Rejection on the Alpha #1

By BlondeDecember1

Rejection is not natural. Neither is being wolf-born, but that one I had to live with. It began with a reje... More

PROLOGUE
01. Rejection Denied
02. Humble Home
03. Black Death
04. Darkling History Untold
05. The Royal's Wrongdoings
06. The Caged Queen
07. A Deadly Revelation
08. Drawing Blood
10. Paint Me In Red
11. Deception or Denial
12. Testing The Ruler
13. Acceptance Is Key
14. Who's The Villain Now?
15. All Clans Together As One
16. The Glass Of Dreams
17. Clock Strikes Midnight
18. The Red Running River
19. The Beta's Girl
20. A Cry Of Tally-Ho
21. The Final Countdown
22. Cinderella Moment
23. The Bloodiest Of Them All
24. Alliances Worth Dying For
25. Red Riding Hood Sights Me
26. Elder Elemental Persistence
27. Darkling Royale
28. Heir To It All
29. Darkling Throne
30. A Kingdom's Legacy
31. Illusional Revelation
32. Nocturne
33. Superiority Complex
34. Cleared Of The Red Smoke
35. The Battle Of Three
36. Blood Of A Butterfly
EPILOGUE
ANNOUNCEMENT
Order Of The Alpha (Sequel Teaser)

09. Challenge Accepted

5.1K 167 52
By BlondeDecember1

(New and edited)
CHAPTER 9: Challenge Accepted

I stare into a deep abyss, it felt familiar in a way. Lips indent a kiss against my inner wrist, decorating my skin with light, butterfly pecks that he thought was attractive. I stare at Martin, we were both fully healed in a matter of minutes, but that didn't change the fact I could feel him in my veins now. It's what terrified me the most, that I could enter his thoughts as if walking through a doorway, like it was easy now. His wolf purrs, soft and quiet, but very much a presence in my own clouded, struck mind that felt sickly like spiders, cobwebs, fangs and blood. Everything horrifying all coloured in my mind.

"We need to alter the clan systems, Alpha." Vulcan initiates around the bend of the library table. I didn't think he had much of a rank, yet he spoke freely to Martin, but while I wasn't invisible, I wasn't directed. I'm a bloody prized, breeding cow for the leader beside me. No matter his caressing touches or side-glances, I was never, ever an equal, wherever I stood. Wherever I was now. He brushes his fingers over my mark, the mark he left on me. It stains, the scar tissue not formulating an invisible connection, if it did, the scar would have healed and there wouldn't be evidence of anything there in the first place.

"We'll deal with it later." Martin's voice tone is flat, dry.

We'll deal with it without present company.

I pulled my hand out from his, "I'm finished with my meal anyway." I mutter, leaving him without a spare glance in the direction of any member who eyed me with disdain, because they believe I'm the cold-hearted villain who never gave Martin a chance. I never gave the bond an important, vital thought. For that, I was painted as the enemy here.

I just couldn't care about their thoughts on that, I cared about whether I would be assaulted in my sleep, whether he'd shove me in his demonic cage again for retaliation of stabbing him and henceforth me. The bond, it snapped into place like a puzzle piece on a board, the image so blurry, so unclear, but memorised and made to connect properly, yet that was a failure in and of itself.

I couldn't connect to the abusive son of a bitch watching me from behind.

He could insert a bond.

He could bite and order, demand and force all he wants.

I will never not stop, and I will find the truth behind the binding. The tricky thing was, I couldn't remember what was said in that library, the one I step into now as if I'm sneaking in again. I stare at the chair I recall sitting on, the book I had, the information I was reading about, but when he came in, when he sat down, when he told a story I can't even remember now...something happened.

The bite, but I don't remember how it happened. I know why it did, but the how is an image in my mind, a memory I can't see into. My computerised brain, it locked the file, an outside hacked it. That outsider—Martin Julius.

When I say his name, it feels wrong though.

Julius, I know he overtook the first leader, how is a simplified version of a duel, a challenge and then a terrific death of the vile Alpha, overthrown by Martin. Witnesses secluded to those who lived here, it was supposedly considered a fair fight. No fight, however, is ever, ever fair.

He wasn't thrusted into the spotlight for winning the challenge, instead, his decorative, dangerous reputation proceeded itself over the years and soon he just became a global supernatural figure, and that was it. It was declared, accepted and understood. Accepted by the council. Declared by his clan, this clan. And understood by everyone outside of those two groups. I hadn't cared about him, until now.

Don't mistake care for caring about him.

I want his balls stamped to the wall like a stag's antlers.

A girl can dream, right?

I grab the book I knew had piped my interest and opened the pages yet again. I look at the oldest elemental brother of the Icelandic lineage. This wasn't the kind of human version of Icelandic people, it's a term given to the elementals of stronger, wealthier capabilities. They were public back in the day, centuries older than what I had expected, given the drawings. No photos, just answers and evidence in scrolls and old books that looked worse for the wear.

I move along the spine of the Julius clan, the version cold and dark. I knew the history behind the children and adolescents used as test subjects just so the previous leader could have an alliance with unauthorised human factions, ones who wanted to experiment between species. Pictures of materials, and equipment, like advanced electric chairs, cuffs hanging from ceilings, silver tables...the list went on, torture devices got more creative and distinctive. I had come across a few when working under the council, and in the investigative forces from time to time.

I was about to read on strategic forces of the old Julius style, when his presence interrupted me again, "You have not spoken to me in quite some time." He murmurs, sounding neglected. He should be, I wanted nothing to do with him now. That emptiness cloaked over me as he takes a seat and reaches for my hand, I don't give him the satisfaction of an answer. But I'm forced to let his little finger touch mine, then he strokes his hand over mine gently.

"I know it will take a long time for us to work, Celestine. But you must be willing to work this out together, otherwise this will be difficult for you, when it never needed to be. Can't you imagine how much happier we would be?" He whispers the last part, stroking my hand with a feather-light caress, his silver eyes penetrate mine.

I stare at him, "Give me space." It's all I can say not to anger his fucking wolf.

He clenches his jaw, the muscle strains before he lets go of my hand, he stands, "You must attend tonight's celebrations for the newly, happily mated in the clan. We are to congratulate them, bless them and celebrate and you will fucking be there with a greeting smile on your face." He snaps at me, that thunderous tone almost jealous of others being happy where I won't give him that. There are no take-backs with that of a rejection against a bond between two people.

It's permanent.

It's fixed and he's delusional if he believes this can be undone, that he can be loved by me.

"Does the newly mated include us?" I question stoically.

"Clearly not, because neither of us are fucking happy." He grits out of clenched teeth, moving away and I guessed that was for my well-being, he'd likely hit me otherwise, so easily angered but I read his thoughts as if they were in one room, yelling across the walls. I heard his wolf push for a run, push to be let out. Not wanting to hurt the female of this relationship.

The doors banged of their hinges as he leaves and Robert and Reina have to dive out of his path, "What the bloody hell happened?" Robert spits at me, before knowing his place, Reina reaches for him, hand on skin, he takes a deep breath.

I stare at them, "Training for the tournament should be soon, should it not?" Diverting was the plan.

Reina breathes out, "Yes, but you both should be...different."

I blink at her, "You mean I should want his touch when not even electrical pulses could revive, tell me, do you both find it so difficult to be a part that it physically drains you?" Does the bond feel natural to them and Martin and I are just utter duds in this world?

She stares at me, "But you're not trying." She looks so disappointed, so upset.

I stare her down, "I will not be taught to bow to him, beg for mercy and be a fucking good girl just so he can keep his animalistic side in check. Leave. That's an order." I demand, pointing to the filthy broken doors. Robert growls, but twists away and obeys. They followed the monster out and I heard the roaring howls from one particular lycanthrope I definitely didn't want to be a target of right now.

Both Reina and Robert were clearly too distraught about the fact Martin wasn't loving toward me, nor was I to him. As if they believed I would be. I wasn't going to stoop so low as to ask Martin's clan about him, what was he like outside of the public eye, because if this is how it is, I want no part of it. But there was a strong enough conflict between us that didn't make my wolf purr in his presence or demand I jump his bones in any way. There was no spark or electric pulse that felt explosive whenever I saw him, he didn't centre in a room for me, I wouldn't zone in on him when we're alone. I'm forced to rein in his wolf whenever he loses it. This can't be how it is.

This wasn't love, but survival.

And not the kind of survival where we need to reproduce so we don't run extinct, literally. This was something else, but what did terrify me is how my wolf would peak up, eyes curious when I open back to the pages of the Icelandic Kingdoms, along with elemental

I move to the couches, holding a few other books, but I open to the one of the elemental realms, some even thought they were just old tales, specialised in giving out gruesome stories and possible terrors to children enticed to listen. I read the information like I was standing in it. Like Roman times in human history, battles and tournaments of the strongest, the most capable in the magic and elemental worlds. Earth, air, water, fire and spirit. Wielding one was common, wielding more than one was considered high, respected, upper class. But wielding more than one, as well as being able to wield spirit. That was such a prize.

"My Lady, the Alpha requests your presence in the main hall."

So now he's summoning me like one does to that of someone ranked lower.

What a pitiful excuse of an alpha.

I followed the maid who conveniently didn't give me the alpha title, but instead addressed me as my lady, and nothing more. I was guided with guards, No—the correct term used is escorted. I was escorted to another grand room where his clan wore suits and dresses, fluffy things and sparkly fabrics that was modern with an ancient touch. I was in jeans and a shirt, you could tell this wasn't a celebration for me. But Martin sat perched and brooding on his throne chair. With no other chair next to it and with the view of a dance floor and decorative tables, his eyes were set on the room, not on me when I stepped in. An announcer giving his open blessings to every happy couple in a suit and white dress.

I was glared at by a few females who clearly adored their alpha. Like I was the one ruining their happiness. As if that eternal welcome set in the sweet peach ripened air was sucked dry of its very sweetness when I got in the room. When I ruined that ethereal streak of light, or when I couldn't fulfil the apparent role of a female alpha...to ensure her male fucking Alpha is satisfied and happy.

How daft these imbeciles are to think I will do a duty that should never be known in the first place. A female to make a male happy, to ensure his wild side is tamed and to allow his thick head control of her behind the curtains, but a controlled, decent one in the public eye.

I will never be that kind of girl. We are rare.

But we are still fucking visible.

I stand beside him with no chair.

Before a maid brings up a stool.

A wooden stool with no back and looking questionably damaged. I shake my head at her and take a seat on the floor. It was higher than those on the dance floor, but Martin was making a statement.

Robert and Reina tense with other leaders watching.

"Closer." Martin orders above me.

"Fuck off." I tell him.

Before the back of my head is grabbed, I screech when I'm dragged like a rag doll against him, between his legs, his silver eyes set in dark motion before he rips his hand away from my head, his legs moving to accomodate me while I'm still on the floor. My scalp stung, my hair probably scrunched up the top with a growl on his lips above me. He lied about his wolf being calm, I felt my teeth numb, my jawbone was the same, everything felt raw, sometimes in a vague pain that tickled and taunted my breath. The way I was being watched, judged and given so many dirty looks because once again, I am the so-called villain.

If Martin needed to show strength and power by hurting a woman, he was no better than the scum who sold children before him. I watched the dancers move in a far too sexual manner for my liking. It was grossly associated with grinding and groping, vile. But nog all of them were like that, only the ones who wanted the attention.

"Alpha, will you care for a dance?" A female with Raven-hair, sun-kissed skin and bright blue eyes asks the man behind me. She doesn't look at me, but has a great, exposed sense of satisfaction when he stands over me, steps down and leads her out into the dance floor. I look at the chair and jump up with a grin, sitting on it sideways and seeing the dark midnight snow floor on the glass skylights above. It was prettier than the shit I had to see on the dance floor.

I could feel Martin watching me while he danced with the female who's breasts looked like they'd fall out of her dress any moment. I'm eighteen-years-old, to an immature Alpha who was far older than that in years. I rubbed my scalp absentmindedly. The guards all looked tense as Martin thanks the girl for the dance, before moving to me.

I stare up at the ceiling, "You ever get tired of being a bitch, Martin?" I ask him aloud.

No answer.

The music stops.

I slide my eyes over to silver storms swirling before me.

I uncross my legs, move and stand up on the chair, hands out, with all their eyes on me, "I rejected your alpha, and he forced me here. I rejected your alpha, and he abuses me for it. I rejected your alpha, because he is not a mate, he is not even a human being. He's nothing but a domineering little bitch who will pay for his crimes. Happy blessings to the mated couples whose male mates don't hit them or cage them because they fucking know how to say 'No'! Drink up your celebrations, amuse yourselves in a world where you think men can derail and force women to be inferior when we are not and never have been. You want a fucking Queen, I challenge your fucking so-called alpha to the Julius fucking throne!" I roar, fists out.

Martin stares at me, "Challenge accepted." His voice is smooth, unfeeling. I challenged his alpha role and he doesn't even look surprised.

Arrogant fool.

"If Celestine wins, she becomes the next, one and only Alpha." Robert announces, staring at Martin, as if he felt he didn't need to be worried at all.

"But, if Alpha Martin wins, he will demand Celestine Colton be fully mated and impregnated with the next heir!" Robert roars out, fist in the air with a grin to last a lifetime.

I blink at him, "What?!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 9.8K 7
Forget what you know about the fairytales of werewolves. There's no such thing as a moon goddess, there's no such thing as mates. Wolves are animals...
198K 4.9K 95
"You will submit to me!" He growled, clenching his jaw as he glared down at me. I raised a brow and looked him dead in the eyes "No 'Alpha'." I smirk...
2.2M 54.2K 66
The day I turned 18 was supposed to be the happiest day of my life. The beginning of my future with my mate but it all turned to hell when I was reje...
44.3K 2K 84
As Lycan's were hunted and killed off a thousand years ago, now humans, and werewolves shall learn what a true Lycan is. All things made a new, now i...