Alpha Daughter {Discontinued}

By X_Leigh_X

One night alpha Jake finds his mate, Melanie, and the same day they met they share a night of love an passion... More

- First Things first -
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen { Part One }
Chapter Sixteen { Part Two }
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
New Cover
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
:)
A/N

Chapter Eight

16.2K 537 63
By X_Leigh_X

~ Kristina's POV ~

~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~ 🌟 ~

I sit, stiff and awkward across my from my father who looks just as tense. We hadn't spoken since I'd arrived.

Once I'd left the packs infirmary I was escorted to my fathers house by the beta - Nico - and a few other members of my fathers pack. Then I was lead to where he awaited me in his office. The walk over had been silent also, but this was too silent, almost unbearable.

I shifted uncomfortably under my fathers scrutiny. His eyes just focused on my form, breathing everything in and studying it.

I clear my throat and look away from him and down at my hands which were fingering at my dress. "So," I say, being the first to break the quiet. That seemed to snap him out of his stupor too because he leaned back in his chair, a slight frown on his face. "Did you uh, did you want to ask something?"

His eyes flicker over my face a few times before he answers. "I just," He sighs. "How is this possible?" My eyes go wide. He wanted me to give him the talk? Oh hell no!

"Uh, s-surely you should, um, know about that. I mean, you sorta did it." I stutter out, the tips of my ears going red from embarrassment.

It was his turn for his eyes to widen as he stared at me and I felt myself flush. Okay then, that wasn't what he meant. Right. . .

"Uh, no, I know but. . ." He trails off, deep in thought. I tap a finger against my leg steadily as I gaze around his office. I hadn't been paying attention to the details before but I was very orderly.

Behind my chair - which was opposite my fathers desk - there were at least five rows of book cases filled with thousands of books. Shelves lined the walls behind my fathers desk, holding small bits and pieces of china ordainments and pictures frames. The desk opposite me was a large red oak one and it concealed the bottom of my fathers swirly, leather high backed chair.

"She never told me," He finishes. I shifted, once again I was feeling uncomfortable. I had the suspicion that feeling would stay with me for a while. "Why? Why didn't she tell me?" He didn't sound angry, just upset. It was the sound of a broken man.

"Um, with all due respect," I start, twiddling with my fingers which were still planted in my lap. I was unable to keep still. He looked at me, his blue eyes were intense as he waited for me to speak. "I don't think you were on much of a talking basis."

He nods, like he expected that but he still took it in. "But, why didn't she come back? She knew where I was, her family is here. Why didn't she at least call me? It's been sixteen years." He was staring off into space looking hurt and unfocused. I looked away, giving him time to compose himself.

"Maybe she'll visit sometime?" I say unsurely, then is instantly felt bad for giving him false hope. My mom didn't even want to see him. Just talking to him was a stretch and a huge leap for her.

"Maybe." He agrees, not looking like he believed my words. It went silent after that, only this time it wasn't uncomfortable. He cleared his throat suddenly and returned his attention to me. "You're Kristina?" He asks, needing conformation.

"Yes."

"It's a beautiful name." He compliments, looking genuine. I smile and thank him gratefully. "What's your full name?"

"Kristina Elle-Rose Lewis."

He nods, a faint smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Rose is my mothers name." He tells me, a small glint in his eyes. I smile, maybe mom did want me to be apart of him too.

"Are my grandparents alive?" I ask tentatively. Mom didn't even know if her parents - my grandparents - were alive, she just went out on a whim and said that they were.

"The ones on my side are," He tells me as he pushes his chair back from his desk and gets to his feet. "But the Lewis's. . . I'm not so sure." He goes to a filing cabinet I hadn't seen in the room before and unlocks it with a small key he had produced from his back pocket.

I nod, bracing myself for the possibility that they were gone as he flicked through the files until he came across the Lewis's.

"Didn't you visit them? I mean, you must've known they were my mothers parents."

He looks up at me then back down at the files. "Uh, no. They sort of hate me." I have to hide my smile. "It's a large pack," He explains to me. "We keep the information about the families in these folders to keep up. I haven't checked in with the Lewis's in a while."

I nod. "Why not?"

"I have had bigger things on my mind." He says vaguely but I knew what he meant. When I had told him I was his daughter he'd asked me if I was 'one of those rogues lurking around' so it wasn't hard to guess that there was even more trouble in paradise. Clearly those rogues were planning something. Plus he just found out he has a daughter.

"Ah," He says, turning to me. "They're still alive. Old, but alive." It felt as if a tone of bricks had been lifted from my shoulders and a huge weight off of my chest. I found myself grinning.

My father sat himself back down in the chair behind the big oak desk and stared at me nervously.

"Are you hungry?" He asks, breaking the silence. "I mean, you eat, right? You like to eat? Kids eat. You're supposed to eat too. Do you want to eat?" I nod slowly, slightly amused. He nods and gets to his feet, heading towards the door. "Follow me." He says and I do.

Once we are in the kitchen he just sort of stops there and stares at the rows of cupboards on the walls like they were aliens. He indicates for me to sit down at the kitchen island so I do, studying him carefully.

"Er." he mutters as he searches through the cupboards which are piled up with so much food that it's practically tumbling out of it. He goes to the freezer and pulls out a bag of frozen peas. He stares down at it for a second before shrugging, turning on the stove and throwing the bag on top of it, not removing it from the bag or even putting it in a pot.

I let out a short squeaking noise and bolt forwards, gripping the corner of the bag and yanking the pees off the stove before dumping it on the floor, stomping out the flames.

I turn to look at my father, my heart beating fast in my chest. He look so confused as he look from the bag of frozen peas, to the stove and then to me and back again.

"Uh," I say. "Why don't I make lunch?" To my relief, he nods and takes a seat at the kitchen island without much of a fight.

I begin rummaging through the cupboards, searching for something that wasn't unhealthy.

"Um, so what do you like?" I question, looking over my shoulder at him.

"Meat."

I grin. Josh loves meat too, I thought to myself as I went into the refrigerator. I pursed my lips, scanning the choices of meat.

"I could makes some sandwiches or pasta." I tell my dad. He hums in thought.

"Pasta," He tells me. "Please." He adds, almost like that word was just as foreign as the kitchen. I nod and grab all the things needed before putting it on the stove to cook.

"Did your mom teach you to cook?" My father asked me in a strained voice. I pretended not to notice.

"Um, yeah. She used to let my help with lunch and dinner all the time."

"Not breakfast?"

"I don't even wake up in the morning." He chuckles at that and a small smile makes it's way onto my lips. "Plus she makes the best blueberry pancakes in the world. I tried to cook some once and it turned out tasting horrid. And all over the floor and ceiling."

He chuckles gruffly. "I'm not the best cook either." He confesses and I laugh. I'd noticed that much when he set the bag of pees on fire.

We continue like that, making idle chit chat as stirred the pasta. I learnt a lot about him. He has an older brother - my uncle - and two younger brothers who are also my uncles ( obviously ). His favourite colour is green and the pack is one of the most important things in his life. He nearly burnt his house down when he was twelve because he tried making mac and cheese - his favourite dish - and failed. Nico - the beta - has been his best friend since childhood and they were a very troublesome pair when they were pups.

"Why didn't your brother take over the pack?" I ask as I serve up the pasta.

"He didn't want the responsibility of it. He's more of a go with the flow type of guy and he sort of lives in the moment."

"So, he wanted to live a normal life?"

"Yes and no," I raise a brow at him. "He didn't want to be involved with a pack life anymore so he went rogue. Rogue life isn't normal from what I hear."

"It's not so bad," I says setting his bowl down in front of him before taking seat beside him to begin eating my own steaming bowl of pasta. "I mean, the humans are none the wiser. You can get a job and start a family but as long as it's on unclaimed land. You do that and you're fine. Well, that is if you don't have run-ins with other rogues. Some a worse than others."

"Worse how?" He asks, looking genuinely interested.

"Some are killers, cold blooded killers. They attack innocents, even humans. They like the. . ." I trial off, searching for the right word to use. "-rush it gives them. The feeling power. They like knowing that they can kill without punishment."

"Why would they attack humans?" He mutters to himself as he starts digging into the pasta. "It's sick, they can't even defend themselv- Oh my goddess. This is amazing."

I grin, happy that he liked my food. "Really?"

"Really," He confirms before continuing to eat the food I'd made for us. "I haven't had a proper meal in years." I raise a brow.

"You're really that bad at cooking?" I ask.

"Worse." He says as he takes one last bite, finishing off his meal. I gape, I'd barely even had two mouthfuls and he'd cleared his bowl quicker than Josh ever could and he eats like a dog.

Get it?

No. Okay. . .

"There's more in the pot." I tell him, pointing at the large soup kitchen type pot I'd found. He nods and gets to his feet, filling his bowl up with more pasta.

"So what about you," he asks as he scoops piles and piles into his bowl until it resembles a mountain. I raise a brow in question despite the fact that he couldn't see because his back was to me. "How was your life outside of a pack?"

"Oh, uh," I said, tucking a stay lock of blonde hair behind my ear. "Yeah, fine, I guess. We lived a pretty basic life and mom took good care of us all."

"Us?"

"Oh yeah. My friends. There is Josh, you met him before-"

"The one who put three of my men in the infirmary?" He asks inquisitively as he turns and leans back against the counter.

I nod, a small smile playing at the edges of my lips. "Uh, yeah. He's very. . . protective." My father raises a brow, indicating for me to continue. "He has a younger sister - Savannah - he left pack life for her. Her mate was one of the bad rogues and made her betray her old pack for him. When she was caught they kicked her out, he's gone now. Josh left to protect her. She doesn't have a very strong wolf." He nods, taking this into account.

"He is aware he could join a pack if he explained the circumstances of why he is a rogue?"

I shake my head. "No, he wouldn't do that. He's too selfless. The only time he'd do that is if my mom, me and Savannah died or something." Too late I realised my mistake. My fathers eyes darkened and I felt fear crawl up the back of my spine. My last encounter with his wolf ended up in me having cuts, bruises and broke bones everywhere.

"No one will harm you or my mate." He growls, hands clenching into fists.

"Y-yeah, I know that. It was just a-" I stutter, stoping myself at last minute. "That won't happen." I decide instead, hoping it would calm his wolf. Surprisingly, I had said it strongly and steadily, my confidence showing through.

His dark eyes fade back into their regular blue colour which I'd found myself accustomed too.

"I'll protect you Kristina," he tells me determinedly, looking me dead in the eye. "Always."

This was a sort chapter but we got some nice little father and daughter bonding time going on.

I can't believe how many votes and comments this has gotten! I'd like to thank all of you for that and giving this story a chance. If you like it a lot tell me! Talk about it in the comments!

I'd also like to ask if some of you could add tell some people about this story, I'd really like to get it out there and get some more people on the Alpha Daughter choo-choo train!

I'm embarrassed. Pretend I didn't put that about the train.

I might update again today if you want. But I want I would like to at least get at least ten comments and five votes for an early update. I'll update tomorrow even if I don't get to that target. The next chapter will be slightly longer but not huge the the previous chapters.

Thank you guys! Love you all!

- C

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

712K 21K 33
Madison James, seventeen year old werewolf, is miserable. Her father abuses her every day for stupid reasons like tripping over her own two feet, he...
603K 15.6K 28
After her pack was killed by Rogues, Laura becomes a part of the Blue Moon Pack when the Alpha takes her in. When her Guardian Bond to the Alpha's da...
57 16 8
A backpacking trip through America ends with a kiss and a night that Emma would never forget. Now older and mature, 5 years later Emma returns to mee...
228K 5K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...