|| Tera Ban Jaunga ||

By cxmwriter

Roshni Patel, a strong headed, powerful woman who gives all her attention only to her work, nothing else. She... More

Authors Note
Prologue
1. New Beginnings
2. First Impressions
3. The Merge
5. Raindrops
6. Betrayal?
7. Confrontation

4. Party Night

87 6 4
By cxmwriter

An extra update this week, since I wanted to post something for Valentine's anyway

*

"That's enough, both of you! We're here for one of the most important deals and you two are behaving like this? Grow up seriously", DD scolded furiously.

"I can't believe this is the future of our companies", Simran put out in disbelief.

Roshni scowled at Siddharth who rolled his eyes in unison.

"Why are you looking at me like that? It was your fault", he bursted out.

"My fault? You're the one who didn't stop when I told you to"

"Why should I listen to you? You're not my mom"

"Actually I feel sorry for your mom. She had to raise you"

Siddharth clenched his teeth, 'what did I ever do to have to deal with this', he wondered.

"Here we go again", Simran and DD groaned at each other.

They shoved the contract into SidNi's hands pressuring them to sign it and get it over with.

"Now listen carefully both of you, in the evening, we're going to officially announce the merge. The party will be at the Khurana's at 8, and the media will also be there. I want you to be on your best behaviour. I don't care, if you have to pretend, you two are partners now. Behave like it. Okay?", DD ordered.

Siddharth and Roshni nodded at her. She was not looking forward to spending an entire evening with him, and posing to be friends.

"Don't just nod. Promise me you'll behave!", DD urged Roshni.

"Fine", she clenched her teeth.

"And you Siddharth?", Simran demanded

"Yeah yeah. Why are you talking to us like we're 5 year olds who is going to some relative's house"

"Because you two behave like one", their mothers cheekily answered.

And with that Simran and Siddharth left to prepare everything for the party. It seemed like the best idea to have it there, since the Khurana's were better known by everyone. Therefore increasing the number of people showing.

Khurana's Residence

Roshni set her foot down the lavish car, eyeing the mansion in front of her. There were dimmed golden lights surrounding the entrance, welcoming guests in.

The media was already there, capturing her beautiful figure. It was safe to say, she looked gorgeous, in her maroon sequin dress that sparkled her whole self.

It reached just above her knees, with a slit down her thighs revealing her toned flawless legs. Her wavy, black shiny hair reached her shoulders. She came to a halt, as she curved her magenta lined lips, and smiled at the cameras that surrounded her.

It was crucially important to maintain her image, but she couldn't say she didn't enjoy it.

She stranded her 5 heels, in style. Everyone's eyes remained glued to her, including the women who whispered compliments about her.

On her neck, she wore one of her famous jewellery line, a silver necklace that matched the sparkles on her dress. Many men came up to her, offering to escort her inside the party.

She glared at them, indicating she needed no one. She was her own person, she could well handle it. And right in that moment, she realised how powerful it felt, to be seen as a proper businesswoman.

She yearned to be seen separately from her mom, making her own identity and it seemed like it was happening. Since SidNi would be the future partners, their moms thought it be best if they left them handle it alone.

Before she could make her way inside, she was met by, a tall figure holding out his arm.

He wore a stylish black suit, with one button joined in the middle, complimented by a white crispy shirt inside, outlining his whole body. His sleeves were rolled up halfway, and all you could see was his fancy watch and his bulging veins.

"May I?", he held out his arms signalling her to take it.

"Nope. Not happening"

"We made a promise to be civil to each other to our mothers remember".

"That didn't include holding hands, did it?"

"Okay then. Let's both walk in separately like strangers. That would certainly make a great image in the media wouldn't it?"

Roshni noted the sarcasm and realised he had a point. 'The party was about them', she thought. They might aswell, walk in together.

She clutched on to his arms, shifting slightly closer, where she inhaled his heavenly after shave. 'at least he had style', she was impressed. He smiled at the cameras that followed them.

They marched in together, arm in arm, all the influencial men and women staring at them intently.

She knew there would definitely be rumours of them being together the next day. That's what it looked like after all.

But she didn't care, when you're so influencial, you have to get used to such rumours and gossip relating to you.

Siddharth grabbed one of the mics, bringing the room to silence as they waited for the announcement.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, May I have your attention?"

"As most of you may know, the Khurana's don't host many parties, other than charity events and birthdays, well that too rarely.. So you're probably wondering why we're all here today"

Everyone murmured a yes, maybe an engagement party, one of them thought.

As he announced the official merge, some gasped in shock, and some rolled their eyes having already seen it coming.

Everyone knew the Khurana's were a one off company, never did they ask for help nor agree to any incorporation. Which is why, Siddharth was also astonished when his mom told him about the merge.

"How are you so sure this partnership is going to work? Did you two know each other before this?", one of the reporters managed to question.

"Yes. We did, our moms are friends and as are we", this earned him a scowled look from Roshni. No they weren't friends, not even in the slightest.

He circled his fingers gently around Roshni's waist creating an immediate tingle on her skin.

"What are you doing?", she whispered heavily.

"Posing for the cameras", he pointed towards them without looking at her.

"Oh", Roshni nodded.

She put on a face for the photos, by tomorrow morning those same photos would be published making their merge official.

They pretended to laugh at the reporter's jokes and answered their questions as best as they could. His hands still laid on her waistline delicately, and her head hit near his chest. The last time she stood this close to someone, was months ago.

They appeared to be a power couple, but of course this wasn't their intention.

After 15 mins of taking photos and answering people's questions, they set out to enjoy on their own.

Roshni made her way to the bar, sipping on a glass of champagne praying this might would be over soon.

Soft music started playing in the background. She was bored, and she just wished she had her laptop to work on.

She stared at Siddharth who was laughing and messing around with a few other guys. As always, he was high spirited and untroubled.

She couldn't help but reminisce when she was like that. Dancing, talking to everyone else, non stop, she was considered the life of the parties.

Is that why he annoyed her? Because everytime she spoke to him, he reminded her of a better time. She couldn't have that now, she had already changed. And going back to the person you used to be, is impossible.

Suddenly their brownish eyes met and they just gazed at each other for the longest time possible. It was as if, he was trying to study the emotions in her eyes.

He stopped laughing with his friends and just gave Roshni a tight smile to which she turned her back and looked back down taking another drink.

She could never maintain eye contact with him, he made her scared, scared for unknown reasons.

She heard light footsteps behind her, and she just knew it was him.

"I'm not in the mood for your stupid jokes Siddharth", she creased her mouth.

Siddharth sighed, "Were you always this serious? Or did you fall on your head somewhere that made you like this"

"Ha.Ha. So funny.", she rolled her eyes.

"I'm serious, you never smile, you never laugh....".

Roshni raised her finger at him, "Are you kidding? I smiled earlier"

He scoffed, "At the media? You think I don't know the difference between a real smile and a fake smile?"

She chugged down all of her drink before replying angrily, "Why do you care? You've only known me for two days"

He paused for a minute before saying, "You're right, I don't know, why I care..."

He ordered himself a drink before sitting down beside Roshni in silence.

As soon as the bitter drink touched his throat, he hissed at how strong it was.

Roshni smirked, "Never knew the Siddharth Khurana couldn't even drink properly"

"I don't drink that much. It's not a big deal", he casually shrugged.

"Hmm", she looked on in a weird manner

"Does that shock you?"

"Yeah, I mean, you have quite the reputation. You like to party, you're a playboy, etc etc. Plus you have a bar in your house, that obviously means you drink".

He nervously bit his lip, "You shouldn't believe everything the media says. And as far as the bar thing goes, it was my dad's"

Roshni closed her eyes in despair, she knew she had just hit a nerve. When Raj Khurana passed away two years back, it had been all over the news. "Sorry I didn't know..."

"It's fine. I get that a lot anyway"

Roshni observed how lightly he took her words, it surprised her. "How do you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Take everything so casually, you talk like nothing matters to you, like you're the only person in the world"

He put his glass down on the counter, and pierced his eyes into her. "You'd know how to do that too, if you learnt to let go"

'Let go', that's the second time he had said something like that to her. It made her uncomfortable.

"You don't know me Siddharth", she pressed her lips in a thin line.

"I don't. But it doesn't take a genius to figure out, when someone is pretending to be someone else. You say something and your eyes say something else", he deepened his voice as his words went on.

She breathed heavily, gulping down the second drink hoping it would somehow numb how uncomfortable she felt.

"I need to go", she abruptly rose to her feet.

"Come, I'll drop you home", he fixed his suit on himself.

"I can go home on my own Siddharth.", she needed to be away from him because whether she liked it or not, his words turned something on inside her.

Something she thought she had managed to numb months ago. Pain.

Just as she was about to walk away, he grabbed ahold of her hands, "I know you can. But it's late and it doesn't feel right to let you go home alone at this time"

"Fine. Let's go"

That was a more chilled, but deep conversation between them...Siddharth seems to have unlocked another layer to Roshni's personality, the vulnerable side..He offered to drop her home, being the gentleman he is, but are they going to fight again

Happy Valentine's Day!! To the people in relationships and to the people who are single, because loving yourself in itself is beautiful ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

396K 24.3K 60
Arranged Marriage Story between a politician's daughter and a man who marries her for revenge. Sakshi Rane was spoiled and she got whatever she want...
706 33 13
A rude business man get married with a bubbly 19 years old girl forcefully...her hate turned into love...but she get to know about his past... Read t...
496K 19.1K 57
(Not a fanfiction) Siddharth Singh Rathore, an arrogant billionaire. Ishika Maheswari, an innocent soul. Two opposites arranged together. Their marr...
13.9K 468 37
Pari, holds secrets that makes her who she is, a person scared of love but will she overcome her past when she meets Siddharth, a high on life actor.