Cursed with Wings (Thranduil...

By spypuppy

[Book 1] Belle is a cursed She Elf. Betrayed by her own family, Belle runs for the hills, forced to accep... More

Prologue.
Chapter One: The Curse.
Chapter Two: The Fear Of Losing A Mother.
Chapter Three: The Change.
Chapter Four: Meeting An Elf.
Chapter Five: Blue Eyes.
Chapter Six: The Prince.
Chapter Seven: The Disappointed King.
Chapter Eight: The Arrow Of Hunger.
Chapter Nine Part 1: An Unsuspected Guest.
Chapter Nine Part 2: Meet The Healer.
Chapter Ten: Raina Meets Belle.
Chapter Eleven: The Queen.
Chapter Twelve: The Lullaby.
Chapter Thirteen: Grandma
Chapter Fourteen: Ollie.
Chapter Fifteen: The Royal Pain In The Arse.
Chapter Sixteen: The Dying Queen.
Chapter Seventeen: The Tortured Seamstress.
Chapter Eighteen: The Ball.
Chapter Nineteen: The Willow.
Chapter Twenty: Questions.
Chapter Twenty One: The Moonlight Dance.
Chapter Twenty Two: The Unconscious Angel.
Chapter Twenty Three: Mother In The In-between.
Chapter Twenty Four: The Damsel In The Queen's Garden.
Chapter Twenty Five: The Dream.
Chapter Twenty Six: The Loss Of A Great.
Chapter Twenty Seven: Saving An Innocent.
Chapter Twenty Eight: A New Hope.
Chapter Twenty Nine: The Newcomers.
Chapter Thirty: The Elixir.
Chapter Thirty One: The Battle & The Cure.
Chapter Thirty Two: The Fateful Encounter.
Chapter Thirty Three Part 1: The Announcement.
Chapter Thirty Three Part 2: Miserably In Love.
Chapter Thirty Four: A Possible Future.
Chapter Thirty Five: Be Still...
Chapter Thirty Six: The Death Bed.
Chapter Thirty Seven Part 1: The Betrayal.
Chapter Thirty Eight: The Aftermath.
Chapter Thirty Nine: The Truth.
Chapter Forty: The Poor Criminal.
Chapter Forty One: Memories.
Chapter Forty Two: The Battle.
Epilogue.

Chapter Thirty Seven Part 2: The Demon.

6.7K 276 113
By spypuppy

Belle's P.O.V

The demon turned it's massive head to him and said "Well Isaac, I lied." It laughed in its dark booming voice before signaling it's assassin.

I quickly threw one of the daggers at the archer, but it was too late.

"ISAAC!!"

I watched with wide eyes as the arrow soared through the air, just as my dagger sliced through the murder's thick skull. It was as if time had slowed down, just for me to witness this incident. Seconds after I threw the dagger, I turned as quick as possible, using the wind to knock off the arrow that was heading to his heart.

But as I did, I felt a blade to my throat. In a flash I was kicked in the side, sending me tumbling down the jagged rocks. Hearing Isaac's screams made my heart drop as I looked up to see the arrow lodge in his thigh, making him fall down.

"ISAAC!" I yelled out, my eyes on his injured figure as he tired to stop the blood. The demon slowly approached him. That got me going. Ignoring my sore body, I stood up and climbed back up the rocks as fast as I could, my eyes never leaving them.

I watched as the red eyed beast mumbled something to Isaac, causing his eyes to strain. All of a sudden, I saw the beast's huge clawed hand go for it's sword from it's belt. That was it.

I broke out into a full sprint, the white sword in my hand as I let out a battle cry. I Jumped up high and thrashed my sword down. Seeing this, the demon flashed out his sword, blocking my attack. "Oh Belle, didn't your mother tell you that it is rude to interrupt another person's conversation." It said, flashing his eyes towards Issac, who was beyond terrified.

A chuckled escaped its lips before turning it's attention back to me as he continued. "But then again, where is your mother Belle?!" My eyes immediately widened as I gasped out "How?!...-"

"Oh I know everything about you Belle Azalea. Your likes, dislikes." It whispered in my ear, making me jump and snap around.

"I know that you would wake up early each morning to practice shooting with that damn annoying bow." It said, stopping as it watched the surprised look upon my face.

A wicked smirk began to grow as it continued, saying "Although, I thought your mother's death could be a bit more dramatic. I mean, she could've at lea-" I let out a scream, slashing my sword at it with fury. My sword moving so fast, it was a complete blur. But with every blow, it dodged.

Suddenly, an elbow whacked my eye, forcing me down. I landed against the damp earth with a "ompf." My hand losing its grip on the white sword as I felt a huge hand grap my collar, lifting me off the ground.  

 A growl escaped my lips as my slightly blurry vision glared at its face. His eyes held amusement and had a wicked grin.

"I overestimated you, Belle. I thought after all that annoying training you did as a child, that you would at least you would've  shown me some skill." It said. It's spare hand clutched my neck. I narrowed my eyes as he continued "But then again, no one would teach you for you where just a bastard's elf."

It said before roughly throwing me into the air. I landed at the edge of the lake, my body was now completely drenched. Pushing myself up, I got on my hands and knees, spitting out the blood from my busted lip that turned the silver water dark red.

Next thing I saw, my blood slowly formed the shape of red petals of a rose, before drifting out further into the lake. At least when my blood is split, it forms into a small rose, not a horrifying deep red puddle.

I heard it's foots steps stomp on the rocks up to where I crouched. I felt a tip of a blade under chin, forcing me to look up. The beast's eyes pieced straight into mine as it said the words, "You are in soo much troub-"

I froze on the spot. My eyes widened as I recognized that voice, the same voice which tormented half of my life. But not only that- I knew that phrase, it was her phrase...

"Erica?!" I gasped out as her sword swipes down at me, to kill...

.........................................................................................................................

Queen's P.O.V

I let out a sigh as I walked down the gloomy hallway. Everything was so silent, so dark. It was as if someone blew out the last candle in the room. I slowly pulled on the shawl which lazily hung on my shoulders. I continue on my morning walk as I tried desperately to clear my head.

Today was the day. The day when my son's heart shatters  into a million pieces. Every mother wants whats best for their child, but I have failed that duty. The most important duty is to see my son smile in happiness.

I felt a single tear fall from my green eye as I realized where I was heading. The resting place of the last of the Anazela line. My footsteps were the only thing I heard as I came to the entrance. It was slightly windy, causing blossom petals to dance on the ground.

I let out a small sniffle as I looked over to where she lay- Wait! Where is she?! I ran to the empty stone bed. Instead of a body, in it's place was a single blue flower, a blue bell  on top of what looked like a pure white cloak.

Panic started to flow through my body as I looked everywhere out in the courtyard for any clue of who had taken her.

I took off, the shawl flying from my shoulders as I ran in my night gown down the quiet corridors. My breathing quickened as I turned the corner to face the door. I could already hear drunken mumbles come from the other side. Slowly I knocked on the door, hearing the mumbles pause before a big growl.

"I SAID LEAVE ME ALONE!" Thranduil slurred out. I sigh before knocking once more. There was a sudden smash of broken pieces of glass, followed his rant "I ORDER YOU TO LEAVE ME ALONE AT ONCE!"

Warily, I slowly turned the door nob. "Honey, I have some news." As the door opened, I was absolutely horrified. His room was a pigsty, clothing ripped and teared everywhere, an empty wine bottle littered the floor. And in the corner, I saw my poor son couching down next to the broken mirror. Shards of glass surrounded him as he cradles his bloodied fist in his hand.

I let out a short gasp, as I put a hand over my mouth. He looked broken, his eyes held nothing but deep sadness as he took another swing of alcohol before grumbling.

"Let me be mother, I don't need your pity." He sneered out the last part. His head tilted up to drink again, but I quickly snatched the bottle away. Causing him to yell out, "OUI! GIVE IT BACK! I NEED IT...I need to forget... forget everything about her" He looked straight into my eyes, his icy blues were slowly forming tears. My heart ached, all I wanted to do was to hold my son until he falls asleep. But, I knew better, I needed to do what I came here for.

I quickly grasped his chin, making his full concentration land on me. "Son I have some grave news to tell you-" Before I could continue, Thranduil said in rage "Let me guess, am I to marry that Neawilth so that I could run the kingdom!"

"No, it's n-"

"Or is it that I need to get my act together to be your "perfect" son?! Well guess what mother! I am not and will never be your perfect so-"

"BELLE'S BODY IS MISSING!" I yelled out, causing him to immediately be silent. He stared at me in disbelief for a moment before going completely emotionless, as he said the words.

"Good... I can't stand looking at her anymore."

I huffed, my face heated up in anger as I immediately stood up and whacked the side of his head. "OW, WHAT THE HELL WAS TH-"

"Never repeat those words ever again, Thranduil. Appreciate what has been given to you, than what you have lost."

I growled out before turning around and storming out his room, slamming the door in the process. "Sober up or I'll damn make sure I will make your life a living hell, Thranduil"

........................................................................................................................

Belle's P.O.V

"Erica?!" I gasped out as her sword swipes down at me, to kill. But stopped short, staring at me with wide surprised eyes before quickly letting her head back as she let out a deep roar of laughter. While Erica was distracted, I quickly looked over to my sword, laying a few meters away. Using the wind once more, the sword swiftly moved it way across the ground. But before it was less than a meter away from me, when Erica stopped laughing, making me froze.

"Oh Belle you amuse me. After all this time, you have just figured it out. How dumb are you?!" She said, her huge monstrous body began to turn deep red as she raised her black sword once again. But this time she mumbled something. The blade suddenly a light with a green flame.

My mouth parted in shock. What is she?! Before I could have time to think, Erica peered down at me. "This keeps getting better and better. First you figure out who your murder is and now you will die slowly and painfully. Hell's fire is racing through your body." She said before raising her sword once more, saying the words.

"Say hi for me in Hell, Belle"

Before flashing me a wicked smile and bringing the sword down. I felt the handle of my sword fly in my hand as I slashed Eirca's sword in front of me, defending her killing shot. This time I grinned and said,

"If you want to play with fire, I'll give you fire!" My hands were suddenly in flames as I watch Erica grit her teeth.

Before she could blink, I sent her in flying in flames. She let out a high shriek as she landed in the middle of the lake, steam coming from massive body as she glared at me in rage. I slowly stood up, the white sword gripped tightly in my hand as I pointed it at Erica.

"Why!?" I yelled, "Why are you trying to kill me, Huh?! I am your own damn sister!" I accused her as I watched Erica slowly walk towards me, snickering. "HA! You are not my sister, never were. You were just a helpless cause my father decided to take in."

"What?!"

"You heard me!" She said, raising her steaming sword from the water. "You would not remember for you were only a baby. But, I remember like it was yesterday.

I was only 4 years old and was still getting over my mother's death when there was a knock at the door. When my father opened the door, there stood your silly mother in the rain, pleading for us to help her. In her arms, rapped in blanket was you!" She said, pointing her sword at me with her eyes narrowed.

"My stupid father let you stay because he didn't want to cause a scene. But the rumours started to grow around the town. My father thought that if he pretended to marry your mother for image and a mother figure for me. He made a big mistake."

"You would cry like a howling wolf. It drove me up the wall. And your mother with her sweet kindness and her smiles made me want to gag!" She said before giving me a smirk. "Belle?! have you ever wondered why your mother was a mute? Huh?!" she said, raising an eyebrow.

"When I was about 10 years old, I would always walk past your room to find your mother singing that damn lulllaby! One day I got so angry, I grabbed one of mother's old books and put a curse on Analee. From then the house was silent, peaceful." She said with a chuckle at my now furious face. She did what to my mother!? 

"Belle, did you know that I am part witch? My father told me properly earlier that day when he killed your mother. But when I discovered you produced that power you have, running in your veins, I knew I had to have it. I cursed myself to come this power full monster, so power full that no mortal blade can kill me."

"And then I thought, huh wouldn't be a lovely idea for me to repay the debt I owe. To make you suffer." She said, standing about a meter away from me, her clothes were drenched and looked more like a mediator. Her cloak was in the lake so I could see her body. Large shoulders, toned stomach but covered in thick raven fur. She looked like a man. 

 She then pointed at my blade. "That sword is useless against me. In the end, I'll kill you, gain your incredible powers and rule over Middle Earth. Killing anyone who despises me. Will you help me with my plan Belle?! by giving me.... your head.

She suddenly lunges at me, causing me to doge to the side. She comes at me again, this time I am ready. As her sword meets with mine, I instantly whacked her sword to the left, making me come closer to her face. With one smooth blow, my elbow connected with her jaw, making her stumble back as she let out a grunt.

Within seconds she charged at me again, letting out a cry of rage. But as she was about to attack, I heard a voice from a distant memory.

"Rule one, never get distracted"

It was Thranduil's voice, when he was teaching me how to wield a sword probably. I felt my mouth turn into a small smile as I concentrated on my opponent. I swiftly flipped my sword round, making Erica have her full concentration on her sword, than me.

"You are not strong, Belle and very small. But you are fast. Use it against your opponent." I heard his voice again as I replayed the memory. I smirked, knowing exactly what to do. As Erica sword lashed down at my head, I ducked, feeling her sword connect with mine above me.

Using my foot, I whacked her legs with full strength, making her fall over. I used this as my advantage. I jumped, doing a flip above her, making her raise her sword. With a flick of my wrist, my blade cut through her arm just below her elbow. With a high pitched wail of pain come from Erica, I landed on my feet again.

"YOU BITCH!" she let out a blood curling yell, as she stood up again, her hand covered her new fresh wound. On the ground, laid her newly decapitated arm. Now one handed and a bit, Erica reached for her sword, blood dripping on the ground as she grunted in pain. I watched as she mumbled something under her breath.

I let out a gasp and my stomach turned. I watched her arm slowly start to heal and grow back. I waited no time. Charging at her with full speed, my sword angled for her heart. I was within millimeters...

When a big strong hand clasped around my neck, lifting me up in the air.

"You are going to pay for that, you bitch." Erica growled, her hand tightening around my neck, making me gasp for air in panic. Her eye glowed a brighter shade of red as she mumbled a spell.

All of a sudden, my body felt as if it was on fire. I let out a croaky scream in pain as tears flowed down my cheek. I started down at Erica as I started to see black dots in my vision, when something caught my eye.

It was Isaac, his face deadly pale as he limped forward to Erica's back. In his raised hand was the bloodied arrow that had been a lodged in his leg. Within seconds he roughly stabbed Erica's back, making the red eyed monster eyes go wide. Only for a second though. She then lashed out with her new formed hand and grabbed Issac's wrist. She let out a loud deafening chuckle, as she exclaimed.

"Do you think that a arrow can kill me, boy?!" Her hand tightening around his wrist, making him wince. I saw his dark brown eyes flicker to mine, then to my sword. I caught on his idea. My lips lifted into a small smile.

"No, but this can!" I said, making Erica's head snap towards me as I pledged the sword right through her heart. Immediately the sword began to glow. Remebering the words my mother had told me, I growled out

"Be rid of hatred and power.

Be gone the spirt of evil.

Burn the sadness.

End the cries of Innocent people, whose deaths were uncalled for.

And never return to middle earth."

I pushed the blade further in as I looked straight into her eyes and said.

"Say hi for me in hell."

Before ripping the sword straight out of her chest as she let out a horrifying scream. I felt Erica's hand release me and I dropped to the ground, coughing furiously. Suddenly the wind circled around us. Erica started to crack like pottery. As her body began to shatter, she fell to her knees, screaming her lungs out. Suddenly, light burst through the cracks. Her eyes went huge as the light grew brighter, forcing me to look away.

Within moments, the screaming stopped and in its place a huge explosion, wind pushing me back as bits of black shards flew in all directions. I let out a grunt as I felt one of the sharp pieces graze my collarbone and left shoulder.

Once the wind died down, there was complete silence. I collapsed on my knees and sighed in exhaustion as I replayed what just happen. Moving my gaze back to where Erica stood moments ago, but the only thing remaining  was her sword.

With wobbly knees, I slowly stood up and hurried over to Issac who was siting on a rock trying to stop his leg from bleeding out.

"Issac" I said, moving my hands to his leg immediately saying, "I am going to heal you, it'll only take a second, okay?" I hesitated as my hands started to glow. He grabbed my wrist, stopping. I looked up at his face in confusion. His pretty dark eyes stared into mine as he said. "No! Don't. I don't have the right to ask for your healing powers. All I ask is for your undying forgiveness" His eyes pleading.

"But I-"

"No Belle. Please, just do this for me." He begged, his hands catching mine in his, stopping me complete. "Please Blue Bell..." He whispered, his brown locks falling in front of his face. I stared at him for a moment, before sighing and nodded. "At least make me bind it to stop the bleeding?" He nodded his head, giving me a small smile as he raised my hand and kissed my bruised knuckles.

Tearing the edge of  the archer's shirt I borrowed, I began binding his leg. I heard him wince as I felt a tender hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Isaac frowning with a concerned look in his eyes as he said "Your injured Belle."

I looked to see his thumb lightly tracing a medium size cut going from my collar bone to the back of my shoulder. Luckily it wasn't too deep. "Don't worry Isaac, it's only a scratch. I will bind it soon" I promised, tiring the cloth in a tight knot. "You wait here okay?" I asked and he nodded. I gave him a small smile.

Wandering over to the river bank I saw poor Ollie, stilled tied to the rock. His head hung down low as tears slowly feel down his chin and into the water below. I sighed and quietly climbed up the rocks until I was on the rock above him. "Is it over?! he muttered to himself.

I leaned over the edge and said cheerfully, "hey there little rascal, need any help?" Ollie head suddenly looked up at me in pure happiness as he nodded his small head, the biggest smile on his face as he said" Belle! Yes Please, I'll be the good boy *Hiccup* Just get me out of here, *Hiccup* pleased" He sniffled, his adorable puppy dog eyes which were to hard to resist. Taking the spare dagger, I hacked at the tough elevn rope, warning Oliver to hold on.

When the rope eventually broke, Ollie let out a squeal as I grabbed the rope and began pulling Ollie up. Once he was close enough to reach, I grabbed his shoulder and pulled him up. I quickly embraced him, letting him sob in my arms.

As he slowly calmed down, I pulled back and untied his hands. Healing his rope burned wrist as he giggled, saying it tickles. As I was finished, I held Ollie's small hand and helped him down the rocks. Once at the bottom, I brought him to Isaac who immediately begged for his forgiveness. Being the stubborn self that he is, Ollie forgave Isaac only if he baked him as many chocolate chips cookies he wanted, making me chuckle.

I sighed and looked over to where Erica left her sword. Curious, I went to examine the dark sword more closely. There was something familiar about it. My eyes widen in recognition. This is my 'father's' sword.

Crouching down, I gently touched the blade, and when I did, I heard the voices again, making me jump and withdraw my hand. Why am I hearing these voices again? I have finished my quest, haven't I?

Dark mist drifted around the black sword. The voices slowly grew louder as the mist  thicken over the blade. It began to swirl, forming a dark hole. An image began to appear.

Erica's scream filled the air and the dark fog formed her face. Her cloudy red eyes brighten, pericing my soul. I began to panic and tried to reached for the white sword which lay a few meters away. Rushing to the sword did the first thing that came into my head.

I gripped the powerful sword tightly as Erica laughed foolishly. Raising the white sword high in the air, I gathered what was left in my body. I slashed, with all my strength, a crooked grin a upon her face. The blade cracked before shattering into pieces. The demented black sword lay there, broken.

 The mist then began to silver against the Forest floor. When the mist came to the lake's edge it began to rise high, then split. I stood there staring, speechless. I watched as the mist began to form to what looked like figures. I immediately armed myself, thinking it could be one of Erica's henchmen, when I heard a very familiar sarcastic voice.

"Sweetie put down that sword before you poke someone's eye out" My mouth opened wide in disbelief. My eyes are like saucers as I watched the scene before me. There standing in all skin and bone were two people I thought I would never see again.

"Close your mouth dear. The wind will change and your face will stay like that." 

"Raina!" But then my gaze moved to the second person. Tears streamed down my face as I choked out, "Mother." She smiled and opened her arms. Running into her arms, I hugged her with all my might, sobbing as I felt her gently stroke my hair. I heard Ollie shout out Raina's name and jump into her arms just the same.

When I pulled away, I looked up at her proud blue eyes and asked "How?" Waiting for her to reply, instead she gave me a small sad smile. That's when Raina interrupted, saying "I am sorry dear, but Analee cannot speak-"

"But Erica died, surely your curse is br-"I was interrupted by Raina.

"I am sorry dear, but it is more than a curse. Yes, I know that it may be broken but, Analee's mind is still broken. It'll take time, you just have to be patient." She said in a sad tone. I nodded and said "Well at least you are back." I smiled and hugged both of them.

Finally, I have a family, once more.

....................................................................

Thranduil P.O.V

I stayed in my dark room. My curtain's were drawn shut and it probably stunk. But I didn't care. Nothing matters anymore. I was siting by my broken mirror. My cut on my wrist had finally stopped bleeding.

All I could think about was what my mother had said to me earlier.

"Appreciate what has been given to you Thranduil, than what you have lost."

What did she mean by that? Why can't anyone not speak in riddle, it is really frustrating! I was pushed back from my thoughts by a knock at the door. "Go away mother" I muttered. There was a pause before another knock. I let out a growl, stopping my way to the door.

I yanked it open.

"I SAID G-" I stopped mid sentence as I saw who it was. Dawn, a handkerchief in her hand and she kept sniffling, her eyes were also red. She has been crying. I let out a sigh, leaning against the door frame as I asked what was the matter.

She looked up at me with her brown eyes and wept. "I couldn't wait any longer... A monster has taken my son. A beast has taken my Ollie-"

"WHAT!" I exclaimed, but all she did was cry. I looked down the hallway, to see Kirk, one of the guards stationed at the end of the corridor. "KIRK! READY 10 MEN AND MAKE THEM MEET ME OUTSIDE THE ENTRANCE OF THE CASTLE." I ordered,. The guard immediately bowed and ran off.

I looked back at Dawn and placed a hand on her shoulder and calmly said "Don't worry Dawn, we will get Oliver back." I gave her a small smile, knowing how they meant to Belle.

.....................................................................

Sorry for the very, very long wait. I had trouble writing a few scenes, that I ended up staring at the screen for god knows how long. I hope this chapter made at least some sense. Especially the fight scenes, I had no idea what I was doing half of the time. This chapter was originally 6000 words long, but we decided to split it for the next chapter :)  I am very gratefully for all you readers who have put up with my weird writing, horrible editing and very long waits for updates. (That rhymes! :)

I hope you are egar to continue reading this book. The next chapter will be updated soon :)

Thank you for all your lovely, hilarious comments and votes ;0

Until next time.

Spypuppy :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.1K 1.3K 17
Cyndaris is traveling with the company of Thorin Oakenshield. She swore that she would help him get his throne back no matter what. But she comes int...
37K 853 95
Xiao's family rebelled, and the entire family was executed. She looked at the young man who had become dumbfounded after falling to the ground and sm...
32.4K 1.6K 36
" I'm sure about this, I'll be yours for a month and a half but after that make sure to stop bullying me,"
27.5K 495 47
M/N L/N, an unfortunate young boy who under unfortunate circumstances had become a demon slayer at the age of 10. Despite M/Ns age, he excelled and b...