All I Want | βœ“

By MIDNXGHTSUN

[ COMPLETED ] Eliana Oakley and Casen Walker couldn't be further on the other's spectrum. Eliana is twenty-o... More

( ALL I WANT. )
01 | heartbeat in my ass
02 | four empty seats
03 | don't roll your eyes
04 | way to not sound egotistical
06 | it's a recent thing
07 | put you on
08 | set you up
09 | do the bare minimum, why don't you?
10 | a peaceful night
11 | i can still flirt if you want me to
12 | carried away
13 | not the reason
14 | entire romano family
15 | pay for water
16 | don't spotters stare at their spottees?
17 | get a grip
18 | don't wait
19 | until you're ready
20 | frozen
21 | a little tequila
22 | something new
23 | moral support
24 | the chance
25 | several moments
26 | cabin in the woods
27 | truth or dare
28 | tears of happiness
29 | friend-tuition
30 | for a while
31 | deserve the world
32 | unavailable
33 | overthinking
34 | touchdown
35 | spell it out
*36 | euphoria
37 | government name
38 | happy
39 | coconut
40 | talent and skill
*41 | ink
42 | in this space
43 | happy people
44 | all i need
45 | animosity
46 | big kitchen
47 | choice
48 | water
49 | dream
50 | white lines
51 | congratulations
52 | see you later
53 | all i want || the end
epilogue

05 | try not to lose it

117K 4.4K 2.2K
By MIDNXGHTSUN

It's yet another day of work where I have to subject myself to waking up at seven in the morning for a reason that isn't me meeting and marrying Chris Evans.

And/or Chris Hemsworth.

I'm not picky.

"Yo," At the muffled sound, I pop my head into the bathroom to see Cassie flossing her teeth, "You gotta hair tie? I lost all of mine."

I arch a brow, thinking about how the three packs that she'd gotten just at the beginning of the year, "All of them?"

She hums in confirmation, "I don't know where they keep going."

"Well, they're not getting up and walking away, that's for sure." Cassie rolls her eyes at my tone before I nod, "Yeah, I got some. Just try not to lose it. Sky, are you ready?"

Sky comes from within her bedroom, her hair pin-straight and make up done. She has a job interview today and seeing as my work starts at the same time as her interview and the fact that my car is in the shop, she's gonna drive me and then pick me up later.

"Yeah." She announces, car keys and phone in hand. She's texting away with who I assume to be Ian and walking past me.

Cass rolls her eyes, "That girl gon' trip on them texts one day, I swear."

I laugh and kiss her cheek, "See you later. Remember to record class for me."

"Yeah yeah," She waves me off and throws away her floss. "Tell lover-boy hi for me."

As if on cue, my phone dings with a text from a certain person I'd been trying not to think too much about since Saturday's night out.

The night ended off with the boys following us out to the car and us all exchanging numbers. Needless to say, after Case and I spoke a bit in the bowling alley, I was kind of excited to get his number - especially since he was so eager to give it.

Maybe it's his hoe behavior - maybe he hopes to get something from me but so far, it's been all genuine conversation.

Trust me, I know all about his hoetivities - too many of the girls I overhear at mixers and senior events have talked about him and his lack of text-back game and leaving them on read.

And then there's the sex... Him humping and dumping almost half of the female population at South Hampton.

When will there ever be a man whose name holds weight who doesn't fuck around because he thinks he can?

Sigh. Of course, what did I expect from a famous NFL-bound football player? Just as long as he doesn't try to pull that shit on me, then we'll have no problems.

But then again, I shouldn't expect him to.

Quickly sending him a text back, I look up to Cassie who's staring at me with a knowing smirk on her face.

"He's not -" I scoff, trying to shut down her words, "We're just texting."

"Uh huh, that's how it all starts..." Cassie winks.

"Ana, let's go!" Sky calls from the living room. As I exit the doorway of the bathroom, I flash a middle finger at Cass and make my way behind Sky who yells back to the same woman I flipped off, "Bye, boo."

"Bye!"

My phone vibrates with a message as we make our way down the steps of the apartment complex.

Walking into work on a Monday morning is not as stressful as one would imagine it would be. Especially working under such an influential woman - Florence Harvey. She was once a nineteen year old black woman living on the streets of California when she was approached by a woman who was interested in this shirt she'd knitted.

Turns out that woman was an agent for Drea Porter - thrice Oscar-nominated Hollywood actress. From there, Florence was thrust into the spotlight, creating all new pieces for Drea's eyes only.

Her reach expanded when Drea threw her name into the fray of hungry sharks (otherwise known as the paparazzi) and now Florence owns Rio, named after her son with multiple stations around the country.

She, however, permanently lives in Dallas - hence why I get to see her everyday for work.

Despite what many people think because of her past experiences, she's not 'hard'. Matter of fact, she's probably one of the kindest people I've met in my twenty-two years on earth.

"Good morning, Eliana." She greets me with a wide smile when I enter her office. I aspire to be like her in the future. She's such an innovator and she basically changed the game for black women everywhere.

I return her smile, "Good morning, ma'am. How was your weekend?"

"Remember, Eliana," She warns, "Call me Flo. I'm not old - yet." Honestly, she's a good thirty-seven years old, but she looks twenty. Black don't crack unless they ass is on crack. "And it was good, actually. Flew out to Milan for a meeting with our branch over there and I got some exciting news."

My brows shoot up. The last time she looked this excited, Beyoncé signed on as an ambassador for the company's lingerie, "Really?"

She nods and takes a folder from the corner of her desk before she slides it over to me, the grin beaming on her face and her skin dripping with melanin.

"We're having a fashion show at the beginning of summer - June first to be exact. It's right after you graduate, I'll pay for all expenses - from plane tickets to hotel reservation - and, you'll get first pick on all materials and manufacturers so you wouldn't have an excuse to not do it."

My brows furrow in confusion. Swear they be doing most of the talking for me. "Ma'am?" I try to ask for clarification in the typical southern way.

Her eyes run over the green pantsuit I made just two weeks ago when I was bored and her teeth wink at me, "I would like you and some of our other women to model your clothes."

"I'm sorry, what?"

I probably sound stupid as hell right now but this is all new to me. Yes, I work for a famous fashion designer and yes, she looks over my designs, but the most she's done is look them over and give me small pieces of feedback to keep for future reference.

For as long as I've been working here, which hasn't even been that long, she's never asked me to participate in a fashion show unless it's as her assistant or to help the girls get dressed.

What changed her mind?

She rises from her seat and walks around her desk to lean back against it, "I've been looking at your designs for months now, Eliana. You're talented - if this beautiful pantsuit has anything to say about it. I want to showcase that in our biggest fashion show. Now, we'll attend New York Fashion Week in February for some practice, but I want you to create a whole new closet to show in Milan."

Oh.

i stay updating late in the night 😭😭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

640K 32.8K 33
C O M P L E T E D ☼ Book 2 ☼ - catch·ing feel·ings beginning to like someone romantically, but usually unexpectedly - Remember your favori...
126K 3.9K 26
"Dad no." I argue. "Well I said yes so." "We all know that the girls who usually decide to manage an all boys team, are just doing it to get with the...
639K 15.9K 44
Madison Rosales is not your typical 22- year-old. While everyone her age is out graduating college? She's only getting started. While everyone is out...
916 92 16
Tiara Marks a lonely college student finds herself on the brink off losing everything she's worked so hard for when an old friend, William Winters c...