The Guide To Moving On

By wise_potato1

When Steve came out of the ice everything changed. He lost everything he ever knew and loved. He has no choic... More

Chapter 1 - Capsicle
Chapter 2 - What used to be
Chapter 3 - Recruitment
Chapter 4 - Needle in a Hay Stack
Chapter 5 - Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 6 - Can You Relate?
Chapter 7 - What are you thinking?
Chapter 8 - Herding Cats
Chapter 9 - Clint
Chapter 10 - New Delhi
Chapter 11 - Avengers, Assemble
Chapter 12 - Meet the Team
Chapter 13 - Moving out
Chapter 14 - The Avengers Tower
Chapter 15 - Drenched
Chapter 16 - First Mission
Chapter 17 - Training
Chapter 18 - Housewarming
Chapter 19 - Swimming
Chapter 20 - Prepare
Chapter 21 - Ready or Not?
Chapter 22 - Close call
Chapter 23 - Camping
Chapter 25 - Spot the Difference
Chapter 26 - Stand Still
Chapter 27 - Insane
Chapter 28 - Natasha?
Chapter 29 - Forgiveness
Chapter 30 - Healing
Chapter 31 Part 1- Hurt
Chapter 31 Part 2 - Hurt
Chapter 32 - Remember?
Chapter 33 - I Can't Pretend
Chapter 34 - What Did I Do?
Chapter 35 - Teasing
Chapter 36 - Gone
Chapter 37 - Funeral
Chapter 38 - Family Movie Night
Chapter 39 - First Date
Chapter 40 - PTSD
Chapter 41 - Secrets
Chapter 42 - Surprise!
Chapter 44 - Vacation
Chapter 45 - Plans
Chapter 46 - Wedding Bells
Chapter 47 - The Question
Chapter 48 - Decorations
Chapter 49 - Christmas Miracle
Chapter 50 - Back in action
Chapter 51 - Saving him
Chapter 52 - Waiting
Chapter 53 - Wake Up!
Chapter 54 - It Hurts
Chapter 55 - 'Til the End of the Line
Chapter 56 - Rehab Sucks
Chapter 57- Expecting
Author's Note
Chapter 58 - About to Pop
Chapter 59 - WHAT!
Chapter 60 - My family
Chapter 61 - First's
Chapter 62 - The Guide to Moving On
Author's Note

Chapter 24 - Truth or Dare

979 30 3
By wise_potato1

Nat's POV

We headed back to the camp with yet another pile of sticks, but this time we decided that there were well and truly enough sticks and so started to make a tepee out of them.

Tony had stopped complaining, which was a good thing, I guess he realized that there was no point in complaining when the circumstance wasn't going to change. Not that it is a bad thing though.

Clint and Banner were also nearly finished setting up the tents and there were now 5 tents lined up along one side of the designated campfire area. On the other, there were some thick logs in an arch around the fire for us to sit on once we had all finished our jobs.

Steve lit a match and threw it into the pile of sticks, causing it all to catch alight. We smiled at each other and stood back to admire our work. It was now getting quite dark, and Clint and Bruce finished shortly after, all coming to join Tony on the logs.

Whilst everyone else was resting after an hour of setting up, Tony hadn't lifted a finger and was now full of energy.

"So what's for dinner?" He asked as we all finally got comfortable.

"Whatever you can make." I shot back tiredly earning a glare from Tony.

"So what is really for dinner?" Tony pressed and I gave him a tired glare. Steve must've decided to step in and he explained to Tony that we were having hotdogs for dinner and showed him where all of the ingredients and utensils were.

After half an hour, Steve and Tony, well mostly Steve, had cooked us all hotdogs that looked surprisingly good. And they tasted just as good.

We all sat in silence, just staring into the fire as we finished our meals.

"You know what we should do?" Tony piped up and we all looked at him waiting for him to continue.

"We should have toasted marshmallows and then play a game of some kind." He suggested and we all nodded in response, it wasn't a bad idea. I stood up to go and locate the marshmallows whilst the rest of them went to gather some good toasting sticks.

We gathered back at the fire again and Steve passed me one of the sticks that they have gathered. The marshmallows tasted amazing, even if Tony caught nearly every single one of his on fire.

I must say, seeing Tony wave an alight marshmallow around in the air aimlessly, and then accidentally hitting Clint with it was enough to have the whole group in a fit of laughter. All except for Clint, who was trying desperately to get the burning hot, sticky marshmallow off of his back.

We all settled down once the bag of marshmallows lay empty beside us.

"Who's up for a game?" Tony asked again and we all nodded eagerly.

"What game?" Bruce asked and we all thought hard about what the best game would be. I looked around to the others to see if they had any ideas when I saw a devilish smile spread onto Clint's face. Oh, this can't be good.

"Let's play Truth or Dare!" He exclaimed causing me to facepalm. How old are we again? I haven't played that game since we were in the Red Room when I was about ten. We all got several beatings when the master found out, but it was fun while it lasted.

"Sure." The rest of the team agreed, I was outnumbered. They all turned to me, waiting for my opinion on the matter.

"Fine," I mumbled and waited for Tony to start the game. He stood up and grabbed an empty beer bottle, whilst grabbing full ones to pass out to the rest of the team before we started. Now that we all had drinks and were settled, Tony started.

He spun the bottle and it landed on Clint.

"Truth or dare Clint?" Tony asked and Clint responded with a dare. We all waited eagerly for Tony to decide on a dare for him.

"Ok, Clint, I dare you to sell that empty marshmallow packet to someone in the group," Tony said as Clint stood up to retrieve the package. He knelt beside Bruce and waved the packaging around.

He begged and pleaded with Bruce to buy it, even made up ridiculous tales about it. The whole thing was rather funny, but I was surprised at how convincing Clint was with his salesmanship. Next Clint spun the bottle and it landed on me, great.

I chose dare, mainly because I knew that truth from him would be risky and dare seemed like the safest option. Boy was I wrong.

"Right, I dare you to sit on... Steve's lap for the next three rounds!" He exclaimed, causing me to blush slightly, though I covered it up the best I could. I walked over to Steve and glanced at him apologetically. He just smiled at me sweetly and made room for me on his lap which I was grateful for. At least he was making this a little less embarrassing for me.

I sat down lightly and he supportively wrapped his hands around my waist to keep me from slipping. I spun the bottle and it landed on Tony. I smirked evilly and he just looked at me scared.

"Truth or Dare?" I called in a sing-song voice, which only made him more terrified, much to my pleasure.

"Dare?" He answered, but it sounded more like a question than anything else. I had the perfect dare for him too.

"I dare you to let me do your makeup!" I called and quickly got up to fetch the small bag of makeup that I brought. It wasn't until I stood up that I realized just how warm Steve was, I was now quite cold without his arms around me so I tried to get back as quickly as possible.

Once I retrieved the bag I nestled back down in Steve's lap and beckoned him over to me. He stood up and walked over to me nervously whilst I grabbed out the most absurd makeup I had with me.

2 minutes later, Tony had an attractive bright red lip, blue eyeshadow, ruby red blush, mascara, and thick, glittery eyeliner. All of the rest of us were in a fit of giggles by the end of it. He wouldn't stop moving, so he looked more like a clown than anything.

He whipped out his phone to look at my work and yelped.

"Natasha Romanoff! What did you do to my face!" He screamed as he looked at himself in horror.

"I made it look attractive, for once," I replied quickly, soon everyone was in a fit of giggles. It was a good comeback at least.

We went on for a few more rounds until the bottle landed on me again.

"Dare," I responded, I knew he was out for revenge, but I didn't trust his truth questions, so I picked dare.

"You have to share a tent with Steve for the rest of the trip!" Tony called out, making me blush and I could feel Steve blushing as well.

"Ok," I muttered in response. I was going to share a tent with Steve for the next two nights, of course.

"Ooh, does little Nattie have a crush on Stevie?" Tony called out drunkenly. Yeah, he was pretty drunk, as was Clint. Why does it always happen with these two? I shot a deadly glare at him.

"No! Why would you think that?" I asked more rhetorically and yet he answered anyway.

"Well for starters, you were meant to get off Steve's lap like 10 rounds ago and yet you are still there! Not to mention all of the glances you two have been sharing all night.

"Well, he is warm and comfortable and he doesn't seem to mind!" I responded sharply. "And call me Nattie again and I will stab a knife into your throat." I finished coldly, causing him to gulp. Steve gave my arm a little squeeze, probably to comfort me and I continued spinning the bottle. Why did I agree to this game again?

Steve's POV

Nat had been sitting on my lap for about an hour now and we also had to share a tent too. Not that I minded, and I don't think that she did either. The bottle landed on me and I sighed. The last few rounds I had chosen truth because I had no intention of getting a nasty dare as the rest of them had.

This time, however, I decided to mix it up and choose dare instead.

"I dare you to kiss Nat!" Clint called out and I could feel my cheeks immediately heat up. I felt her shift uncomfortably in my lap and I could tell just from her neck that she was also bright red. Bruce also looked uncomfortable for some reason, but I am more concerned about Nat.

She looked back at me and with just one glance from her, I knew what my answer was.

"Umm no, we aren't comfortable with that. I don't know about you Nat, but I am going to head to bed." I said which caused a groan from Clint and Tony. Nat nodded and we both stood up, walking over to the tent we had to share for the night.

We both clambered inside and zipped close the door behind us. At some point during the night, Nat had managed to drag her bag and sleeping gear into my tent and had it neatly set up next to mine.

We both sat on our respective mattresses and sighed.

"I am sorry Steve. All of that probably made you uncomfortable." Nat said softly as to not be overheard by the rest of the team. I immediately felt bad, she was just doing what she had to do in the game, none of this was her fault, not that I minded anyway.

"It's ok. I don't know about you, but I had a great night tonight! Especially with a certain someone in my lap all night." I replied and my eyes widened a little as I finished. I hadn't meant to say the last bit out loud! But she either didn't notice or didn't care because she smiled warmly back at me.

"I had a great night too." She said and then added; "Especially with a very warm, comfortable seat to sit in." Causing me to blush lightly and her to giggle. Maybe she did notice what I said. I smiled at her and took my shirt off as I got ready for bed.

I could've sworn that I say Nat's eyes run over my body and abs as I did so but I couldn't be quite sure. She took off her oversized jacket and boots to reveal loose sweat pants and a t-shirt underneath.

We both got into our sleeping bags and I turned out the torch that had been providing a little light up until now. I could hear Nat's breaths even out and she almost instantly fell asleep. She must be tired!

The next thing I knew, I felt her shift closer to me and cuddle up to my chest. If it hadn't been so dark, you would've been able to see just how red my face was! I bet I looked like a tomato!

I wrapped my arms around her slim frame and drifted off into a deep and peaceful sleep.

What a day!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 635 15
After the Civil War events, Natasha and Steve are on the road, trying to escape from 117 countries. However, a bigger threat is on its way, inevitabl...
206K 5.5K 60
A series of one-shots based around the relationship between Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff. Enjoy! (I do not own any of these characters)
137K 3.3K 95
Steve and Natasha starts finding comfort in each other by unconventional methods. It works, but meaningless quickly becomes meaningful. Without eith...
45.1K 888 21
Steve finds out he has a daughter after years of Natasha's been gone. Will she tell him the truth or will his mistakes be the end of their family. Ro...