(SLOW UPDATES) The Best of At...

By Asteka54

(Y/N) is a recon specialist in the Atlas military. When a botched mission leaves him dying in the snow he thi... More

Character Info
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4 (Lemon Included)
New Grimm / Update
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
New Story + Update
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
The Full Harem List
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
(Y/N)'s Full Semblance Explained
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 (Lemon)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Non-RWBY Harem
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42 (Lemon)
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48 (Season Finale)
S2 Ch.1: Killers and Heroes
S2 Ch2: No other choice
S2 Ch.3: Of My Own Accord
S2 Ch.4: A Shadow (Vote Closed)
S2 Ch.5: Recon... It's what I do
S2 Ch.6: Bittersweet Byes
S2 Ch.7: Dreaming of Better Days
S2 Ch.8: Making Moves
Making a Kitty Drip (Lemon)
S2 Ch.9: A Suicide Mission
S2 Ch.10: We're Not Lost...
S2 Ch.11: Ice Cold Killer
S2 Ch.12: Behind the Eyes
S2 Ch.13: Breaking Point

Chapter 37

5K 133 64
By Asteka54

(Y/N) Pov

(Y/N): "Well then I think this meeting is over." I took my hand off my gun but was still ready to grab it. 

Ironwood: "The next time we have a battle as important as Menagerie I expect you to be there!" He yelled at me as I stepped into the elevator. 

(Y/N): "I don't think you understand general..." I pressed the button to go to the bottom floor. "You'll never have another battle as important as Menagerie." As the door to the elevator closed I felt a wave of relief wash over me. 

I leaned against the wall, letting out a heavy sigh, that meeting went about as well as it could've gone. That's not saying much though. As I got to the bottom floor I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. 

Nora: "(Y/N)!" Fucking hell! I looked around, embarrassed, trying to see if anyone saw me jump like a bitch. 

(Y/N): "Hey Nora! That was a very loud greeting." I laughed a little causing her to chuckle on the other end. 

Nora: "Yang and the mean girl are about to fight!" I could hear what sounded like an entire crowd cheering in the background. "The crowds getting amped up! You need to hurry!" 

(Y/N): "How many people are there!?" I was expecting a few teams I knew, but it sounded like a stadium on the phone. 

Nora: "Apparently the mean girl is famous so half the school came to watch!" Ok... as long as they're fighting in the gym arena I'll be fine. "Oh. Oh. Before I forget to tell you they're fighting in Professor Goodwitch's arena!" Shit. 

(Y/N): "What why are they fighting there!?" 

Nora: "Someone was already having a sparring match in the gym so this was our only option." I rubbed my forehead, trying to think of ways to fix this. 

(Y/N): "Goodwitch doesn't know yet, right?" As if life itself was trying to spite me I could hear Glynda begin yelling in the background. 

Nora: "Oh look she just got here!" I could hear her move the phone away from her face. "Hey Ms.Goodwitch! Are you here to watch the fight that (Y/N)'s hosting!?" Panic and dread filled my heart. 

(Y/N): "Nora don't tell her I hosted this!" I was mentally planning how long it would take to get to my room. 

Nora: "He's on the phone right now... ok!" When she paused the sound from her voice was replaced by the sound of wind, like her phone was being handed to someone else. 

Glynda: "Mr.(L/N)!" I looked around, worried that she was going to sneak up on me somehow. 

(Y/N): "Good morning Glynda." I said extra politely. 

Glynda: "Get down here and clear these student out RIGHT NOW!" She isn't the, kinda joking, type of mad. She's furious. 

(Y/N): "Listen Glynda I'm sorry that they're using our classroom to fight, but this could be a great chance to demonstrate fighting techniques." I was hopeful at first, but I could hear how unamused she was through the phone. "How about this fight goes on and I owe you anything you want?" 

Glynda: "Anything?" The lack of pause before she answered worried me. "And what do you mean 'Our' class?!" I was kinda hoping she hadn't noticed that.

(Y/N): "Well I've only helped with the class once but I am still the stealth instructor." If she could see the smug grin on my face she'd probably kill me. 

Glynda: "Why don't you come here to watch the fight and after we can discuss what anything means." With that the phone hung up.

Alright I have three options here...

Option one, hide in my dorm and hope that Glynda doesn't kick my door down

Option two, skip town and start a new life as a farmboy with a dark past

Option three, watch the fight and hope that 'Anything' isn't worse than calling her mommy again

This is a very difficult decision...

So anyway I arrived at Glynda's class and was greeted by an absolute shit storm. The room was filled with people, packed in like sardines, all hoping to get a glimpse of the fight. There was even a crowd that had formed outside the door trying to push their way in. As I was trying to find a way to push through the crowd someone abruptly grabbed my shoulder. 

Coco: "Hey there slugger! Haven't seen you in a minute!" I was pleasantly surprised at the sight of Coco and Velvet, and not some asshole wanting a fight. "Bun Bun here really started to miss you." The bunny girl jumped at me giving me a pretty big hug, her happiness to see me overcoming her social anxiety.

(Y/N): "Well it's nice to see you two!" I said while petting Velvet's ears, which she seemed to really enjoy by the way she pushed her head further into my hands. "I'm assuming you're here to watch the fight?" 

Coco: "Well we were planning on watching it in person but as you can see..." She said while gesturing to the massive crowd all trying to get into the room. "We'll probably just have to hope someone records it." I stopped petting Velvets head, causing her to look up at me with a frown. 

(Y/N): "I think I know a way for you two to get a better view than most." They both looked at me intrigued at the offer. "Follow me I'll show you." I led them outside and around to the back of the classroom. 

There was the door to the same storage room that Glynda made me clean all the weapons in, I'm really hoping she doesn't make me do that again. I didn't have the key, but there was a window just out of reach of most people's jump height. 

Coco: "Umm... you got a key or something?" She said while pulling on the door handle a few more times. "Cause this shit is locked up." I shook my head. 

(Y/N): "I don't have a key but what I do have is an idea." I pointed at the partially opened window. "That leads to the other side of this door, meaning if one of us got in there they could unlock it for the others." Coco looked doubtful. 

Coco: "That's at least 20 feet high, you would have to have inhuman jump abilities to make that." 

(Y/N): "Well good thing that not everybody here is human." Both of our attention turned to Velvet. "What do you think Bun Bun, can you make that jump?" She paused for a minute, looking at how high the window was. 

Velvet: "Y-Yes I can do it." She said with quiet determination, her ears standing up straight as if they were preparing to make the jump. 

Coco and I moved back to give her enough room to work. She backed up a few steps before running towards the wall at full speed, in one swift movement she jump with both of her legs and went straight through the window. It was pretty impressive honestly.

After a few seconds of shuffling from the other side there was a metallic click before the door opened. 

Coco: "Hell yeah!" 

(Y/N): "Absolutely fuckin' nailed it!" 

Her ears flicked and wiggled as she blushed at the compliments. 

Velvets: "O-Oh well... rabbits tend to be good at jumping." She looking down shyly, but still with a proud smile on her face. "Rabbits are good at other things too~" She mumbled something to herself but I couldn't really hear it. 

(Y/N): "What was that Velvet?" She looked at me with a bright red face. 

Velvet: "No-Nothing!" I wasn't convinced but she gave a cute smile so I dropped the subject.

(Y/N): "Alright let's go watch a fight." I said letting them both go into the closet before closing the door behind us. 

Opening the door to the classroom itself revealed how truly crowded it was inside, people had even climbed up parts of the walls just to make room. I could see team RWBY and JNPR at the front of the crowd with the best view of the arena. 

(Y/N): "I'll talk to you two later! I'm gonna meet up with RWBY!" Before I could walk away Coco grabbed my shoulder again. 

Coco: "Thanks for helping us get in!" I gave a polite nod and went to leave again causing her to tighten her grip on my shoulder. "I mean it! If you ever need help with anything my team is a call away!" 

(Y/N): "I may take you up on that offer sooner than you think!" We both exchanged smiles as she finally let go. 

I pushed my way through the crowds, it wasn't too hard since my own reputation had spread around the school after my run ins with Cardin and his crew. After about a minute of wading my way through the crowd I was right next to RWBY, well RWB technically, and JNPR. Ruby turned around and was the first one to notice me. 

Ruby: "Hey look (Y/N) made it!" I smiled but the world seemed to fade out around me for a moment, like I was suddenly in the same foggy mental state as a dream. "Why won't you tell me what happened to my mom! Why would you betray me like this!" The rest of the crowd dispersed as it was just me and her. 

(Y/N): "I thought it would be best for you." I said out loud, but my lips didn't move. "You don't know what these people would do to keep control!" Ruby drew her scythe and charged at me, I closed my eyes as she swung her weapon. 

Ruby: "(Y/N)? (Y/N)?" The fog around my mental state was lifted as I looked at the short girl standing in front of me. "Are you okay? You were just staring at me for a second there?" I put on my best smile like nothing had happened. 

(Y/N): "Yeah, have I ever not been okay?" I said in a cocky way, but I was anything but okay. My heart was still beating like I had run a marathon... or woken up from a nightmare. 

Ruby: "Well I wouldn't say you were 'okay' when Weiss first found you." I laughed while looking around the room, trying to ground myself in reality. 

This wasn't the first time something like this had happened to me, but I thought the panic attacks and hallucinations had stopped shortly after I quit being the Shadow of Atlas. I guess it's been a busy few days... I just need some good rest is all. 

I was so busy thinking to myself that I hadn't noticed I had followed Ruby and was now standing with everyone else. 

Weiss: "I can't believe she's actually going to fight a world renowned fighter." She said to no one in particular before turning towards Yang, who was already geared up in the arena. "If you're going to represent our team you better have the decency to win!" 

Kali: "Such a cool fight on the first day here!" She said, barely able to stand still with overflowing excitement. 

Blake: "The fight should be pretty interesting." It was hard to believe that they were mother and daughter, they acted so differently. 

Suddenly the loud scratching sound of microphone feedback was heard as Goodwitch walked into the center of the arena. The crowd went silent waiting for her to speak. 

Glynda: "Ladies and Gentleman! Todays, unsanctioned, event will be a sparring match between the schools very own Yang Xiao Long of team RWBY!" She paused as a decent portion of the crowd cheered for Yang. "And the ex-champion of 1v1 arena fights, The Beauty of Mistral, Tifa Lockhart!" It seemed like the entire crowd went crazy at the sound of her name, Yang even looked a little disheartened for a second before steeling herself. 

Glynda: "The rules are simple, first when someone's aura reaches zero then the fight is over!" I didn't know there was a second rule. "Second, in arena style sparring matches semblances will not be allowed!" 

An audible "WHAT!" came from my friends standing next to me. Yang's semblance would've given her a decent advantage, but now it's purely down to one question. 

Who's the better brawler? 

Glynda: "On the sound of the bell the match will begin!" She turned towards Yang. "Miss Xiao Long are you ready!" 

Yang: "Yes mam!" Glynda turned to Tifa. 

Glynda: "Miss Lockhart are you ready!" 

Tifa: "Absolutely!" 

With that Glynda left the arena, heading to her spot where she could both judge the fight and hit the bell to start it. The room went silent with anticipation. 

*Ding* *Ding* 

END OF CH.37

A/N: I know some of you are going to hate me for ending it there but I want to do something before I write the actual fight. I'm going to take everyone's comments about what they think should happen into consideration. 

So if you think Yang should win then comment why, and if you think Tifa would win then comment why. But this isn't a vote, one side having more comments than the other won't determine who wins... but a good argument might. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.5K 607 24
It's been lonely for Y/N after all these years. Losing his mother and now living in the forest to fend for himself. It wouldn't be bad if not for the...
474 19 13
(RWBY various (girls and guys) x Female!OC) ❁"𝘞𝘦, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦, 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘮𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥; 𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘰 𝘦𝘢...
111K 2.3K 42
This is an RWBY fanfic in which the Winter Soldier meets RWBY. The reader was born without Semblance or Aura. He had to train himself to achieve his...
267 0 13
Disclaimer: I don't own RWBY, they belong to RoosterTeeth. I own Team LADR This is an au so somethings that happen in the show will not happen in the...