Hurt By You ✔️

By jaclinmarie

A tragic car wreck brings Alexis Carter to live with her aunt and cousin. When she goes to live with them she... More

Author's Note
TW
Playlist
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thrity One
Thirty Two
Thrity Three
Thrity Four
Thrity Five
Thrity Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
Forty Six
Forty Seven
Forty Eight
Forty Nine
Fifty
Fifty One
Fifty Two
Fifty Three
Fan Art & Fan Covers

Thirteen

139K 4.3K 6.3K
By jaclinmarie

"work hard in silence. let your success be your noise."
---

"She is a really sweet girl, Asia. She nice to the others and is also really bright. I know I already told you that the other day, but I mean it, she is really sweet." I said to Jane's mother.

It's the end of the day and most of the kids were already gone. The only kid here was Elijah and this other boy named Lucas. I just hope that Kayden doesn't come late like last time to pick Elijah up.

"Thank you, Alexis, you're too kind. But Jane talks about you all the time. You were the topic over dinner last night." Asia chuckled.

"Hope it was all good things."

"Trust me it was," Asia said while smiling at her daughter who had a smile on her face as well. "Well, it's getting late, and we got to go home but it was nice talking to you again Alexis." Asia and Jane left the classroom leaving the two boys, Kathrine, and me.

"So, any plans tonight?" I asked Kathrine while we started to clean up the classroom.

"No, not really. After this, I am going to go home and relax. Maybe have a bath. What about you?"

"I have to do homework with someone from school. It's partner work and we had to set up a date for us two to meet."

"God, I remember having to do homework. It sucks." Kathrine chuckled.

I heard the door open making me turn around and see Kayden. He was wearing black pants with a white hoodie and a black jacket over.

"Kay!" Elijah yelled running towards Kayden.

Kayden leaned down and picked up him. "Hey, bud," Kayden said while also smiling at his brother.

This is the only time I have ever seen him smile but I can tell it's fake. The smile doesn't meet his eyes.

Kayden looked away from his brother and at me.

I stop staring at Kayden and look at Kathrine who was gathering her things. "Kathrine, do you mind if I leave a little early today? I have that project I told you about."

Kathrine turns around and looks at me. "Of course. I am pretty sure that his mom is here right now. I'll see you tomorrow though."

I send her a smile before getting my stuff and walking towards Kayden. "Ready?" Kayden asked raising his eyebrow and I nodded my head. We both walk out of the building together. Today Isabelle let me borrow her car for work because she didn't have to work tonight. "So, you have a ride, or do you need one there?" Kayden asked as he walked towards his beautiful car.

"I have my aunts," I stated. "I can just follow you. Are you far?" I asked.

Kayden put Elijah on the floor making him run to the car and opening the door. "No."

I nodded my head and turned around to go to the car. Once I get inside the car, I see Kayden get into his and I hear his engine roar. I start the car as he pulls out of the parking lot, and I follow him.

The entire way to Kayden's house I just followed his car. I almost lost him once because it was night and I couldn't see his black car, but when we did get to this house, I was starstruck. His house is big, and it looked like your typical LA house.

He parked his car in the driveway, and I parked mine next to his.

I got out of the car the same time Kayden got out of his.

"Alexis!" Elijah exclaimed running towards me and hugging me. "What are you doing here?" He asked while furrowing his eyebrows.

"I have homework to do with your brother," I let go of Elijah and follow Kayden inside his house. "Don't worry he likes you. He is just always mad." Elijah whispered to me.

"You don't say. "I chuckled lightly.

"Elijah your room is a mess so go clean it up before mom comes home," Kayden said as we walked inside the house.

He closed the door locking it.

"Okay!" Elijah said before dropping his backpack and running upstairs towards his room, I'm assuming.

I look around his house and I see a bunch of pictures on the wall. They were all mostly family portraits. I see a few of Kayden and a baby who I am assuming is Elijah and then a few others with an older woman and man. Most likely his father and mother.

"We can go to my room and do the assignment there," Kayden said and I look back at him.

"Okay."

Kayden led us inside his room, and he closed the door afterward.

I look around his room and see an average boy's room except it was very plain. He had a black headboard with dark grey sheets and covers, a bookshelf on the right of the room that is also next to a window, and a black desk with a laptop and other small knick-knacks, on the other side of his room there was two doors which is probably the closet and bathroom.

He didn't have any paintings or pictures hung up. The only picture I saw was a small frame on his desk of him and an older man, one from the pictures downstairs, which is most likely his dad.

Kayden walks over to his desk and sits on the chair. "So, what are we supposed to do? Just ask questions about each other and then write about it?"

I walk more inside of his room, instead of staying by the door that leads to the hallway. "Yea. It's super easy."

Kind of.

You're just sharing anything and everything about you.

"Okay."

"I already have a list of questions; I don't know if you do or not." I walked to the end of his bed and sit down on the floor. "What do you like to do in your free time?" I asked him once I got my questions.

Kayden was just sitting across from me and while looking at me.

"Driving cars, fixing them. That kind of stuff." Kayden shrugged.

"What's your favorite car?" I asked.

I didn't have that on my list, but I am curious.

"Bugatti Veyron Super Sport because they're the fastest cars in the world," Kayden stated.

"Really? SSC Tuatara hypercar is the fastest car. It has a 5.9-liter, twin-turbocharged V8 engine and a mid-mounted 5.9-liter twin-turbocharged V8 rated at 1750 horsepower. Does a Bugatti have that?"

Kayden turned his head to look at me and furrowed his eyebrows. "How do you know that?"

My dad taught me all about the engines of cars and all about the horsepower of a car.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I know cars."

I look at Kayden and see his eyes on me. His eyes held curiosity and surprise. I thought I saw adoration but then he blinks, and I saw nothing. Just his dark brown eyes looking back at me.

"Next question." He stated.

I looked down at my laptop. "What is the best memory you have as a kid?" I looked up at Kayden and see him thinking.

After a few seconds, he opens his mouth and says his answer. "My dad teaching me how to drive a car."

One of my favorite memories of me and my father as well.

"What if I crash?" I asked dad as I get ready to start the engine of the car.

"You won't sweetheart. I'm going to be here right next." Dad said with an assuring voice.

I let out a deep breath and look at my dad. "Promise?"

Dad smiled at me and rubbed my shoulder. "I promise. I'm right here."

God, I miss him. I sometimes wish I didn't always get these random flashbacks because every time I do I feel like crying.

"Next question?"

I look up at Kayden and see him with furrowed eyebrows.

I ignore the memory and look at the document. "What is your biggest regret?" After a few seconds Kayden still doesn't answer making me look up at him. Either he didn't hear me, or this is a hard question. "Kayd-"

"Next question," Kayden said and I don't push him to answer the question.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 187K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
7.2M 206K 44
~~~ Ryder's face turned angry as he pushed me back up against a wall. His face hovered inches from mine. I could feel his hot breath on my lips that...
12.2M 625K 55
Soren McKinin; the disappointment of the family, the child his parents wished did not belong to them, the type fathers warned their daughters not to...
6.1K 104 59
Part 3 Here's a list of just some of the amazing stories that I've come across on wattpad, that I have personally read and LOVED! I've done the hard...