Will you be my Princess?

By shusumaon

"There's no way I'm marrying him!" "Do you think I want this either?" Lyrica is a regular 17-year old high sc... More

Prologue: The Garden
Chapter 1: The Golden Rose
Chapter 2: Her History
Chapter 3: His Visit
Chapter 4: First Date?
Chapter 5: Tournament of Troubles
Chapter 6: Into the Night
Chapter 7: City Night Lights
Character Profile: Lyrica
Chapter 8: Above the Skies
Chapter 9: The Prince's Estate
Chapter 10: To be a Princess
Chapter 11: Downtown Valentino
Chapter 12: Facing Each Other
Character Profile: Cassien
Chapter 13: Ballroom Dancing
Chapter 14: Tea Party Conflict
Chapter 15: Post-Meeting
Chapter 16: House of Castillo
Chapter 17: Their Story
Character Profile: Ryan
Chapter 18: At the Palace
Chapter 19: Dinner with the Valentinos
Chapter 20: A Day Out
Chapter 21: Bottled Up
Character Profile: Peter
Chapter 22: D-Day
Chapter 23: Her Debut
Chapter 24: The Meaning of the Rose
Character Profile: Aubrey
Chapter 25: After Party
Chapter 26: What Happened?
Chapter 27: Christmas Banquet
Chapter 28: Poisoned
Character Profile: Grey
Chapter 29: A Child's Game
Chapter 30: The Cure
Chapter 31: Awake
Character Profile: Lucia
Chapter 32: The Auction
Chapter 33: Peter's Past
Chapter 34: Story of the Brothers
Chapter 36: The Other Girl
Character Profile: Jeremiah
Chapter 37: At the Other Side
Chapter 38: Confession Not Easy
Chapter 39: Visiting
Chapter 40: To my Sister
Character Profile: Ava
Chapter 41: A Shocking Encounter
Chapter 42: Acceptance
Chapter 43: A Child's Laughter
Chapter 44: Drunken Truth
Chapter 45: The Banquet
Chapter 46: Aubrey
Chapter 47: I Miss You
Chapter 48: Past Memories
Chapter 49: Stories Before the Storm
Authors Note 1
Chapter 50: Preperation
Chapter 51: Her Entrance
Chapter 52: Revelations
Chapter 53: Connecting the Dots
Chapter 54: The Beginnings
Authors note 2: Ending is Near!
Chapter 55: Under the Stars
Chapter 56: All that was Lost
Chapter 57: Ever After [END]
Extras; the making of the story
About the Author/Updates
Will you be my Princess 2

Chapter 35: The Council

322 13 1
By shusumaon

All the people in the council arrived in the council room at the palace. It looked like a hall for college students, but instead it was a place to talk about economics and politics. Everyone was chatting around questioning why there was an emergency meeting when Cassien and the Emperor appeared from the front. Cassien walked confidently down the red carpet that led a chair next to the Emperor's chair and he stood in front of it. Everyone was questioning why he was there and they all began to take their seats. Cassien waited until everyone sat down to start the meeting. He placed his hands on his desk and sighed. The Emperor looked at his son to see if he was ready and he was.

"Today I called this emergency meeting, because we have some contents to reveal to the council today. My son will also help lead this meeting."

"I Prince Cassien Ruves Valentino will help oversee this meeting alongside my father the Emperor. As many of you know or have assumed there have been investigated work going on especially towards the disappearance of Duke Castillo. However we believe that Duke Castillo is involved in the late Duke Eric Castillo and Duchess Lyra Castillo deaths." He revealed, "We believed they were murdered by him."

"What!"

"M-Murder?"

"Who did it then!" The Duke of Eastern Valentino shouted.

"Everyone silence." The Emperor said firmly.

"From thorough investigation we believe that Duke Daniel Castillo planned to murder his brother and his sister-in law during the accident. Though, he did not succeed completely because he failed to kill..." He looked away from their faces and sighed, "He had failed to kill Lyrica Castillo. Connecting it to past events there were reports that the two brothers had arguments, money from banquets were missing, there have been other connections as well that we are piling up into a file. Lyrica Castillo was poisoned during the Winter Banquet. We believe the Duke had planned that as well because we have a witness who overheard the Duke planning to kill her that day."

"Oh my goodness..."

"So the Duke Castillo...If he did do all those things."

"This news will most likely go out to the public by one of you here. Although there won't be consequences we need to face the public as there will be controversy and backlash. Right now, I want to focus on a project where we redo what the Duke has done all these years." Cassien proposed.

"What is the idea?" The Central Marquis Trinity asked.

"In this project we will be doing banquets, community work, we will also be increasing taxes on royals during this process. There are many victims other than the tragic deaths of the late Duke and Duchess that have been effected directly by the Duke. I want us all in here to start organizing plans to help fix what was done." Cassien was seen differently for the first time. The council looked at Cassien and saw that he was ready to step into his father's shoes, "Right now I will go over the layout of the plan. Jeremiah please bring in the presentation." The night before Cassien was able to organize a plan for his idea and compiled it into a digital presentation.

The councilmen took notes on what the presentation asked for. Cassien also placed his expectations on everyone on what he wanted to come out of this project. This project was titled Giving Back and it was ordered into three phases. The first phase would be the planning phase, plans to get materials, money, volunteers, workers, to help out. The second phase would be to take action and do the work. Then. Cassien presented the final phase to the council.

"We will be doing a charity banquet at the end. I expect everyone here to donate." Cassien ended the presentation, "Does anyone have any questions?" He then saw the Earl Montgomery raise his hand and he looked over to her, "Yes?"

After the meeting some of the councilman went up to Cassien to ask questions. They needed more clarifications on the plan so he clarified it for them. Within the crowd he could hear what everyone was saying.

"They said he planned this meeting last night!"

"Last night? Of course the Prince is a genius."

"Well, hopefully this doesn't fail, or it'll look bad for him and the Emperor."

Cassien could tell based off this project it will reflect what kind of leader he will be in Valentino. For him the pressure was on and he had a lot to carry on his back.

- at the Prince's Estate -

"Breaking news Valentino! It has been speculated that Duke Castillo has poisoned Lyrica Castillo back in December. It was also discovered that he may be the cause of the Late Duke and Duchess's death. During an emergency meeting the Valentino Council met for a plan titled Giving Back. The first Prince of Valentino proposed this plan to give back what was stolen by the Duke. It has been reported that throughout the years the Duke had embezzled over one hundred million dollars throughout the span of ten years—"

Peter turned off the TV and looked at Grey and Ariana for their reactions.

"So Sien did that?" Grey questioned.

"I guess he did...?" Ariana looked to Peter. "It's just crazy that all of this happened...Almost like a blink of the eye." Ariana was looking at the news on her feed, "People are getting really angry about the Castillo controversy...You guys don't think the House of Castillo will fall?"

Peter and Grey looked at Ariana surprised. That was something they hadn't considered quite yet.

"That...Lyrica's grandparents are old I don't think they're stable enough to be the Duke and Duchess again. Her Aunt and Vivian seem to not be mentally okay either..." Peter said worried.

"So what's going to happen?" Grey looked at Peter concerned, "Shouldn't Lyrica come back? I mean her House is going to fall at this rate. Especially with the backlash they're receiving."

"We can't force her to come back." Peter sighed, "She made it very clear that she never wanted to come back...But, at the same time I'm not sure how she would react if we asked her to come back."

But if she doesn't...

- in the palace -

Cassien went to talk to his father in the council hall as other royals began planning their own ways of giving back.

"Some of them were a bit skeptical about it, I can't deny that. I can tell part of the faction seemed a bit against it. But, otherwise it seems like they're all in for it. The plan does have some flaws because I did sort of wing it last night while I was planning it. I think we'll get good results as long as we work with what comes to us."

"Don't stress yourself out too much." The Empress said worried she had came in once the meeting had ended, lYou're still young Cassien, don't forget to ask for help when you need it okay?"

"I understand mother."

"Cassien we also need to talk about a few things in regards to your engagement." The Emperor reminded him.

"The council did bring that up." Cassien remembered, "What about it?"

"If you are going to lead this plan you will also need her beside you. She was the second pick before Lyrica. I talked to her parents about it a few weeks ago as well, we wanted to announce the news as soon as possible. Especially so that the news on the Duke can calm down."

"Wait you already talked about it with her parents without me? Does she even know about it."

"She does, she was there and understands the duty she has to play in this. You know you duty as well Cassien, you took the oath during your birthday."

Cassien looked away from his father. In a way he was upset that he was informed later, he also didn't want to get engaged during a time like right now. But, he didn't have much say into it and went along with his father's wishes.

"I fully understand what I have to do."

- back at the estate -

Cassien got into house house and noticed Peter sitting at the chair near the entrance.

"Why are you sitting there?" Cassien slipped off his shoes.

"Did you see the news?"

"The news about what?"

"About your plan and the House of Castillo."

"Well I just came back from the meeting so I wouldn't have known."

"Sien at this rate Lyrica's house is going to fall and her family is going to receive backlash? Shouldn't we do something about it?"

"Right now I'm focusing my energy on the project. What happens to that family is not business anymore." He climbed up the stairs.

"What do you mean? How about father? Did he say something about it?" Peter got up and follows Cassien upstairs, "Hey answer me!"

"What?" Cassien looked at Peter with cold eyes. He wanted to shout at him, but he was already tired from the meeting, "Look Peter if you want to do something about it be my guest. But I have my own duties around here. In case you didn't know I'm engaged again."

"Wait, since when?" Peter said in a confused tone.

"Since today."

"Who is it?"

"You already know who it is. With that being said, Peter just take a rest or something. You have the Marlin project right? Go and work on that."

"So you are seriously going to give up?"

"Look!" Cassien pulled Peter's shirt so her can face Peter in the eye, "I'm already handling so many things right now. What's done is done. I don't want to start a fight with you so just leave it alone." He then let go of the shirt, "Just go back if you want." Cassien continued to walk up the stairs and walked into the hallway.

"Dammit!" Peter exclaimed, "I know he still cares about her it's obvious in the the tone and his face...But now he's engaged? None of this makes sense." Peter groaned, "Maybe I should..." Peter thought for a minute and tapped his finger on his chin, "If I do that he will get mad...But if I don't do that she...She will never know how he feels. You know what...Screw it!"

- Downtown Valentino -

"Why the hell did you call me out here for?" James looked at Peter.

"Here is your coffee." Peter handed him his iced Americano and sat down, "I have a plan and I kind of need you to get involved in it."

"What sort of plan? Look if it's stealing something don't you think we're passed that age? If we want we could hit the casinos."

"Underage?" Peter raised his eyebrow.

"There are ways." He shrugged.

"A-Anyways!" Peter shook his head, "That was not what I was going to ask. I was going to ask for you help to travel."

"Travel? Where are traveling to? Bahamas, Hawaii, oh! How about Italy? I heard there is a lot of good food there and it's been a while since I visited. The last time I visited was at this huge party—"

"James!" Peter shouted.

"Right! Where are we going?"

"You, are going to these places." Peter sent him an email of all the locations he wanted James to go to.

"San Francisco? Los Angeles? Seattle?" James crinkled his eyebrows, "Why am I going to the Western part of The States?"

"Well technically we both will be traveling on the same plane, but you will be heading to these destinations."

"Okay but you didn't answer why?"

"Meet up with some of my friends to confirm the items we need for the Marlin Project are on the way. Make sure everything is there, everything that I asked for them."

"You asked a favor from them?"

"Mhm, these were people I met during my travels. I lucked out because most of us are good friends till this day and they happily donated their items from furnitures to books for the children." Peter explained.

"Okay so you told me I'm going to these places why aren't you? And why are we on the same plane then?"

"Because...I'm going to see Lyrica."

"What?" James narrowed his eyes at him, "Didn't she called it quits with your brother? Why would you want to see her? She's probably living the time of her life away from him." He joked.

"It's...It's not about my brother even though I truly believe they need some sort of closure. But, it's about her family."

"Right when the news kicked in I heard they were protesting outside of the Castillo household right? The Duke ain't even there either. Are her grandparents managing the whole situation? How about Vivian?"

"Vivian and her mother are out of the picture. They haven't talked to anyone since the incident was revealed. Her grandparents are probably having a hard time because they were in the retirement phase only a couple of weeks ago, now they are dragged into this...Lyrica deserves an apology from us. I'll represent my family for now because I know they have already cut ties with her completely from what it seems."

"What do you mean by that?"

"It looks like my brother just got his new engagement partner."

"Wait what!"

"Sh!" Peter quickly made him quiet, "No one knows yet because it hasn't been announced. I just found out today when he came back from the meeting."

"Wait so who is it?"!

Peter leaned over to whisper to James's ear to tell him who Cassien's fiancé is.

"No kidding...I mean I did hear she was the second choice right?"

"Mhm, that is why I'm not too surprised."

"Was he surprised?"

"Doubt it it didn't seem like he was at all. In fact it was his duty." Peter mocked Cassien.

"Yup that seems like him. I just wonder how she felt...I feel like she's already in shock with what has been happening and now she has to deal with this on top of it. I feel really bad."

"Well...there is not much that can be done. Not until I bring Lyrica back."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

319K 25.5K 35
A new system of marriage for the prince has been made in the kingdom Taraxac: The Dandelion System. When Karlina Dearcage makes a deal with the manip...
1.1M 24.9K 31
"Who is she?" "Is that their daughter?" "Maybe she's our new queen" "She's so pretty." ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()() "Good evening, My Queen." Th...
1.3M 68.3K 63
*Book 2 in the Soulmates Series* After Malekh's startling revelation about the deal he'd made with Ashton, Elizabeth's blossoming relationship seems...
937 46 43
My fingers slid down his frangible ribs, subconsciously counting each one. I stared upon his scrawny figure. My hatred had quickly turned into guilt...