Wisdom and Magic

By Fleurypower029

Madline and Carolyn have always been trouble makers, Caitlin and Alii have a past so terrifying that their ow... More

Wisdom and Magic
Goodbye
Chapter 3- What is Camp Half Blood?
Chapter 5-Sword Play
Chapter 6- Well... that was fun
Chapter 7- Lucky me. I have sisters.
Chapter 8- oh joy. a have PHSYCOPATH sisters
Chapter 9- Hunters
Chapter 10- Lightning
Chapter 11
CHapter 12- Well... In that case... Kiss me
Chapter 13... I think
Chapter 14- Kaiti
Chapter 15- the joys of pregnancy
Chapter 16- Past to Present
Chapter 17- Cera and Katrina
Chapter 18
CHapter 19- Finally
Chapter 20

Chapter 4- Anger Managment

348 4 0
By Fleurypower029

Authors note: Hi everybody. WOw. Fourth chapter in one day. I am SUCH a nerd. This is kind of depressing. Oh-well.

My teeth are killing me. Someone shoot me please. Put me out of my misery.

Anywho....

********************************************************

Chapter 4- Daughter of Athena

Carolyn's POV

   I couldn't believe it. I'd always been smart, but the daughter of ATHENA?! I was also dyslexic and ADHD . It didn't make sense.

"Why don't believe you're the daughter of Athena?" asked Tom

"HUH?!" I was completely shocked... could he read minds or something?

"Satyrs can read emotions."

'SATYR'S?! As in... half human half goat?"

"WHAT!?" screamd Madeline. Honestly sometimes she was just so rude. "You're a goat!?"

"I'm HALF goat." He replied.

"Proove it"

"Sure."

   That's when he started to take his pants off.

"WOAH!!!"

"Dude. I'm a satyr. We're not supposed to wear pants.  Look around."

I looked around and it was true. There where some other satyr's around and none of them where wearing pants. Their shaggy fur covered up everything anyways.

"OK then... explain to me how things work around here. I'm a child of Athena. We knoe that. What happens now."

"Well... Each god or goddess in greek mythology has a cabin. Each cabin has one designated leader. This person goes to meetings, war councils, and talks to Chiron if there are any problems. You will be staying in the Athena cabin. The counellor for your cabin is Annabeth."

"What about me" said Madeline. "what happens to me now."

"we don't know who your parent is. Obviously you have a very powerful parent though. Aside from the different parent the same thing will happen to you. You'll just be in a different cabin."

"We'll still see each other though.. right?" I asked

"of course. There are some times where cabins go off on their own to do things like archery lessons or swordplay but you get lots of free time to."

"When will I find out my parent." Madeline asked again.

"It depends. She'll probably claim you tonight at the dining pavilion at dinner or at the fire during sing-a-long."

Tom took us around and showed us all the different places like the volleyball nets, the basketball courts and of course the cabins. When we got to the cabins he spotted a group of teenagers and kids going into the Athena cabin. All of them had blond hair and grey eyes like me.

"ANNABETH" he screamed

One of the girls jogged over to us.

"Annabeth" he said "meet your newest half-sister Carolyn. Carolyn, this is your half-sister and cabin leader Annabeth."  

"Hi" she said "it's nice to meet you."

"I was just giving them a tour, but you should probably show Carolyn her cabin now."

"I'm not going anywhere without Madeline!" I said panicked.

She was the only family I had (besides the group of strangers I was about to meet). After Athena left my Dad he took it out on me. I was never smart enough, not as good as Athena. He became abusive when I was little and he didn't stop abusing me until I left when I was 7. When they diagnosed me with schizophrenia he became disgusted with me, he said that they must have mixed up the babies on Olympus. He must have been smart and nice when Athena was around or I would never have been born, but he turned bitter when she left and threw himself into his studies. He only stopped learning when he felt like torturing me.

"I can't go anywhere without her!) Annabeth must have seen the fear in my eyes.

"OK. She can come with us for now. Just until she finds out who her godly parent is."

I could see the Panic in her eyes to. I never told her about the abuse going on in my house but she knew that I need her and I knew that she needed me. She quickly changed her expression until one of boredom though. She hated showing weakness. She thought that to get through life you had to fight tooth and nail. That if you didn't fight as hard as you could then you would fail.

I held her hand and Annabeth led us to my cabin.

"welcome to your home" she said "Do you have any luggage?" she asked

"I have nothing except the clothes I'm wearing." I replied.

She looked at me strangely so I continued,

"we left in a hurry."

"Ah. Ok we'll get you some extra clothes and toiletries."

"Thanks."

I wasn't about to tell her that I hadn't had anything except my uniform for years now. I didn't have a single personal possession and I hadn't had one since I was 8 when Madeline and I had accidently burnt down our dorm. The only thing Madeline had was an iPod, but I didn't like listening to music anywyas.

"Well you can have that bunk over there" she said pointing to an empty bunck in the corner.

"ok"

   As soon as I sat down on the bunk with Madeline I noticed all the people staring at us.

"This is Carolyn, she's our newest sister, and that's her friends Madeline. She hasn't been claimed yet."

"Well she's obviously not one of you" said one girl in the corner "She has the darkest hair I've ever seen."

   It was true I guess- her hair was so black it was almost purple and eyes that where almost black- but it really pissed off Madeline. Her hair started to swish back and forth ever so slowly as if the wind was blowing it.

"Calm down" I muttered just loud enough for her to hear. "she's not worth it"

"What did you say?" asked the girl

"nothing"

"Well you obviously said something, so tell me what it was"

Madeline's eyes where starting to get lighter and tint green, another sign that she was angry

"Stop it!" I yelled at the girl. Then muttered to Madeline " C'mon, you can do it, control yourself."

Just then Annabeth spoke up "well your not from this cabin either, so why don't you go back to the Aphrodite cabin and leave her alone."

"Because, I want to know who her mother is."

"well, we don't know yet."

"hopefully not Aphrodite, I don't want to be related to THAT" she said with her nose in the air

"THAT'S IT!" screamed Madeline, she jumped off my bunk (which was a top bunk) but just before hitting the ground she levitated, her hair blowing wildly with green flames dancing through it and her eyes glowing green around the pupil. She levitated the other girl off the ground and made her float towards her.

"You don't want me as your enemy. I will make your life miserable. Leave me alone, I never want to talk to you again."

The girl was trembling in mid air. Madeline dropped her onto the ground and then floated back up to me to sit beside me, her hair going black again and resting on her should, her eyes fading back to their dark grey colouring. She sat silently watching the people around her as if nothing had happened and the girl ran from the room.

"W-w-well." Stuttered a boy "that was interesting"

Just for a second her eyes flashed green, and she smirked when he flinched.

I turned on her

"MADELINE ANDERSON! That was inappropriate and no way to make friends! You are so grounded! Give me your iPod.!"

"Carolyn!" she whined

"NO! NOW! One week"

She mumbled some swear words as she dug around in her pocket.

"MAKE THAT TWO!"

She handed me the iPod with a guilty expression on her face. Everyone else was staring at me with amazed expressions.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing" Annabeth replied quickly. "We're all just interested to see who her mother is."

Just then a conch horn was blown in the distance.

"OK everybody line up, time for dinner, Madeline you can sit with us until you're claimed" Annabeth ordered taking charge of the group.

Madeline smiled at me and I shook my head amazed. She can have such bad mood swings sometimes.

We all marched up to the dinning pavilion and people kept staring at Madeline. I guess that Aphrodite girl had spread rumors already. Or maybe it was just the contrast of seeing her amongst all of us blondes.

   Nothing interesting happened that day during dinner except the announcement of there arrival, and the announcement that Madeline was still unclaimed. Although I did find it a bit weird that we had to burn food as a sacrifice to the gods.

  After dinner we all went down to the campfire where Annabeth said that Madeline would surely get claimed. Everything was going well at the campfire, even Madeline was sining songs with her beautiful voice, and we had lot sof marshmellows, until the Aphrodite leader confronted her. Her name was *Piper.

"I hear you attacked one of my campers." She said boldly walking up to her.

Everyone whent quiet as Madeline slowly lifted her head up from her lap.

"Well that depends, what did she tell you"

"I'm guessing you hit her on the head because she said you started floating and lifted her up with her mind, and a bunch of stuff about you glowing green."

"Is that so?" she said sweetly, but I could see her hair starting to ruffle

"Don't do it" I whispered in her ear

"C'mon!" she pleaded back into mine

"NO!" I whisper/shouted back into hers

"Stop gossiping and talk to me!" Shouted Piper.

Bad idea .I felt Madeline stiffen beside me I said "NO!" at the same moment she said "SORRY!" and then she shot up in the air hovering five feet in the air, her hair standing straight up againexcept this time her whole body was on fire and she had two balls of fire in her hands. She looked like she had at the school before she passed out, then paper flew backwords back into the crowd of Aphrodite campers, and all the logs in the firepit suddenly flew upwards.

"MADELINE EMILY WILLOW ANDERDSON!" I said screaming her full name, "IF YOU DON'T GET DOWN HERE THIS MOMENT AND SAY SORRY I'M TAKING AWAY YOUR iPod FOR A WHOLE MONTH! I AM FURIOUS!"

Suddenly the logs stopped floating and fell into the fire pit again. She drifted down and looked at the ground sheepishly

"I am ashamed with your behavior!" I scolded. "Now say sorry." Piper had gotten up again and walked closer to us.

"Sorry Piper"

"apology accepted."

I glared at Madeline. "we'll talk again later."

Just then everybody gasped, I just glared at her some more then slowly looked up at the symble floating above her head. Madeline had been claimed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 2.7K 25
Life at Camp Halfblood was finally settling down and Nico Di' Angelo was finally happy. Everything seems fine until one night Nico has a fight with h...
22.5K 1K 84
Tempest Alexandrea Parker is not a simple person. Her life was a train wreck of secrets and lies.There was nobody in Alex's life to help her, until t...
287K 6.8K 32
Aliana was basically raised at Camp Half-Blood. She has few memories of her life at home, but those she has retained are not pleasant. It's been 7 y...
10.6K 420 34
After fighting a bloody war with Gaea, the demigods at camp half blood get issued a prophecy asking them to bring back a son of Hecate who was mistak...