Pack Ties, Blood Lies

By MollyWhiteBooks

Half human, half wolf, Charlie's life was always going to be a challenge. But when she was orphaned at a you... More

Chapter 0 - The Raids
Chapter 1 - Pinned
Chapter 2 - Joking Aside
Chapter 3 - Orders
Chapter 4 - Alternative Medicine
Chapter 5 - The Wait Begins
Chapter 6 - Qualifying
Chapter 7 - Celebrations
Chapter 8 - Visitors
Chapter 9 - Let's Play 'Chicken'
Chapter 11 - Madness Calls
Chapter 12 - Surprise Relations
Chapter 13 - Piggy In The Middle
Chapter 14 - Talk Tips Tempers
Chapter 15 - Distraction
Chapter 16 - The Grief Of Goodbye
Chapter 17 - Truths
Chapter 18 - Allegiance
Chapter 19 - Stolen Strength
Chapter 20 - A History Of Lies
Chapter 21 - Moon Goddess's Mistake
Chapter 22 - A Wolf Knows
Chapter 23 - Honest Hearts
Chapter 24 - Friendly Warning
Chapter 25 - Honorable Words
Chapter 26 - Better Late Than Never
Chapter 27 - Making Time
Chapter 28 - A Mother's Prerogative
Chapter 29 - Death Wish
Chapter 30 - Brain Fog
Chapter 31 - Old Friends
Chapter 32 - Back From The Dead
Chapter 33 - Blame
Chapter 34 - Innocent Words
Chapter 35 - Broken
Chapter 36 - Trust
Chapter 37 - Delirium
Chapter 38 - Elder's Point
Chapter 39 - The Cavern
Chapter 40 - Quite the Enigma
Chapter 41 - Reflected Desire
Chapter 42 - Fun Thieves
Chapter 43 - Blame
Chapter 44 - One Secret Down...
Chapter 45 - Fear of The Unknown
Chapter 46 - Not Nearly Enough
Chapter 47 - Stormy Inside and Out
Chapter 48 - Punishment
Chapter 49 - Patriarchal Progress?
Chapter 50 - Interrupted
Chapter 51 - Bloody Vengeance
Chapter 52 - Death of The Known
Chapter 53 - The Pros and Cons of Love
Chapter 54 - A Friend of Eternity
Chapter 55 - All of You
Chapter 56 - Divide and Conquer
Chapter 57 - Smoke and Fire
Book #2

Chapter 10 - Keeping Control

127 20 11
By MollyWhiteBooks

Whilst not a full wolf, my blood means I heal much faster than a human would.

Still, the prescribed week of rest was driving me nuts and I was grateful it was almost up.

My bones had fused, but I was still very tender.

I shuffled up the path to the Pack house. The Alpha had requested a meeting and I had insisted I would come to him, rather than he have to visit my shabby little cabin.

As I was escorted into his office, I chewed on my lip nervously. Alpha, his Beta and Jack were already there waiting for me. Their faces serious.

I hadn't seen Jack since he left me in my hospital room. A small flutter began in my belly as I cast my eyes over his handsome face.

Clearing his throat, the Alpha began to speak. "We have discussed this at length, and I feel it is only fair that you are appraised of the situation, despite the protests of some." His eyes slid to Jack briefly. "One of our trackers managed to corner and bring back an enemy wolf. The situation is much graver than I first imagined."

I frowned, wondering why the Alpha would bother to inform an Omega of the Pack business.

Sighing, he continued. "The leader, Drake, was looking for Jack. But only because he was the one recognised in the Qualifying arena with you. You are the real target."

All of the old fears I had flattened over the years suddenly sprang back to life. Settling heavy in my stomach.

"Drake leads the rebels that decimated this Pack as well as many others in the pursuit of 'half-blood' wolves." The Alpha's eyes were boring into me and I began to feel dizzy. "Your shiftless Qualification caused quite a stir. Bringing you to his attention."

This was it. This was the end of my protection. I had been flagged as a danger to camp and would be told to leave.

A fat tear fell down my cheek and the Beta grabbed a tissue, raising a hand to keep Jack from moving to my side.

"He obviously doesn't know who you are, or he would have killed you in the forest." The Alpha paused, clenching large fists. "Your mother was a good woman. I was proud to be her mentor and sorry for her death. I will continue to protect you, as her daughter... for now."

Another tear slid to join the first and I rushed to wipe them away. I nodded and bowed my head in respect. Mumbling my thanks over and over.

The Alpha rumbled a gruff acceptance and added, "I have increased patrols of the forest. We were complacent, but no more. It is past time these vermin were wiped from our lands for good."

The silver of his wolf flickered in his eyes and he waved a hand, dismissing me. "Jack, make sure she gets home ok."

Bowing our heads in respect as we backed from the room.

Entering a short dark corridor, we were plunged into further darkness as the office door clicked closed.

In an instant, Jack pulled me gently into his arms, comforting me with the safety of his hard chest. I breathed in his woody smell and felt myself relax a little.

We parted, and he tenderly wiped away the last rogue tear that rolled down my cheek.

"Come. Let's get you home." He said loudly and I winced. Eyes flying to the dark wood of the Alpha's door. He would expect us to already be on our way.

Jack winked at me and held a finger to his lips, leading the way through a long maze of corridors, to another wooden door.

I squinted at it suspiciously but let him usher me through to the dark room beyond.

As the lights came on, I realised we were in a bedroom. Almost identical to the one in Jack's cabin.

He smirked. "Defence leader perks. I need a place to crash at the Pack house from time to time."

"Okay..." I trailed off, walking further into the room. "But what are we doing here?"

Turning to look at him I felt my belly flip in the heat of his gaze.

He stalked towards me, backing me up until my knees hit the bed.

"I missed you. No way was I delivering you home just yet." Jack lowered his face towards mine, but I sat quickly before he could kiss me.

"Don't you have a harem to choose from that you won't get in trouble for?" I teased.

He laughed, then groaned. Sprawling beside me on the bed.

My brain was trying in vain to hang on to the confusion, worry and stress that it needed to work though.

Instead, it was occupied by the hard, lean length of the body beside me.

His impressive chest rising and falling with each breath, long, muscular legs draped beside my own.

Up to the sexy smirk as he watched me drink him in.

A blush rushed to my cheeks as I realised that I'd been caught staring, and he chuckled. A low sexy sound from deep within his chest.

He reached up and wound an arm around my waist, pulling me gently down and against him.

Our eyes locked and searing heat scorched through me. My whole body felt electrified with every point of contact. My breath hitched in my throat and I groggily registered that he might actually win this time.

Grinning he traced my lower lip with the pad of his thumb, while his other arm stayed firmly around my waist, pinning me against him. "The more you run, the more I want you. You should know a wolf loves a chase."

The tingle between my legs let me know that I wanted him to catch me, more than I was able to admit.

I searched his face, unsure what his intentions were. "At the expense of the protection of the Pack?"

"Maybe I could live with that." He whispered, nuzzling his nose into the sensitive crook of my neck.

Torn, I bit my lip. Absently tracing the muscular lines of his abs through the thin fabric of his t-shirt, causing him to shiver.

Losing myself to the midnight heat of his eyes, I slid my fingers lower, slipping lightly towards his waistband. His breath caught in his throat and he groaned.

Suddenly he grabbed my wrist and flipped us. Taking care not to hurt me.

Pinning me below him, he restrained both my hands in his larger one above my head.

I could feel the hard length of his arousal digging into my thigh and it was driving rational thought out of my brain.

He pressed his erection against me just a bit more firmly. "You can't deny we both want it, Charlie. Maybe we get it out of our system and move on... Just sex, no strings?"

His mouth dipped to my collar bone and he softly sucked. A hushed moan escaped me, and his erection throbbed in response.

"Fuck, Charlie. I need you to tell me you're ok with that." His dark eyes were searching mine again.

I managed a small humourless chuckle. "Like that's ever going to happen."

I had to cling to some dignity. We would never be the same again if I joined his harem.

"You know I like a challenge." His eyes glittered dangerously as he bent his head to my ear. Hot breath creating an explosion of goose-bumps before his warm, wet tongue traced my earlobe.

A powerful shudder ran through me and a much louder moan. I was getting so wet for him.

"Think of it as scratching an itch..." Jack's hot tongue lapped at the sensitive spot where my jaw met my neck.

I'm going to drive you so crazy you beg me to fuck you." He nibbled along my jaw in between each new word, making me squirm. "Say it... say you want me to fuck you."

"Jack..." I breathed as I panted below him. Our eyes locked and I lifted my face until our lips were mere millimetres apart. "I want..."

His eyes smouldered and his free hand tightened on the sheet beside me.

I slowly grazed my lips against his and whispered, "I want... you to get the fuck off me."

My body screamed in protest, but my mind revelled in the fact that I hadn't caved. This mess couldn't be my fault. I was already so close to losing my home.

He raised himself enough to look down between our bodies, to my pebbled nipples and his erection pressed against me. The gravel in his voice betrayed his desire as he growled in frustration and heaved himself off me completely.

Once again, he laid sprawled beside me. My heart was racing and a peeked at him with amusement. "I win again."

A slow grin spread across his handsome face and a short laugh. "This game of chicken isn't working for me."

The humour in his eyes dimmed a little as he glanced down at his large erection, straining against the fabric of his jeans. "What am I supposed to do with that now, huh?" 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 97.5K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...