The Dark between the Stars

Від Roseanamy

---- "Chan it's not the way you see it. Trust me." I said with pleading eyes. He ignored my presence and wen... Більше

Prologue & Cast
Chapter 1: First Impression
Chapter 2: Proposal
Chapter 3: The Contract
Chapter 4: Wedding
Chapter 5: Business trip
Chapter 6: A fresh start
Chapter 7: Few steps closer
Chapter 9: A healing date
Chapter 12: Panic Attack
Chapter 11: He cares
Chapter 12: Opening up
Chapter 13: New normal
Chapter 14: Falling for him
Chapter 15: Trip
Chapter 16: Jealous
Chapter 17: Mistake
Chapter 18: Birthday
Chapter 19: Rain
Chapter 20: Beach
Chapter 21: Misunderstanding
Chapter 22: Where are you?
Chapter 23: Terrible at staying away
Chapter 24: Warning
Chapter 25: Something's wrong
Chapter 26: A night with Seo-Woo
Chapter 27: Hiding
Chapter 28: Revelation
Chapter 29: Home
Chapter 30: Shopping
Chapter 31: Missing
Chapter 32: Where am I?
Chapter 33: The End

Chapter 8: Sick

1K 54 3
Від Roseanamy

Rosé P.O.V

The next few days in New York was fun, we visited many places, had different types of food and sadly, our fun time was over and it was back to work for us.

It's crazy how time flies and things progress. It's been five days since we came back from our little honeymoon.

I've joined hospital three days ago and it has been very hectic. But not as hectic as Chanyeol's work. We've not had one meal together since the day we came back. In the I sleep waiting for him and in the morning I wake up to Chanyeol either ready to leave for work or he'd already left. In these few days I've realised he's a workaholic.

Today, I only had outpatient day. I got free early in the afternoon so, I decided to go home early and prepare lunch myself.

When I arrived at home, Ahna wasn't there. Sudden anxiety of being in the penthouse alone arose inside me but it didn't last any longer when I heard someone groaning with pain.

I mustered up courage and walked to the kitchen to drink water thinking it must be my hallucination since I just came back from work where I have to deal with such voices all day. But then I heard the same noise again coming from our room.

I took the cautious steps towards our room, as I walked the intensity of sound increased. I stopped in front of the room, it was a little open and lights of
were open too. Cautiously I pushed the door a little and stepped inside his room and what I found made me shocked.

Chanyeol was twisting and turning in bed, groaning and whimpering. I immediately rushed towards him, his eyes were closed but his face was showing pain. I immediately touched his forehead . Oh no! He's burning with fever.

I went to get the medical aid kit but too my surprise everything inside it was expired. I wasn't even surprised. I grabbed the car keys on the shelf and realised it's Chanyeol's car keys. I didn't care at the moment, I drove his car to nearest pharmacy.

After I reached home, I gave Chanyeol some meds and checked his temperature. It's pretty high. I went to the kitchen to make him soup.

While making soup, I called Sehun. He picked up on third ring.

"Hey Rosie." He said.

"Hi, Sehun can you please postpone Chanyeol's meeting for a day or two if he has any in the evening?" I asked.

"Is everything alright?" He asked and I told him about Chanyeol's condition.

I took the soup I made for Chanyeol and helped him eat. After finishing his soup, I gave his antihistamines since I knew he needed proper sleep to recover.

Later Sehun called me and told me that Chanyeol had one and he postponed it till any further notice since it didn't seem really important. He also told me that Baek and him are going to visit us later after work.

It was six in the evening, I was preparing Chicken broth for Chanyeol and dinner for Chanyeol's friends or should I call them my brothers? We have been so close lately. I really wanted to treat them a meal but I couldn't because of the workload.

I was almost done when I heard some weak steps approaching the kitchen. I took off my kitchen robe and stepped outside to meet an angry looking Chanyeol.

"Did you give me sleep tablets?" He said in an intimidating tone that gave me goosebumps.

"I.. I .. thought sleep.. could help you re..recover." I replied.

"Who are you to decide? You aren't my doctor!" He yelled at me.

"I HAD AN IMPORTANT MEETING AT FIVE. And I missed it." He said emphasising each single word.

"I asked Sehun to postpone it." I replied meekly hiding my tears and ran to my room.

Just then the bell rang and I knew it must be my Baek and Sehun. So, I went to the bathroom to freshen up.

I walked to the living room, finding them bickering with Chanyeol. Just as I stepped inside all their attention went to me.

Baek came running towards me and said,
"It feels like you're sicker than him right now."

I couldn't tell them about what happened earlier. They were happy to know that last few days we were closer.
"I'm fine. Just stressed about him." I said pointing towards the person who was glaring at me.

"You all should catch up about the day. I'll get the table ready." I said.

"We aren't staying here for dinner." Sehun said, "Besides you look exhausted."

"I already made the dinner. I really wanted to treat you both." I replied pouting, earning a chuckle from both of them.

"Let me help you." Sehun said.

"NO." I replied. Earning a new nickname from Baekhyun "Stubborn".

After setting the table, I called them. I placed soup in front of Chanyeol. As I was about to leave, Baekhyun called me.

"Princess where are you going? Aren't you gonna eat with us?" He asked.

"No. I'm not hungry." I said just when my stomach growled. Wow what a timing to realise I didn't have anything except water the entire day.

"But your stomach say otherwise. Come sit." Sehun said while passing me plates. And I mouthed him a thank you.

Baekhyun P.O.V

Rosé cooked a lot of food for us. And all of it was so tasty.

"I haven't ate such a delicious meal before for ages. Thank you Chipmunk." I said.

"You surely have set standards of my taste buds high. It's a pity Chanyeol hyung you can't enjoy this delicious food,"  Sehun said.

She said, "Thank you," while playing with the food in her plate.

Just as I put more pasta in my plate, someone's phone rang. It was Rosé's. She picked up her phone.

"Yes?.. When did it start?.. Vitals?... Give him a shot pf Lamictal.. I'll be there in 20.. Call Dr. Wendy too." She replied on the phone.

"I'm sorry its an emergency. You guys enjoy. I also packed some food for both of you. It's on the kitchen counter." She replied picking up her plates and setting them next to the sink.

"You didn't have to. But Thank you." I replied.

She left after picking up her hospital stuff.

"A workaholic married a workaholic." Sehun said while stuffing cheese sticks into his mouth.

"Sehun about the meeting. Did you postpone it?" Chanyeol asked.

"What meeting?" I replied.

"Oh that meeting. I cancelled it hyung." Sehun said nonchalantly.

"WHY?" Chanyeol whispered yelled.

"What meeting guys? Don't act like I'm not here." I said in a loud voice.

"He set a personal meeting with The director of Jung Enterprises." Sehun said.

"The uncle of Mina?" I asked Chanyeol and he nodded.

"What is wrong with this hyung? Can't be with the girl who's by his side and want to be the one who left his side?" Sehun said standing up.

"I'm disappointed in you Chanyeol." I said.

"What's wrong with you guys? Why are you making a big of a deal out of it? I just wanted to meet her once. It's not like I'm going to date her again." Chanyeol replied, "It's my personal matter. I don't wanna talk about it. ." He said.

"Well, as long as I know. This matter is concerned with my sister's future so, it's our matter too." I scoffed.

We were arguing just when I got call from Rosé. She asked one of us to stay with Chanyeol since she'll be staying at hospital for the night.

Chanyeol didn't have enough energy to defend himself. So I asked Sehun to stay over for night to take care of him.

I rode my car and went to tge restaurant I often visited and took some dumplings for takeaway. And then I reached the hospital.

I asked the nurse and she guided me to Rosé's room. I sat inside her office waiting for her. After waiting for half an hour the door to her office opened.

She sat on the couch not realising my presence and massaged her head. Just when I decided to show myself, she jumped off the couch letting out a small scream.

"You scared me Baek!" She said while her hand was moving on her chest in order to calm her heart.

"I'm sorry Princess. I brought you food." I said showing her the food bag.

"Thank you Bacon." She replied taking me off guard.

"BACON?" I asked.

"Since you give me a lot of nicknames. So I decided to give you one." She replied.

"I'm honoured your highness." I said while setting up the table.

She took a bite and then offered me.

"I already had dinner. And I assure you it's way better than this." I said smirking.

"Why do you call me Princess?" She asked while looking at me, "You said it's a background story, can you please tell me?"

"Well, I don't find any reason not to." I said.

Should I tell her the stupid reason of us teasing her with calling her princess? I asked to myself. And then I replied.

___

(A/N; Thank you for sending me birthday wishes. Means a lot. I hope you all are well. And enjoyed the chapter. Incase you did, consider voting or comment.

Mina is Chanyeol's EX. Incase, you guys don't remember.)

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

156K 3.3K 32
Y/n's life was filled with ups and down(s) -- he doesn't have a lot of friends at school because of his cold face and straightforwardness. At home, h...
2.1K 120 24
"Underneath those dull eyes of yours, I believe something far more colorful are yet to be discovered" Lisa speaks with her long, slender fingers car...
One Decision Від angelwho?

Романтика

384K 12.6K 58
"Why don't you let something cross that face of yours?" This guy was tough work. And that made me even more determined. "Do you have any idea how hum...
6.1K 159 25
"Do you do this with every girl you think is pretty or am I special?" "You're very special. You're my sapphire. You're my introspection and meditati...