All I Want | βœ“

By MIDNXGHTSUN

[ COMPLETED ] Eliana Oakley and Casen Walker couldn't be further on the other's spectrum. Eliana is twenty-o... More

( ALL I WANT. )
02 | four empty seats
03 | don't roll your eyes
04 | way to not sound egotistical
05 | try not to lose it
06 | it's a recent thing
07 | put you on
08 | set you up
09 | do the bare minimum, why don't you?
10 | a peaceful night
11 | i can still flirt if you want me to
12 | carried away
13 | not the reason
14 | entire romano family
15 | pay for water
16 | don't spotters stare at their spottees?
17 | get a grip
18 | don't wait
19 | until you're ready
20 | frozen
21 | a little tequila
22 | something new
23 | moral support
24 | the chance
25 | several moments
26 | cabin in the woods
27 | truth or dare
28 | tears of happiness
29 | friend-tuition
30 | for a while
31 | deserve the world
32 | unavailable
33 | overthinking
34 | touchdown
35 | spell it out
*36 | euphoria
37 | government name
38 | happy
39 | coconut
40 | talent and skill
*41 | ink
42 | in this space
43 | happy people
44 | all i need
45 | animosity
46 | big kitchen
47 | choice
48 | water
49 | dream
50 | white lines
51 | congratulations
52 | see you later
53 | all i want || the end
epilogue

01 | heartbeat in my ass

179K 5.3K 6.5K
By MIDNXGHTSUN

"What the hell you doing, man?" The question slips so easily from my tongue that Ian isn't even fazed as he types away on his phone. "We got practice." I adjust the headband holding my hair back and lean forward to slap his leg.

He's lounging on the locker room bench, knee propped up in the air and phone in hand above his face. Knowing him, he's texting his girlfriend, Skyla. Swear, ever since they got together, they can't stay away from each other.

Weirdos.

He rolls his eyes and keeps typing, "Tell coach I don't feel good."

"Well, he's gonna make you feel worse if you don't get the fuck up." I warn but he doesn't move, "Bro, I'm deadass. Get the fuck up."

Ever since Ian Berkley and I shared a dorm room freshman year, we've been best friends, often bonding over the fact that we play football together and the fact that he's an absolute dumbass. Well, he shares that title with the third part of our friendship - Tyrese Francis.

Seeing as I'm the only white dude in the group, they find pleasure in making sure I don't forget it.

But, I wouldn't trade them for the world. They're my best friends who've shown me nothing but love and support, Ian even taking me to his house for Thanksgiving when I didn't feel like dealing with the man I call my father.

He sits up but doesn't move any further than that, "You wanna go bowling this weekend?"

My brows furrow in confusion, "Uhh..."

"Sky is planning some thing for both of our friend groups to do together." He elaborates, but my facial expression doesn't change.

"Why the hell would we do that?" I question, the octave in my voice rising a bit. Despite the two dating since the beginning of junior year, neither I nor Tyrese, have met anybody in her friend group.

I usually try to stay far away from meeting new people and having to go through the motions of never talking to them again - so why not cut it off from the start?

Ian rolls his eyes and grabs his water bottle while I lean against the lockers anxiously. Coach is gonna beat both of our asses when he realizes how long I've been gone. He sent me to get Ian, but I obviously was a terrible option to do that.

"Because you haven't met my girl's friends yet."

"And I don't want to."

He scoffs, "You know, for an engineering major, you're kinda stupid."

I roll my eyes and pull the headband from my forehead. If I'm not out there on the field, I don't need it right now.

"Shut the fuck up." I scoff and hit the back of his head. "Get your ass on the field before we gotta run laps till midnight."

Mind you, it's four in the afternoon.

Last time that happened, Ty threw up and I could feel my heartbeat in my ass for like three days.

Turns out we had to run those damn laps.

As soon as I step into my apartment, I throw my gym bag onto the floor and make my way into the kitchen. The sun had set hours ago and it's now eleven at night, meaning time for a shower and a nap.

My fucking legs hurt, I can tell you that much. Honestly, Coach Barrett can kiss my ass because the shit he pulled today is just plain violating.

Grabbing the carton of orange juice from the top shelf of the fridge, I pull it open and grab an empty glass.

While sipping some juice, I hold my phone in hand and scan the off-campus apartment I was able to afford.

Between studying for classes, playing as a wide receiver for the South Hampton Titans and working construction at my dad's company, I'm not even completely sure why I need all this space when I'm not even home most of the time.

It is nice though.

Finishing off the glass, I lower it in the sink and make my way upstairs to take a quick cold shower so I can relieve some of this redness hiding under the ink on my skin.

Needless to say, the day has been too long, starting with the first day of my lame sociology class, escalating to lunch with Laiya - this girl who cannot and apparently will not get off my back.

Maybe it's my fault for entertaining her, but she looks smart enough to take a hint that I'm not interested. I mean, what else can I do but take her out to lunches and refer to her as my friend?

I don't wanna be an asshole but I don't wanna lead her on.

Yeah, cause that's definitely not what you're doing.

After taking her out to lunch, however, my day started to lighten up when I hit the gym with the boys before practice. Of course, Ian was stuck in his phone, laughing at whatever joke Skyla told him.

Again.

I'm three more chuckles away from taking his shit and burning it to a crisp.

After taking a quick body shocking shower, I wrap my towel around my waist and plop down on my bed. Of course it's like negative fifteen degrees in here so I throw a hoodie on and fall back on my messy bed.

Turns out I completely forgot to spread it this morning. That's what I get for sleeping in and forgetting that classes exist. I've gotten into a rhythm over the winter break of practice, eat, sleep, more practice. So much so that I forgot why the fuck I'm even attending one of the best colleges in the south.

An education.

An engineering degree.

Why again? Oh yeah, because despite a beautiful career in football standing right in front of me, my father feels I should drop what I've been working my ass off for to work for him for the rest of my life.

It's not as appealing as it sounds.

Henry Walker never takes his son seriously - not even when he's watched me and my team make it to playoffs on live TV for the past two years.

Constant vibrations from my phone draw me from my annoying thoughts and bring me back to earth. Grabbing it, I put in the pass code and swipe through until I get to the culprit of my phone blowing up.

It's the group chat with Ian and Ty, their most recent conversation making me roll my eyes. After reading through it, I send in a quick response and wait patiently for Ty to reply.

I'm not against not showing up.

If all the night is going to be filled with is Ian and Sky being cuddled up while her friends vibe by themselves and Ty and I are left in an awkward situation, I have not a damn problem keeping my ass at home.

Or maybe making an appointment.

I sigh. Decisions, decisions.

While I'm not excited for the outing, I'm also not one to abandon my friends for my own selfish reasons.

If they want to hang out with a bunch of girls at some teenager hangout spot, then why not?

With that in mind, I send my last two texts for the night and put on some pants so I can head to sleep.

the way i was typing this like - 😒 whiggas ain't shit 😒

but HERE'S THE FIRST CHAPTER OF ALL I WANT

the way im ready to graduate - teachers out here kicking my ass like SHEESH GIMME A MINUTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.1K 3K 34
Cathy Sanova is a beautiful, intelligent, Black student who just transferred from a small community college to the most prestigious university in Cal...
Woke By Wattpad Hottie

General Fiction

8.8K 694 40
If there's anything Kiara Washington wants nothing to do with, it's her white peers at Chancely High School. But being seen as the "problem student"...
683 15 19
Ironically the one time Brielle tries to commit to a man for the long haul, he both cheats on her, rips open a terribly deep emotional wound and leav...
94.6K 6.9K 46
Mia Jones was the sole witness to a devastating tragedy that changed her life forever. With that change came a new perspective on life. She's very pr...