Pack Ties, Blood Lies

By MollyWhiteBooks

Half human, half wolf, Charlie's life was always going to be a challenge. But when she was orphaned at a you... More

Chapter 0 - The Raids
Chapter 1 - Pinned
Chapter 2 - Joking Aside
Chapter 3 - Orders
Chapter 4 - Alternative Medicine
Chapter 5 - The Wait Begins
Chapter 6 - Qualifying
Chapter 8 - Visitors
Chapter 9 - Let's Play 'Chicken'
Chapter 10 - Keeping Control
Chapter 11 - Madness Calls
Chapter 12 - Surprise Relations
Chapter 13 - Piggy In The Middle
Chapter 14 - Talk Tips Tempers
Chapter 15 - Distraction
Chapter 16 - The Grief Of Goodbye
Chapter 17 - Truths
Chapter 18 - Allegiance
Chapter 19 - Stolen Strength
Chapter 20 - A History Of Lies
Chapter 21 - Moon Goddess's Mistake
Chapter 22 - A Wolf Knows
Chapter 23 - Honest Hearts
Chapter 24 - Friendly Warning
Chapter 25 - Honorable Words
Chapter 26 - Better Late Than Never
Chapter 27 - Making Time
Chapter 28 - A Mother's Prerogative
Chapter 29 - Death Wish
Chapter 30 - Brain Fog
Chapter 31 - Old Friends
Chapter 32 - Back From The Dead
Chapter 33 - Blame
Chapter 34 - Innocent Words
Chapter 35 - Broken
Chapter 36 - Trust
Chapter 37 - Delirium
Chapter 38 - Elder's Point
Chapter 39 - The Cavern
Chapter 40 - Quite the Enigma
Chapter 41 - Reflected Desire
Chapter 42 - Fun Thieves
Chapter 43 - Blame
Chapter 44 - One Secret Down...
Chapter 45 - Fear of The Unknown
Chapter 46 - Not Nearly Enough
Chapter 47 - Stormy Inside and Out
Chapter 48 - Punishment
Chapter 49 - Patriarchal Progress?
Chapter 50 - Interrupted
Chapter 51 - Bloody Vengeance
Chapter 52 - Death of The Known
Chapter 53 - The Pros and Cons of Love
Chapter 54 - A Friend of Eternity
Chapter 55 - All of You
Chapter 56 - Divide and Conquer
Chapter 57 - Smoke and Fire
Book #2

Chapter 7 - Celebrations

147 23 24
By MollyWhiteBooks

Victory calls for celebration, and we planned to do just that.

I grinned as we left the treeline, finally coming into view of Jack's cabin.

Loud music pulsed from open windows and people spilled out into the surrounding clearing, laughing, and drinking.

Bodies were moving to the beat under the weak orange light that poured from the windows, creating a halo in the small patch of forest.

A row of motorcycles glinted along the side of the building; their owners standing nearby with confident grins on their lips.

"Whey-hey! New arrivals!" Callum whooped and strode over, a smirk on his face. "Always a pleasure, ladies."

I glanced at Holly and we rolled our eyes as we separated to walk around him.

"Go creep on someone else" Holly sniffed as we headed into the house. "Surprised he was even invited."

I could already feel the music soaking into me. A welcome relief from the last few weeks of hard work.

We grabbed drinks and headed back outside, more than ready to begin the night.

Tall and slender, Holly looked stunning as ever in a bluebell-coloured fitted dress. Her red hair was curled to perfection and her makeup was flawless. She grinned at me as she started to dance, hands in the air.

I laughed and followed suit, taking a sip of beer as I twirled, my green skater dress flowing around me.

I spotted Kyle heading towards us and waved him over. "Hey! Congratulations!" My grin was mirrored by his own and he clinked his bottle against mine.

"Congrats to yourself! You were amazing today." The awe in his voice made me swell with pride.

Taking a swig from his bottle he smiled fondly at us, brown eyes just a little hazy from alcohol.

"We all kicked ass." Holly giggled.

We had all started in the same, crappy place at the pack orphanage and had somehow all managed to get it together enough to make the grade.

None of us had Ranked with the same specialty. I was Defence, Holly a Scout and Kyle was a Tracker. Between us, we made quite the team.

I was just about to take another sip of my drink when arms shot around my shoulders from behind.

Instinctively, I dropped my bottle grabbed the arms and squatted low. At the same time, I thrust my hips back and arched my back, sending my assailant over my head.

His body turned as he flipped, catching his fall with one hand, and pushing himself upright. Whoops and cheers erupted around us like we were the evening's entertainment.

Midnight eyes met mine with the cocky grin I knew so well.

Holly snorted. "Quals are over Jack. You don't need to keep testing her."

Jack scooped my bottle off the ground and blew some soil from the glass, downing what was left.

"Be a shame to let my protégée get sloppy now though wouldn't it?" His eyes twinkled and he ran a large had through his shaggy dark hair. "Besides, I'm her boss now, so it's even more important I keep her on her toes."

At that moment Violet appeared, eyeing Jack with the disdain she always seemed to reserve just for him. "Leave the girl be, Jack. Let them celebrate. They have earnt it. Isn't that why you pushed for this party?"

Rolling his eyes, Jack smirked. "Worry about your own new recruit." He looked meaningfully at Holly, "Isn't that red hair of yours a liability when you're trying to hide?"

Quickly sidestepping the swipe from Violet, Jack laughed as he headed back inside, broad shoulders disappearing into the crowd.

"He's such an ass." Holly and I growled in unison, then erupted in giggles.

Sobering slightly, I offered to get drinks, since Jack had stolen mine.

Heading inside, I found Jack in the kitchen with a group of others. The easy grin on his face made my heart flutter.

He was in the middle of a conversation with a guy called Ben, gesturing, and waving his arms as he spoke.

I did my best to ignore him as I grabbed a few beers from the fridge, but I could feel his eyes on me like a physical touch.

I was heading back down the hall when Jack jogged after me. "Hey, wait up."

I allowed myself to be pulled from the noisy bustle of the party into a dark, quiet room.

I had been in Jack's cabin multiple times over the years, but only in the main living areas. As the light came on, I saw that we were in his bedroom.

Eyeing him suspiciously I looked around. It was neat and tidy, even his dark blue bedspread was meticulously smooth.

"I have something for you." Jack kicked the door closed behind us and I frowned.

"It had better not be what you have for all the other girls..." I trailed off, half teasing, half serious.

My heart stuttered in my chest as he grinned at me, his eyes glittering dangerously.

If I forced myself to see the cold reality, I had to admit that we would never be anything serious, knowing Jack as I did.

Even if there were no Pack obstacles between us, Jack himself is the biggest barrier. With his lack of appreciation for monogamy.

Besides, we are too different.

Jack is nine years older than me. A full blood wolf with a wild streak and now my boss.

I'd have to be an idiot to even think about it.

I swallowed the sudden lump in my throat as he closed the distance between us. Taking a step back, I felt my ass hit the hard ridge of his dresser.

"You look nervous..." he began, before resting one hand on the dresser beside me and leaning forwards

He toyed with a piece of my hair before tucking it behind my ear. "... What's wrong Charlie?" He grinned at me sexily, his body so close I could feel his warmth.

I tried to tell myself that he was teasing me, that he was just being Jack. But I didn't seem to be listening to myself.

I wet my dry lips and smiled shakily. "Very funny Jack. Wasn't it you that pointed out this can't happen? Now, move aside, I'm missing the party."

His eyes seemed darker than usual as they smouldered over the fit of my dress. Using his free hand, he captured my chin and bent to graze his lips across my jawbone. "Is that what you really want?"

His hot breath chased goosebumps up my neck. Heat shot through me just as I managed to regain control of my limbs, angrily aiming a slap at the side of his head.

He ducked with a smirk. I'd missed.

Sadly, I was finding him harder and harder to resist when he turned on the charm. The fact is... he's sexy as hell.

As I was recovering, he leant around me, his body pressing mine for the briefest of moments. When he straightened up, I noticed that his usual cockiness was gone.

In his palm, he held a small grey box with a white silk bow.

Uncertainly, I took the box from him. He looked as nervous as I felt. This was unchartered territory for us.

I opened the box with shaking fingers, surprised to find a small, five pence size golden moon on a necklace.

I gasped in surprise as I pulled it gently from its cushion. It was so beautiful.

I had never had any jewellery before.

Smiling at my obvious pleasure, Jack took it and moved behind me to put it on.

His fingertips lightly brushed my neck as he moved my hair aside. My skin tingled at his touch as he slipped his arms around me to place the chain.

The moment only lasted seconds, but it felt incredibly intimate.

Suddenly feeling shy, I planted a quick kiss on his cheek. "Thank you, Jack. It's beautiful."

Jack's eyes held mine for a heart stopping moment before he looked away, clearing his throat. "You're very welcome. You earnt it." He smirked at me as he backed towards the door. "Now... chill out. Grab a drink. I have spent too much time on you already. Where has Shelby gone with my beer...?"

I watched his broad shoulders disappear into the swarms of intoxicated people in the hallway and suppressed a sigh. Some things never change.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 97.5K 66
Narrowly escaping an attack by wolves, Jaylin Maxwell is driven towards the alluring Quentin Bronx. Together, they unleash the beast inside Jaylin's...