Haikyuu Imagines: Karasuno Ed...

By yesmydaveed

Literally the title. Please read the guidelines before starting. Thank you loads for reading, my people. Cov... More

Haikyuu Segment: Guidelines
Tanaka: Sexy
Kageyama: Meat Buns
Asahi: Perfect
Sugawara: My Goddess
Tsukishima: Secret
Yamaguchi: If We Tried
Daichi: Shoyu Ramen
Hinata: Mutual Reward
Nishinoya: The Bet
Tanaka: Senpai
Kageyama: Great King
Asahi: Forever
Sugawara: Any Less
Tsukishima: Shortcake
Yamaguchi: Everything
Daichi: Loved
Hinata: Teddy Bear
Nishinoya: Pizza Night
Tanaka: Sugar
Asahi: Baby Asahi
Sugawara: Make It Up
Tsukishima: Questions
Yamaguchi: Cinnamon Milk
Daichi: Insecure
Hinata: That's My Wife
Nishinoya: Joyride
Tanaka: Your Eyes

Kageyama: Blueberry Stuff

286 5 11
By yesmydaveed

 Three loud and harsh knocks sounded on your bedroom door. You had told your parents that you were getting ready to go out with your boyfriend for Valentine's Day. What else could they possibly want from you? Everyone needed a bit of space when they were getting ready for a special occasion, so you would've preferred it if they could stop asking you niche questions about the date you and Tobio had planned. 

 "Who is it?" you asked as you checked yourself in the mirror. 

 "Y/N, hurry up, Tobio's here to pick you up," your mother alerted you.

 "Oh, okay, thank you," you started going about things faster, "I won't be long."

 You listened closely to hear two voices speaking downstairs. Your father was making conversation with Tobio. Oh no. You would have to be quicker than your current pace if you hoped to save your boyfriend from any more awkward small talk. You supposed you were ready. You had settled on wearing some high rise baggy jeans in a light blue colour. For the top part of your outfit, you were wearing a burgundy cable knit v neck sweater vest over a simple white blouse. Yes, you had intentionally worn the colour red for the occasion. Yes, it may have been a slightly cheesy choice. No, you didn't have any regrets. 

 You checked that your wallet and phone were in your backpack, slung it over your shoulders, tightened your watch on your wrist and headed downstairs. Today, you had opted to use your newly bought blueberry lip gloss. It didn't have a colour, but it sure smelt nice. Besides, it had all that fancy healthy lips stuff. You liked it, anyway. You hadn't put too much on so that your lips weren't caked with the shiny gloss, but just enough for it to create a nice natural look with the rest of your light makeup. 

 When you came downstairs, Tobio's eyes immediately caught yours. You smiled at him and took notice of a blush covering his cheeks. Your father turned around at the sound of your footsteps and stood up from his seat. Tobio did the same, dusting off his trousers. He was wearing a pair of dark blue jeans with a white polo shirt that had a small red logo in the top right corner. Once he stood up, he grabbed a coat that was draped over the arm of the armchair he was sitting on. This was a dark blue down shirt jacket. It went well with his outfit. He looked you up and down, the blush on his cheeks getting slightly darker.

 "Alright, I'll let you go," your father smiled at the two of you. 

 "Great to see you again, Mr L/N," Tobio shook his hand. 

 "Have fun, you two," your mother smiled and nodded in front of your boyfriend before walking up to you, "Be responsible or you're banned from going out for a month." Nobody except for you heard this last threat. You hugged your mother.

 "Love you too," you masked what she had said, "Okay, bye! Love you guys!"

 "Bye, Mrs L/N," Tobio bowed to your mother. He walked out behind you. The second you two had turned the corner and started your path down a new street, you felt Tobio slip his hand into yours as you spoke to him. You looked up at him.

 "Oh," you paused in the middle of telling him about the plot of a show you loved, "You could've just told me you wanted to hold hands, Tobio."

 "Uh, well, I kind of waited until we were completely out of your parents' eyeline so I could make sure I wouldn't get murdered," he timidly explained. You laughed. 

 "You're so cute," you sighed. 

 "I - okay," he smiled down at you. Tobio didn't really understand what was so cute about what he did, but he liked that you found him cute, and that was all that mattered. He was like this with most things. As long as you liked it, he was okay with it. Another thing about your relationship that you loved was the fact that Tobio had this obsession with knowing literally every single miniscule detail about the things you loved. Although, this started when the two of you were just friends and he had a crush on you. But it carried on into the relationship. 

 "So yeah," you finished telling him the story up to the point you knew, "That's all I really know up to now. Or what I'm meant to know."

 "That's great. It sounds like an interesting story," Tobio leaned into you, "By the way, your lips are shiny today. You look pretty. I mean, as always. You always look pretty. But what did you use?"

 "Oh, I'm trying this new fancy blueberry stuff. It was pretty expensive. Cost me the remainder of my birthday allowance. I've still got other cash left from other things though," you dug your hand into your pocket where you had put the lip gloss into just in case you needed to top up your supply. 

 "Blueberry stuff?" Tobio was intrigued, "Can I try?" You looked up at your boyfriend with an amused look on your face as the two of you slipped under the cover of a bus stop.

 "You wanna try some of my lip gloss?" you wanted to make sure you had heard him correctly. The two of you sat down on the bench in the bus stop. He looked at you with a serious expression.

 "Uh huh," he simply said. 

 "Alright," you were excited to see how this would turn out. 

 As you were reaching for the lip gloss, you felt Tobio's pointer finger and thumb turn your face towards him. He stared into your eyes for a split second before leaning down to kiss you deeply. You didn't expect this was what he meant when he said he wanted to try your lip gloss. But both ways worked. Tobio closed his eyes while yours widened with surprise. His free hand that wasn't cupping your cheek trailed down to your waist. He really wanted to kiss you, huh? Eventually, the two of you had to separate for air. His tongue darted out to lick his lips.

 "I like it," he commented on the lip gloss, "Tastes like blueberries. Yum."

 "Yum?" you scoffed. You were a bit of a blushing mess.

 "Yeah, that's more about you than about the lip gloss," he teased, "What can I say? It's been too long. Had to have a kiss from my lady."

 "Well, it's nice to get a kiss from my man," you playfully pushed at his chest. He became just as flustered as you were. 

 "I'm - uh," he stumbled over his words, "I'm your man?"

 "The one and only," you leaned up to peck him on the jaw, "I love you, Tobio."

 "Oh," he silently wrapped you to his chest, "I love you, too."

 "Okay, no more sappy stuff. Our bus is here," you pulled away from him and dragged him along by his hand. He followed without protest. Only you could make Tobio listen to someone so easily. Contrary to the rough and tough exterior he liked to show others, Tobio was like putty in your hands. He adored you so much, and he practically worshipped the ground you walked on. He would do anything for you. 

 The two of you paid the fare for the bus ride and started your journey to the aquarium Tobio had purchased tickets for. From your online searches, it was a really nice aquarium by a very popular area. It was actually located inside a huge shopping centre. From snooping around the map of the shopping centre, you saw that an Italian seafood restaurant was right next to it. That would make for a good dinner spot.

 Five minutes into your bus ride, you felt Tobio's head slump on your shoulder. He was snoring lightly. You looked to your left to look at him. His faced was so relaxed. His eyebrows weren't furrowed in their usual angry demeanour and his mouth was suspended in a little o shape. You placed a hand on his hair and adjusted yourself so that he was more comfortable. He wasn't actually asleep; he was just closing his eyes. 

 Later, more people boarded the bus, which meant Tobio couldn't focus on napping anymore. He kept his head on your shoulder but his eyes were now open, watching the route plastered onto the wall of the bus. His right hand shifted over to rest on your knee. The robotic voice of the bus announcer told you that you had arrived at your destination. You stood up from your seat and Tobio did the same. The two of you waited for the bus to come to a complete stop before the doors opened and you could head out.

 "Look at all the Valentine's Day decorations they've got going on," your boyfriend didn't usually take notice of such things. Before you, he never cared for things like that. You turned around and faced him. 

 "Your lips are shiny from the lip gloss," you raised an eyebrow up. 

 "And just why are you looking at my lips?" he approached you with a smirk. You laughed.

 "Okay, don't get a big head," you shooed him away. 

 "Avoiding the question, I see," he grabbed your hand and led you inside the mall. 

 "Yep," you didn't even try to argue, "Now let's find that aquarium."

 After some time searching (it was a pretty big shopping centre), you and Tobio stumbled upon the aquarium. As it turns out, it was located in the recreational park of the mall, which was disconnected from the main shops. This recreational park was set outside. In it was a cinema, a trampoline park, and a colourful array of restaurants. You spotted a children's outdoor play area as well. You and Tobio walked into the aquarium. Once inside, the warm sunlight outside disappeared to be replaced by a cooler, blue glow. You pushed Tobio to the counter. He awkwardly took your tickets out and placed them in front of the man working. 

 "Great," the man took your tickets and handed Tobio a flyer, "Happy Valentine's Day. Enjoy your time at the aquarium."

 "Thank you," Tobio examined the flyer, "Uh, you too."

 As soon as the two of you were past the entrance, Tobio facepalmed himself several times and you broke into laughter. He had just told the man at the counter, who would spend the whole day serving people, to enjoy his time at the aquarium. Sometimes you wondered how Tobio got through whole days when he struggled with simple things. 

 "You too?" you made fun of him. He blushed with embarrassment, looking down at his shoes.

 "Shut up, okay? It was on instinct!" he made excuses, "He probably forgot about it anyway!"

 "Well, I will never," you clapped him on the shoulder, "You make me laugh, Kageyama."

 "I'm glad you find my stupidity amusing," he grumbled.

 "No, no, don't go sad on me," you tried to grab his hand but he kept moving it away from you. This was what Tobio often did if you annoyed him. He denied you affection. You didn't know why, considering how he secretly loved it. 

 "No," he told you. You kept trying nonetheless. 

 "Yes," you mimicked his voice and plastered your hair to your forehead like his. You watched him hold back a laugh from your impression.

 "Whatever," he viciously took your hand in his and marched on ahead.

 "Ooh, angry?" you kept poking fun at him. He suddenly turned around to face you with an excited smile. 

 "No, actually I saw an exhibit on the flyer I want us to see," he pulled you. 

 You let yourself be taken to this exhibit, stopping by other exhibits along the way. The animals were beautiful, each radiating its own colour of life. There were so many creatures that you hadn't even heard of before. After about an hour roaming around the place, the two of you finally moved on to a separate part of the aquarium. This part was more beach themed, and it actually featured a small cafe. It was the last part of the aquarium before the exit. The main attraction in this part was a large open tank in the centre filled with varying creatures. A large sign stated that this was a 'Meet the Creatures' area where you were allowed to dip your hand in and interact with the species swimming around. Of course, no food was allowed in this part, and one had to be gentle with the animals. 

 "Oh my God, this is so cool," you gasped in awe at the exhibit. You and Tobio walked up to the tank. Right in front of you was a small, red crab moving leisurely around a few corals. You immediately dipped your hand in and reached for the shell of the crab. Once you touched it, you started rubbing it gently with only your pointer finger so as not to disturb the crab.

 "It's so small," Tobio whispered under his breath. You looked back at him.

 "Tobio, come touch it," you told him, "It feels so nice."

 "Uh, I don't know, babe" he kept his distance.

 "What? Wasn't this the one you wanted to see?" you were confused.

 "Yeah, but for you," he blushed, "I know you like this stuff."

 "Aw, that's so sweet," you kept at petting the crab, "Come give me a kiss. You're the best boyfriend."

 "I'm just doing what makes you happy for Valentine's Day," he walked towards you. Once he was next to you, you leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. While his guard was down, you reached for his hand and pulled it down into the water. 

 "Look!" you made his finger touch the crab.

 "Y/N! Don't do that!" he tried removing his hand but you forced it down.

 "Why? See, it likes it," you insisted. Tobio pulled his hand out of the water with too much force, creating a splash that targeted the two of you. 

 "You don't know that," he mumbled.

 "Tobio!" you laughed, "Look what you've done!"

 "Sorry," he obviously felt guilty.

 "It's fine, but what's the big deal?" you tilted your head to meet is eyes.

 "I - I just - didn't wanna hurt the animals," he admitted. 

 "Aw, Tobio," you grabbed his hand, "You won't hurt them if you're careful. Just here, do it with me." You dipped his hand into the water. He watched with wonder in his eyes as you let his hand run over the surface of a fish swimming by. 

 "That feels nice," his mouth slowly stretched into a smile.

 "Right?" you nodded. The two of you went around the circular tank, playing with varying creatures. 

 "Um, Y/N?" Tobio tried to take your attention from the small fish you were playing with. You turned to him.

 "Yeah?" you took your hand out of the water.

 "I'm kinda hungry. Wanna go eat something?" he jerked his thumb in the direction of the exit.

 "Yeah, sure," you headed to the tissue dispenser to dry your hands.

 "Great. Uh, what are you in the mood for?" he ripped a tissue away and dried his own hands.

 "You know, I saw this Italian place by the aquarium," you slipped in the restaurant that had caught your eye earlier.

 "Nice," Tobio finished drying his hands and threw away the paper tissue in his hands. The two of you headed out and entered the Italian restaurant right by the aquarium. 

 "Table for two, please?" you asked the lady at the door. She smiled at the two of you.

 "If you like, we have a Valentine's Special going on," she winked at you while Tobio absentmindedly read the menu taped on the wall, "It's a couple's set dinner kind of thing. Plus you get 35% off your meal. If you want."

 "That sounds really nice, actually," you appreciated her suggestion.

 "Great! Follow me," she led the two of you to a secluded table in the restaurant. You took your seats, placed your orders, and after some time of talking to each other about everything you could think of, you and Tobio's drinks and orders arrived. He had ordered a risotto dish with prawns, cherry tomatoes and a cream sauce. It looked good. But when it came, Tobio just sat there, staring at the rice get cold.

 "You okay, Tobio?" you asked him. He snapped out of his trance and looked up at you while blinking rapidly.

 "Hey, uh, do you think they get the fish for the food," he didn't finish his question. You connected the dots to his thought process. He really thought that they took fish from the aquarium to make this food, huh?

 "No, Tobio, they do not use fish from the aquarium to make the delicious plate of food on your table," you lowered your forehead to rest it on the table, banging it softly a few times for good measure.

 "Phew," he now wore a more relaxed smile, "Okay. That's fine then." He dug into his plate of risotto, ravenously devouring it all. 

 "Oh my God," was all you could think of to say, "You are my favourite klutz in the world."

 "Hm?" he looked up with a stuffed mouth and blushed at your sweet words, "Oh."

 "Swallow! Tobio!" you laughed with bafflement at how he was able to act so clumsily in a streak. He swallowed, but now there was sauce all over his mouth.

 "Sorry," he apologised, "Uh, you're my favourite Y/N."

 "Sauce!" you pointed to your mouth as you kept laughing. 

 "Right," he wiped his mouth, "Sorry. Again. Am I still your favourite though?"

 "Best believe," you shook your head at him with a smirk.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 163 14
My one & only, one & only, my one & only, my one & only love.
412K 8.4K 64
HAIKYUU X READER yes, you read that right • i don't write angst unless it's requested • gender neutral • no lemons/lime/smut • lowercase intended FEA...
177K 6.3K 14
No details. Just read and find out :)
1.1M 34.5K 90
❝ 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘐'𝘮 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 . ❞ Haikyuu!! x reader one-shots