In Plain Sight (Spencer Reid...

By aweshesugly

As a new additon to the BAU team, you are happy that you get along with the team just fine. But you worry eve... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 -And so it begins
Chapter 2 -First Case First
Chapter 3 -Butterflies
Chapter 4 - Feelings
Chapter 5 - Killer Cupid
Chapter 6 - Taken
Chapter 7 - Right where it hurts
Chapter 8 - Kiss Me
Chapter 9 - Cuddle Buddies
Chapter 10 - Calling the Shots
Chapter 11 - Boss of Me
Chapter 12 - Make You Mine
Chapter 13 - First Date
Chapter 14 - Possesive
Chapter 15 - Duty Calls
Chapter 16 - Family Business
Chapter 17 - Call Me
Chapter 18 - Spencer
Chapter 19 - Court is Adjourned
Chapter 20 - Prisoner
Chapter 21 - Cutting Ties
Chapter 22 - Watched
Chapter 23 - Lost and Found
Chapter 24 - Karma
Chapter 25 - Betrayal
Chapter 26 - Partner in Crime
Chapter 27 - My Angel
Chapter 28 - Life and Death
Chapter 29 - After Life
Chapter 30 - Miss Me?
Chapter 31 - Irresistable
Chapter 32 - Unfortunate Events
Chapter 34 - Birthday Boy
Chapter 35 - October Scorpios
Thank You💕/ Announcement👁👁

Chapter 33 - Second Chances

996 25 13
By aweshesugly

You were sitting quietly in the hospital waiting room,  trying to wrap your head around what the fuck just happened.

"Y/N?"

You turned around at the sound of your name, watching Garcia run to you with her arms open wide.

"My sweet girl!" she exclaimed while embracing you in a hug. "What the hell happened?"

"I-I dont know" you answered a bit dazed. "We- we just wanted to get ice cream and... and then the guy pulled out a gun...."

You began to tear up once again, staring at the wall as you recollected the memories of that bastards face.

"He- he laughed and shot him... And I just fucking stood there, and I did nothing..."

"Y/N, dont you dare! This was not your fault, do you hear me?!"

"What happened?!" you heard Morgan scream out from behind you. You looked at him with tear filled eyes, you didn't want to explain it again. You just couldn't do it.

"Spencer" whispered Garcia. "He was shot.."

You watched Morgans body go numb, his face turning pale at the news.

"He's in surgery.." you announced softly, trying to give them a sense of hope. A hope that you could cling off from before you lost your fucking mind.

"How long has he been in there?"

"Two hours.." you whispered sounding absolutely defeated.

A couple of minutes later the rest of the team walked in. JJ and Emily walked over to comfort you, whispering their everything will be okays and he'll be just fines as they hugged you tight.

"Can you tell us anything about the man who shot Reid?" Hotchner asked you in a stern voice. You knew he loved Spencer like a son, this must be driving him insane.

"He was a white male, looked to be in his mid twenties. He had blue eyes and what looked like dyed blonde hair. He had a scar on his left eyebrow and was carrying a Beretta M9. He had an accent, sounded like he was from New York..."

Everyone stared at you in awe, they couldn't believe how you could remember such details in such a state of shock.

"Okay, that's good Y/N. Ill have every single fucking agent and cop look for a man with that description until we find him!" Morgan blurted out as he hugged you.

Your body fell into his arms, you hadn't realized how exhausted you were. You almost felt... numb.

You all waited and waited, until finally the doctor walked into the room. You stood up, ready for him to tell you how the surgery went.

"For Spencer Reid?"

"Yes! Thats us!" you exclaimed as you approached him. "How did the surgery go doctor?"

He took in a deep breath and looked through a file, you wanted to punch him for not answering your questions quickly enough.

"Are you Y/N, Y/L/N?"

"Yes, Doctor!"

"Okay Miss Y/L/N, your boyfriend just got out of surgery. He lost a lot of blood, but with a transfusion we were able to stabilize him. He is currently being assigned a room and is to be kept here at least 48 hours for observation."

"Oh my god" you sighed in relief, feeling like a huge weight just got off your chest. "Can we see him?"

"Of course! He might still be a little groggy from the meds though, so dont get to excited..."

You all nodded and let the doctor walk you to Spencers room. As soon as he opened the door you ran to Spencers side, holding his hand tightly as you watched his curly brown curls lay over his pale face.

"Im so sorry baby" you whispered with immese guilt, feeling like this was all your fault.

"How long is it going to take for him to wake up?" asked Hotchner in a stern voice.

"Couple hours. So, just be patient." the doctor answered as he made his way out of the room, leaving you and team alone with Spencer at last.

"Ugh!" you heard JJ exclaim as she looked at her phone.

"What's wrong JJ?" asked Emily confused.

"Im sorry guys, we have a case.."

The team just stared at each other, feeling bad about having to leave you alone during these times.

"Don't worry guys" you heard Morgan speak out. "Ill stay with her.."

"Thank's Derek.." you whispered, shooting him a soft smile.

You hugged the rest of the team goodbye and found yourself a chair to sit on while you waited for Spencer to wake up. You watched him very closely, a tear falling of your cheek at the sight of his bandaged wounds.

"Hey.... the worst is already over momma. He's going to be just fine?" whispered Morgan as he hugged you from behind.

You nodded as you wiped the tears off your face, giving Morgan a soft smile as he let go of you.

"Hes going to be fine" you whispered to yourself as your gaze went back to Spencer.

"Its getting a little late babygirl... Do you want me to drop you off at home?"

"No no, I want to stay with him. I dont want him to wake up while no one is here..."

"Very well then, imma go go to the cafeteria to get some food, okay? Want anything?"

As soon as you shook your head, Morgan stepped out of the room. He closed the door quietly, leaving you alone with Spencer at last.

"Hey Spencie" you whispered to him as you drew little circles on his hand. "I don't know if you can hear me, but......I love you so fucking much."

Your eyes started welling up with tears, a deep pain growing in your chest as you watched the man you loved in such awful condition.

You tried to sob quietly, not wanting to disturb any of the other patients or medical staff outside. You planted a chaste kiss on his arm and laid your head on it, trying to get as comfortable as possible to take a quick nap. You were so exhausted but you didn't want to leave his side.

As you were drifting off to sleep, you felt Spencers body begin to move. You quickly stood up, watching him with wide eyes as he began to hum and whine.

"Spencer" you whispered as you reached out and held his hand once again.

He turned his head around to look at you, his mouth curling up into a small smile as your hand moved up to his face and cupped his cheek.

"Hey Angel.." he mumbled out as he laid his hand over yours, "Hows my favorite girl.."

You wrapped your arms carefully around his waist, being careful not to hurt his arm or neck.

"You scared the shit out of me!" you yelled out with a smile. He laughed as you let him go, putting your hand back on his face as you stared deep into his eyes, thanking the universe and god and the stars that he was okay.

"Good! Next time you'll learn to appreciate me!" he said jokingly as he tried to move his arm, wincing at how painful it was.

You smiled at him, bringing your face closer to his as you outlined his lip with your thumb.

"I love you, Spencie" you whispered out, watching as his lips curled into a smile.

"I know you do, Angel...."

You were just admiring him when your eyes finally landed on his lips, you slowly pulled your face closer to his, watching him as he grew nervous at how close you were.

"Why so nervous baby?" you whispered as you examined his face once again.

"I just.... I thought I would never see you again."

With that you looked back into his eyes, your lips immediately crashing with his. Slowly forming a sweet yet passionate kiss that made you feel like you were on cloud 9.

You felt like it was only you and him, that long awaited kiss making you grow numb to the world around you. So when Morgan finally came back with some food, you didn't hear a thing.

"Woah!" Morgan yelled out as he saw what was happening, Spencer let out a laugh as he realized you both had been caught. "Oh thank god hes awake, I thought you were just kissing him passionately as he laid in a drug induced sleep."

"Sir I- Why the hell would I do that?!"

Morgan shrugged his shoulders , making Spencer laugh even harder.

"I think we should let everybody know that the boy genius is awake and is laughing up a storm.."you said trying to change the subject.

"I agree, let me go call Garcia!"

As Morgan stepped out of the room once again, you started to walk towards the plater of food. Spencer watched you as you popped a french fry into your mouth, feeling grateful that he could live another day with you by his side.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.3K 685 27
• EDITED-2019• Rachel and her little sister Charlotte have finally escaped the psychotic grip of her father. They escape, but with a price. They run...
379K 6K 42
Your first year at the BAU has been everything you expected, it was something you enjoyed and were passionate about. Everything in your life remains...
3.5K 38 12
Spencer Reid is kidnapped by an unsub that knows practically everything about him. The rest of the bau team have no leads and struggle to find a sing...
337K 5.2K 28
You joined the BAU team a few months ago as a temporary replacement while one of its members, Spencer Reid, was falsely incarcerated. Little did you...