The Things We Do :: Dream SMP...

By partiallyhuman

You were never one for change. For half your life, all you've done is keep your head down and never reach up... More

𝙳𝚎𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚜
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟶
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟼
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟽
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟾
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟿
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟷
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟹
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟺
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟻
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟼
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟽
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟾
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟿
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟷
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟹
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟺
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟻
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟼
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟽
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟾
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟿
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟶
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟷
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟸
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟹
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟺
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟻
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟼
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟽
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟾
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹𝟿
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟶
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟷 - 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚋𝚞𝚛'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟸 - 𝚆𝚒𝚕𝚋𝚞𝚛'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟹 - 𝙳𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟺 - 𝙳𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚖'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟻 - 𝙺𝚊𝚛𝚕'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟼 - 𝙺𝚊𝚛𝚕'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟽 - 𝚂𝚌𝚑𝚕𝚊𝚝𝚝'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟾 - 𝚃𝚎𝚌𝚑𝚗𝚘'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟿 - 𝚃𝚎𝚌𝚑𝚗𝚘'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻𝟶 - 𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙲𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚜

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟶

13.2K 443 720
By partiallyhuman

You'd just gotten the three stacks of wood you needed to build some extra houses for the quickly growing L'manberg. You sat down on the stump, resting your arms and letting your axe fall onto the ground.

Things had been quite busy since Wilbur gave you a spot in the government. Since there was no real system set up when it was just a small band of rebels, you as well as the rest of the Cabinet - Wilbur, Tommy, Tubbo, Fundy - had to build one straight from scratch.

The padding of leather boots on grass reached your ears, and you looked up to see Tubbo coming towards you.

"Y/n, c'mon! Someone new is arriving today!" he exclaimed, grabbing your hand and starting to run.

"Tubbo, slow down," you chuckled, pulling him back. "Are they coming here?"

"Well, I gave him coordinates - oh yeah, they're a he - but I don't know if he's lost."

"Oh, you know the guy?"

"Mhm! We used to mess around together. He's two years older than me!" Tubbo said, as the two of you came up to the gates of L'manberg.

At that moment, a shorter male ran up to you, clearly out of breath. You examined his outfit - a blue and black striped hoodie and camo pants, along with a peculiar pair of glasses with blue and red lenses.

"Jack! Hello!" Tubbo said.

"Hey Tubbo," the person responded, dipping his head slightly and turning to you. "I'm Jack Manifold, or just Jack. And you?"

"Y/n L/n, but you can call me Y/n," you returned, offering a hand. Jack took it, shaking it with a tan, slightly calloused hand. "What brings you here?"

"Well, the stories about this small group of revolutionaries spread all over the SMP. I can't lie, I saw what happened to L'manberg, and my blood honestly boiled. I want to do everything in my power to help it to grow into the glorious country I know it can be," Jack said.

You nodded. "Well, sounds like you'll be a great addition. Welcome to L'manberg, Jack."

-----

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there!"

You had accidentally bumped into an unfamiliar figure while heading to Wilbur's house. Brushing off your clothes, you offered a hand for them to take.

"It's all good, I should have been paying more attention anyways," you reassured the stranger, who turned out to be a blonde woman. "I haven't seen you around, are you new here?"

"Yup! I'm Nihachu, but most people call me Niki. I'm looking for Wilbur Soot?" she answered, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Ah, Wilbur was saying something about new members. I'm Y/n, part of L'manberg's Cabinet. I was actually heading to give him some things, if you'd like to come with me."

"I'd love that," Niki replied happily, falling in step with you as you continued to walk.

"So, Niki, tell me more about yourself," you said. "Where are you from? Why have you come to our country?"

"Well, I'm from a smaller village in the Dream SMP. Me and Wilbur are old friends, we met each other at a party, interestingly enough, but he left a few years ago with his brother Tommy. Did I mention he had a younger brother? Anyways, I heard about this country and thought it sounded interesting, and when I saw Wilbur was the president, I immediately sent a letter over," Niki prattled on.

The talkative yet soft-spoken female relayed various stories to you as you walked. She was enjoyable to be around. You could see why her and Wilbur became friends.

"Oh, here we are," you declared. Niki stopped in front of Wilbur's house, turning fully to you.

"Thanks so much for taking me here! I definitely would have gotten lost without you," Niki thanked you.

"No problem. See you around, Niki," you said with a smile. "Oh, can you give these to Wilbur and tell him they're from me?"

"Of course!" Niki took the box of items from you and waved as you left.

I should talk to her more sometime.

-----

"People are paying whole stacks of diamonds for phantom membranes? Since when?" you questioned out loud, looking at the newspaper on Wilbur's desk.

"Apparently they haven't been sighted in ages. S'pose everyone wants to get their hands on them," the brunette informed you, picking up a stack of paper and throwing it into a bin.

"They barely have use though," you commented, "just to make slow falling potions. But it's not like we can't use water buckets or enchantments."

"I don't really get the craze around them either. Tommy seems pretty interested in them though."

"Hmm. Well, see you around Wilbur." He nodded and thanked you for visiting him.

A few hours later, while you were resting in your home, you heard a knock at the door. You quickly checked who it was through the peephole. Tommy, Tubbo, Jack, and someone you didn't recognize stood outside. You decided it was safe to open.

"Hey boys, what can I do for you? Who's the new guy?"

You glanced over at the newcomer. He was a bit short, and wore a navy blue beanie with the phrase "LAFD" stitched onto it.

"This is Quackity," Tommy said. You gave him a nod and slight smile, which he returned with a grin.

"Hola mi amor, ¿hablas español?" the male said with a smirk.

"Un poco, aunque no mucho." you replied, slightly unsure.

"Chicos no sé mucho español, por favor english," Tubbo pleaded.

"Uh, I don't speak Spanish, what's going on?" Jack asked. You laughed slightly.

"He called me 'my love' and asked me if I spoke Spanish, and I told him I did, but I don't know a lot of it," you translated. "Anyways, what did you guys come here for?"

"Oh. We're trying to start a drug cartel. Would you happen to have any phantom membranes?" Tommy asked. You pinched the bridge of your nose with your hand. You could already tell you'd be cleaning up a lot of their mess.

Or making the mess with them and then having to clean it up. Oh well.

-----

You were quite annoyed, having spent several minutes searching for the stack of papers you needed to bring to the Embassy. You had no idea how it could have gotten lost in your house within just hours.

Finally finding it, you stuck it in your bag and headed outside, moving to saddle and mount Mist. You brought her into a relaxed trot, taking a moment to rest.

The ride to the Embassy went fairly quick, and you filed the papers with ease. You were about to head out when you noticed a new building being set up near the Walmart. Huh, I didn't realize construction was happening.

Coming closer, you noticed Eret, Punz, and someone else mining out a layer of dirt and replacing it with wooden planks.

"Behind you-" you called, noticing the creeper sneaking up behind them and starting to hiss.

"Watch out!" You threw your axe at the creeper, nailing it directly in the head. The creeper died on contact, and you jogged over to collect the drops along with your axe.

"Be a bit more careful next time," you told the trio, picking up your axe. "Who's this one?"

You gestured to the person you didn't know, a dirty-blonde-haired man wearing a purple sweater with a turquoise swirl design on it.

"Karl Jacobs, you might've heard me talking to him earlier," Eret said slightly awkwardly. The two of you hadn't really interacted following the end of the war.

"Nice to meet you, Karl," you said, taking the hand he held out and shaking it. "I'm Y/n L/n."

"Are you from L'manberg?" You nodded. "That makes sense with the outfit. I was interested in joining the country, if you're open."

"We are open to new members, I'd recommend taking it up with Wilbur first. He's the president of the place, if you didn't know."

"Hey, Y/n, who're you talking to?" Tommy came up behind you.

"Oh, this is Karl. Karl, this is Tommy, L'manberg's vice president."

"Pleasure to meet you," Karl said.

"You as well - wait, are you American?" Tommy said, his voice rising at the end of the sentence.

Good grief, here we go.

-----

1392 words (without a/n)

Header by me, with art from:

@/plastic_animal on Twitter
@/heinzdraws on Twitter
@/MikadoArt on DeviantArt
@/UMORSII on Twitter

Thank you for the reads, votes, and comments! I promise I'm reading them all - lowkey just afraid to reply to all of them. See you soon!

-Partially Human

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 3.7K 12
❝ PLEASE let me set Y/n on fire it's for the boys ❞ 💌; WARNINGS ˊˎ- ⇢ swearing ! ⇢ crāckfic ! ━ HIGHEST RANKINGS.˚ › #1 IN GNFXR...
72.4K 2.3K 23
"𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖞'𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖊𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖞 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖔𝖓𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙." Woohoo here we go bois. This is going to be my romanticized version of the L'Manburg...
53K 2.7K 43
BOOK TWO PRIME GODS AU READ DO I SHOOT HIM OR DO I AIM FOR THE SKIES FIRST! (A Friend From Another Life too, but it's not required.) (Y/N), and some...
464K 12.4K 18
"ᴏʜ, ᴏᴘʜᴇʟɪᴀ. ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴀ ꜰᴏᴏʟ ᴡʜᴏ ꜰᴀʟʟꜱ ɪɴ ʟᴏᴠᴇ." ‎ ‎↳war changes people; sometimes for the better or sometimes for the worse. ┊͙DREAMSMP X OC┊͙