Pearl Of The East | ✓

Від JezzeiiVIII

"Country first before anything. My gun is my man." Hezekiah Eurydice de Lara was once a Lieutenant in the fie... Більше

República
---
Foreword
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 50
Last Fight
Afterword
Afterword (Part II)
Author's words
Happy ending
Book publication

Chapter 49

37 5 0
Від JezzeiiVIII

Pearl of the East

Everyone disagreed. Some called me irrational, egoistic, dictator and a worthless President, for giving an order which will seriously put the lives of my men in uncertainty.

But I chose not to mind it. You will never conquer something without sacrificing a thing.

And also, if I'm not going to act now then who will? Throughout the passed generation, people in this country became a slave of their own fears and beliefs.

Everyone believes that Philippines is nothing but a country with the weakest force. And it needs to be stopped.

It was such an overwhelming feeling of honor that Lapu-lapu fought for Mactan centuries ago. He became the first hero, the first man who showed valor.

He was never threatened by Magellan's sword and by his army. Instead, he fought for his homeland. But it is such disappointing that his lurching became in vain when the Filipinos let their fears overwhelm them when the Spaniards succesfully took colony in their own land.

Kung sana ay naging matapang ang lahat ng mga panahong iyon ay hindi sana umabot sa ilang daang taon ang pang-aalipin ng mga Espanyol sa bansa natin.

But it takes one Dr. Jose Rizal for them to have courage on breaking their walls of fears, which hindered them to stand on their own shoes and protect their land.

But what if Dr. Jose Rizal didn't have the courage to sacrifice his life and wrote the novels which opened the eyes of many Filipinos that time? What if the heroes didn't fought for our country's freedom? What if they let their fears live in them? Will we have our freedom right now?

Definitely not. And the situation now is just like that.

Paano kung hindi ko ilalaban ang karapatan ng Pilipinas sa West Philippine Sea? There's a great probability that the next generation can do nothing but to look at West Philippine Sea as the South China Sea.

And that's my point here. I am not only looking at the present but also in the future.

I want everyone to know that we shouldn't let ourselves be enslaved with our own fears and stupid beliefs.

I am a Filipina and I will fight, just like how Gabriela Silang fought for freedom.

Kailangan kong tumayo sa sarili kong mga paa. Kailangan kong imulat ang mga mata ng karamihan na hindi tayo Pilipino kung wala tayong tapang.

Dahil palagi na lamang naduduwag ang bansa natin. Naduduwag na ipagtanggol ang sariling atin. Dahil kesyo mahina ang pwersa ng sandatahang lakas ng Pilipinas, walang automatic na mga gamit pandigma, at walang matataas na kalibre ng baril.

Kaya hahayaan na lamang ba nating unti-unting angkinin ng ibang bansa ang teritoryo natin? And then what's next? Kapag napasok na nila ang pinakamalawak na karagatan na sakop ng bansa natin, ano na ang susunod?

If they had already unsurped the island which greatly contributes to our country's economy, then what's next? I assumed China were taking a baby steps in entering our country. And I can't let it.

Filipinos need to learn how to fight for their land. Filipinos need to learn how to raise the dignity of our country's flag.

They need to wake up from their own deliria that our country is weak and we can't fight against other country that is much more powerful compared to us. Because the true strength of a Filipino doesn't depend on the high quality and automatic weapons they have on their hand. But it's our undying fire of courage inside us that no one can efface.

Filipinos are brave and strong—mostly it's soldiers.

Like what General McArthur qouted that, “Give me 10,000 Filipino soldiers and I will conquer the world,"

————

Lumipas ang isang buwan mula noong binitiwan ko ang utos ko at hanggang ngayon ay patuloy pa rin akong sinasalungat at ina-atake ng ibang mga politiko.

Kahit si Styyx at sila M ay nabigla sa desisyon ko, pero sa kabila noon ay nanatili pa rin ang tiwala nila sa 'kin.

Mostly Styyx. He know that I won't create a decision without thinking it's factors. And I'm done weighing things, therefore my decision is final.

Lumipas ang pasko at bagong taon na hindi ko inaasahang mas magiging masaya pa pala kesa noong nakaraang taon.

Now that I have Styyx and the kids with me, it seems like I already have a big circle of family.

The people went back to their lives and celebrated their Christmas and New year with the controversy.

Ngunit sa buong selebrasyon na iyon ay hindi ko maipagkakaila sa sarili kong labis na rin ang paghahanda ko para sa pagdating ng araw na kung saan makikita ko na ang kahinatnan ng desisyon ko.

I and the China's President already have the agreement of having a war for the West Philippine Sea's authority.

I know that China was just waiting for my first move. They want to act as a country with too-goody-shoes. They want to play their game in acting like they don't have the intention of using force for claiming West Philippine Sea as their territory.

And I'm done playing their game. Now it's my turn to roll the dice and play my own game.

They're messing with the wrong President. They should've think of the consequences of their actions first. I'm a woman born for war. And I will never quit without fighting. The word retreat is not on my vocabulary.

But before playing my game I already made sure that I have the Alas. That I have the last word.

Hindi ako bubuo ng sarili kong laro kung alam kong ako ang dehado. And just like that, I already asked some hand from United States.

Before, it was stated that they don't want to help Philippines against China because they have a good relationship between them. But now that there good relationship between them was tainted, they're now willing to help us.

"Do you like it?" I asked Styyx pertaining to the bracelet I gave to him as my gift.

It's just a simple handmade bracelet. I intently made it for him.

I don't like giving expensive gifts. M and Styyx know that. That's why they're not surprised when I made a bracelet for them.

Mas gusto kong pinaghihirapan ko ang ibinibigay ko sa mga taong mahalaga sa 'kin.

"Nope. I love it baby. It's beautiful like you," he smiled while staring at the bracelet.

It suits his flawless skin, and his sturdy hands.

"Look at the sky baby, isn't it beautiful? The moon and the stars. It's beautiful aren't it?" He uttered while embracing me from the back and staring at the luminous sky.

Alam kong iniiwasan n'yang pag-usapan namin ang paparating na digmaan. Maging ang araw kung saan pansamantala s'ya sa 'king magpapaalam upang sumabak sa isang gyera. At pareho naming alam dalawa ang mga posibilidad kapag nangyari na iyon. Mga posibilidad na maaaring magpahiwaly sa 'min.

Iniling ko na lang ang ulo ko at pinili ko na lang kalimutan ang nasa isip ko at ang ituon na lang ang atensyon ko sa 'ming dalawa gaya ng gusto n'ya. We also need time for us.

"Ofcourse. When I was a kid I believed that the people who died became one of those stars." Tugon ko habang nakatingala sa mga bituin.

"But I guess I was wrong for taking it literally. It's just that, what it really means is,  when a person die he became of the stars for people will look at the sky and remember their existence," I added.

Marahil sa mga oras na ito ay pinagmamasdan din ako ng pamilya ko at ni Mr. Guanzon.

"But there are some people who died without someone who will remember their death baby," I nodded in his words.

He's right. Sadly but there are people who dies without someone who will remember their existence.

May mga taong namamatay na walang sino man ang may pakialam o nakakaalam.

Just like the stars which is dying gradually everyday. Yet it is stranger into everyone's knowledge. No one sees that they're actually dying every single day.

And just like that there are also people who are dying inside too. Yet no one noticed it and the worst part is no one care.

"And I was once one of those stars a long time ago Styyx," from the side of my back he looked at me in the eyes.

"What do you mean baby?" Nalilito n'yang wika. Mapait akong ngumiti sa kan'ya.

"I died a long time ago Styyx. I became one of those stars beside the moon. But luckily the heavens didn't let me to stay as one of the stars any longer. And a meteor came it saved me from death, it gave me back my life. And I am so thankful for that meteor," he smiled knowing that I'm referring to him.

"But that meteor died too before baby. But when he saw the beautiful yet broken star, he took the courage of saving it and living his life again," he uttered referring to me. So we ended laughing at each other.

"I love you." Sinsero n'yang wika.

Hindi ito ang unang pagkakataon na maririnig ko ang mga salitang iyon mula sa kan'ya. Pero tila iba ito sa pagkakataong ito.

He turned my back making me face him. He's now intently looking at me with intense sincerity and love painted on his eyes.

"I love you so much baby," muli n'yang wika sa mahinang boses. Ramdam ko ang sensiridad sa bawat salita n'ya.

"The meteor crashed in the star. Badly crashed without the chance of travelling up in the sky again," he added making my cheeks flush. My lips pursed while looking intently at his emerald eyes.

He gradually lower his face on mine with a smile on his face, while he's still staring at my eyes.

Seconds later I felt his lips on mine. His gentle and innocent kiss made my stomach flutter.

I was about to response when a sudden realization hit me.

The appointed day of the war is near. And that means. The day that the threat of me not seeing his emerald eyes again is near.

And I want to regret that realization. I want to regret my decision of putting his life in uncertainty. But this is how things are meant to be. I'm a President and he's a soldier. We vowed to serve and protect our country. And our faith towards each other that we will make everything okay is our only weapon to continue our love story.

A love story of the green-eyed General and a President will never be that romantic, and will always be that chaotic. But for us it's the best that we could ever have.

—————

It was almost in the second week of February when a news surprised me and derive my attention from signing papers.

The Chinese Marines and their warships are already in West Philippine Sea. Indicating the beginning of the damn war.

But this is not the day that was held in our agreement. It was supposed to be two days from now. Well what do I expect in China? They don't know how to stand on their words.

Lahat ay nagkagulo at mabilis na rumesponde ang mga Marine patungong West Philippine Sea upang harangan ang mga barko ng China.

Agad akong nagpatawag ng pagpupulong kasama ang mga matataas na opisyal ng Philippine air force, marine at army, naroon din ang Secretary of National Defense.

"15% of our troops are already deployed in West Philippine Sea. But there are more than five warships from China that was calculated. The Marine's force is now weak. We're running out of men," Saad ni Cl. Rivera.

Napabuntong-hininga ako sa sinabi n'ya. I intersect my hands and rest my chin on it.

"The 3,000 US Marines and their two warships are supposed to arrive tomorrow, one day before the start of war. But China surprised us with their sudden attack. And now they're trying to take advantage on us. When will the army be there General?" General Torres paused for a while before answering my question.

"Hopefully tomorrow. The 1st and 2nd division will be deployed at the Island," sagot nito.

Napabuntong-hininga ako nang marinig ko ang 1st division. It means Styyx and his men will be deployed tomorrow.

Mabilis na gumuhit ang pag-aalala sa ekspresyon ko. Kung sana lang ay pwede ko s'yang huwag hayaang sumama. Pero s'ya ang Heneral at s'ya ang dapat na mamuno sa mga tao n'ya. Bukod pa roon ay isa s'yang sundalo. At kagaya ko ay hindi s'ya marunong sumuko at takasan ang responsibilidad n'ya.

He won't be in the position where he is right now if he's not deserving of it. Throughout his life in the field. I know that he have fought and overcome a lot of battles. Besides he got wits that is really helpful in his field.

"How about the civilians in there?" I snapped in.

"The land near the sea was cleared. It's already no man's land. Civilians are already secured in the evacuation centers at Cagayan Valley."

"Ma'am we have shortage in fighter planes. We only got few mother planes and 211 aircrafts," Cl. Leonardo the highest official of the Philippine Airforce informed.

I took a deep breath. I already know this. I had already study this and I already come up with a solution.

"The plan is. We will use the improvised bombs that we bought in US for the last fight. And the marines will take the first fight in water later in land right?" Maj. Gen. Rivera nodded in agreement.

"There are almost 60,000 estimated Chinese soldiers. We got 24,000 army and 11,000 Marines and 16,000 Airforce. 15% of the Marines are already deployed earlier. What I'm trying to say is. 30% of the army will wait here. And the 60% of the Marines will stay here. I'm sure this will gonna be a long battle, and China wont drop it's toughest fighter and great quantity in an instant. It will be on the latter." Wika ko habang isa-isa kong itinuturo sa mapa ang mga lugar na pananatilihan ng ibang mga sundalo. At ang lugar kung saan dapat madala ang mga Tsino upang kumagat sa mga pain.

"Ma'am are you trying to say that we will make the 15% of the marines as a bait? We can't do that ma'am, we can't sacrifice the lives of our men," agad na pagtutol ni CL. Manliguez. Napailing ako sa sinabi n'ya.

"No they won't be a bait. We will just make sure that the Chinese soldiers will be on here, where we have the advantage during the war. This 15% of marines will have the support of the Airforce. But it would be too risky if they'll use the fighter planes, concerning the fact that we have shortage in planes and besides they are meant to finish the battle. So we can use the long range bombs and have the Gunners placed in an elevated place where Chinese soldiers could hardly notice it. It's possible right?" They nodded.

Nagpatuloy ang usapan namin at ang paglabas ko sa kanila ng mga plano ko, na binuo ko noong mga nakaraang araw kasama si Styyx. He amazed me of how broad his imagination is. Also he has the unbelievable wisdom when it comes to this. He's good at planning and analyzing things.

May ilang parte ang hindi nila sinang-ayunan sa plano pero nang maipaliwanag ko na sa kanila nang maayos ay naintindihan naman nila ito at pinaburan.

"Just believe gentlemen. We will win this. I can assure you that. Our men are brave and strong—Filipinos are. All we have to do is hope for an excellent result and pray for a less casualty. Now adjourn, report to me immediately if the game is on," ma-awtoridad kong wika sa kanila. Bawat salita na binibitawan ko ay puno ng determinasyon at kasiguraduhan.

Hindi ako maaaring magpakita ng kahinaan at pangamba sa oras na ito. I'm the leader here. I should be the toughest one, and not the weakling. I swear I'll punch myself if uncertainty will cross my mind.

I have things already planned and I already made sure that I have the last throw of the dice. I will win this game—we will.

Tumango sila saka sabay na tumayo at sumaludo sa 'kin.

I saluted back at them while locking my eyes at the Philippines' flag upfront us. Ang bagay na s'yang talagang inaalayan ko ng saludo ko sa sandaling ito.

Time may pass but I will always offer my toughest and greatest salute on the flag of my nation.

I will fulfill my vow that I will always fight for my country. I will never step back and act like a coward. I will finish the every battle and have my greatest salute on the flag of my country—on the flag of the Pearl of the East...

|End of chapter 49|
•Please don't forget to vote and comment <3•

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

2.8M 73.3K 47
Eerrah Ferrer loves causing trouble to the extent, sending students to Hospital does not bother anymore in order to get another expulsion from her cu...
6.4M 327K 99
Carnelia Manelli, isang anak ng Major General ng military at sikat na Fashion Designer na sina Jared at Kacey Manelli. Dahil dito, hindi naging madal...
17.7K 1.7K 44
CHAMPION IN ROMANCE/TEEN FICTION CATEGORY OF PlumaAtTinta2020 NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY SERIES#1 Ethisse is a woman who is very hard to deal with becau...
That Thing Called Love (Cambridge Academy Series 1) Від Clar

Підліткова література

7.5K 337 63
CAMBRIDGE ACADEMY SERIES #1 - Kylie Gomez With a broken family and with her mom missing, Kylie Gomez believes that love doesn't exist in her life. Sh...