HIRAETH || CAROLINE FORBES

Par adelinedownes

in which violet pearson, the siphoner hybrid with a mysterious past, falls completely and utterly in love wit... Plus

REWRITING
act one
playlist
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
act two
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
act three
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
a/n

SIXTEEN

3.6K 145 56
Par adelinedownes

{TW: This chapter has mentions and a slight description of child abuse so if you are extremely triggered by that I would suggest skipping over this chapter entirely, I will give a short summary at the end. I will say when the worst of it starts and ends, but there will be mentions throughout most of the chapter.}

"If you want me to keep the people on your list safe, you need to get me a replacement vampire by nightfall."

Violet looks up at Klaus, a panic look on her face before she remembers the night before.

Klaus had returned to his original body, continuing to keep Katherine hostage. So, Violet had decided to stay for the night, falling asleep on Katherine's lap.

She's in a similar spot now, except both of them are lying down on the couch.

"And one more thing before you do so- what is that thing on your arm?" He asks, pointing down to where the grey veins had travelled down to her elbow.

Violet sits, careful not to disrupt Katherine who is probably already awake anyway, and walking closer to Klaus. Instead of giving him his answer, she asks her own question. "You were going to use Caroline weren't you?"

Klaus shrugs, "I do not care who I use, as long as they are a vampire. But yes, I was planning on using Caroline."

Violet leans forward, slapping Klaus hard across the face and giving him no chance to react, vamp-speeding away.

She's not quite sure where she's going to get a replacement vampire from, she never thought that far, but in order to stop Klaus from using someone she loves- she's going to have to do the one thing she dreads the most.

Turn someone.

Only problem is- she has no idea who to turn or even where to start.

Violet decides that: one) she is too stressed to think and two) she should go on a walk to calm herself down. She still has the whole day, so she figures twenty minutes won't hurt.

She walks down an empty street, her vamp-hearing on guard for anyone she could turn. She doesn't really have high expectations, seeing as all she's really doing is walking in a quiet street but she does it anyway.

Most of the houses were quiet, until she hears a soft cry coming from one of them.

"Please- Please stop." She hears a young, feminine voice beg quietly

She can't make out what the other voice is saying, but it sounds like an older man, but he's yelling to loud and unclearly for Violet to understand.

Violet quickly locates the house the noise is coming from, banging on the door loudly.

The door opens to reveal a middle aged white man, looking slightly annoyed but it's covered with a fake smile, "Hello!"

Violet wastes no time in leaning forward to compel the man, "Invite me in."

"You can come in." He says in a monotone voice, which makes Violet nod in satisfaction and walk inside.

"Where is the girl?" She asks

The man's smile falters for a second, but it's quickly covered up, "What girl?"

"Where is the girl and what did you do with her?" Violet compels

"She is in the basement, I was giving her a punishment."

{⚠️TRIGGER WARNING START⚠️}

Violet vamp-speeds downstairs, horror filling her features as she sees the scene inside.

She was right- there was a young girl sitting on the ground with her arms chained and her knees pulled up to her chest. Her hair was a matted, knotty mess and her head lays slumped on her knees, out of the view of Violet.

Violet turns to the man who had just run in beside her, a shocked look on his face. "What did you do to her?" Violet yells

"She's getting what she deserved." He says smugly, and suddenly it becomes clear to Violet that she found her replacement-vampire.

{⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING OVER, BUT BE CAREFUL AS THERE ARE STILL A FEW MENTIONS OF IT LATER ON IN THIS CHAPTER⚠️}

Violet bites into her wrist, then forcing the blood into the man, who she had seen on a piece of paper walking in earlier is named Bradley, and shoved it in his mouth, forcing him to drink. She doesn't really want to turn him until the last minute, so after she takes her hand away she leans forward and looks into his eye, "You will come with me and then stay at the Salvatore House until i'm ready for you. You will do everything I say. You will not talk or touch anything until I say you can."

Bradley doesn't reply, and so Violet takes it to have worked. Violet turns back to the young girl, gently removing the chains and helping her stand up. The poor girl collapses against her, causing Violet to gently cradle her and bring her upstairs. Bradley follows behind them, still in his compelled-oblivious state.

Violet sits her down on the couch, assessing the girls injuries. She seems to be bleeding pretty badly, and she's still slipping in and out of consciousness so Violet feeds her some of her blood. The girl takes it, slowly healing and looking around in confusion and fear. Her eyes meet Violet, who just smiles kindly at her. "It's okay love," Violet says, reaching out to run her fingers through a small part of the girls hair, "You're going to be okay now. Just go to sleep, i'll explain more when you wake up."

The girl nods, her eyes shutting as she begins to fall asleep.

Violet stands up, compelling Bradley to sit. She then begins to move around the house, trying to find any information on these two people.

Upstairs in an office room, she pulls out a stack of files. One of them has Bradley's mugshot and a list of arrests- most of them having something to do with child or animal abuse.

She then moved on to trying to find information about the girl. The house didn't even look like another person lived in it- and Violet's heart sinks as she realises that the poor girl probably lived in the basement.

Eventually, she finds a small photo of a young girl, with a woman that looks like an older version of the girl on the couch. She flips it over, finding writing on the back.

'Baby Elsie and Mommy Carter, 1999'

Quickly pocketing the photo, she walks back downstairs and begins to dial a familiar originals number on her phone.

"Hello, love. Do you have my vampire yet?"

"Yes. When do you need him, because as of right now he's still human."

"Stay where you are, I will pick you up with the vampire very soon. Text me the address." He doesn't leave Violet room to reply, hanging up first.

Violet opens her phone again, this time ringing Stefan. He doesn't answer, so Violet leaves him a voicemail. "Hey Stefan, just wanted to check up on how things are going up on your end. Call me when you get this." She puts her phone down, and looks at the sleeping girl on the couch.

Feeling bad for what she is about do to, she gently shakes the girl, now identified as Elsie, "Hey, I know you're confused right now, and probably scared and you have every right to be and I promise I'll explain everything later, but as for right now I need you to go upstairs to whichever room has a lock and preferably a window you could jump out of if necessary and lock the door. Then push whatever piece of furniture is in that room in front of the door. Whatever you do, do not open it until I say you can okay?"

Elsie nods, her fear rendering her speechless as she runs upstairs.

Violet then turns to Bradley, placing both hands on either side of his head and snapping his neck.

Whilst she waits for Bradley to wake up, she drags him downstairs to the basement and ties him up with the chains he had used for his daughter.

Violet knows she has about twenty minutes before Bradley wakes up, so she vamp-speeds upstairs to the room Elsie is in.

"Elsie love, it's okay. I know that you're scared, and I know that you have no idea what's going on but I promise to you that no harm will come to you. All of what I made you do is just a precaution."

She doesn't get a reply, but she can here Elsie's sobs from the other side of the door.

A little while later, she hears Bradley wake up so she quickly rushes down to the basement, forcing a couple blood bags down his throat and then snapping his neck. She continues to snap his neck until Klaus gets there.

Klaus takes the newly turned vampire into his car, and Violet heads up the stairs to get Elsie.

"Elsie darling, you can open the door now. It's safe." Violet calls out, and she hears the shuffling of some furniture being moved, and the door clicks open.

Elsie stands there, looking physically clear of injuries but her hair is still a mess and her clothes are still ratted and dirty.

"Come on," Violet says holding her hand out, "If you come with me, I can keep you safe."

Elsie nods hesitantly, realising she doesn't have much else of a choice and takes Violet's hand and walks down to Klaus's car with her.

"Klaus, this is Elsie." Violet introduces.

Klaus nods in greeting, looking at Violet in confusion.

'Abuse' She mouths to him.

He nods, a sympathetic look in his eye as he continues to drive to the Salvatore House, and being the dramatic being he is in another street for effect.

He returns with Elena, who gives both Elsie and Violet a confused look but doesn't say anything otherwise.

{you guys got this book to #1 in #rebekahmikaelson so i'm double-updating <3 thank you guys sm 🥺

quick summary: violet saved a child from abuse and is using their abuser in the sacrifice instead of jenna

okay so introducing...

momona tamada as elsie

also i listened to y'all and i will not be killing jenna off, although i have to say i was planning to keep her alive since the start of the book lmao}

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

2M 59.4K 42
divine violence 𓍢ִ໋ the vampire diaries 𓍢ִ໋ klaus mikaelson x fem!oc 𓍢ִ໋ season two - four 𓍢ִ໋ april, 2021
45.9K 1.4K 21
𝒐𝒐𝒐 ┊𝐌𝐈𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋. ❪ klaroline! ❫ ❛ 𝗂'𝗆 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗈𝗋𝗂𝗀𝗂𝗇𝖺𝗅 𝗁𝗒𝖻𝗋𝗂𝖽 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾, 𝗂 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗄 𝗂'𝗆 𝖼𝖺𝗉...
118K 3.1K 49
"𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨 𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐚𝐧, 𝐚𝐡 𝐈 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐨" 𝖠𝗋𝖺𝖻𝖾𝗅𝗅𝖺 𝖯𝗂𝖾𝗋𝖼𝖾 𝗂𝗌 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗇𝗀�...