Daughter of the Owl(Book 2)

Autorstwa tapir07

It has been 11 years since the epilogue. Neo is now 17 and heading off to Beacon. There she is put on a team... Więcej

Neo Bio
Team PWBJ Bio
Prologue
Chapter 1 Going to Beacon
Chapter 2 Initiation
Chapter 3 The Relics
Chapter 4 First Day
Chapter 5 The Fueguchi
Chapter 6 Bullies
Chapter 7 Daddy
Chapter 8 Neo vs Giovanni
Chapter 9 The Gourmet
Chapter 10 Neo vs Tsukiyama
Chapter 11 Juuzou Suzuya
Chapter 13 Revenge

Chapter 12 Momma

335 11 0
Autorstwa tapir07

NO POV

Another day back at Anteiku. Neo was helping Hinami with reading in on of the lounge rooms. Since Hinami was a ghoul they didn't want to risk her going to school, so she was home schooled. Times when Neo was around she would help her with more difficult things. 

Hinami: What's a cloudburst?

Neo: That's a sudden rainstorm that quickly disappears. 

Hinami: I didn't know there were special names for storms. 

Neo: Yeah, people just like to make things difficult. 

???: What's going on in here?

They both saw a cheerful Ryouko enter the room. 

Hinami: Hi mom, Neo was just helping me with reading. 

Ryouko: Thanks again Neo for helping her, she always enjoys it. 

Neo: No problem, I also love to do this. 

Ryouko: Come on Hinami, if you want to go shopping we'll be leaving now. 

Hinami: Okay momma. 

Hinami got up and followed after her, right before saying by to Neo. Then it was just Neo in the room, until she saw Roman passing by and called out to him. 

Neo: Hey Uncle Roman?

He stopped and looked at her. 

Roman: Yeah kid what up?

Neo: I've been wondering...what's been going with Mr. Fueguchi?

Roman's normally grinning face fell, he entered the room and sat on the couch. 

Roman: We've have no idea where he is. All of us have been searching for days and no trace. He's no even as the clinic anymore. It's like he vanished, we're starting to consider the worst. 

Neo: He's been hunted by the doves. 

Roman: That or Aogiri got him, they have been getting more aggressive lately. Point being, there's a good chance he's been killed. 

Neo: Do they know about it?

Roman: Ryouko knows, but not Hinami. She still has hope that he's still out there, but things are looking slim. 

Neo: I'm going out for a walk. 

Roman: Don't do anything reckless. 

Neo didn't listen to him and left the room. 

Neo(thought): Poor Hinami, what if he really is gone. Or worse, what if the CCG got him. 

(timeskip)

Ryouko and Hinami just walked out of a book store as it started to rain. Ryouko then pulled out an umbrella. 

Ryouko: Well it's a good thing I brought this?

Hinami: Did you know that this kind of storm has a special name, it's cloudburst. 

Ryouko: Really, I had no idea. 

The two began walking, unknowing that two men in suits were following them. 

Hinami: A cloud burst is a sudden storm that appears and then quickly goes away. 

Ryouko: I bet that even your father doesn't know that. 

Hinami: Really, then does that I mean I'm smarter that him. 

Ryouko giggled. 

Ryouko: You just might be. 

The two continued to walk merrily, that's when Hinami picked up on something. A scent, more specifically the scent of her dad. This made her perk up. 

Hinami: Momma, do you smell that?

Ryouko: Smell what dear?

Hinami: That scent, it's daddy's!

Ryouko's eyes widened. 

Ryouko: Are you sure Hinami?

Hinami nodded her head quickly. 

Hinami: I'm sure of it, let's go see him!

Hinami took off and Ryouko chased after her. 

Hinami: Come on momma, daddy has finally come back!

Ryouko: Hinami you get back her right now!

The little girl didn't stop and kept on going as her mother chased after her. Ryouko continued to try and get her to stop but she didn't listen. All she wanted to do was see her father again after so long. Hinami finally came to a stop once she entered an alley. What she saw made her freeze. Soon Ryouko entered the alley and froze too. Standing there were two men in grey trench coats, Cardin Winchester and Kurou Mado. 

Hinami: Momma, why do those men have daddy's scent?

Ryouko grabbed Hinami and started to back away, however the two men in suits entered as well. And they had guns with them. 

Mado: I just love the rain, although I'm glad it's not raining to hard. The rain dulls a ghoul's senses, so then you wouldn't have been able to find us. 

Hinami became terrified, Ryouko knew what she had to do. Her kagune emerged, a koukaku that resembled large pale petals. 

The four petals lunged at the two doves in front of them, both jumped back. She brought them back and wrapped them around her and Hinami. Ryouko caressed Hinami's face and gave her a warm loving smile. 

Ryouko: Run dear, run fast. Head back to the shop, I'll be back. 

One of the petals swung backwards, knocking the other two guys down. 

Ryouko: Go now Hinami!

Hinami took off running pass the two fallen men. Now it was just Ryouko and the doves. Cardin brought out his quinque but Mado held out his hand in front of him. 

Mado: You can sit this one out Cardin, I have a special surprise for her.

He had another one of his sadistic smiles as he brought out his quinque.

Neo POV

I always did despised the rain,  every time I'm in it I always feel sick. I don't know why I decided to take a walk around the city during the rain, maybe I needed to clear my head. I couldn't stop thinking about how Ryouko and Hinami must feel about this. 

I kept walking, paying no attention to where I was going. Then something slammed into me, knocking me onto the ground. There was Hinami, wet and crying. 

Me: Hinami, what's...

She wrapped her arms around me as she kept sobbing. 

Hinami: It's momma, she's in trouble. 

Me: What do you mean?

She grabs my hand and we start running. We eventually come to an alley where we see Ryouko on the ground, surrounded by doves. I quickly pulled Hinami back and hide behind the wall. I knew who those men were, the one with the brown hair was named Cardin Winchester. But the other one was named Kuro Mado, and I knew him well. That psycho took pleasure in killing ghouls. 

Mado: Isn't that sweet, you're giving up your life to protect your precious daughter. How sickening, I hate it when you ghouls mimic humans. 

He then lied his quinque on the ground. 

Mado: Now then, let's get the show going. 

He then opened it. Both mine and Ryouko's eyes widened at what we saw. I saw Mado grinning at her face. 

Ryouko: M-My husband. 

Mado: Bingo. 

The very quinque Mado wielded was made from Asaki Fueguchi. Mado couldn't help but to laugh at Ryouko's broken face. 

Mado: Now that's the expression I wanted to see. One of terror and disbelief, oh how it brings me joy when I see this on a ghoul's face!

I was feeling the same thing Ryouko was feeling. I could jump out and save Ryouko, but then I would be wanted for aiding a ghoul. Plus, I couldn't even move right now. Dammit, why did I have to be such a coward. In the end, all I did was cover Hinami's eyes and mouth. Trying my best to shield her from the slaughter that was about to happen. 

Mado: Quite pitiful that a ghoul as weak as your husband possessed such a unique kagune. But it'll be put to good use now. So Mrs. Fueguchi, any last words?

Ryouko said nothing. 

Mado: So got nothing to say?

Ryouko then looked up, her eyes closed as tears leaked out and she had a smile on her face. 

Mado: TIMES UP!

He swung his quinque and Ryouko's head came flying off. Neo couldn't speak, barely breath at what she just saw. Meanwhile Hinami kept trying to call out to her mom.

NO POV

Night time back at the shop, Hinami was now sleeping as everyone else sat in the lounge. All were shocked and saddened at the news of Ryouko's death. 

Sapphire: I can't believe it, Ryouko's dead, poor Hinami. 

Aaron: Those damn bastards!

Jade: We can't just sit here, let's go after them!

Tock: You idiots do that and you'll be as good as dead. We were lucky enough to be pardoned for our crimes in the past. Do this and not even the fact we saved the world will protect us. 

Yin: Tock is right, we do this and we might expose that Hinami is with us. We'll all be arrested for this. 

???: So we just do nothing?

Neo had now entered the room. 

Neo: Dad, they'll be looking for Hinami now. What do we suppose we do then?

Yin: We'll keep here hidden here until things die down. 

Roman: He's right, they'll be in guard in case any others come after them. 

Yin: Besides, this is the world we live in. All around there are laws stating that ghouls must be hunted down. We can do our best to protect the good ones in the shadows but we can't stop the CCG from doing there jobs. 

Neo:  So we're powerless here?

Sapphire: Sorry Neo, but ghouls are seen as nothing more than grimm. We try to protect them and we'll all be criminals again. 

Neo: What about Hinami, you suppose we just keep here locked up here?

Aaron: You forget we all used to be notorious criminals. Yet we managed to hide out in a coffee shop just like this. Then again we get found out after a while, and forced into battle where we all nearly died and...

Jade: It's not like their looking for the most dangerous criminals in Remnant all hiding in Vale. It's just one little girl. She'll be safe here. 

Neo let out a sigh. 

Neo: I'm going to bed.

Neo left the lounge and started heading towards her room. 

Neo(thought): Sorry everyone, but I'm not letting this slide. 

There we go Chapter 12 is now complete. I hoped you all enjoyed it. See ya next time!

Next Chapter: Night Assault

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

8.2K 269 27
After being released from the hospital Alex returns to Beacon to be with her friends and teammates. After she returns she begins to learn more about...
3K 55 35
After Ruby rose and her team fall into the void after their last stand in atlas, team rwby + jaune end up in a new world plagued by the undead. Now t...
1.8K 28 9
The great world-renowned fighter, Pyrrha Nikos, begins her studies at Beacon Academy in order to continue her journey of becoming a huntress. At the...
3.3K 75 48
This is the story of RWBY from a entirely new perspective. Silver joins Beacon Academy but slowly learns there is much more than meets the eye. Right...