𝕲𝖔𝖊𝖙𝖎𝖈[𝕬 𝕿𝖔𝖒 𝖗𝖎𝖉...

By wonuwu4k

Everyone knew Tom Riddle. He was the golden boy of Hogwarts. The best student of his year. He wished to becom... More

A Few Words From the Author.
She is the Villain
Black and Blue
Was it Just a Dream?
Bending Realities!
The Cave
The Monster He is
Promise
Friends and Families
There Goes the Self-respect
Rom Widdle
Sorting and Sneezing
Eat a Slug
The Cliche Stuff
My Rooster
The King Of Beasts
Cookie Monster.
Eat my dust!
Tommy boy
Sea Kelp
Here's my address. So, owl me maybe.
Hogsmeade.
New Friend.
When the nightmare blooms.
Gifts.
The Williams
Tea.
Puddy Tat.
You Belong to Me, Human.
Enemies of the heir, beware.
The Truth Untold
What they say...
I had to scream, but my head was under water.
Switched.
Flirting (◕ᴗ◕✿)
Punching people.
Dancing in the dark.
Please Read.
Kidnapped.
You don't mess with The Tom Riddle.
The black lake.
Lemonade.
Dragon Slayer.
No Good-byes
Oh My Chicken.
Like Father Unlike Son.
Smile again.
Picture Perfect.
Follow me.
The story has just started.
Hehe.
Notice!

Unicorn's Blood.

1.6K 89 18
By wonuwu4k

"Gah!"

The raven haired girl looked around in alarm. Her dorm room was completely empty. That could only mean two things. Either she was fighting some alien king in her dreams and destroyed all the girls in real life or, she was late.

It was probably the latter. With that thought in head, she jumped out of her bed and ran around the room to get dressed. When she stood in front of the mirror, a frown came upon her face. The past week, she had to get up at least a few hours before the school started in order to make herself more presentable.

But now, she didn't feel the need to do so. Although, she did comb her hair and wore cleaner clothes. But her signature loose tie and untucked shirt remained. She still looked like herself and not like some house doll.

After gathering her books, she dashed down the stairs and through the exit as fast as she could.

"You are late for breakfast."

Leo came to a sudden halt at the voice. She turned back to face none other than Tom, who was standing there with an impatient look on his face.

"Well, good thing you don't look like a clown anymore," he stated and gestured her to follow behind him.

A clown?

"At least she doesn't smell like flowers either," Tom muttered softly to himself and Leo could barely hear him.

"What are you talking about?" She asked him quite curiously. She hopped a few steps to match his long strides. Tom looked away from her in order to avoid the topic.

"You know, I was wondering, why are you not in your uniform?" Leo asked finally noticing his casual attire.

"Which world do you live in? It is Sunday," Tom grumbled.

Leo stopped walking. When Tom noticed that she was not following, he turned back to see her shooting him a very suspicious look. He raised an eyebrow making her squint her eyes even more.

"Today is Sunday," she declared in a heavy voice, "Yet, you, Tom Riddle, decided to wait in front of the Ravenclaw dorms for me just to remind me that I am late for breakfast. That is very unlike you."

Leo paused before taking a few quick steps towards the boy, "What are your intentions?"

Tom had the most deadpanned look on his face. Leo was still squinting her eyes at him.
Tom rolled his eyes and flicked her on her forehead.

"Hey!" She rubbed the throbbing spot on her forehead.

"That is what happens when you do not pay attention in class, idiot," he grumbled under his breath.

"You didn't have to hit me," she whined out in pain as they started walking once again.

"We are supposed have an extra class of Care of Magical Creatures today. Besides, I never got the chance to ask you why were you running like a maniac yesterday?" He asked and turned to face her.

Leo's eyes widened as soon as she remembered yesterday's incident. She immediately increased her pace to go ahead of Tom. Her eyes searched around for anyone who saw their small interaction.

Tom being the persistent little slug he was, followed her pace. Leo's stomach growled in hunger.

"Who are you running away from?" Tom asked. He was totally unfazed while keeping up with her pace where as Leo was already starting to tire out.

"Isn't it obvious? I'm staying away from you," Leo hissed out. She ducked her head once she noticed a few girls lingering around a corner. Tom gave her a confused side glance.

Leo stopped walking abruptly when a packet of fresh chocolate muffin was suddenly swinging in front of her eyes. She tilted her head backwards to see a very smug looking Tom holding the heavenly food on air. He already won the game and he knew it very well.

Leo huffed and puffed for a while before slouching in defeat. She looked like her life force had been sucked out of her body. Tom scoffed at her antics before he grabbed her by her collar and dragged her to one corner. Leo whined like a little kid, her arms crossed and cheeks puffed up.

Tom steadied her on her feet, "Tell me. Did anyone threaten you? Is it about Grindelwald?"

Leo stared at him with wide eyes. Her hands were placed against her heart. The look of concern that was on Tom's face increased even more.

"Does...do you still get chest pain?" He asked hesitantly.

That was the last straw. Leo threw her head back as if someone attacked her with an uppercut. She swiftly turned her body and held onto the wall like she was about to loose her senses.

"Don't tell me..."she whispered and then turned around dramatically holding onto Tom's collar, "don't tell me that you actually started caring about me Tom."

Tom immediately scowled and pushed her face away. Leo burst into a fit of giggles, "You look so stupid."

She slapped the wall a few times to control her laugh. All while, Tom just waited for her to finish. Once she finally calmed down, Tom sighed and asked the the same question once again. Leo wiped a few tears out of the eyes and sighed.

As persistent as ever.

Tom raised his eyebrows as Leo contemplated her options.

Okay, so I should avoid him.
But I missed breakfast and the muffins look too good. I could just snatch it and make a run for it.

She stopped when she saw him glaring at her.

Oh, right. He can hear my thoughts.

She slouched in defeat once again.

"Fine," she groaned out.

Tom crossed his arms, waiting patiently for her explanation.

"You know that there are a lot of girls that would want to be in my place right now?" Leo asked.

Tom scrunched his nose, "Who in the right mind would want that? No one would want to be as stupid as you."

Leo slapped her forehead.

"First of all, I am not stupid. I'm just lazy. If I were to show my full potential, I would be the golden student of Hogwarts, not you."

Tom almost laughed at her, "Is that so? Why don't you show it then?"

"I don't appreciate being the centre of attention, unlike you," Leo said in a mocking voice.

Tom raised an eyebrow, "You are bluffing."

"Am not!"

"Then prove it. Get an invitation to professor Slughorn's party."

Leo sighed, "Very well. Now, as I was saying. A lot of girls would want to be me because I am the only girl who you stay with the most. When you stopped talking to me, they were quite happy about that. But as soon as I started to appear a bit more... ladylike, they thought that I was doing it to impress you."

"Were you?"Tom asked suddenly making her scoff.

"Of course not. Why would I want to impress someone like you. I was just...you know..." Leo trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"Why did you do it then? You looked like a clown," Tom stated seriously, like he was actually trying to describe what she looked like," and you smelled like Olivia."

"What?" Leo deadpanned and Tom just shrugged like he just stated some facts.

The girl sighed. She didn't know why but all her insecurities came crashing down on her all at once.

"I heard them talking about me. I couldn't help but realise that they were right. They said that I sat like men and ate like a pig. That was why you hated me. I mean, they are not entirely wrong..." Leo trailed off with a shrug.

She chewed on her lips while fiddling with her fingers. When Tom didn't say a word, she looked up at him with wide teary eyes, "Even Zayden left me saying that he didn't want me to spoil his reputation in school. So, I thought that I was troubling you too. That's why I changed myself. But they just blamed me either way," Leo paused in order to control her shaky voice, "Last night, a few Slytherin girls as well as Griffindore girls decided to hurt me. In normal circumstances I would have defended myself but now my magic is not being controlled by the necklace. I didn't want to injure them. So, I just ran and then I bumped into you and you know the rest."

Tom didn't make a sound. He rubbed the bridge of his nose. Leo started at him in fear. Fear of being left alone once again. Alone because, she didn't have a home, a family and even any friend. She only had Tom, that is if he wanted to stay.

Suddenly her vision was blocked by the packet of muffins. She looked at them and then at Tom who refused to meet her eyes. As soon as she grabbed them, Tom started walking ahead. She didn't know whether to follow him or not.

"We are going to be late for the class, idiot. Do not just stand there," he grumbled.

Leo's cheeks almost hurt due to the huge smile on her face. She ripped open the packet and shoved an entire muffing in her mouth. She skipped behind him in joy. Tom only shook his head but didn't complain. In fact, he had a look of relief on his face. He was sure that the girl was Leo and not any imposter.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

"These sho goof," Leo exclaimed while comping down on the last muffin. The duo had finally reached the open field near the forbidden forest. Professor Silvanus Kettleburn was standing in the middle of all the students from Slytherin and Ravenclaw.

"Finish your food," Tom hissed out at the girl. Leo almost died of choking but swallowed the entire thing anyway. Her eyes suddenly fell on the hoard of students who were staring at her and whispering nonsense. She stopped walking and looked back at Riddle.

I don't think I can do this.

Hearing her thought, the boy rolled his eyes and grabbed her by the collar. He guided her through the students, glaring at anyone who blocked his way. Professor kettleburn smiled as soon as he saw the star student of his class.

"Riddle! Good thing that you finally joined!" The professor clapped to grab everyone's attention. Tom nodded his head in acknowledgement but kept a firm grasp on Leo so that she couldn't run away.

Once the class settled down, the professor started his little introduction, "Class, today we are going to go on an adventure."

Recieving a less than enthusiastic response, the professor continued hesitantly, "Can anyone tell me what a unicorn is?"

He asked and stared at Tom. But the boy kicked Leo's shin making her jump. She glared at the boy who tilted his head, gesturing her to answer.

Right. I have to prove myself.

She grumbled in her head and raised a hand. The entire class gasped in surprise making her roll her eyes.

"Yes, miss Wright!"

Leo ignored the name.

"Unicorns are a one horned magical creature whose hair as well as the horn can be used to make many useful potions. However, they are rarely seen and are very prideful animals."

Once she finished, Tom was drilling holes at the side of her head. The whole class was gaping at her. She hated it. She hated being the centre of attention.

Leo clenched her teeth and glared at her shoes trying to brush off all the stares that were being thrown at her. Professor kettleburn cleared his throat in order to clear out the tension. The whole class shifted their attention back to him. All except Tom.

Leo bit her lips, scared that he would be angry once again. Gathering up enough courage, she looked up at Tom due to his towering height. She looked like a kid who was caught while stealing some candy.

The boy scoffed and turned away. When Leo didn't look away, he grabbed her head and rotated it towards the professor.

"Well done, Wright. Ten points to Ravenclaw!," The professor exclaimed, "students, today you are to venture into the forbidden forest and look for unicorn hair. It is indeed very rare and the first student to bring five unicorn hair would be given ten points extra credit in their O.W.Ls. Now, off you go. Don't go too far and return before sun set!"

The professor clapped loudly as if chasing away chickens. One by one, the students scattered away. Leo turned towards Tom to see he was already walking away.

"Hey! Wait for me!" The girl ran after him and stopped once she reached him. He barely spared her a glance but didn't push her away so that was a good sign.

"Tom, are you angry at me? You know, at first you thought I was dumb and was so eager to teach me and now I'm not dumb and you wasted your time and yo-"

"You are still...dumb," he hesitated while saying the new word.

Leo stopped her rambling and a small smile took over her face. Soon, she was grinning ear to ear. Out of pure excitement, she grabbed Tom's hand and swung it back and forth.

When Tom looked at her she flashed him another toothy grin. "You know what, Tom? You are not that bad. Yesterday when I said that I hated you...I didn't really mean it. I admit that I can actually tolerate you," she explained as her hand gave his one a light squeeze.

Tom was still observing her. "You are still dumb," he concluded while nodding to himself. Leo pouted but didn't reply him. Who knew what was going on in his mind?

Leo looked around to see that they were already somewhere in the middle of the forest. She let go of Riddle's hand and started looking around for the unicorn hairs.

Hours passed and the duo was still empty handed. Leo could feel that Tom was growing frustrated. Her back was starting hurt as she was crouching for way too long. Just when she was about to scream and give up, a light rustling caught her ears.

She straightened and looked around to see a few tall trees hiding away a narrow stream. She slowly crept toward Tom and tapped him on the shoulder. He was about to snap at her but she pressed a finger on his lips to shut him up.

He frowned as Leo gestured him to follow her. He nodded and she removed her finger. She lead the way quietly, followed by Tom. The duo stopped a few feet away from the stream and hid behind a thick bush.

Tom rolled his eyes and tried to move forward. Leo almost growled and pulled him back. Tom scoffed as she peered from the bush. The sight in front of them was truly magical.

Six unicorns were bathing in the stream. Among them, there were two baby unicorns, their furs were a bright golden and they didn't have a horn on their head. The four other unicorns had pure white fur. It was beautiful.

"They are not fond of wizards. So, stay here," Leo whispered to Tom who shook his head and started to stand up. Leo glared at him and pulled him down once again.

"Stay here! I will call you. I promise," she whispered again. Tom looked very annoyed but nodded in agreement. Leo gave him a small wink and came out of the hiding.

The unicorns looked around in alarm. Leo widened her eyes and looked down. Unicorns needed to be shown respect. Meeting their eyes would alert them.

Leo slowly approached them, trying to stay as careful as possible. The unicorns eyed her in curiosity. She raised her palm in the air making one of them sniff it in doubt. Once assured that she meant no harm, the unicorn snuggled into her hand making her smile.

The other unicorns were encouraged and approached her one by one. The two young ones nuzzled against her stomach making her laugh out loud.

Leo puffed her cheeks thinking whether she could manage a little magic. She closed her palms into tight fists and concentrated hard. Soon, her fists were filled sugar cubes. A satisfied smile etched onto her lips as she fed them their little snacks.

Once she was sure that they were tame enough she turned back and waved at Tom who was still hiding away. A second later Tom came out and walked towards her. The unicorns suddenly tensed up but the young ones were a whole different story.

As soon as Tom reached, the two practically jumped at him. He looked so lost. He glanced at Leo asking for help who was busy gawking at the little scene. She snapped out of her daze and offered him a bit of sugar cubes which he fed them.

Tom was still standing like a stone. Leo shook her head. Would he die if he showed a little bit of emotion?

"Here, let me help you, Tommy boy," she said with a sigh and grabbed his hand gently. Tom looked at her as she guided his hand towards a big unicorn. He was sceptical but didn't complain. Leo placed his hand on the unicorn's pure white mane and stroke it gently. The unicorn came closer to him for more attention. Leo felt him relax and she let go of his hand.

The girl skipped away to other unicorns who were more than happy to play with her. The younger ones splashed water at her which she returned, or at least tried to as she slipped and fell into the stream.

Tom rolled his eyes as she was sprawled on the ground with a bleeding elbow. The boy crouched beside her and helped her clean her wound. As soon as the pain was gone with a bit of help from his magic, Leo was on her feet once again.

"If you are done playing, we should collect the hair and start heading back," Tom declared. Leo pouted but immediately shut up when Tom shot her a glare.

The duo got up and went to one of the elder unicorns.

"It is okay if we take a few hair strands?" Leo cooed at the beautiful creature.

"It is not capable of understanding our language," Tom stated with a bored voice.

"They can understand if the words are full of love. Isn't it?" She cooed once again and hugged the unicorn. The creature made a happy notice and snuggled into her embrace. Tom started at the small interaction. The word 'love' repeated in his head again and again.

"There is no such thing as love," he suddenly spoke his mind making Leo freeze. She pursed her lips, deep in thought. She slowly turned her head and met his cold eyes with a solemn look on her face.

"Perhaps you are right, Tom. There is no such thing as love."

She turned back and started stroking the unicorns mane, collecting the pure white hair strands.

"Did you know, the unicorns blood could save one from the death's door?" Tom asked suddenly, breaking the silence between them. Leo turned towards him once again to see him playing with one of the younger unicorns.

"Why would one want to live when they are at deaths door? Isn't death an escape?" Leo asked quietly. Before Tom could question about the sudden change of her behaviour, she flashed him a smile, " I think we have enough hair. Let's go back."

Tom patted the little unicorn's head and stood up. Before the girl could escape, he placed a firm hand on her shoulder and turned her so that she was facing him. She stared up at him with a slight tilt of her head. The boy searched her innocent brown orbs for a while and for the first time he saw something that he had never seen before.

Tom was not very good with emotions but when he noticed the loneliness in Leo's eyes he could only remain silent and stare.

"Tom, are you okay?" She asked and tried to back away. But the boy held her in place.

"Riddle, are you planning to finally kill me in the middle of the fores-"

"What more secrets do you have, Leo?" He cut her off. They way her named rolled off his tongue made her stomach a bit queasy. Heat rushed to her ears as she looked everywhere but his intense dark orbs.

"I...," She trailed off. A sigh left her lips and she gathered enough courage to stare back, "Too many. But I cannot tell you even if I want to."

Tom pursed his lips when he sensed the guilt in her voice. "Dumb," he muttered under his breath and pushed her face away from him. Leo gasped when he started walking without her.

"Hey! The first two times when you called me dumb, it was cute okay? Now, it is making me angry!"

"Don't say that word," he muttered but Leo caught up to him she smirked.

"Aweee, wittle Tommy doesn't wike being called a cutie!" She mocked him in a baby voice. Tom tried to flick her forehead but she dodged.

"That's it! I'll call you cute from today!"

The rest of the way was filled with angry grumbles from Tom and fits of laughter from Leo. At the end of the day, they did manage to get that extra credit for their O.W.Ls.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.2K 1.4K 31
cover made by: @marvelgirl_10 _________ [TOM RIDDLE x OC] BOOK ONE OF THE SEASON OF THE HARVEST SERIES enemies to lovers | slow-burn | dark themes |...
19.6K 493 44
"I never want to feel like that again" Lenora said, Tom felt like he saw a spark in her eye. "Let me teach you more dark magic" he brushed hair out o...
22.3K 484 47
life after voldemorts victory. What would you do , when the son of the most evil wizard ever setting foot on the wizardingworld has his eyes on you...
29.6K 912 22
❝ 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐓𝐨𝐦 𝐑𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐲 𝐡𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟, 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮? ❞ Maisie Evans Pott...