HIRAETH || CAROLINE FORBES

By adelinedownes

in which violet pearson, the siphoner hybrid with a mysterious past, falls completely and utterly in love wit... More

REWRITING
act one
playlist
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
act two
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
act three
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
a/n

TWENTY ONE

3.1K 140 32
By adelinedownes

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan."

"Oh finally. We've been in this car for eight hours straight." Elsie replies, taking her headphones off and hopping out of the car.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asks

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?"

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur." Stefan shrugs

"Well, that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend." Klaus starts, "Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was Prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun. Chicago was magical."

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Stefan says

"Going to get down to business, then?"

"Why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?
Klaus: We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her." Klaus walks over to the car door which is being held open by one of his minions.

*
CHICAGO- CIRCA NINETEEN TWENTY

Looking around the bar, Violet's eyes settle on Rebekah, who is staring at someone unfamiliar. Rebekah stops dancing and pulls Violet over to a group of boys who are talking and laughing rather loudly.

"Sorry to crash the fun, boys, but some of us actually came here to hear the music. Not you."

"I am so sorry, sweetheart. Are we offending you?"
The man looks around to his friends and laughs with them

Rebekah walks closer, running her finger down the guy's cheek, "It would take a lot more than a baby face like this to offend me."

Rebekah and Violet are about to leave when the guy runs forward and stops them, "Ahem. Hey, hey. You ever going to tell me your name?"

"Sure. When you earn it. Now do Gloria a favor and stick a sock in it."

Violet and Rebekah go back to the dance floor, each finding a guy and dancing with them.

*
Klaus, Stefan, Elsie and Violet walk into the quiet bar. It's empty, apart from an old woman Violet recognises as Gloria.

"Looks familiar, doesn't it?"

"I can't believe this place is still here."

"You got to be kidding me." Gloria says

Klaus smiles, "So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender-"

"Stop," Gloria cuts him off, "You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny." She looks at Stefan, "I remember you."

"Yeah. You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be-?"

"Old and dead? Now if I die, who's going to run this place, huh?"

"Gloria's a very powerful witch." Klaus explains

"I can slow the aging down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day." Gloria replies

"Stefan, why don't you go and fix us up a little something from behind the bar?" Klaus tells him, "You two go as well."

Violet nods, knowing better than to meddle with Mikaelson business.

Stefan notices a photo on the wall and pulls it off to look at it, Violet's eyes widen as she looks down when Stefan looks at her, "What is this?"

"Well, I told you, Stefan. Chicago's a magical place."

"But this is me. With you." Stefan shows him the picture.

"Is that Violet in the background?" Elsie asks pointing behind Stefan and Klaus to where Violet is only just visible at the back.

*

Stefan, Klaus, Elsie and Violet walk in are walking in a warehouse. Stefan is still holding the photo.

"This doesn't make any sense. Why don't I remember you? Why don't I remember Violet from that time?" Stefan questions

"You said it yourself: that time had a lot of dark holes." Klaus replies

"No, if you knew me, then why haven't you said anything? Violet why didn't you tell me you knew me before?"

"I'm a little busy right now. Memory Lane will have to wait."

Stefan stops Klaus, "What the hell is going on? Answer me."

Klaus takes Stefan's hand off his arm, "Let's just say we didn't get off to a brilliant start. To be honest, I hated you." Klaus tells them about how Stefan and Rebekah were in a relationship of sorts.

"Your sister. So I knew another Original vampire."

"If you can't handle it, then don't ask." Klaus shrugs, walking over to a number of coffins and opens one. Rebekah is lying dead in it with a dagger stabbed in her chest. He smiles and gently touches her face.

"Oh my god you're undaggering Rebekah!" Violet squeals excitedly as Klaus rips the dagger out of her heart.

They wait for a while, but Rebekah doesn't change. "Any day now, Rebekah. She's being dramatic." Klaus says

"Okay I'm going to go get some sort of celebration food. Elsie and I will be back. We'll be super quick I swear." Violet runs to the car, quickly starting it and driving to the closest store for chocolate.

*
When they return, Klaus and Stefan are gone but she can see Rebekah feeding on the guard. Rebekah looks up at the noise, the anger on her face disappearing when she sees Violet and Elsie.

"Rebekah!" Violet yells, dropping the chocolate and blood bags and running towards her best friend, "I'm sorry I let him dagger you."

"Violet it's never your fault, you can stop apologising every time I get daggered." Rebekah says, wrapping her arms around Violet.

"You've been daggered for a long time Bex." Violet says quietly, her head resting on Rebekah's shoulder.

"What do you mean?"

"Rebekah," Violet replies softly, "It's 2010."

Rebekah pulls back, tears in her eyes, "So that means- that means you're free?"

Violet nods, a small smile on her face, "Yeah."

Rebekah pulls her back into another hug, "I'm so happy for you." She says longingly, "I wish I was free."

"Aw Bekah. You're making me sad." Violet laughs, wiping a tear from her eyes, then turning to Elsie who is staring at the two with confusion, "Elsie, meet Rebekah. Rebekah, meet Elsie."

Elsie smiles shyly and gives Rebekah a small wave.

Rebekah smiles back at her, "It's lovely to meet you Elsie."

Violet's suddenly phone rings and a familiar blonde's name appears on the screen. Caroline had tried to ring her a lot when Violet first left, but not so much anymore.

"Hang on, I need to take this. Elsie stay with Rebekah." Violet walks out of the warehouse, hesitantly answering the phone and bringing the it to her ear.

"Violet?" Caroline's voice cracks as a sob escapes her lips, "Violet please come home. Please. I need you and I know you probably don't care right now but I saw my Dad and he knew about me being a vampire and it- it was so horrible Violet. Please come back. I really, really need you right now."

"I-I can't."

"Please Violet. I'm begging you. I need you. Come back."

"I'm sorry." Violet tells her, trying to stop her voice from breaking as she hangs up and runs back to Elsie and Rebekah.

Inside, Rebekah is looking at her sympathetically, "Are you okay? As much as I would sometimes like to, I can't turn my ears off and I heard your conversation."

Violet just shakes her head, tears pouring down her face as she falls into Rebekah's arms.

{a/n: prepare yourself guys next chapter is the violet/caroline reunion.
it'll be a different then what i originally planned, but i'll give you a hint, it won't be so emotional... well not straight away at least}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 408 12
[ ABANDONED ] "Living or dying. Which is better?" [ KOL MIKAELSON X OC ] [ TVD SEASON 3-4 ]
531K 14.3K 34
After Season 3. Caroline goes back in time to fix every mistake they made a long the way she finds love with someone completely unexpected. The cover...
97K 2.3K 47
"๐€๐ง๐ ๐ˆ ๐ฌ๐š๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐จ ๐’๐š๐ญ๐š๐ง, ๐š๐ก ๐ˆ ๐›๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ž๐ฏ๐ž ๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐ ๐จ" ๐– ๐—‹๐–บ๐–ป๐–พ๐—…๐—…๐–บ ๐–ฏ๐—‚๐–พ๐—‹๐–ผ๐–พ ๐—‚๐—Œ ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐—’๐—ˆ๐—Ž๐—‡๐—€๏ฟฝ...
45.5K 1.4K 21
๐’๐’๐’ โ”Š๐Œ๐ˆ๐‘๐‘๐Ž๐‘๐๐€๐‹๐‹. โช klaroline! โซ โ› ๐—‚'๐—† ๐—๐—๐–พ ๐—ˆ๐—‹๐—‚๐—€๐—‚๐—‡๐–บ๐—… ๐—๐—’๐–ป๐—‹๐—‚๐–ฝ ๐—…๐—ˆ๐—๐–พ, ๐—‚ ๐—๐—๐—‚๐—‡๐—„ ๐—‚'๐—† ๐–ผ๐–บ๐—‰...