Call Me Noona

بواسطة MinbebeWrites

A fluffy, sexy, fantasy starring Lee Minhyuk and OT7 Monsta X. Sunny Andrews is a 50-something divorcee from... المزيد

Intro (Updated - Again)
Chapter 1 - Arrival (Edited)
Chapter 2 - Anticipation (Edited)
Chapter 3 - Fanmeeting (Edited)
Chapter 4 - Playtime with Monsta X (Edited)
Chapter 5 - Coffee, Tea, or Me? (Edited)
Chapter 6 - Halmeoni (Edited)
Chapter 7 - Settling In (Edited)
Content Warning
Chapter 8 - Pool Party (Mature)
Note to Readers
Chapter 9 - What Just Happened?
Chapter 10 - Next Time (Mature - NSFW)
Chapter 11 - Confession
Chapter 12 - Last Day (Mature - NSFW)
Chapter 13 - Where Do We Go From Here? (Mature)
Chapter 14 - Back to Reality
Chapter 15 - Unexpected Visitor
Chapter 16 - Reunion (Mature)
Chapter 17 - Her Previous Life (MATURE)
Chapter 18 - Exposed
Update - Real World
Chapter 19 - Surprise
Chapter 20 - Encounter
Chapter 21 - Comeback
Chapter 22 - Sasaeng (Mature)
Chapter 23 - Decisions, Decisions
Chapter 24 - My New Life (Mature)
Chapter 25 - Party Time (Mature)
Chapter 26 - Hiatus (Yep, this one is mature too)
Chapter 27 - Meet The Parents (Mature)
Chapter 28 - Whirlwind
Chapter 29 - My Love (Mature)
Chapter 30 - Adjustments
Chapter 31 - Mentally dating Lee Minhyuk (Mature)
Chapter 32 - Blended Family
Chapter 33 - I Do... Again (Mature)
Chapter 34 - Honeymoon Part 1 (Mature)
Chapter 35 - Honeymoon, Part 2 (Mature)
Chapter 36 - Charity Gala (Mature)
Chapter 37 - Kihyun's Big Plan
Chapter 39 - Be My Friend
Chapter 40 - One Night In Seoul (Mature)
Chapter 41 - Never Enough Time (Mature)
Chapter 42 - Miss You (Mature)
Chapter 43 - Send Off
Chapter 44 - Misbehave (Mature)
Chapter 45 - Girl Date
Chapter 46 - Southern Nights
Chapter 47 - Reunited (Mature)
Just a Note
Chapter 48 - Competition
Not Really A Chapter - Just Some Author's Thoughts
Chapter 49 - Party Time (Mature)
Chapter 50 - Adventures In Atlanta (Mature)
Chapter 51 - End of an Era (Mature)
Chapter 52 - Premier (Mature)
Chapter 53 - In Sickness And In Health (Mature)
Chapter 54 -
Chapter 55 - Crash and Burn (Tissue Warning)
Not a Chapter, But Please Read Me Anyway
Chapter 56 - Cake (Mature)
Chapter 57 - Surprise! (Mature)
Chapter 58 - Interview
Chapter 59 - Confrontation (Mature!!)
Chapter 60 - Miracle
Chapter 61 - Moving Day
Chapter 62 - Soulmates (Mature)
Chapter 63 - The New Era Begins (Mature)
Chapter 64 - Reveal
Chapter 65 - 1st Anniversary (Mature)
UPDATE
Another Update (A good one!)
Chapter 66 - Remy
Chapter 67 - Libido (Mature) - Slight edit
Chapter 68 - Nikki's Arrival
Chapter 69 - So Close... (Mature)
Chapter 70 - Meet JangMi
Epilogue
Addendum - NEW STORY ALERT

Chapter 38 - Melody

36 8 12
بواسطة MinbebeWrites

The next week, Melody arrived along with a flurry of media activity. The company sent a driver to pick her up from the airport and bring her to the building for whatever official business they had to handle with her about the OST release. Minhyuk was excited to meet her. He loved her music and her voice. He hadn't watched her movies and didn't follow her on social media, so he did not know that much about her personal life.

As he predicted, the company had arranged a neutral location for their meeting. Since she had requested a tour of Honey's studio and the company was willing to give her pretty much anything she wanted, they set that up as well. And until the end of the tour, the were still obligated to comply.

He told me about it that night while we ate dinner, which was a rare occurrence lately. He said how nice she was and how she had complimented his singing. She loved the song and knew it was going to be a hit both here and in the US. He wasn't starstruck, but he was flattered at her praises. His confidence in his talent and skill had grown dramatically in the past few years and it showed in his singing and performances. A few years ago, he would have handled this much differently, I think. Now, he accepted it and moved on.

He said that she would be coming to the dorm the next day. Their schedule was a bit tight, so finding time for her was difficult, but the company made them do it anyway. He asked if I would mind entertaining her here if they were late getting back, which he suspected would be the case. I jumped at the opportunity and he smiled at me. He knew that I missed my friends and having another female around would be fun.

I made chocolate chip cookies the next morning after he left and I got myself ready, hoping they would make her feel at home. Security called up that she had arrived. She was right on time... 1:30. I had a pot and cups ready for tea. I heated water and filled the pot while she was riding up on the elevator. I met her at the door, and we introduced ourselves. I stepped to the side and motioned for her to come in. I pointed out the area for her shoes and gave her a pair of guest slippers. She raised her head and sniffed the air, "is that cookies I smell?"

I giggled, "yes! I made chocolate chip cookies earlier. Would you like some?"

"Oh, I would love some! I shouldn't, but my manager isn't here to stop me," she laughed.

I motioned for her to follow me inside. I brought a tray with the tea and cookies and sat it on the coffee table. I sat down and poured the tea. We chatted for a few minutes as we munched on our treats. I had thought about taking her outside on the patio, but it was already getting hot.

Melody was average height with voluptuous curves and her trendy outfit accentuated them well. Her gorgeous auburn hair fell down her back in soft waves. Her large eyes were a deep green and her lips were full and red. Her features were striking on their own, but her voice was angelic. I felt a bit intimidated sitting near her. Those looks had been the downfall of at least 2 of her costars. She ended up in relationships with them while they were still married. She always broke up with them after they got divorced though. I really did not want to talk about that, so I just answered her questions instead of asking my own.

"So, it was basically love at first sight then? Then you guys were brought together by the universe. And now you are married." I nodded my head. "It sounds like a romance novel," she chuckled as she wrapped perfectly manicured fingers around her cup.

"Yeah, I suppose it does. It really feels like it sometimes. It doesn't feel real, but at the same time it is the most real thing I have ever known. I can't imagine being without him. He was a huge part of my life before I ever even met him, which sounds so cheesy, I know, but he really was the bright light in my darkness." I smiled and stopped myself. I wasn't ready to share too much. I took a sip of my tea and redirected the topic, "I am happy to give any guidance or answer any questions about dating a Korean, if it would help your character." I smiled at the actress.

"I appreciate that. I think getting the perspective of someone who has experienced something my character is going through is helpful. The script can only take me so far." She took a sip of her tea and ate another bite of her cookie. "Sunny, they told me that you are quite a bit older than Minhyuk. You don't look it. You are actually quite beautiful."

"Oh well... thank you! Were you expecting a shriveled old lady?" Her compliment took me off guard and I giggled. I took a sip of my tea to cover my awkwardness.

"I wasn't sure what to expect, honestly. I mean he is so handsome that I would expect him to be with an attractive person, but the age difference threw me off." She smiled as she took a bite of cookie.

"It isn't that common, I suppose. In many ways it is frowned upon here. We have been lucky that people have been so accepting of our relationship. It was a bit rough in the beginning when he first announced it. The fans were split. Most supported us, but there were those who did the opposite. I guess any celebrity has this problem when they date or get married, but in Korea it seems to be worse because of the way the fans perceive their idols."

"You seem to act younger too. Maybe that is part of it. Not that you aren't mature, but your personality is young. Wow, that sounded awkward... I am sorry. Sometimes my words sound better in my head. That is why I have a publicist!"

I laughed, "I get what you are saying. And I agree. I believe that age is just a number. In my heart I am still 20-something. Minhyuk and the guys make me feel younger too. They have this incredible energy and it is contagious."

"Yeah, I felt that from him yesterday when we met. The other members are that way too?"

"When they are together? Most definitely. Minhyuk is the most intense though. They are the sweetest, most humble men you will ever meet. And they are all devastatingly handsome. Every. Single. One. So be prepared."

"I admit that I was only vaguely familiar with them until this song. I have since started listening to their music and really enjoy it, especially the English albums. It is a bit hard on my ears to listen to the Korean ones. It sounds like a bunch of curse words to me."

"It does take some adjustment at first. I did not know any of the language or customs when I started listening. But music is a universal language. You don't have to understand the words to feel the emotion behind them."

"That is a really beautiful sentiment. I like that."

My phone dinged and I read the text.

Sorry we are late
We ran over a bit
Almost there

Melody is here

We are having cookies and tea
Yes, I made enough for everyone 😊
Be careful

I love you ❤💕💋

I love you too ❤💕💋

"They will be here any time. They ran a bit later than they thought."

"Oh good. Minhyuk mentioned that they had a tight schedule the next few days. I appreciate them making time for me." Her eyes darted from mine to one of the photographs on the wall behind me. I noticed she had been glancing around at the artwork on the walls as we talked.

"Would you like to look around?"

"Oh yes, I would that. I have been admiring these gorgeous prints. Who are they?"

"They are me... er, mine. I took them. And the paintings are Minhyuk's." She looked shocked.

"Wow, they are incredible. Are you a professional?"

"Somewhat. I manage a gallery here in Seoul and I sell my pieces there and in the sister gallery in Atlanta. I have also done work for some Atlanta-based magazines."

"You are very talented. I had no idea. I guess I thought you were a housewife. My apologies."

"No need for apologies. And thank you very much."

"These paintings are beautiful too. But this is the prize, isn't it?" she gestured to our wedding portrait which had finally arrived. I beamed at her comment.

"Yes, it most definitely is. This is one that Kihyun took. It is so much more intimate than any of the others."

"You make a gorgeous couple. I can see how much you love each other."

"Thank you." I pointed to a smaller photo on the mantle, "This is one of my favorite selcas... um, selfie, of us. We took it in Itaewon on a date night." I smiled at the memory.

"Itaewon? What is that?" I explained about the area and she got excited.

I could take you while you are here... if you have time. I would love a burger." I said enthusiastically and she accepted.

Just then the door chime sounded and in walked my gorgeous husband and his brothers. They bowed and apologized profusely for being late. Melody was taken aback at their action. They introduced themselves to her.

"It is ok guys, really. I have enjoyed Sunny's company and delicious cookies."

Shownu's head popped up, "cookies? Noona, you made cookies?"

"Yes, there's plenty for everyone." The six made their way to the kitchen and started eating the cookies, but Minhyuk stayed with us.

"Melody-shi, we will head up to Joohoney's studio in a moment. As soon as they finish stuffing their faces." He looked over in their direction.

"Hyung, you should come have one. They are delicious!" Joohoney exclaimed. Minhyuk went to join them.

"Oh, these are delicious! Why haven't you made them for me?" He pouted.

"You are hardly here to eat them. But I will make you some." I laughed and he grinned shyly.

I looked at Melody and her mouth hung slightly open as she took in the sight before her. I laughed to myself, knowing that feeling all too well. They finished up and took her upstairs to Honey's studio. I was planning to stay back and let them work, but Minhyuk took my hand and told me to come along, too. Thankfully, the elevator was big enough to hold us all with a little breathing room. Min stood behind me with his arms around me and the guys tried to keep a polite distance from Melody. A quick ride down and we stepped off the elevator. As soon as we stepped into the dorm, Kihyun started making excuses for the "mess", when in fact it was very clean and organized. Just like a typical mom.

Honey and Changkyun led Melody to the studio and took her inside. There wasn't room for us all. While we waited outside, I asked Min why she wanted to see the studio. He said he did not know, but the company was eager to accommodate her wishes. I snorted and the others looked at me.

"I am pretty sure I know why." They all looked confused. "Really? Have you guys seen yourselves?" I gestured to them. "You are gorgeous and incredibly talented. You are one of the most popular groups in Korea and are globally recognized." I shrugged as if that was enough to explain my point. They still did not get it. "She wanted to come here. She wanted to see you guys up close and personal. I can't fault her for that. But she could have been less sneaky about it."

"Do you really think so, noona?" Wonho asked innocently.

"I really do. She sure didn't come to hang out with me and eat cookies." I raised an eyebrow.

"She could have just asked. We would have been happy to meet with her."

"In America, celebrities are not as accommodating as you guys. She probably thought she had to be underhanded about it. But the question is, which member caught her attention or was it all of you?" I paused as I thought for a moment, thinking maybe I was being too harsh. "I don't know. Maybe I am being too cynical. Maybe she did want to see the place where that beautiful piece of music was created." Minhyuk squeezed my hand and smiled at me. We heard them coming down the hall and all eyes turned to her.

"...And that is how your song was made," Joohoney finished.

"Wow, thank you for giving me such a personal view of the process. I am usually oblivious to anything besides recording my part. It is really interesting to see how the creative side happens." There was an awkward silence as no one was quite sure what to do next.

"You guys had better get moving. You are going to be late for your interview," I said to fill the silence.

"Oh! You are right! Come on guys, let's go," Shownu directed them all to gather their things. Minhyuk gave me a kiss and said he would be home as early as he could, but I probably shouldn't wait up. They had practice after the interview. They all said goodbye and bowed politely to Melody. She wasn't sure how to react and tipped slightly forward in response.

"Thank you again for today. Minhyuk, I am sure we will be talking again before the song is released."

"May we walk you to your car?" Wonho asked.

"Oh sure, let me call my driver." She fumbled for her phone and made the call. They escorted her to the elevator. I followed, but I was going up instead of down. Min ran back and gave me another kiss before he left.

"See you when you get home, jagi," I said as I let him go again.

Internally, I sighed. This was the way things would be for a long time. This man would be busy forever it seemed. He thrived on it though. It fed him and fueled his energy. I wasn't bitter. I had accepted my fate. He would adjust his priorities when the time came to start our family. I had faith in that. He was laying the groundwork for our future. All the popularity, the fame, the demanding schedules, they would all fade in time. He had to take advantage of it while they had the momentum. And now that they were becoming masters of their own fate, he would be much more in control of his time. At least I hoped that would be the case.

As I waited for the elevator to return, I thought about the implications of this OST collab. The movie would be released in both Korea and the US. The song was highly anticipated, from what I had read. Min sang his parts in Korean and Melody's were in English. They harmonized on the chorus in English. It was a beautiful song and Min's talents were on display for sure. I was so proud of him.

They had released three English albums now and each one had been a hit. Their international fanbase had exceeded their Korean one long ago and the agency had finally accepted this. I think that is why they were so eager for this collab. They were all about the bottom line and Monsta X was a cash cow. The company had its own best interests in mind, not the well-being of their artists. I was so relieved that they were out from under that now. It made it a little easier to deal with him being gone for three months.

They were going to spend more time promoting in the US during this tour, so there would be more than a day or 2 between some stops. After the near fiasco of their first English album promotions, they almost did not do another one. The company they had managing their US promotions was awful. They had issue after issue, so they were finally able to change agencies and their new one was handling things very well.

The elevator dinged and snapped me out of my thoughts. I stepped in and pushed the button for the top floor and punched in my code. The late afternoon sun was on the patio and I went outside to soak in the warmth, grabbing a cookie and my book on the way. 

~~~~

So do you guys think Melody will be friend or foe? I planned her to be one way, but she decided she was going to be the other. Let me know in the comments! 

Thank you for reading! Please vote if you like the story! And if you really really like it, vote and follow! 🥰

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

31.4K 1.2K 30
You've made your ideal type on a weird website for a joke and the next day he's at your front door in a box with a note saying 'no returns'. Disclaim...
4.9K 277 32
{The code and The connect AU} The choices people make reflect their future. Sometimes they take the wrong decisions and end up losing everything. A p...
29.2K 1.5K 30
ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰᴏʀ ꜱᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ʀɪᴠᴀʟ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ "My psychiatrist said that I'm improving" he says We are seated on a couch at my house, wa...
15.1K 1K 32
It's been a few months now that I, Ha Neul, became a trainee at Starship Entertainment. Accordingly, a new chapter of my life began and I'll get the...