Last Fight

I kindled the fire of courage within me as my feet began to walk towards the battleground of life between death and territory between authority.

I can barely hear the every crashing sound of the waves in the white sand where my feet are walking on. And I can feel the cold kiss of the oceanic air all over my body.

I forced my self to stop crying and stay composed. This is the reason why M never let me go here.

Dahil alam n'ya kung paano ako mag-isip. Alam n'ya ang bawat prinsipyo ko.

Napapikit ako nang mariin nang muling bumalik sa isipan ko ang larawan ni Styyx.

His image with his closed eyes and blood over his head lingered on my mind, giving me the fear of doing what I'm thinking.

But I could hardly want to just turn my way back and wait for the plane, just like what I said to the pilot earlier.

My pride and principles keeps on dragging my feet towards the place where I should be. It's like the every blow of the wind contains the words that keeps on whispering to me, that I should do what I think is right.

Buo na ang desisyon ko, bago pa man ako pumunta rito ay alam ko na ang totoong pakay ko. It may sound absurd an weird but I'll try to finish this battle.

Nang marating ko ang battleground ay tila muling nadagdagan ang determinasyon ko nang makita ko ang bangkay ng mga sundalong Pilipino, ang iba ay mga Amerikano.

I positioned my self with my two guns on the both of my hands. A troop of Chinese soldiers passed upfront me, but they could hardly notice my existence due to the insufficient light.

There were seven of them. Dala nila ang matataas nilang baril na may kutsilyo sa dulo.

Napapikit ako nang bigla nilang tinusok ang isang katawan ng sundalo. Rinig ko pa ang tunog nang pagtagos ng kutsilyo maging ang mahinang daing ng sundalo.

My grip on the guns tightened while I aim it to them. I shot the latter one.

His companions could hardly notice it since they're too focused on fvcking around and finding some breathing soldiers.

I got one, six to go.

Muli kong ipinwesto ang sarili ko. I hide behind a huge rock as I shoot the another one.

The sound of the crashing waves greatly helped for them not to hear the gasp of their comrades everytime I shoot them gradually.

Five to go.

I made sure my aim is right before I let the two bullets from my guns do a headshot in the two Chinese soldiers. And that was when they were alarmed.

Agad kong hinila ang sarili ko pabalik sa likod ng bato. Panay na ang pamamaril ng mga sundalo at ang pagsasalita nila sa lengguwahe nila.

Shit!

I'm sure the sound of their guns will definitely alarm their comrades. Bullshit soldiers!

Tatlo na lamang ang natitira sa kanila kaya't hindi na ako mahihirapang pabagsakin ito.

Walang pag-aalinlangan akong lumabas mula sa pinagtaguan ko saka ko sunod-sunod na pinaputukan ang tatlong sundalo.

Hindi ko na sila binigyan pa nang pagkakataon na makapagsalita at agad kong binaril ang ulo nila upang siguruhing hindi na sila makakabangon pa.

Styyx fought here for almost three weeks. And inside those times I don't know what he've been through. But if I'll use my experiences as a basis, I'm sure he got blinded by the flickers of guns, and by the blows of sand. Perhaps he was also deafened by the left and right explosions and bombings, or it could be because of the shouts of pain, determination, or courage of different soldiers. And he'd been through it all because of me. Because of my freaking decision.