HIRAETH || CAROLINE FORBES

By adelinedownes

in which violet pearson, the siphoner hybrid with a mysterious past, falls completely and utterly in love wit... More

REWRITING
act one
playlist
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
act two
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
act three
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
a/n

FOURTEEN

4.2K 162 93
By adelinedownes

Violet wakes up in the morning, one arm wrapped protectively around Caroline and the other resting on Caroline's hair. Caroline's head is tucked into Violet's chest, both arms clinging to Violet like she would disappear if she let go.

Violet gently places a kiss to Caroline's forehead, then untangles herself and stands up. Caroline stirs and mumbles a 'don't go' before rolling over and falling back to sleep.

Violet takes a piece of paper and a pen, quickly writing 'had to go take care of some business with the salvatores xoxo'

Without a sound, she leaves, driving in silence to her home and getting ready before heading to the Salvatore house.

Damon and Stefan are standing outside when she gets there, which confuses her for a second but then she remembers they are putting the house in Elena's name. The two smile at her in greeting, before turning back to their conversation.

"Do you think he killed her?

"Killed who?" Violet asks as she walks up to the brothers

"Katherine? Probably." Stefan says

"It's not like she didn't have it coming." Damon shrugs

"Hey that's my sister we're talking about. Klaus better not kill her. We made a deal." Violet frowns, leaning her head against Stefan's arm.

Elena opens the door and the lawyer walks out. "Thank you, Mr. Henry." She smiles, walking inside. The three vampires attempt to follow her but an invisible force keeps them out.

"I'm sorry. I completely forgot." Elena says and looks to Stefan and Violet, "Stefan. Violet. Would you like to come inside my house?"

"I would love to. Thank you." He says with a flirty smile

"Thank you." Violet nods, walking in with Stefan.

"What are we, twelve?"

"One of us is. If I let you in, do you promise to obey the owner of this house?" Elena asks

"No." Damon says

"Seriously, Damon. My way. You promised. I call the shots. No lies, no secret agendas. Remember?"

"Yes, Elena. Sure."

"Then please, come in."

Violet turns back around again, exiting the house.

"Where are you going?" Stefan asks

"I just came for the invite. Sorry loves, I got to go. Call me if you see Klaus, because I'm one of the only people that he won't kill on sight. I'll see you guys later for the dance."

"Bye, don't come back!" Damon calls behind her

"Fuck you too!" Violet retorts

"You know you want to." Violet can practically hear Damon's smirk.

"I think we've been over this Damon, I'm gay. Would you like me to spell it out? Okay G-A-Y. Gay." She smiles, and in an instant she vamp-sped out of sight.

*

ELENA GILBERT
Klaus is going to be at the dance tonight

VIOLET PEARSON
oh wonderful
how exciting

Violet puts her phone down, sitting still for a moment as she processes the new information. She already knew that she would see Klaus, but she didn't expect it to be so soon. She's not sure what she feels about seeing him again. Klaus murdered her entire family and made her sister run for 500 years. But on the other hand- when you stay with someone for so long, eventually you learn to like them. Violet is still terrified of Klaus, there is no doubt about that, but she doesn't completely hate him either.

She exhales in deep thought, before standing up and deciding that sitting around won't help her. So, she grabs her dress and drives to the Salvatore house.

When she gets there, Elena, Damon, Stefan and Bonnie are in the living room.

"Oh good, you made it." Elena says upon seeing her

Violet gives her a smile and nod, "So what's the plan?" She asks, turning around to look at the others.

"We go to the dance, we find him." Damon says

"Really? How are we going to do that? We don't even know what he looks like." Stefan says

"Something tells me he's not going to be sixteen and pimply." Damon replies

"He could be anywhere at any time. He compelled somebody at school." Stefan explains

"Hello?" Violet raises her hand, "Hi yes, it's me, the girl that was with Klaus for 500 years. I would like to think that I know what he looks like."

"Okay so... what does he look like?"

"Well, he's blonde, pretty decent looking, a bit of an ass, blue eyes, anger issues, uh... I don't know what else. He doesn't really have any defining features."

"Okay... not very helpful, but thanks anyway." Stefan nods

Someone knocks on the door and Alaric enters.

"There you are." Damon says

"Sorry I'm late." Alaric says, shutting the door and walking further in.

"Hey, I need you to put me down as a chaperone at the dance tonight. Klaus made his first move." Damon says

"Okay, so we find him and then what, hmm? What's our plan of attack?" Elena asks

"Me. I'm the plan. He has no idea how much power I can channel. If you can find him, I can kill him." Bonnie explains

Alaric laughs slightly, "That's not going to be that easy. I mean, he is the biggest, baddest vampire around."

"Alaric has a point. I mean, what if he-" Damon rushes at Bonnie but she throws him on the other side of the room with her powers, without touching him.

"Go Bonnie!" Violet cheers, "Okay. Stefan next."

Bonnie smiles at Violet and turns back to the group, "It doesn't matter if he's an Original. I can take down anyone who comes at me. I can kill him, Elena. I know I can."

*

Violet arrives at Mystic Falls High School a little while later, dressed in one of her old dresses from the 60s. Another perk to being a vampire- you almost always have clothes for events like these.

She spots her group of friends and quickly runs up to them, "Hey. You guys look great." She smiles. She goes over to Bonnie, whispering, 'Are you ready?' into her ear.

Bonnie nods against Violet's shoulder and the two pull apart and walk inside, where everyone is dancing. A girl goes onto the stage and speaks into the microphone, "Thanks for being here, everybody." She starts as Violet and her group walk in, "We have a special shout-out tonight."

Violet stops in fear, sharing a worried look with Stefan.

"This is for Elena. From Klaus."

The room burst into an applause, but Violet just looks around the room, trying to find him.

"That was a lame, cheap shot. He's just trying to bait us." Damon says

"I know everyone here." Elena says

"Maybe he's not here. Just wants us to believe that he is." Stefan suggests

"Holy shit," Violet mumbles, looking up to the rest of the group, "He's in someone else's body. He used to do this all the time."

"Well that makes things a lot more difficult." Damon notes

"Yes. But it has to be someone in use to him. He doesn't usually just jump into anyone's body." Violet explains

"Excellent. Well, it's a party, people. Blend. Let him come to us."

"Good idea." Bonnie nods, taking Jeremy arm and dragging him out. Damon sees Alaric and goes to, leaving Violet, Stefan and Elena.

"Did anyone tell Caroline what was going on?" Violet asks

"No."

"Okay, I'm going to go tell her." Violet walks up to Caroline who is weirdly dancing with the Rat, even though she's still with Tyler, "Hey. Can I steal Caroline for the moment?"

"No, not at all. I'll get us something to drink." He nods and leaves

Violet begins to dance with Caroline, "Hey. You look great, and I very much want to know what happened between you and Tyler and why you're dancing with your ex, but you can tell me that another time because we have more important things."

"What's wrong?" Caroline asks

"Klaus is here." Violet explains

"What?!"

"Yeah."

"Where?" Caroline questions

"We have no idea. I think he might've jumped into someone else's body. But keep your eye out for anything that might be weird, okay? Be careful."

Caroline nods, "Okay."

"How are you going? You know, being in a room full of people isn't easy when you're a newbie vampire."

Caroline shrugs, "I'm okay. I think i've got a pretty good handle on myself."

"Excellent." Violet smiles, but it vanishes when Matt comes back, "This is my cue to leave. It was wonderful dancing with you. Save me another for later." Violet turns around, frowning when she doesn't see Elena or Bonnie, but decides they are probably outside and heads there.

She meets up with Alaric on the way, who runs up to the girls in panic.

"What is it?" Elena asks

"He has Jeremy." Alaric explains

"What?"

"Yeah, Klaus has Jeremy. Come on."

Violet pushes her panic away as she follows him through a side door and into a hallway

"Okay, so where are you taking us?" Elena asks

"Just a little further." Alaric tells them

"Wait...Something's not right."

"Where's Jeremy?" Bonnie asks

Alaric walking and laughs, "I just had to get away from that dance. The sixties, ugh. Not my decade. I mean, whose call was that, anyway? I much prefer the twenties. The style, the parties, the jazz. You remember don't you Violet?"

Violet stops dead in her tracks, a startled cry escaping her lips as terror set into her body.

"Ah Violet knows what I mean. I have to say Vi, I was a little disappointed didn't recognise me earlier." Alaric-Klaus says, walking closer and putting his arm around Violet.

"Get of me." She demands, trying to keep the shake out of her voice as she pushes his arm away.

"What's going on?" Elena asks, looking between the two in confusion.

"I'll give you a hint. I am not Alaric."

"Klaus." Elena realises

"Surprise!" Alaric-Klaus smiles broadly

Elena shakes her head, "Oh, no. No, it's not possible."

Alaric-Klaus sighs, "Just relax, Elena. I'm not here to hurt you. You're not on my hit list tonight." He looks at Bonnie, "But you are." He starts towards Bonnie but she throws him against the wall with her powers. He gets up, looking mostly okay, "Now, did I mention that I knew a witch? You're gonna have to hit me a lot harder than that."

He rushes over to her and she throws him against a display case, smashing the glass. He falls to the ground but simply just laughs, "By all means...Fire away!" He gets up again, "If you kill this body, I'll just get a new one. Maybe Jeremy."

"Go. Run. Run!" Bonnie yells, and the three girls run and Bonnie shuts the door behind them with her powers. Damon runs through the other pair of doors and joins them at the same time.

"What happened?" He asks

"Klaus-Klaus is in Alaric's body." Elena stammers

"What?"

"He's possessing it or something." Bonnie nods

"He's done this before." Violet explains, nervously shaking her hands.

Damon nods, "Go find Stefan. Now." He demands

"Okay." Elena nods, turning on her heel and running, with Violet in tow. The two move through the dance floor, looking all around them. Caroline spots them, walking closer.

"Hey!" Caroline says, "Are you okay?"

"Um...Yeah. I'm just...I'm looking for Stefan." Elena stutters, spotting him and running off.

"What about you?" Caroline asks, turning to Violet in concern

"It's fine-I'm fine. We'll talk later. Just stay with Matt."

Caroline nods, watching worriedly as Violet runs off to Elena. She meets up with Damon, Stefan and Elena in the hallway. Through the door, Violet can see that Bonnie is still fighting Alaric-Klaus with her powers. She breaks his leg. The lights flicker and a gust of wind sends papers flying. Her nose is bleeding a lot. She breaks Alaric-Klaus's foot and he falls to the floor. Violet tries to rush in, but Bonnie shuts the doors so they can't.

"Bonnie, no!" Elena screams as they try to open the door.

Alaric-Klaus is crawling on the floor. Bonnie fights Alaric-Klaus and lights start bursting, sending a shower of sparks raining down. Bonnie suddenly looks to Elena with a smile. Alaric-Klaus gets up and Bonnie faces him. Suddenly with a jerk of her body she bends back and falls on the floor. Elena, Violet and Stefan open the doors and rush over Bonnie in the now dark room.

"No! Oh! Bonnie! Bonnie, Bonnie! Bonnie! Hey, hey." Elena cries, taking Bonnie in her arms. Violet looks around them, but Alaric-Klaus is gone.]

"Stefan, she's not breathing!" Elena sobs, "Stefan! Stefan, I can't find her pulse! Stefan! Do something, please! Stefan, Violet, please! Just give her blood, do something, please!"

Stefan slowly looks up at Elena and Violet avoids eye contact, a few tears falling down her face. They didn't talk a lot, but Bonnie had always been kind to her.

"It's too late. I'm sorry." He says

Elena's still crying and shaking her head in disbelief, "No! No. No, no, no, no, no! Bonnie! Bonnie, please, no! No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!" She cries

Damon walks in, "Stefan, Violet, get Elena out of here. I'll deal with the body."

"What do you mean, deal with it?" Elena asks

"The sheriff can't know about this. Last thing we need's another mysterious death."

"This is Bonnie!" Elena screams

Violet looks at Stefan worriedly, "Come on, let's go." She says softly, helping Elena to stand up.

Stefan takes Elena into his arms and helps her to walk out. "No. Jeremy. Oh, my God, Jeremy. What about Jeremy?" She sobs

"I'll find him." Damon nods

*
When they get to the Salvatore house, Elena sits with Stefan next to the fireplace, tears in her eyes.

Violet walks into the room, a cup in her hand, "Here love, drink this." She says, handing it to Elena.

Elena takes the glass and puts it to her lips but a sob escapes her lips before she is even able to, "This is my fault." She cries

"No, no, no, no, no. No. Hey. This was Klaus. Listen to me. Klaus did this." Stefan tells her

Damon arrives and explains that Bonnie cast a spell to ensure she wakes up, but he didn't say anything because their reactions needed to be realistic.

Elena cries out in relief this time, as Stefan goes to talk with Damon.

"Are you okay?" Violet asks

Elena nods, "I will be now."

*

{a/n: just a heads up updates will be down to once a week because i just started back with school}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.1K 1K 21
𝒐𝒐𝒐 ┊𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖. ❪ klaroline! ❫ ❛ 𝗁𝖾'𝗌 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖻𝖺𝖻𝗅𝗒 𝗌𝖼𝖺𝗋𝖾𝖽 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗍𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗀𝗁𝗍 𝗂𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝖺 𝗆𝗂𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗄...
355K 11.1K 71
Madeline Sage Saltzman, a vampire hunter and adoptive daughter of Alaric Saltzman, did not know what was in store for her when she entered Mystic Fal...
159K 4.6K 46
*BOOK ONE OF THE 'TIL SERIES* In which Briana Forbes is full of life, but didn't know what it felt like to truly be alive until the big, bad immortal...
196K 5.2K 74
𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂 𝒈𝒊𝒍𝒃𝒆𝒓𝒕 "𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘯 𝘵𝘸𝘪𝘯" 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒂𝒏 𝒖𝒏𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕...