The Guide To Moving On

By wise_potato1

When Steve came out of the ice everything changed. He lost everything he ever knew and loved. He has no choic... More

Chapter 1 - Capsicle
Chapter 2 - What used to be
Chapter 3 - Recruitment
Chapter 4 - Needle in a Hay Stack
Chapter 5 - Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 6 - Can You Relate?
Chapter 7 - What are you thinking?
Chapter 8 - Herding Cats
Chapter 9 - Clint
Chapter 10 - New Delhi
Chapter 11 - Avengers, Assemble
Chapter 12 - Meet the Team
Chapter 13 - Moving out
Chapter 14 - The Avengers Tower
Chapter 15 - Drenched
Chapter 16 - First Mission
Chapter 17 - Training
Chapter 19 - Swimming
Chapter 20 - Prepare
Chapter 21 - Ready or Not?
Chapter 22 - Close call
Chapter 23 - Camping
Chapter 24 - Truth or Dare
Chapter 25 - Spot the Difference
Chapter 26 - Stand Still
Chapter 27 - Insane
Chapter 28 - Natasha?
Chapter 29 - Forgiveness
Chapter 30 - Healing
Chapter 31 Part 1- Hurt
Chapter 31 Part 2 - Hurt
Chapter 32 - Remember?
Chapter 33 - I Can't Pretend
Chapter 34 - What Did I Do?
Chapter 35 - Teasing
Chapter 36 - Gone
Chapter 37 - Funeral
Chapter 38 - Family Movie Night
Chapter 39 - First Date
Chapter 40 - PTSD
Chapter 41 - Secrets
Chapter 42 - Surprise!
Chapter 44 - Vacation
Chapter 45 - Plans
Chapter 46 - Wedding Bells
Chapter 47 - The Question
Chapter 48 - Decorations
Chapter 49 - Christmas Miracle
Chapter 50 - Back in action
Chapter 51 - Saving him
Chapter 52 - Waiting
Chapter 53 - Wake Up!
Chapter 54 - It Hurts
Chapter 55 - 'Til the End of the Line
Chapter 56 - Rehab Sucks
Chapter 57- Expecting
Author's Note
Chapter 58 - About to Pop
Chapter 59 - WHAT!
Chapter 60 - My family
Chapter 61 - First's
Chapter 62 - The Guide to Moving On
Author's Note

Chapter 18 - Housewarming

897 32 0
By wise_potato1

Nat's POV

After I had taken a shower I looked through my clothes, trying to decide what to wear. I finally picked out a simple flowy black jumpsuit, black stilettos, and bright red lipstick.

I was surprised that we were having a party at all considering we were had our first mission yesterday night and everyone is no doubt still exhausted. But anyway, I guess Tony had other ideas. I walked out of my apartment and into the hallway. I glanced at the time as I walked towards the elevator.

Turns out that I was running a few minutes late, great. Oh well, there is nothing I can do about it now. I arrived at the correct floor and was greeted with what looked to be a ballroom or at least that is what was listed in the floor guide in my room.

All of the boys were already there milling around and they all turned towards me as I entered. I quickly realized that I was a little overdressed for the occasion as the boys were all just in dress shirts and pants. Oh well, can't do anything about it now.

I walked over to them as they all just stood there gawking at me.

"Close your mouths before you catch flies." I quipped whilst striding past them to the bar to get myself a drink. If I had to be around these goofballs, I at least need a drink. I grabbed a glass of vodka and then re-joined the group who were now just talking amongst themselves.

"What kind of party is this Tony? Where is all the usual pizazz?" I asked him as the party was a lot different from any of the other parties of his that I had been to. There were no lights, music, hundreds of random people; nothing. He shrugged in response and I rolled my eyes. Smirking, I walked over to the speaker and plugged my phone into it.

I played some upbeat music and somehow flicked a switch which dimmed the lights and bright lights now took up the space. I stood back and admired my handy work. Now it felt more like a party. Now we just need a drink and a game... what games are usually played at a party?

I glanced around the room to see what I could come up with. That's when my eyes landed on a non-descript door. I walked over to it to get a closer look and I quickly realized it was a party store cupboard.

I could feel 4 pairs of eyes staring at my back whilst I worked but I didn't care. I wasn't going to waste my time at a boring party, I was going to make it enjoyable even if it is just for my own sake.

I looked around in the cupboard, there were balloons, streamers, tables, flowers, more lights, and tonnes of other party decorations. But that's when I spotted it. Exactly what I wanted. A pool table pushed up against one of the doors.

I lifted it off the wall and put it back on the ground, right side up. I rolled it out of the storeroom and into the middle of the room. Over the years I have gotten good at pool and it would feel great if I could beat all of the men at it.

As I rolled it out, all of the boy's faces lit up.

"Righto boys, who's up for a game?" I asked, smirking flirtatiously at them. Everyone nodded except for Bruce who opted to sit this one out and just watch instead.

"You guys sort out the teams, I am going to get more drinks," I announced as I walked back over to the bar. I grabbed several beers, shots, and wine bottles from under the counter and brought them back over to the group. I had also grabbed a full bottle of vodka for myself.

Once the drinks were handed out, I re-joined the group at the pool table.

"Did you sort out the teams?" I asked, swigging on my huge bottle and then placing it down beside me.

"Steve and Clint verse you and me." Tony piped up and I nodded in agreeance. I was nearly positive that Steve had never played before and I knew Clint wasn't great at it either. I wasn't sure about Tony's skill level, but I was sure we were going to win anyway.

Steve's POV

Round after round we played, and it quickly became obvious as to who was going to win, it was going to be Nat and Tony. Soon enough it came down to the final points and Clint nudged me.

"The only way we have a chance of winning is if Nat misses this next ball. Watch and learn buddy." He whispered before shrinking away. I tried to act as normal as possible as I watch in anticipation of what Clint was planning.

Then I saw him sneaking up behind Nat ever so slowly. I had to bite my tongue as to not smirk at his actions. He was nearing Nat right as she was about to take her shot. Right as he was about to scare her, she grabbed a knife out of her jumpsuit at the speed of light and spun around, pointing it right at Clint's throat.

Everyone's eyes widened at her actions, who knew she could move that quick?

"What do you think you are doing?" Nat asked, her voice dangerously low. Clint immediately started backing away with his hands up in defeat. She smirked, spinning herself around and making the perfect shot.

Tony and Nat cheered and hugged each other whilst Clint sulked in the corner. They had won easily. I packed the game up as Tony came over to us to boast. Rolling my eyes I walked away over to the bar where Nat was currently raiding the alcohol supply.

"How was losing so pathetically Captain?" She asked as she stood up, a fresh bottle of Vodka in her hand. How she wasn't blind drunk yet is beyond me. She has drunk enough to make 3 grown men pass out and yet she was still going.

"Who wants to try and beat me in a shot competition?" Nat called out, oh no. This was going to end one way and it wasn't going to be pretty.

Tony and Clint were the only one's game enough to take her up on her offer, although I have a feeling that is partly because they are fairly drunk already. The next thing I knew they were going shot after shot. Clint was the first to tap out, leaving Tony and Nat to battle it out.

I could tell that Tony was getting sick, he was sweating and everything. 2 more shots later he fell on the floor, then rushing to the bathroom to vomit. Nat stood there victorious, even though she had about 15 shots. Bruce and I just stood there shaking our heads at their stupidity.

Tony emerged from the bathroom and drunkenly tripped back over to us. Clint re-joined us a little while later, also blind drunk.

"Who's up for a game of tug a war?" Nat yelled out running over to the cupboard. It sounded like a lot of fun so we all agreed. Nat dragged the heavy rope out of the cupboard and over to us.

"All right, super soldier and the assassin on one side and hulk, archer and I on the other," Tony announced, slurring his words in the process. We all grabbed the rope on our respective ends and got ready to pull.

Both teams started pulling at the same time but we were gaining ground. I glanced at the Redhead beauty in front of me. She was truly something else, pulling a rope with such force in 5-inch heels after countless amounts of drinks. She reminded me of Peggy in so many ways, only Nat is stronger.

Clint lost his footing and fell, tripping Tony in the process allowing us to pull it over the line. Once it was over Banner dropped the rope, causing Nat to fall backward from the force. Luckily I was quick enough to realize what was going on and catch her before she hit the ground.

She looked up at me gratefully as she stood back up, flipping Clint off as she did so.

Half an hour later I decided to take Tony and Clint to bed, they were hammered and becoming a danger to themselves. After spending half an hour getting them both to stay in bed I went back down to the party where I had left Bruce and Nat.

Nat was over by the bar again when I got back, retrieving yet another bottle of vodka. I walked over to her and pried it off of her before she could drink it. She glared at me and pouted as I did so but I didn't care, she had well and truly enough.

"Steve, that's not fair." She pleaded, whacking me lightly on the chest. I went back and returned the bottle and walked over to where she and Bruce were now standing.

"All right, I am going to bed," Bruce announced, heading over to the elevator.

"I think we should head back too Nat," I told her gently. She pouted but walked over to the elevator with me anyway.

"How are you still standing?" I jokingly asked her as we got on the elevator.

"You're not the only one who has bodily enhancing serum, a modified one sure, but it still means it takes more for me to get drunk than any regular person." She told me as we rode the elevator back up to the correct floor.

"Basically if I ever get to the point where I am blind drunk, something is wrong and I am probably not ok." She jokingly told me as we got off at our floor.

"I'll keep that in mind," I replied smiling softly at her.

"Good night Captain," she called as she walked back into her room.

"Goodnight," I called as I headed back into my apartment. Nat truly is special, but there is still something about her that I can't quite put my finger on. The way she makes me feel?

I know this chapter was fairly long and boring, but I believe that it is important in the lead-up to the following chapters. So thanks for sticking with it and I promise it will get more exciting from here on.

Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 6K 32
Natasha Romanoff, Russian super spy turned agent of SHIELD (and Avenger to be), never thought she'd love again. Steve Rogers, war hero (the star span...
37.4K 1.3K 15
After Natasha saved Steve from HYDRA, she only wants him and their child to live happy in Wakanda. Everything that she was hoping for collapses on he...
42.4K 1.5K 21
After their 8th wedding anniversary. Natasha has to leave for Russia for a dangerous mission, leaving Steve and her five kids behind. However, when s...
161K 4.9K 25
Steve Rogers is a simple farm boy, in love with a simple girl. But his life changes when Natasha Romanoff, a rich spoiled brat enters his life. He ha...