"Run," Cloud muttered to them.

"Cloud—"

"Run and get help, I'll distract—"

"Mr. Strife, that won't work—you see, I'll catch them. Because of that beautiful aura, you're powers won't work either Noctis, so please stop trying," he smiled.

The blonde teen dropped the knife, staking it into the floor perfectly. It glowed black, and the dancing smoke auras evolved into shadows, engulfing the boys into individual portals, just as what happened to you. Rather than momentarily dancing though, they melted into the carpeted floor where they disappeared completely. The knife clattered down with a low, light thud, and shoving hands into his pockets, the boy walked back the way he came from with a smirk and amused, dark chuckle.

"Oh sweet, sweet revenge...~"

Cloud, Dante, Noctis, Vanitas, Ven, and Zack had fallen into a room of endless black shadows. They were able to see one another extremely well, but other than that, there was nothing else. It was incredibly quiet, none of the teens talking as they tried to look past the darkness. When nothing else was seen, and they all helplessly stood around or sat, something inside Zack snapped, and letting out a growl, he lunged for Noctis, punching the fellow ravenette in the gut, having him fall onto his back.

"This is all your fault!" Zack yelled, being held back by Ven and Dante. "We got in here because of you, and now Amaya has to defend herself in who knows where!"

"Fair, calm down," Cloud shook his head. "This isn't helping—"

"I DON'T CARE!" he spat, finally freed of the boys.

"Do you really like Amaya that much?" Vanitas asked in a bored tone as he helped Noctis up. "You just met her."

"I don't like her in that way," Zack shook his head. "I just don't think it's fair how things have turned out for her so far...Don't you see it? Everything that's happened to her since she got here has been pretty bad. I feel guilty...that I can't help her, and that I know the people who did it."

"So what you're saying it that—hm," Dante stopped his sentence, sniffing the air.

"Is there something coming?" Cloud inquired, taking up a fighting stance.

"Yeah...but...it's not coming for us," the silverette scratched the back of his head.

Suddenly, the shadows on one side of the area flashed, moonlight illuminating the area to show that it was a prison cell made from dark gray cement walls. The six were still trapped by wisps of smoke bars, and as they overlooked the scene, they found you in the courtyard.

"AMAYA!"

***

After being swallowed, there was nothing but darkness around you, and you were unsure if you were awake in a portal of shadows or sleeping. You couldn't even see your own body, and because of that, you were only alerted more. However, you did feel the cold hard floor beneath you, and the light breeze that combed through your hair every now and then. Forcing your heavy eyes open, sight filled them of the night sky which was dropping snowflakes, and you gasped, air filling your lungs in relief.

Standing up slowly, you found your body had been laid before wooden double doors. They were locked, making your attention then go to the large courtyard at the bottom of the five steps behind you. It was covered in a blanket of snow, and the surrounding gray walls were high, their bases and above walkways harboring smoky wisps of shadows that covered them in arches or like jail cell bars where inside them, nothing but darkness danced.

You went down the steps cautiously, but once your feet hit the snowy floor, the ground flashed, as well as the darkness which disappeared as the bars of smoke which stayed. This revealed numerous students and chaperones that—just like you—were confused about the situation, only they were trapped. You heard your name being called, and behind one of the barred walls, there rested your group, Noctis with a split lip, but the other boys looking unharmed. One thing was common throughout the crowd of people though—both of their pendants were colorless.

"Nice of you to awaken, [Name]."

Turning your attention away from the prisoners, you found the same blonde from earlier. You met him in the middle of the yard paces away, noticing now, that he no longer wore the shades. A deeply faded scar was inflicted across his right eye, another on his left going down like a teardrop. His irises were bright red, and around his neck, there was a weapon pendent hanging from it of a double ended katana—a blade sticking out from either side of the hilt. He smirked as you took in his appearance, and when recognition crossed, your eyes widened.

"Jason! You're Jason Tylers! Wasurete killed you!"

"That may be true," the blonde nodded. "But you see, I became a Nobody because of my strong love for Chiyoko, and I was able to come back. I saw you and Ryuu there, you two made up huh? What a waste of hate and shinobi blood!...Anyway [Name], seeing that Chiyoko was sent away with a small band of shinobi to protect her, I wanted to see if she could remember me. But meeting one of them in private, I learned that she wouldn't remember through her eyes, only through yours because of some memory shit—which was confirmed when I caught her in your brother's group. Not that she even recognized me..."

"Why are you doing this then?" you gestured to the crowd who made noise, but couldn't hear the conversation over it.

"Oh, this?" he chuckled. "After returning, I got power over demons, and decided to avenge myself in front of your brother whether he remembers you or not. The same shinobi informed me of your return, and knowing the school goes on expeditions such as this one, I lured you here where my power is at its full extent because of these idiots' demonic worship."

"You killed innocent people!"

"I did what I had to, to fulfill my want! I even sacrificed my demon kudan to inherit its being, and the materia...oh the materia! Haha! Look, I matured—I'm not going to make the same mistake as before," Jason summoned his weapon. "I WILL kill you this time [Name] [Surname]!"

The blonde dashed for you, swinging his weapon numerous times which you blocked with your gloved hands as best as you could. However, you weren't able to hit the blunt end every time, and the delay in reaction when your left palm was slashed resulted in you being kicked away. Sliding against the snow, you pushed yourself up using your palms, despite the sting, and flipped back, kicking an advancing Jason in the face.

While he was momentarily disoriented, you kicked his neck, using the position as leverage to pull him down by his arm, and onto the ground in a choke hold. As he was about to throw you off, you grabbed his blade and stabbed him in the shoulder with it before being tossed away. This time, you were able to control your landing, and came to in a crouched position. He ran for you again, and when he neared, you threw the concealed knives you had, he knocking them away, but being grazed here and there.

When you closed the gap and slid to knock him down, the snow behind you rose to push you up instead. Your stitched arm was grasped by the blonde then, and was so tight, you let out a yelp of agony as the stitches snapped from the pressure he exerted, blood spewing, dampening your sweater just as it did before. You crumpled to the floor from the sudden influx of pain when he dropped you, and limply hung from Jason's fist as he lifted you up again carelessly with a pleased smirk.

As he was about to throw you against the wall though, you tightly grabbed his wrist and swung yourself around onto his back. This took him by surprise, and using all the force you could muster, you grabbed him from the collar behind his neck and flipped forward, throwing him in the process across the snow. Huffing, you swallowed, ignoring your body's protest for you to stop as your eyes locked onto the enemy who stood, head having collided with the wall, with black drops of blood coming down his forehead.

Calling back his weapon, Jason chuckled," You're stronger than I thought!" When you didn't answer, he smiled sickly, clasping his hands together as a black insignia flashed beneath his feet," But you're just not strong enough...Bael and Dagon! Sanctify me with the power from the Masters of the Frozen Soil!"

Shadows rose from the black insignia and danced around the blonde teen for a few seconds until bursting into wisps of smoke. Before you now, Jason was no longer in the form of a human, but in that of a demon that looked to be a grotesque putrid colored toad whose unnatural claws between webbed feet penetrated even the pavement beneath the snow.

He was a large too, with a wide mouth that exposed his sharp teeth, bottom lip rowed with dark shards of glass. Atop his head to his tail, there held a shape of his spikey hair from before, but rather, they were shards of ice crystals. On either side of it, antennas made from the same ice extended out to holding two constantly moving flares of pale blue light, contrasting wildly against his bright purple eye sockets missing of their pupil and iris. His body itself seemed to glisten in the moonlight, covered with a thin layer of ice.

The flares of blue light on his antennas jumped off, flashing into two identical figures of a long haired nude woman. They were two sizes larger than fairies though, and in color were bright red surrounded by a purple aura. Smiling seductively, they flew towards you at an unnatural speed, the one in lead swinging her tiny hand to slap you. Evading, you threw a knife at her, which lodged into her midsection and resulted in a high pitched scream. This in return made you cringe away, the second girl grabbing you around the neck with her hair and chocking you.

When your struggling led to nowhere, she smirked, tossing you away. Flying through the air, the side of your head hit something hard, and when you slid down said object, you found it was the double doors you were first in front of. The left side of your glasses' frame cracked along with the lens, and as you threw them onto the floor, you felt a small stream of blood cascade down from impact, and a dizzy sensation overtook you as you stumbled onto the courtyard floor. The two girls returned to the antennas, and Jason roared as he charged for you.

You stayed in place, trying to summon your weapon as he came closer—after all, you were out of knives. One...Two...Three...Four...There was less than two yards...Seven...Eight...Flash. The cold hilt of the blade filled the emptiness of your clenched fist and you grinned to yourself, forgetting the fiend that was in mid swing of his claw. It came in contact with you, and you attempted evasion at the last second, falling on the ground with the nail ripping your shirt and barely grazing your now exposed stomach. Another swing from Jason, and you rolled to the side, pushing yourself up as you ran to gain distance between the two of you. With him following, you directed towards the steps, and as you reached the door at the top of them, you ran up it.

"Akinori!" you called, jumping and flipping back.

Your key flashed, and as you were about to collide with Jason, Kei was unleashed in his dragon form, catching you and flying into the air. His scales were a glossy black, against the snow, and eyes a dazzling silver, though easily mistaken for gray. As he flew back down for a swipe, you were almost thrown off from the sudden evasion he made—the demon at the bottom throwing numerous icicles at him. Holding onto the golden chain link chain around the dragon's neck, as he continued to swerve to evade, you spoke.

"You weren't trapped with the others?"

'The shadows couldn't catch me since I'm technically a wandering spirit. Kai is down there though, with my doppelganger.'

"I see... Well I need to get onto Jason's back! Those icicles might be powering him."

Kei nodded,' The central icicle—usually the biggest one—is like his heart in an elemental demon. Break that, and penetrate into his skin, demon blood is highly reactive and sensitive so he can get easily poisoned; I'll distract his two subordinates.'

"Right, dive!"

Kei made a sharp turn at the corner of the courtyard and nose-dived to Jason's waiting figure who released the two women from his antennas. Just as he was about to touch him, he veered away, the red demons following the dragon as you leapt off and landed on the oversized toad's tail. As he attempted to shake you off numerous times as you made your way up, and you staked your sword into open spaces of his skin in order to keep from flying away as you ascended his body.

You reached the highest shard of ice on him and held onto it as you pierced your katana into the flesh beside it—Jason letting out a howl of pain. Then, letting go of the ice, you put both hands on the hilt of your weapon and pushed it in further at an angle so as it went in deeper it was underneath the shard. You removed a shuriken that rested in your shoe, and slid it into the opening you created. As the demon then shook violently, you were thrown off him, skidding against broken icicle shards.

Calling back your weapon, you summoned it again, and tried to stand by using it as support, but from the amount of blood you lost, you were too tired to get up past your elbows. Lying in the snow lifelessly, your vision blurred as you saw that Jason was now charging for you again—seeming to be unfazed. However, you heard a quick beeping in the distance, and saw the ebony of Kei's scales cover you before a loud explosion sounded and you shut your eyes.

When you felt the dragon's presence uncoil from shielding you, and he returned to his key, you reopened your eyes to see the entire courtyard covered in smoke. The black wisps of mist that had once sealed in the prisoners had disappeared too, and they were slowly emerging, squinting through the air. As it cleared, you spotted black blood splattered against the gray structure, staining the snow as well with pieces of flesh that were slowly deteriorating, which led you to the conclusion—Jason had exploded.

Footsteps rushed towards you, patting hard against the snow, and you were pulled into the arms of Cloud who had gotten on his knees. He brushed away the hair from your face, gazing at you in relief as he took in the sight with others coming in behind him. With your vision getting hazy, you faded into a quiet sleep—hearing the beating of the blonde's heart as he carried you bridal style, and feeling his warmth which was a drastic change from the cold.

-------------------------------

Zoom: Answers

The ravenette exited the room to wash his hands in deep thought. Yuffie spoke beside him, as did Rikku, gesturing to Gippal every now and then. But, when he didn't answer, the ravenette girl shook him, making him stop in his tracks in surprise.

"Sorry, could you repeat that?" Kei smiled apologetically.

"I SAID," the girl cleared he throat. "What happened to Amaya back there? Gippal said that it looked like she was trying to summon her weapon but couldn't!"

"I don't know," he shook his head. "I was just helping with her wounds."

"New power," Fuu spoke.

"It could be a side effect to it," Paine nodded.

As Kei parted into the bathroom, he connected the dots. A new power side effect to manifesting the weapon meant...that your manifestation power was returning. That was it! Nothing was wrong with you! Again, it was just your power coming back!

"Why didn't I think of that!?" he scoffed, turning the faucet off and wiping his hands. As he turned, he came face to face with Wasurete, instantly tensing.

"Think of what?" the ravenette asked.

"The weather in Fortuna," he answered, unable to bring himself to be rude towards the teen, even though he didn't remember him.

"Yeah it's cold—big deal," Wasurete rolled his eyes. "Listen, tell Amaya I'm sorry for being rude, and I'm sorry on behalf of my sis—"

"No I'm sorry," Kei shook his head walking around him to the door. "I'm no messenger, and Amaya deserves and apology from those who wronged her."

"Fine, but answer me this: would you have hurt [Name] back there?"

"Honestly? I wanted to. But, I know better than to hurt a lady. Amaya could have gotten even herself anyway."

Zoom: In Trouble AGAIN

The other students who crowded around the scene dispersed after a yell form Cid. Leon, Cloud, and Vincent who were co-piloting lingered close behind the computer as the captain himself made sure everyone was shooed off into their bunks or in the other wards. Fai grabbed Chiyoko's forearm tightly and dragged her to the window, Wasurete's ear being pinched in his other hand. Kurogane hesitantly followed, of course disappointed, but in no mood to speak of it.

"I am NOT dealing with this again! And in one week—no less within a day apart! What is WRONG with you two!?"

"Amaya—"

"No, no, no, NO! I asked what was wrong with YOU two! I never asked what Amaya did! You know why? Because she did NOTHING! Anyone who is willing to take your side is biased! There, I said it! I can look over the camera footage within this airship and see that [Name], you started it! Wasurete, you're defending her against Kei who I'm sure wanted answers!? YOU ARE [NAME]'S BROTHER! I know you want to protect her, but you need to punish her when she does wrong! She's officially under your custody for the past five months!"

"I-I know that Fai!" Wasurete hastily nodded. "But it's my job to protect [Name]! Like you said, she's my sister—"

"But that doesn't mean you have to take the wrong side in an ethical situation," Kurogane spoke. "You need to show her right from wrong—even though she should know it."

"[Name]'s just scared!" the ravenette shook his head. "Remember? We established this already!"

"Then help her overcome it. Your parents would be disgusted with the way you two have been acting—especially Naoki. Right, Fai?"

"I have nothing to say," the blonde wiped his eyes. "I don't want to waste my breath anymore—I'm too old."

"What happened to being only thirty four?" Chiyoko smiled slightly. "Remember Oji-san? You're too young!"

"[Name], I'll die within days by the way you're acting!"

Zoom: Continuing the Conversation

"Shot down in record time huh puppy?" Ven chuckled, patting the teen's back as he looked after your retreating figure.

"Feisty," Vanitas crossed his arms with a smirk. "I like that."

"Stubborn is more like it, but yeah, she's a pretty cool babe," Dante nodded with a grin of his own.

"Reminds me of [Name] during summer actually," Cloud murmured, the others nodding in agreement.

"Well, just watch over her," the blonde stood. "Amaya is just on edge because she's frustrated, but she'll come around. There might be some old armor there she can use. I would create a sword for her, but Credo said the demons would attack if any of us unnecessarily used our power—so that's sadly out."

"I'll do my best," he exhaled, nodding as Fai left.

"Or we could kick her out of the group," Noctis noted. "She IS the only girl—"

"Who threatened to kick your ass," Dante pointed out.

"Besides, other than being just some chick Zack's been trynna hit on, I wanna see how well she actually CAN kick ass," Ven nodded.

"What about at school?" Cloud cocked an eyebrow. "I heard—"

"School is school—different from the real world," Vanitas rolled his eyes.

Zoom: Attack of the Frosts

As soon as the frosts spawned, everyone went into attack mode. This included you who was cornered by three of them, making you step away from your designated group. As they readied to throw icicles at you, a hook blade severed one if its heads off, the other two turning to the direction it came in. With them distracted, you jumped on one and swung on the faceless head, hearing the dislocation as you landed.

"Hm, pretty good—maybe you didn't need my help," Wasurete noted monotonously.

"Of course not," you used the arm he held out for you to swing up and kick away the demon behind him," I'm a big girl."

"Okay big girl," he pulled you out of the way of a swipe and kicked the frost's face," I'm sorry for my actions earlier—think you can overlook it?"

"...Nice to meet you again," you bowed slightly, running off to see your group being advanced on.

"Psh, a yes would have been fine," he snorted, hook blade clashing against another demon's ice armored arm.

Zoom: Partner Up—It's Cold

"Okay, you heard the man!" Snow gestured to Credos who was already walking off. "Partner up before going on the cliff side!" At these words, Kei and Reno involuntarily gulped as the four girls in their group turned to them, slowly stepping behind the blonde who chuckled. "Aw, c'mon ladies, there's only two of them!"

"But Mr. Villiers!" a tall brunette pouted. "It's really cold, and we—"

"I-I-I, call Kei!" Terra called loudly, clamping onto his arm as she shivered violently.

"W-What!?" Reno's mouth hung open, emerald eyes darting towards the three other girls. "But...But I—"

"No buts Reno~," the same girl giggled, hooking her arm with his. "Let's go!"

"Do you want my sweater?" Kei asked, uncomfortable by the fact that the girl made it feel as if she was going to rip his arm off.

"N-No! Th-That's alr-r-r-right," the blonde shook her head.

Rolling his eyes at her answer, Kei took the vest off, making Terra hold it as he removed the long sleeved black shirt, leaving himself in a black muscle shirt before handing it to her and taking back the vest.

"Better?" the ravenette asked as she put it on. Terra nodded, cheeks burning as Kei then took her hand, leading her as they crossed the cliff.

Yuffie and Rikku, who were in the group behind theirs, saw this, and high fived one another—their plan was halfway done. Oh yes, they were going to win the bet against Paine and Yuna. Terra and Kei, then Amaya and Noctis will be the couples at Natsu's party—NOT Terra and Noctis with Amaya and Kei.

Zoom: Let's Play Matchmaker: Terra and Kei

Yuffie and Rikku stopped at the bottom of the stairs, the blonde waving Yuna over who was talking in a group consisting of Tidus, Shuyin, Paine, Noel, and Terra. She, Paine and Terra dispersed from them, coming over curiously, a still confused Kei cocking an eyebrow when seeing that Terra's composed face instantly became flustered when laying her eyes on him.

"What's going on?" he asked, shrugging himself off of the two girls' hold.

Yuffie grinned, making the two shake hands," Kei, this is Terra! She's wanted to meet you—"

"And Noctis," Paine added in a bored tone.

"Shh!" Rikku hit the pale haired girl.

"H-Hi," Terra breathed, a shy smile lighting her face.

"Nice to meet you," he smiled back, kissing her knuckles.

"Ah~! They're off to a great start!" Yuffie squealed as the blonde's face flushed a deep red. "Okay, we'll be ba—"

"Alright, everyone, please gather for you group appointments!"

"Aw, poopie!" Rikku crossed her arms. "Okay, we'll continue this later! C'mon Terra!"

"S-See you!" she called after the ravenette as she was towed away.

"That was...weird," Kei muttered.

Zoom: Riku VS Roxas...for Amaya?

"HEY!" Sora waved his arms in front of the silverette's face. "EARTH TO RIKU!"

"What?" he spat, irritated from being interrupted from his train of thought as he pushed the brunette's face away.

The two friends, Roxas, Hayner, and Pence were on the other end of the second story, and chatting about the upcoming party for Natsu until Riku didn't answer who he was going with. For the past few seconds, they tried getting his attention and when nothing worked, Sora decided it was his turn.

"Dude, what were you thinking about?" Hayner asked, nudging him.

"Nothing," Riku shook his head, emerald eyes catching sight of you who was across the room on the same level, a smile lighting your face as you spoke with Kei and Kai. Subconsciously, his lips began twitching into a smile too.

"Is that Amaya?" Pence chuckled. "You're checking out Amaya!"

"What?" Roxas' head snapped towards the direction Riku was looking in. "Why? I mean—where? I-I mean w-what?"

"Why do YOU care?" Hayner smirked, leaning an arm on the fellow blonde.

"Yeah!" Pence poked him. "Just because of that little date you guys had—"

"I was just showing her around town," the blonde crossed his arms, shrugging Hayner off. "Besides, Amaya's nice...yeah."

"I think I smell a love triangle going on!" Sora laughed. "The epic battle of Roxas versus Riku for Amaya's heart! It's gonna be—"

Roxas covered the laughing brunette's mouth with a mischievous smirk as Riku spoke with the same expression," Sora I swear if you don't shut up, I'll call Kairi and say you ditched her for Amaya."

"Hayner, don't you dare either," Roxas added," or I'll tell Olette about that dream of her you told us you had last week!"

"Ooh~ he SO got you guys!" Pence chuckled.

"G-Geez Riku relax," Hayner stuck his tongue out, Sora nodding hastily in agreement. "I was just playing around! You too Roxas!"

P.O.V

Cloud

That was such a headache. I hate chaperoning. I thought it'd be fine since I got people I already know. But no—Noctis has something stupid against Amaya who's in the worst condition out of anyone because she saved us all! The worst part is, it's my fault for not protecting her better—especially since Fai put her under my care. I should have been on my guard...Just because she's as stubborn as [Name] doesn't mean she IS as much of a fighter as [Name].

Dante

Well that was some...prettyboy demon. I knew Amaya had it under control! Hah...okay I doubted her a little but I'll admit, she can think fast and fight fast—her kudan is a pretty kickass too if I do say so myself.

Kei

...I'm a failure of a kudan...

Gippal

W-What the heck was that? Why was she in MY memories? It was [Name] who I saved when that happened—not Amaya...Damn brain of mine can't get that right can it? Stupid déjà vu has gone up a whole other level.

Noctis

I don't feel guilty about anything...I'm not lying—she deserved it! She...she...Ugh, shit, if she dies from her injuries it's my fault isn't it!? I indirectly wished it for her!

Riku

That was weird...What was that? Amaya fell on me and that memory just flashed before my eyes, but she was in it instead of [Name]. Why? And why...why does her smile seem so familiar? It makes me want to smile too...Why?

Vanitas

Well, I think Amaya proved her point. She's feisty, doesn't need anyone's help, AND she can kick ass. Now, it's just a matter of time, before she kicks Noctis'. When that fight starts, I'll be the first to bet on Amaya. But until then, how about I get a go?

Ven

...I feel a little emasculated seeing that kudan. I knew Amaya had some fight in her, but if I'm being honest I'm pretty freakin intimidated. Man...so much for getting your ass kicked by a shinobi—if she can kick a demon's something must've been holding her back from doing the same to [Name].

Vincent

Amaya...Haven't seen Amaya in a while...I need more time with her. Noel though, I wonder if he's gotten a chance to spend time with her yet. We need to know more before acting.

Zack

There, I came clean about it. I don't like like Amaya, but I think she deserves better than she's been getting. It's not fair, and if anyone else thought about it, they'd see that! If Noctis or hell, even [Name], doesn't wanna apologize—especially since Amaya saved our lives and all—I'll make it up to her myself!

Zero

For all the people to live with her...Damn, there goes one friendship—guy probably would've killed me if I wasn't anyone he knew. I still feel a bit bad though; Amaya's got a purple mark because of me and now [Name]'s picking on her got her a bad wound. There has to be an explanation though—she beat [Name] at the evaluation without a weapon now the tables have turned...hm...

-------------------------------

Author's Note: Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 214 26
The drums of war have just been sent roaring!! Now whom is my Father's grand army fighting against???, Well no one is entirely sure, but to instill m...
377 27 13
Born into a prestigious family, Elijah had to shoulder a lot of things- pride, family name, being the best of the best... These things were not what...
101 3 13
When all she knows is abuse, abandonment, heartache, pain, and fear can anyone make her feel safe again? What happens when her Knight in shinning arm...
13.2K 362 43
A girl wakes up on a distant shore...with no memory of who she is or was before the moment she opens her eyes to the sky. The only thing is, in a uni...