Chapter 10 - New Delhi

*Time Skip to Airport in New Delhi*

The trip to New Delhi had been a long one, for I couldn't take the jets without authorization to fly in this country, so I had to go via public transport which had taken 3 times the time it usually does in the jets.

Anyway, I was here now. Fury had sent through the direct coordinates for Bruce's location and I was very relieved to discover that it was only about a 20-minute walk from here which wasn't too far at all.

This also meant that I could have contact with the least amount of people possible, to ensure the success of my mission.

I walked out of the airport and onto the bustling street beyond. I walked on for a little but decided to make a quick stop to purchase some traditional clothes as to not draw further attention to myself.

I found some off of a nice shop owner and I quickly paid for it before continuing on. The tracker I had placed in the pocket of my jeans that was under the traditional dress started buzzing alerting me that I was approaching his location.

It buzzed more harshly the closer I came and I soon realized that I was standing outside of the small house that the one and only Hulk lived in. Just a normal day, going halfway across the world to recruit a huge green rage monster, wonderful.

I knocked on the door and a tiny child answered. I was slightly taken aback, I had thought he would be living alone, I didn't think he had a family here, there you go.

She greeted me in Hindi, luckily Hindi was one of the languages that the Red Room had taught me, or this mission would have been a lot more complicated. She let me in and led me up the small ladder in the middle of the room.

As we kept climbing, I was shocked. There were 3 or so families living here, had I got the wrong place? When we reached the top, I couldn't see Bruce anywhere so I decided to ask the child to see if they knew anything.

She quickly replied, stating that he was currently treating someone on the floor above and that she would go and get him for me. I smiled at her and told her that if she didn't tell her that it was me, then I would pay her.

She eagerly agreed to my terms, I had done this to ensure that I actually found him and that he didn't run before we had a chat. There was only one reason that he was halfway across the world from his birthplace, secluded from the rest of western civilization; he was scared and wanted to be alone.

I passed some money to the child and they ran upstairs calling his name. No more than a few minutes later he came climbing down the ladder and stopped at the bottom when he saw me.

"You know for a man that is supposed to be avoiding stress, you picked a hell of a place to settle," I stated in my signature flirty tone. He was very clearly taken aback by my presence.

"Avoiding stress isn't the secret." That was all he replied with, he clearly didn't want to see me.

"Then what it is it? Yoga?" I replied, trying to continue the conversation and steer it in the direction I wanted it to go. Preferably where I didn't have to meet the green guy.

"Who are you?" He asked clearly trying to get answers, I am surprised though that he didn't recognize me. I am fairly well known around here, and not for a good reason.

"I am Natasha Romanoff and I am here on behalf of SHIELD. The world is in danger and we need you to help save it." I answered plainly.

"Save it? No, I am a danger to it, you just want to lock me up and kill me! I have seen this before!" He yelled at me suddenly slamming his hand down on the table. At that, I had had enough of being nice, so I grabbed the gun I had hidden in my dress and pulled it out, pointing it directly at him.

He immediately calmed down, putting his hands up in surrender, I could tell that I had scared him.

"As I said, we need you to protect it. Now are you coming with me the easy way, or are we about to make a mess?" I asked in a dangerously low voice that left no room for argument.

"Fine, let's go." He squeaked and I smirked lowering the gun that I had pointed at him. Mission success.

"I got him, we are on our way," I said quietly into the earpiece that was linked directly to Fury, whilst Bruce was gathering his things. He congratulated me and I looked up again, watching as Bruce collected his things.

When he was done, we walked together out of the building and back towards the airport.

"Do you recruit everyone like that?" Bruce asked as he stumbled along next to me.

"Who said that I was recruiting you and for your information, yes, if the subject is not willing to come," I replied formally as I strutted along the dirt path.

"It kind of sounded like that's what you are doing." He reasoned making me smirk. I guess this guy is as smart as his multiple degrees suggest.

"Look, I will give you all of the information when we get back to New York." That was all I said as we came up to the airport.

"New York! That's where we are going? Are you sure you want me in a bustling city home to millions of people?" He asked incredulously.

"Yes that is where we are going and I can't imagine that it would be much different from here if I am perfectly honest," I replied matter-of-factly.

This was going to be a long airplane trip, but I did what had to be done. I have a lot of red in my ledger and protecting the world is a perfect way to wipe some of it out. After all, we are the best qualified to do it, right?