𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐲 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞...

By ScribblingQuills

☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ (Harry Potter x Fem! Reader) ❝ 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬, 𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 �... More

Author's Notes
Prologue
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Sirius Black?
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Tea With Buckbeak
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Boggarts & Butterbeers
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ First Outburst
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ The Fall & The Map
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Just Play Along
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ In The Snow
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Expecto Patronum?
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ The Stag & The Chaos
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Anger Issues
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Obscurus
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ It All Makes Sense
Author's Notes
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Burrow
Y4 .。.:*☆ Several Arrivals
Y4 .。.:*☆ Better Than A Veela
Y4 .。.:*☆ Y/N's Confession
Y4 .。.:*☆ Beauxbatons & Durmstrang
Y4 .。.:*☆ Potter Stinks
Y4 .。.:*☆ Read The Room
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Felt Feelings
Y4 .。.:*☆ Chosen
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Woollen Hat
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Task & The Aftermath
Y4 .。.:*☆ That Rita Skeeter
Y4 .。.:*☆ Live On
Y4 .。.:*☆ Too Good At Goodbyes
Author's Notes
Y5 .。:+*✧ Living With A Marauder
Y5 .。:+*✧ Love, Isn't It?
Y5 .。:+*✧ Grim Old Place
Y5 .。:+*✧ Hogwarts Again
Y5 .。:+*✧ Scars & Secret Meetings
Y5 .。:+*✧ D.A. Fights Back
Y5 .。:+*✧ Punishments & Pebbles
Y5 .。:+*✧ I Gave You My Heart
Y5 .。:+*✧ A Victorious Valentine's
Y5 .。:+*✧ It's Just a Game
Y5 .。:+*✧ Night Changes
Y5 .。:+*✧ Escaped & Captured
Y5 .。:+*✧ The Baffling Battle
Y5 .。:+*✧ Part of a Prophecy
Author's Notes
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ A New Beginning
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Your Wish Is My Command
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Birthday Surprises
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Trouble At Tryouts
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Draco & Pansy
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ A Hell of a Ride
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Falling Apart
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Christmas Company
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ A Match to Remember
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ The Reconciliation
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Out in the Meadow
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ The Unplanned Mission
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Dumbledore's Demise
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Until the World Ends
Author's Notes
Y7 .。.:*༄ Harry's Arrival
Y7 .。.:*༄ Our Last Summer
Y7 .。.:*༄ Planning & Hiding
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Capture
Y7 .。.:*༄ They Think You're Dead
Y7 .。.:*༄ Scamander on the Loose
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Doe
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Lovegood Fiasco
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Escape
Y7 .。.:*༄ Pipette Widows
Y7 .。.:*༄ A Battle Begins
Y7 .。.:*༄ Fire & Destruction
Y7 .。.:*༄ The End
Ten Years Later

Y5 .。:+*✧ A Rocky Start

121K 3.6K 44.9K
By ScribblingQuills

A/N ~ OK so originally, this chapter was twice as long, but I decided to split it into two chapters so I can at least get this first part done today and publish it.

TW: Blood quill scene.

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

The next morning, Y/N woke up excitedly for her first day back at Hogwarts.

It was always the only day that she would wake up automatically, without Hermione's help.

"Good morning, Y/N," Hermione smiled, as Y/N stretched in her bed and kicked off her blanket.

"G'morning, Hermy," Y/N said droopily, finally sitting up and looking around the room.

Hermione was sitting cross-legged on her own bed and was going through their timetable and shoving the books they needed for the day into her large bag. Lavender and Parvati were already gone.

"I had a little... verbal fight with Lavender." Hermione explained casually, when she saw Y/N's eyes scan the room.

"What? What for?" Y/N questioned, already having a good guess in her mind.

"Lavender still thinks Harry is lying about You-Know-Who." Hermione muttered, not looking up from her book-organising.

"Well?" Y/N asked slowly.

"Well what?"

"Did you win the 'verbal fight'?" Y/N asked impatiently. Hermione looked up at her slowly, before bursting into laughter.

"Yes, I would say." she chuckled, finally zipping up her bag. "Got Parvati clapping her hand on her mouth a few times."

The two girls swapped triumphant grins and quickly got ready for their first class.

They arrived at the mildly engaged Great Hall, where students were chatting excitedly from every table, and ghosts were floating around everywhere.

Y/N spotted Harry and Ron at the end of the Gyrffindor table and beamed, leading Hermione to the two boys.

She caught Harry's eye and grinned, taking a seat next to him.

"Hullo," she greeted the raven-haired boy brightly, only to receive a mumbled 'morning,' in return. "What's got your wand in a knot?" Y/N asked, frowning at Harry's frustrated expression.

She had expected at least a peck on the cheek from him, what he always did back at Grimmauld Place, but he wasn't looking so cheerful.

"Seamus still believes the Daily Prophet," Ron explained.

"Yes, Lavender thinks so too," Hermione said gloomily.

"Been having a nice chat with her about whether or not I'm a lying, attention-seeking prat, have you?" Harry said loudly, attacking his scrambled eggs with his fork violently.

"No," Y/N said with a frown, before Hermione could open her mouth. "in fact, Hermione told her to keep her big fat mouth shut. And it would it be nice if you would stop jumping down our throats, Harry. If you haven't noticed, we're all on your side."

There was a short pause.

"Sorry," Harry said in a low voice, looking at his friends apologetically.

"That's quite alright," said Hermione with dignity.

The Quartet quietly finished their breakfast and checked their schedule for the day... it didn't look so entertaining.

History of Magic, double Potions, Study of Ancient Runes and Double Defence Agains the Dark Arts.

"That's the worse Monday ever," Ron groaned, burying his face in his hands. "I wish Fred and George would hurry up with their Skiving Snackboxes."

"Do mine ears deceive me?" said Fred, arriving with George and squeezing on to the bench next to Harry. "Aren't you a prefect, Ronnikins?"

"Look what we've got today," Ron shoved his timetable under Fred's nose. "tell me we're not doomed."

"Fair point, little bro," said George, scanning the Monday column over Fred's hsoulder. "you can have some Nosebleed Nougats for cheap, though."

"Really?" Y/N's eyes lighted up eagerly. "Why's that?"

"Because you'll keep bleeding until you shrivel up." Fred beamed at her. "We haven't got an antidote yet."

"Cheers," Ron muttered grimly.

"Speaking of your joke shop," Hermione said loudly, "You can't advertise for testers on the Gryffindor noticeboard."

"Says who?" The twins chorused,

"Says me," Hermione replied cooly. "and Ron."

"Hey, leave me out of this-"

"You won't be complaining for long, Hermione," Fred smirked. "you're in fifth year."

"Why does that matter?" Hermione scoffed.

"It's the year of your O.W.L. exams, of course," George grinned. "you all will be queing up to buy out Snackboxes in no time."

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

After a tiring hour of Professor Binns, the Quartet packed up and left the History of Magic room to the dungeons, for Potions.

If Y/N was being honest, she didn't hate Potions, not at all. She found it quite enjoyable- but Snape was what made her dislike the class.

She quietly took a seat between Harry and Dean, as Snape strolled into the room, his ink black robes flowing behind him dramatically.

"Settle down," the professor snarled, stopping in front of the class.

He, like Professor Binns, started off by blabbering about how important their O.W.L. exams were.

"I will only be accepting students with an Outstanding in my N.E.W.T. class," said Snape in his icy tone. "however, whether or not you'd be attempting N.E.W.T., I advise you to concentrate your efforts."

Y/N saw Snape eye Neville fiercely.

"Today, we will be mixing a potion that will most likely come up in your O.W.L. exam; the Draught of Peace." said Snape. "I will pair you all up... yes, let's see... Parkinson with Goyle, Crabbe with McMillan,-"

Y/N looked over at her friends, slightly panicking. She didn't fancy spending a whole hour and a half without at least one of them.

"-Longbotton with Bones, Nott with Granger, Weasley with Zabini, Patil with Bulstrode, Brown with Abott, Scamander with-"

Harry moved slightly closer to Y/N, but Snape's lips slowly curled.

"I don't think so, Potter." he snarled. "Scamander, you get with Malfoy- Potter with Greengrass."

Daphne, who was a good friend of Y/N's, looked over at her and gave her an apologetic look.

Y/N smiled back at her weakly and turned to Malfoy, who was already smirking triumphantl.

His platinum blonde hair falling right above his eyes and his pale skin glowing sickly in the dim light.

"Instructions are on the blackboard, all the ingredients are in the cupboards, you have an hour and a half." Snape flicked his wand and the instructions appeared on the blackboard.

"Guess you're stuck with me, Scamander," Malfoy whispered. Y/N scowled and hastily moved to Malfoy's desk, rolling her eyes.

"Let's just get this over with," she muttered, wrenching her Potions book open, trying not to look up at Malfoy.

Y/N briefly read through the ingredients and instructions and headed to the ingredient cupboards.

She didn't care if she had to mix the potion b y herself, she just simply didn't want to talk to Malfoy.

However, to her horror, when she arrived back to their brewing desk, Malfoy was already dropping ingredients into the round cauldron.

"What are you doing?" Y/N hissed, putting down the ingredients she just got and swatting Malfoy's hand away from the cauldron. "Those aren't the right ingredients!"

She glared at him and emptied the cauldron bitterly.

"Now  you're talking to me," Malfoy scoffed, looking challengingly at her. Y/N swore in frustration and turned away. "Tell me, Scamander- what do you see in Potter?"

"Sod off," Y/N muttered as she started chopping a fist full of Fizzing Fungi.

"That's not what Potter's saying to Pansy," Malfoy said, slowly smirking.

"Don't talk bullsh-" but Y/N looked up and saw from across the room... Pansy giggling wildly at Harry's side, as he flipped through his Potions book irritatedly. "What- why is she-? Where's Daphne?"

"I'm so sorry, Y/N," Daphne said quietly, prodding Y/N's shoulder from behind.

Y/N turned and saw the blonde look at her guiltily. Daphne was always quiet and sweet, unlike her other friends.

"She threatened to tell my crush that I fancy him," said the girl innocently. "I know it isn't important, but I don't want him to know-"

"It's alright, Daphne," Y/N said flatly. "not your fault."

Daphne nodded, gave Y/N a small smile, and returned to her and Goyle's desk.

"What the bloody hell is she playing at?" Y/N clenched her jaw, as Pansy whispered something to Harry with a sly smile. Though, to her satisfaction, Harry ignored her completely.

"Looks like Potter's got a new admirer," Malfoy sighed mockingly and fidgeted with one of the ingredients. Y/N whipped her head around and stared at him unbelievably.

"This is one of your sick plans, isn't it?" she whispered. "You are fifteen, Malfoy- I'm happy with Harry and you're trying to ruin it. Don't even get me started about the woollen hat incident-"

"Don't jump into conclusions, Scamander," Malfoy shot with a scowl. "I'm not making Pansy do anything."

"She has hated Harry since first year," Y/N said cooly, her eyes glued to Pansy's disturbing actions across the room. "why would she suddenly be- act- interested in him?"

The tiny red jewel illuminated from Y/N's chain bracelet.

"Why would that concern you?" Malfoy sneered.

"Oh, just maybe because Harry's my-"

"If Potter's such a loyal saint, Pansy's ridiculous seductions shouldn't disturb you." said the blonde Slytherin, returning his eyes to his potion-making.

Y/N looked at him and blinked blankly.

No, he's got a point, she thought to herself.

Y/N continued to sort out the ingredients for their Draught of Peace, avoiding Malfoy's long uncomfortable stares along the way.

Thoughts whirled around her mind as she brewed the potion, while Malfoy played with the ingredients carelessly. Surely, Pansy wouldn't actually fancy Harry, right?

Mean while, Malfoy was busy eavesdropping Hermione and Theodore, who were a few yards away from them.

"No- stop, stop, stop-" Hermione scolded Theodore Nott, grabbing his wrist above their cauldron abruptly. "that's powdered beetle dung! Not powdered moonstone-"

"They look exactly the same!" Nott asserted, grabbing a handful of his dark brown hair in frustration.

"Doesn't matter," Hermione said grimly, "please grab me the actual powdered moonstone..."

"Bloody maddening Moodblood," Malfoy grumbled, narrowing his eyes at Hermione.

"Hold your forked tongue," Y/N demanded, her hand tightening around the silver knife in her hand. "call her that again and this knife'll be down your throat."

"Relax, for Salazar's sake," Malfoy's eyes widened slightly, as he took a step away from her.

"No, Malfoy," Y/N said heatedly slamming her knife onto her cutting board.

"Not this again," Malfoy rolled his eyes.

"I'm not going to relax about you, casually normalising muggle-born discrimination." Y/N said heatedly.

"Of course you're saying that- you're a blood traitor." Malfoy laughed. "Muggle-lovers like you don't recognise the importance of keeping magical blood pure."

"You disgust me," Y/N said quietly, so angered that she didn't even know what to say.

"I disgust you, but Mudbloods don't disgust you?" Malfoy snorted.

Y/N fell silent. She could feel her rising anger triggering her exitiumagus powers. So she closed her eyes and turned away, trying to keep her promise with Remus.

She couldn't use her powers to threaten Malfoy. Not now. Not yet. There are other ways to deal with him.

"Do you want to know something that is disgusting about the muggle world?" Y/N started quietly and calmly, not meeting Malfoy's eyes.

"Enlighten me," Malfoy snarled, stirring their sizzling potion carelessly.

"See, in the muggle world, there's this sickening thing- called racism," Y/N said carefully. Malfoy frowned at her curiously. "where people get discriminated from society because of their race or ethnicity."

"Come again?" Malfoy scoffed.

"Yeah, you heard me." Y/N straightened herself.

"This is ridiculous."

"What's ridiculous?" Y/N snapped, her heart racing faster in her chest, as Malfoy's thin eyebrows knitted together.

"Racism." the blonde boy mocked. "Why would muggles treat people from certain races differently from others? They're all the same clueless living beings with no magical abilities-"

"It's unfair, isn't it?" Y/N said loudly. "Imagine getting discriminated because of something you can't control- how ridiculous that is. "

Malfoy opened his mouth, but froze immediately, when he realized something.

He stared at Y/N blankly and blinked, before returning to his frowning state.

"I know what you're doing, Scamander." he hissed in a low voice. "You're out of luck today, I'm not falling for this bullshit. You're making this all up."

"You think I'm lying?" it was Y/N's turn to laugh. "See? it's so ridiculous that you think it's all a lie. Like how ridiculous it is when wizards disfavour muggle-borns-"

"It's different." Malfoy growled, but his voice had dropped. Thoughts were running through his mind.

The things Y/N were saying shouldn't be making sense to him... but it was. It all made perfect sense.

"Surely not." said Y/N cooly. "But I'll leave you with your thoughts..."

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

Harry had been staring at Y/N and Malfoy for the past twenty minutes.

Why was Y/N's face not burning with anger?

Why was Malfoy not sneering at her anymore?

Had they made peace? Why was Y/N not scowling at him?

"You're stirring too fast, Harry," Pansy giggled, as Harry was brought back to his own potion. "gained some arm strength, have you? What have you been doing during summer break?"

"Yard work." Harry replied bitterly. He was cringing at every moment he spent with the Slytherin girl.

Pansy laughed, a little too loudly.

"That's funny," she said in a sing-song voice, swinging her short bob hair.

"It's not." Harry said impatiently, as Y/N muttered something calmly to Malfoy. She didn't seem frustrated or annoyed by his presence. Why?

"Potter!" Snape suddenly growled, making the whole class turn to Harry. Y/N froze and looked up. "What is this?" he taunted, looking down at Harry's potion."

"The Draught of Peace," Harry replied tensely- again, making Pansy giggle intensely.

"Tell me, Potter," said Snape softly. "can you read?"

"Can I read?" Harry huffed quietly, through gritted teeth. "can you teach?"

The class sniggered- Hermione and Lavender clapped a hand on their mouths, Y/N and Ron laughed with the others.

"That'll be twenty points from Gryffindor, Potter," Snape spat, quieting the class. "and you've messed up line three, meaning, you and Miss Parkinson's potion is utterly worthless."

Snape flicked his wand, making the contents of Harry's potion disappear immediately.

Y/N wanted more than anything to actually put her powers into use at the spot, but decided that it wasn't worth it.

She bluntly turned away and started reciting the alphabet backwards to distract herself from her burning anger.

"For those of you who can actually read," said Snape. "fill one flagon with your potion, label it you and your partner's name and bring it up to my desk for testing."

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

"That was totally unfair," Hermione declared, the moment the Quartet sat down at the Gryffindor table to eat lunch . "I mean- Harry's potion wasn't half as bad as Goyle and Greengrass's."

"Well, since when was Snape ever fair to Harry?" Ron said darkly.

"Niff, what were you talking to Malfoy about?" Harry asked Y/N loudly, not caring about Ron and Hermione's conversation.

"Yeah, he was all quiet at the end of class..." Ron chimed in.

"What? Oh, yeah, that-" Y/N cleared her throat. "it's... let's just say... he was the potential to change."

"You really think?" Harry scoffed. "Seems more like he's just trying to charm you up."

"Jealous, much?" Ron smirked, nudging Harry in the arm.

"What's up with Parkinson?" Y/N asked Harry back, ignoring Ron's comment. "How'd she go from a pug to a leech so fast?"

"I don't think she actually fancies Harry," Hermione said with a slight frown. "I mean- no offence, Harry. But I think she's trying to make Y/N jealous."

"Like that's going to work." Harry laughed. "Y/N knows she can trust me."

"I sure hope so," Y/N said sarcastically, but she looked down to see that the green jewel on her bracelet was glowing- worry.

Ron and Hermione swapped uneasy looks, before looking down at their meals in silence.

"Take off your bracelet." Harry suddenly demanded.

"What?" Y/N exclaimed, her heart sinking abruptly.

"Take it off, Niff." said Harry firmly.

Y/N saw the green jewel glow brightly, before unclasping it from her wrist.

Harry took the bracelet from her hand and to everyone's surprise, he put it on his own wrist.

"What are you doing-?"

"Give me your hand, Niff." Harry said calmly, reaching out across the table.

Y/N frowned suspiciously, but slowly gave him her hand.

Harry grabbed it and laced his fingers in hers.

Immediately, the pink jewel on the chain bracelet gleamed luminously from his wrist. Hermione smiled to herself and Ron raised his eyebrows.

Y/N felt her cheeks burn, as Harry finally let her hand go. The pink gem still glowed, as he carefully took the bracelet off and handed back to Y/N.

"Don't doubt what can't be changed," he said cooly, before continuing with his pasta calmly.

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

They Quartet finally entered the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, to find everyone already sitting behind their desks, and Umbridge, standing in front.

"Take a seat, you four, we're going to get started!" she said in a sweetish tone, talking to them like they were five-year-olds.

Y/N disliked her already.

"Good afternoon, class!" Umbridge exclaimed, smiling at them creepily with her hands laced together.

The class mumbled back a 'good afternoon'.

"Now, now- you all should greet me with the same amount enthusiasm," Umbridge giggled. Y/N tried her best not to roll her eyes. "Let's try again, shall we? Good afternoon, class,"

"Good afternoon, Professor Umbridge," everyone chorused, resulting in Umridge letting out another forced laughter.

"Very good, very good..." the Professor said softly.

It was as though she was trying to imitate Luna Lovegood's voice, but was failing miserably.

"Ordinary... Wizarding... Levels..." Umbridge sighed, writing O.W.L. on the blackboard with her wand.

Y/N knew she would give the same speech the other professors had given about their exams, so her mind simply switched off.

She looked dreamily to her side to see Harry, who was already staring at her admiringly.

Y/N grinned at him slyly, making him blush pink and turn away. A tiny pink light shone from under Y/N's desk.

"-now... please take out your books and turn to page 25," Umbridge cooed. "I want you to read to chapter eight."

Y/N cringed once again at the sound of her voice, and took her book out of her bag.

She looked around and saw from her classmates' expressions that they were thinking the same thing- were they not going to use magic?

But no one was brave enough to open their mouth to speak... no one except Hermione, of course.

When the muggle-born realized they weren't going to actually learn defence, she immediately shot her hand up.

Umbridge's eyes went wide.

"Do you have a question, Miss-?"

"Hermione Granger. And I have a question about the lesson, Professor." Hermione started confidently. Everyone had stopped and looked up from their work.

"Well, Miss Granger, what is your question?" Umbridge asked with a little laugh.

"Well, there's nothing in this book about using defensive spells." said Hermione plainly.

"Using defensive spells?" Umbridge repeated with a little girl chuckle. "Why, I don't know why you would need to use magic. Surely, you aren't expecting to be attacked in class, Miss Granger?"

"We're not going to use magic?" Ron exclaimed loudly.

"Students will raise their hands when they wish to speak in my class, Mr-"

"Weasley," Ron said impatiently, throwing his hand into the air. He wasn't the only one.

Dean and Parvati also shot their hands into the air, but Hermione's hand  was the highest.

"Another question, Miss Granger?" Umbridge asked, clearly getting impatient, but her voice remained sugary.

"But surely, the point of learning defence is to learn how to defend ourselves," said Hermione, scoffing quietly under her breath.

"Miss Granger," Umbridge breathed, her voice shaking. "You are not going to question a Ministry-trained educational expert."

"No, but-"

"You will be learning about defensive spells in a risk-free way." Umbridge declared, her voice becoming less delicate.

"What use is that?" Y/N scoffed, leaning back into her seat. "If we get attacked, I don't think some recited mnemonics would scare away-"

"Hand, Miss Scamander!" sang Umbridge.

Y/N shrugged, but didn't put her hand up. Harry, however, had his fist in the air.

Umbridge's nostrils flared and her body shook with frustration, but her face remained beaming. She pointed at Dean,

"What about you, Mr-"

"Dean Thomas." Dean replied quickly, lowering his hand. "Well, like Y/N said, if we were going to be attacked, it wouldn't be risk-free-"

"I repeat, Mr Thomas," Umbridge whispered. "do you expect to be attacked in my class?"

"No, but-"

"I am a qualified educational expert," Umbridge repeated, "and I know you all have faced mindless Defence Against the Dark Arts professors in the past-"

"-most likely at present," Y/N muttered under her breath heatedly.

"-not to mention extremely dangerous half-breeds." Umbridge gave a nasty little laugh.

Y/N knew immediately who she was referring to.

She looked up and made a fist- the silver hourglass on Umbridge's desk quivered dangerously, ready to burst into dust at any moment...

No. Remus made her promise.

"If you mean Professor Lupin," Dean piped angrily, "he was the best we've ever had-"

"Hand, Mr Thomas! As I was saying, you all have been frightened into thinking that a certain dark wizard and his demolished army is back-"

"We have not been frightened," Hermione said loudly. "we-"

"Your hand is not up, Miss Granger,"

Hermione's face turned red and shot her hand up into the air impatiently.

"Who do you think would attack students like yourselves?" Umbridge asked, the ghost of her fake smile lingering on her lips.

"Hmm... let's think," Harry said loudly in a mock thoughtful voice. "Lord Voldemort, maybe?"

The whole room tensed up immediately. Everyone who had their hand up dropped them. Ron gaped, Parvati pursed her lips and Y/N grinned at Harry proudly.

"Detention, Mr Potter..." Umbridge whispered, breathing heavily. "Every evening this week. Five o'clock. My office."

Y/N shook her head unbelievably, her mouth parted and her heart hammering in furry.

"As I was saying," Umbridge continued in a high-pitched voice, "all the death eaters have been sent to Azkaban fifteen years ago-"

"My mother was murdered by a death eater!" Y/N bellowed.

Lavender let out a faint gasp and Neville winced noticably. Umbridge's smile dropped slightly and she turned to Y/N slowly.

"Alexis Scamander's death was an accident." She breathed out. "And so was Cedric Diggory's-"

"I was there when Cedric was killed!" Harry shouted. Everyone's eyes fell on his. "I was there when Voldemort returned-!"

"That will be ten points from Gryffindor, Mr Potter!" Umbridge shrieked, her smile no longer visible on her face. "You must not spread lies in my class-"

"It is NOT a lie!" Harry bellowed, hitting his desk with his fist impatiently. "I fought him! "

"Mr Potter-"

"So according to you, Cedric Diggory and countless Aurors dropped dead on their own?" Y/N demanded, her voice shaking with anger.

"You will be quiet, Miss Scamander!"

"No, why don't you go first," Y/N said, mocking Umbridge's fake sweet voice. The red jewel on her bracelet glimmered cautiously. "that'd do the class a favour-"

"DETENTION, MISS SCAMANDER!" Umbridge screeched, spit flying out of her mouth. Y/N was expecting this- but she didn't care. She said what she had to say. "Same time and place as Mr Potter- given how much you two love influencing each other!"

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

The next day went by almost as horribly.

With all their weakest classes and the professors prompting them about their O.W.L. exams, Y/N found the red gem on her bracelet flashing red every now and then.

To make matters worse Hagrid was missing, and the new Care of Magical Creatures professor wouldn't budge on telling them where he was.

"She's a great teacher, though," Hermione said, as the Quartet headed for dinner after the long day.

"Not as great as Hagrid," Y/N said firmly with her nose in the air.

The Quartet marched into the Great Hall, discussing about the possibilities Hagrid was facing.

As they sat down at the Gryffindor table, Y/N noticed that Malfoy didn't even shoot them an insult from the Slytherin table.

After the yesterday's Potions lesson, had stopped directly attacking the Quartet.

He was still sneering Harry and Y/N as they walked by, but he had laid off from involving anything apart from their relationship in his insults.

And he wasn't using the term 'Mudblood' anymore.

Interesting, Y/N thought.

Well, it had only been a day. Perhaps the word wasn't that common in his vocabulary.

But maybe... just maybe what she had said to him yesterday triggered his plastered mindset.

Before Y/N could think any further, she heard a fit of giggles from behind her.

"Your hair looks stunning from the back, Potter!" Pansy simpered. Harry and Y/N turned back to the Slytherins and Ron and Hermione glared at her.

"Can't say the same to you," Y/N snorted, making Ron burst into laughter. Pansy's face turned red and she returned her gaze to Harry.

"You're going to let her say that?" she retorted, her voice sounding hurt.

"Of course he's going to let her say the truth." Ron huffed,

"What do you want, Parkinson?" Harry snapped, unbothered.

"Oh, nothing," Pansy sniggered, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear. Y/N felt a rush of annoyance rush inside her.

"Right," Harry said bitterly, turning back to the Gryffindor table, unbothered.

Ron continued to stare at the Slytherin girl suspiciously while he tore his chicken wings with his teeth , and Hermione was narrowing her eyes thoughtfully.

"Anything you want to say, Hermy?" Y/N asked the girl.

"No... nothing..." said Hermione, shrugging slightly. "just- I have a bad feeling about her..."

Before she could say anything, however, Angelina Johnson, the new Gryffindor Quidditch captain came marching to the four, her eyebrows knitted together, looking frustrated.

"Hello, Angelina." Harry greeted her.

"Hello my arse!" Angelina said heatedly. Y/N raised her eyebrows in surprise. "You've landed yourself in detention on Friday, five o'clock!"

"Wait... oh, right- Keeper tryouts!" Harry exclaimed.

"Now he remembers!" snarled Angelina. "I made it quite clear I want the whole team at the tryouts! I told you I booked the Quidditch pitch for this, especially!"

"It isn't my fault Umbridge is calling me a liar!" Harry defended.

"I don't care, I want you to talk her out of the detention!" Angelina said, crossing her arms. "Tell her You-Know-Who is a figment of your imagination of something, I don't know, just make sure you'll be there!"

With that, she stormed away.

"You know what?" Harry said weakly. "I better check with the Puddlemere United whether Wood's been killed during a training lesson, because Angelina seems to be channeling his spirit."

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

"You nervous?" Harry asked Y/N quietly, as the two arrived in front of Umbridge's office, for their detention.

"No." Y/N replied bluntly.

Harry leaned closer to her and planted a soft kiss on her cheek.

"I'm sorry I got you into all this-"

"You got yourself into this." Y/N smiled. "And I got me into this. I won't let you blame yourself any longer, Harry."

Harry looked at her lovingly and gave her a small smile, before pushing the heavy door in front of them open.

They were was blinded by the pinkness of the room.

Moving pictures of cats were hung up everywhere, meowing irritatingly. The carpet and the curtains were pink and flower striped, and of course Umbridge, herself, was in a ghastly pink outfit.

She was behind her wooden desk, stirring her cup of tea and smiling up at Y/N and Harry, as they entered the room.

"Good evening, Miss Scamander, Mr Potter," she said in her sickly tone.

"Evening, Professor Umbridge," the two replied stiffly.

"Well, sit down," the Professor chuckled, adding a sugar cube into her tea.

They each took a seat in one of the chairs in front of Umbridge's desk.

"Professor, before we start-" Harry started slowly. "see, I'm in the Gryffindor Quidditch team and- and we're holding a tryout for a new Keeper on Friday evening..."

Y/N already knew from Umbridge's bulging eyes Harry's persuading wouldn't work.

"-I was wondering if you could move the detention on that day to another day?"

"Why of course not," Umbridge scoffed, but quickly tuned it into a sweet laugh. "this is your punishment for spreading nasty attention-seeking lies, Mr Potter."

Y/N wanted more than anything at that moment to chuck the boiling tea in Umbridge's teapot at her nasty smiling face.

"Now, I would like you two to do some lines." said Umbridge. "No, no- no need for your quill, Miss Scamander. You will be using my own."

Y/N frowned, glaring down at the two black quills in front of them

"And Miss Scamander, you will start writing first- for a few minutes," Umbridge grinned. "then Mr Potter will follow."

"But why?" Harry questioned.

"I've learned your weakness, Mr Potter." Umbridge chortled, but Harry continued to look clueless.

That's a little dramatic, Y/N thought humorously to herself. It's only lines, isn't it?

Umbridge pushed one of the long black quills forwards to Y/N, along with a short piece of parchment.

"I want you to write, I must not tell lies," she said in a sing-song voice.

"How many times?" Y/N asked, trying not to scowl.

"Oh, as long as it takes for the message to sink in," Umbridge told her softly, taking a sip from her tea. "Off you go- you don't start yet, Mr Potter."

Y/N found it odd why she had to start before Harry, but she didn't waste her time questioning Umbridge.

She grabbed the quill in front of her and looked around.

"You haven't given me any ink," she said cooly.

"You, won't need any ink, dear," Umbridge chuckled softly.

Y/N blinked at her for a few second in confusion, but took the quill and tugged the piece of parchment closer to her, before writing-

I must not tell lies

At first, she was surprised to see deep red ink coming out from the tip of the quill, but after the split second of cluelessness, she let out a gasp of pain, letting go of the quill.

At the same time, the words she had written down on the piece of parchment had appeared on the back of her write hand.

It was as if the letters were carved into her skin by a scalpel.

"Y/N-! The hell is this?" Harry grabbed Y/N's right wrist roughly, as the words on the back of her hand disappeared under her smooth skin.

Her hand was still burning painfully, but the carvings were gone.

"Let her continue, Mr Potter," Umbridge said in a high-pitched voice.

"You're evil," Y/N hissed, biting her cheeks from the pain on her hand.

"Continue, Miss Scamander," Umbridge ordered firmly.

"She's not continuing," Harry said loudly, pulling the black quill away from Y/N.

"I beg your pardon?" Umbridge blinked at him blankly. "This is her punishment, Mr Potter-"

"No, It's torture!" Harry shouted, standing up from his seat.

"Harry, sit down- just get this over with." Y/N muttered, hating Umbdrige with her whole heart. Harry looked at her unbelievably, not giving her back the quill.

"I'm not letting you bleed yourself dry," he said, heatedly but quietly. "I'll do it- just- i'll ask her to double my detentions, I don't c-"

"Accio quill," Y/N said firmly with her wand in one hand. The black quill flew from Harry's hand and back into hers.

Harry gaped, panicking on his spot.

"Thank you, Miss Scamander- now continue." Umbridge encouraged eagerly.

Y/N took a deep breath and started writing, once again.

I must not tell lies

It was worse than the first time. The pain stung her whole right arm. She winced, biting her bottom lip in misery.

Harry looked away, as the scarlet words appeared on Y/N's right hand again.

I must not tell lies

Y/N dropped the quill, letting out a groan of agony.

The pain got worst every single time. She wondered if it was charmed to be like that, or if it was just like that, scientifically.

"That's enough!" Harry yelled, not caring that he was, again, yelling at a professor. "Make her stop! Tell her to stop!"

"I will not," Umbridge smiled sweetly, "but you may join her, now. Your turn, Mr Potter- I must not tell lies."

"Please, professor-" Y/N hated that she had to sound like she was desperately begging. "don't do this-"

"That's enough!" Umbridge shrieked. "Your sweet little relationsip won't get you out of detention. Now, start writing- off you go."

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

A/N ~ Very tired rn. There are probably a couple mistakes in this chapter, but I'll come back to edit it later. Lmk what u think.

So sorry it's taking a while for me to update each chapter :/

Love you all x

-ScribblingQuills

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.7K 2.2K 75
"I used to think you were just a bully. But I'm coming to realize you're merely misunderstood." (ch. 27) Brianna Locousa has sworn to hate Draco Malf...
189K 3.5K 100
Hermione and you scenes Heh, I do all *Title of chapter* - this shit means mature content Y/N - your name L/N - last name I take request :) Pls vot...
14.2K 331 27
a dracoxreader slowburn story <3 includes smut so viewer discretion is advised! love you guys and hope you're all having a great day :)
17.8K 409 38
❝𝖶𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗍 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋?❞ 𝖺𝗌𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗁𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗒 𝗉𝗈𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋. ❝𝖨𝖿 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗎𝗌 𝗍𝗈, 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗍...