The Rogues

By _kaywrites

Control. It's what Evelyn's known her whole life...being controlled by a croupt government run society called... More

1- Intro to Detra
2- Control
3- Matched
4- The Bride
5-No Mans Land
6- Stitches
7- The Test
8- Bullseye
9- Fists out
10- Heads up
11- Bruises
12- The Woods
13 - Moonlight
14- The Girl
15- Smoke
16-Arrows
17-Flame
18- Mind Melt
19- Rooftop
20- The Twins
21- Trapped
22- Fury
23- Five Hours
24- Armor
25- A Weapon
26- Jailbreak
27- Power
28- Crimson
29- Heavenly
30- The Martyr
31- Breathe
32- The light
33- Forget Me
34- Don't Look Death in the Eye
35- When the Alarm Sounds
36- Let go
38- Deception
39- Touch
40- The Gates
Chapter 41- Her Power

37- The Rising

2.7K 101 118
By _kaywrites

Evelyn

I was running before I had time to sheathe my thoughts together. I hadn't a second to wait for the others—who knew what they had already done to him. I didn't give Beckett much breath to explain, and when under the fog of my mind I heard him say Dominic turned himself in to Detra, I almost didn't believe it.

"Wait, Evelyn!" Kyler called out, but the pain in his bones restricted him from following after me. I hadn't told them where I was going—maybe they had no idea. I hoped they wouldn't follow. Nonetheless, I needed to help Dominic...he would have done the same for me.

My feet trampled through the dirt of the forest floor, gnashing the crunch of dewy leaves and snapping gritty twigs and branches. My heart beat quickly under my skin, and I had to admit my thoughts weren't quite...there exactly. My power surged inside of me like never before, begging to escape, making me feel sick holding it in. Almost as if it was triggered when Beckett told me what happened. I pressed my feet on the ground and stopped, my lungs heaving in brittle breaths that patterned with the beat of my racing pulse. I peeked around--the same wooded trees hooded over me in every direction leaves toppling shadows and earth brushing the grass. Which way is even the Chamber?

I looked to my left, then to my right, trying to retain a bit of memory from when we went to the Chamber days before. But no matter how hard I looked, the woods appeared the same in every direction, an infinite repetition of bark and leaves and sun peeking through tattered branches. I felt a pulse of something, grasping me in a wave-like magnet. It pulled me to my right, leading a path through the forest, almost a single, screaming, 'The Chamber is this way.' So naturally, I confided the instinct and followed the tug.

My feet carried me all the way, and before I knew it, I was outside Detras gates. The Chamber stood in front, the devilish grey dome lined with troopers on every edge. I scanned over it—two troopers at the door, five along the wall, and roughly fifteen on the roof. Why were there so many? I brushed away the ponder and drove my focus back to its focal, getting Dominic.

Still, so many troopers stood in the way. There was no way of sneaking in or slipping under their vision-- that would be suicide. I needed time to think, but whatever was creeping inside of me had different plans. My ability made my hands inch, banging on the walls of my body to break free. The power led me in front of the gates before I could think it through. I had to use it. I needed to. And now was the perfect opportunity. Why sleuth when you can just walk in?

I inhaled a breath and peeked through the gate, the troopers armed with guns and razors, rakes tucked neatly into their belts. My heart hammered, a sweat forming on my brow at what I saw. As soon as my feet touched the grounds of the Chamber, every gun in the area was cocked and aimed at me. They had razors, which couldn't kill me, but sure as hell would hurt.

My head was made a target almost instantly. They knew I'd come. They hoped I'd come at least. It was too late now to turn back, it was too late to give up. Dominic wouldn't have given up on me, so I wouldn't on him. "Okay," I shook my shoulders and whispered to myself, "They want a show?" I clenched my hands, feeling the heat rise to the tips of fingers, the power in me pleading to escape, "I'll give them a whole damn performance."

Crack! bolts of electric bullets aviated towards me from the razors in an instant that felt all too quick. I lifted my hands, not knowing what my power would do or where it would take me, but when my focus was drawn, I felt that insurgent force ascending inside of me invoking a mind of its own. I let it crawl into my veins, flood into my bloodstream, pick at my muscles and bones. It opened its mouth, and I let it speak. I let it scream.

I pressed my hands against the thin air in front of me, stretching my fingers out as far as they could reach, and a wave of force rang from my palms. The electric bolts bounced off the wave as if it were an invisible shield and ricocheted back towards the troopers. More and more shots fired my way, and more and more fired back thiers. The troopers took cover, shouting in pleading cries and holding their arms over their necks, ducting under themselves. Some were hit, they screamed, their bodies stiff in a spaz. I couldn't believe it...I turned their weapons against them.

My hands ripped through the air, and each trooper stationed on the roof toppled over, their bodies forced to the ground, their fingers clinging to the side of the building. Though it slowed them down, it didn't seize their fire, and the bullets kept coming.

The rage in my blood was surly displayed on my face, the troopers taking a long look and blinking with fear as I drew nearer, my hands held in front of my body, the force trailing in front of my slow steps, leading me on a string. I would have liked to move faster, though the invisible shield in front of me carried a heavy tonnage, pushing against my weight. I stiffened my feet to the ground and crawled through the aptitude. Throwing their hands up in surrender, the troopers at the first entrance trembled, letting their guns drop to the ground. I glanced at my hands, then back at the two men in front of me, who shook as I had just put a bullet through their stomachs. They are afraid of me. A part of me ate off the power, longing for the afterglow taste of dominance. Another part of me hated it, my heart filled with the anguish of what I had become.

This isn't like you, Ev.

The troopers backed away in a quiver, anxiously waiting for me to throw them off their feet or crawl into their heads any second. I inhaled a gust of air and lowered my hands to my hips. The troopers glanced at each other, puzzled. "Just let me in," I said in a cool tone.

"I'm...I'm afraid I can't let you." The trooper juddered. I peered down. his gun was helpless at his feet. what was he going to do, threaten me? I almost wanted to laugh.

I clenched my fingers, the power growing impatient, but I pushed it back. Don't waste your time where time isn't needed.

"I'm not going to ask again." I neared the troopers, and they flinched backward, their hands shaking in front of their stance. "Let me in, or in a few seconds, I send your body hurling towards west Detra." I pointed my finger to the sky, and the topper looked up. "Am I clear?"

The troopers shot each other a nervous glance, then aggressively shook their head, 'yes', and backed away from the door. I didn't like being so demanding, but it was as if the power inside of me had a voice of its own. My emotions felt bottled inside of me, stirring and tightening in my head, creating a shade of something I couldn't quite grasp. I needed to save my abilities, but savoring was the last thing I wanted to do. I only had so much energy, but I had a millennial of power.

I pushed through the second foyer, and to my surprise, not a single trooper awaited inside. I knew if they weren't in the second entrance, they'd be in the main hallway. I could take a few of them outside, but inside was a different scenario. Outside, I could raise my arms and play with all the space in the world, nothing from keeping my power from reaching its breadth. Though indoors, there's only so much room, and I feared I wouldn't be able to move soon enough. I gaped at the door, knowing they were there on the other side. Were there tens of them? Hundreds even? I couldn't risk it. Especially when Dominic could be in trouble. Could they be torturing him? Strapping his head to a machine and turning his brain to mush? The thought coiled a chill down my spine, and I shook my head. Don't think like that, it's Dominic. He's fine. Though I couldn't scratch the feeling of...what if he's not?

I could almost hear the cock of a hundred firearms behind the haunting white door. I grasped the knob, the cool metal stinging my touch. Don't open it. Are you stupid? I severed my hand and surveyed my vision over the room. I titled my head, peering above at a thin grey airvent. No. I thought, You'll never fit. Suddenly, I jerked at the sound of the door hinges creaking open. My heart lunged, and I shot out my hand, using my force to slam the door shut on whoever was trying to creep in. "We know you're in there!" A stern voice echoed behind the white walled room. "Open up!" A hand slammed hard against the door, causing my alarm to arise. I glimpsed at the vent one more time. Guess It will have to do.

Using my power, I held the door closed, but I wasn't sure how much longer I could protect it. My arm was beginning to tire, and more and more troopers stood trying to push against the weight of my force. Keeping my hand up towards the door, I shifted the single seat in the room directly under the air vent. Standing on the chair, I could handily reach the vent. The only problem was trying to grasp it with one hand. I had to hold the door closed, or else the troopers would engulf me in seconds. I'd have to discern the vent, pull myself up, and at the last second, withdraw my other arm, letting the troopers in as soon as I'm inside of the vent. Would it be easy? No. Were my options rather limited? As hell.

I inflated a sharp breath and closed my eyes, the force crawling from my fingers, using what it could to fasten the door shut. You can do this. My foot stepped onto the chair, and I reached to the vent, grasping the metal rim as cool air brushed onto my fingers. I pried it open, and the frame toppled to the floor with a loud cling. As I curled my fingers over the rim of the vacant dome, I noticed I was shaking. My whole body was. The heartbeat in my head suddenly seemed louder and my breath catched quicker. My palms were damp and I could feel the sweat shaping on my brow. I hauled a power that made me sometimes feel invincible, and though it may not seem like it, I was still human. I still pained when struck with a blade, I still shed tears when I felt sad, and I still shivered when my worry swallowed me whole. Attaining such power makes you forget your humanity. The batter in my chest was almost foreign.

I clasped my hand on the vent, the thrashing on the door became even more militant and brazen. Using all the strength I had in my single weak bony arm, I clenched my elbow and pushed my chest up, my body lurching into the vent. The arm drawing me up ailed and the one referred towards the door cried for a break. My force was weakening, and the door evaded open. I tossed my hand out, pushing it shut, but my time was running quick. I drew in a breath, and heaved myself into the air vent, withdrawing my other arm. The door whirled loose, and troopers spilled in like a sea of fish. Before I could think, I crawled my way through the narrow space.

The air was tight, and the metal on the tips of my fingers was icy. It felt nice though. It calmed my headache and cooled the heat at my fingertips. Like tossing a match in a bucket of ice, I could almost hear the sizzle. The vent was a flavor of metal and dust, crawling up my nose in an improbable sense. I didn't hear any tracks behind me, so I assumed the troopers didnt follow. But they knew I was in there, they had to--and that worried me. I didn't even anticipate where I was going, I just hoped to come across another vent frame, pop it open, and crawl back down. But what if there were no other frames? What if I was dragging myself down an endless tunnel of gloom, being trapped forever? My dread surged further. The pitch black walls were narrowing in on my body, hugging me tight. I could hear nothing but my breath echoing down the abysmal passageway, a haunting pitch that played in back to my ears. There was a part of me that wished they would have just shot me. It would feel better than this hellish pain.

My tongue tasted the salty sweat seeping down my head. Though the vent was cold, the tightness trapped all my heat. My head spun, and glints of light danced in my vision. I thought I maybe was hallucinating, but the flashes were real. Light. A way out.

I squeezed forwards, crawling to the source of light as quick as I could, which regarding my condition, wasn't very fast. The white light devoured my face, my eyes cringing at the change of darkness. As soon as my eyes adjusted, I tucked my hands over the rim of the vent. A refreshing gust of warm air brushed on my cheeks. It wasn't exactly fresh, but it was an air vent, so I didn't particularly care. I pried the frame as quietly as I could, trying not to draw any attention. For all I knew, there could have been a trooper standing right under me, a gun pointed to my heart as soon as I reached the ground. Oh well. I thought. It sure as hell cant get any worse.

I pushed my hands on either side of the vent and lowered my body. My fingers gripped the verge, and my legs dangled over the floor. The ground was a few feet below me, so it would be impossible to fall without a noise. I flared my hands and my body dropped to the floor. I caught myself on my feet, but the bend in my knees shot a pain up my legs. Grasping my stance, I looked around me. A white wall. A white door. My brow lifted in turmoil, and I turned around. My heart plummeted. I guess it can get worse.

Every single trooper in the building had to be there. Dressed in their fancy black matted suites, their precious weapons peering at me in a nasty stare. Of course they knew where they knew where I was going. The vents weren't all that difficult to trace. I rolled my head back and rubbed my forehead with a fatigued huff of breath. Great.

"Stand down." A trooper stepped up. He had a yellow mark on his helmet. I guessed he was a lieutenant or something. Not that I cared.

My fingers pressed to my palms. The deficiency I felt only moments ago depleted in an instant. The heat rose as if I lit a match in my hand. "Tell me where he is." I said, my voice raw and unmistakable, traveling through the huddles of troopers striping the hallway.

"I'm afraid we can't do that, darling."

I groaned.

"You have five seconds." I warned. What the hell was I saying? Five seconds? I wasn't thinking right, just trying to be coercing. But they wouldn't be intimidated by me?I was a five foot four figure of skin and bones who could barely stand to her feet without trembling. I was a sheep and they were a crowd of wolves. But when they said nothing--I counted down.

Five.

They shifted their stance.

Four.

They cocked their guns.

Three.

I engaged my focus and closed my eyes, inhaling a sharp breath of cool air.

Two.

They aimed their positions at me.

One.

I raised my arms.

No more waiting. No more being afraid. They weren't intimidated by me yet, but they sure as hell would be.

A force stronger than I ever used before bathed from the tips of my fingers, crawling through the depths of the cool air, reaching to the masses. The trooper's bodies scampered backward, blowing the walls in a merciless crash. It paved a path, and I walked through. The troopers who remained standing hurled towards me with their weapons. I shot my hands before me, heaving their bodies in all directions. Shrieks, cries, and moans danced through the hall. A siren wailed, the walls flickering red lights over the pained body of troopers. Music to my ears.

It was funny how what was once deemed weak could become the most powerful thing in the room.

The more I used my ability, the easier it was to control. It took almost no effort to toss a body across the air, to tear a gun out of a poor man's fingers, or wrap my thoughts into theirs. I hated it. I hated that I fed on the power...but it tasted so good.

As I stepped through the tangled mass of detessed bodies laid helpless on the floor, I heard a familiar voice echo down the hall. I turned my head, the voice louder once again, and my heart leaped. I almost felt a smile peel onto my lips. Dominic.

I drove down the hall, shifting my attention from door to door, each room looking vaguely similar. He could be in any of them. Or maybe I was just hearing things...my focus wasn't fully attentive.

Then I heard it again.

"Evelyn!"

My eyes lit up and I rushed towards the sweet sound. It was him. For sure it was him--and I knew where it came from. I crossed a few feet, and pushed open a door. To my surprise, he wasn't there, but others were. My heart sank to my stomach, and my breath caught.

A body of troopers and doctors swarmed in a circled, their heads glued to me as if they were waiting hours for me to enter. The more my eyes examined them, the worst it got. Grant caught my attention first. He had this complacent look on his face that made it all the more punchable. Grado stood next to him, along with a girl with jet ebony air. Grant caught my attention, though she grasped it. She was beautiful.

But I could have assured I heard Dominic. No--I knew I heard him. I could reconize the rasp of his voice, even muffled behind a white wall. Then where was he-

Before I could finish my thought, I was brought back by a hand that violently wrapped around my throat. I propelled against the wall, my body swelled into a panic. I clenched my eyes shut, bracing for the pain, yet I felt none. The hand clamped tight, but not enough to choke me...only to hold me back. I could push them off easily, though as I opened my eyes, all my strength felt ripped from my body.

"Dominic?" I gasped. His eyes tore through me, a devilish gaze that held an unrecognizable hostility to them. I couldn't grasp my notions, confusion overthrew my mind. "What-what are you doing." I drew back, and gripped my hands over his arms, trying to break his clutch. Though he wasn't gripping tight enough to block air, it still hurt. The person staring back at wasnt someone I knew. This wasn't Dominic. But it is him.

"Be quiet!", he said, his words were cold, not an ounce of heart in them. What had happened to him?

"Dom-"

"I said be quiet!"

I heard a laugh sound behind Dominics shoulder. It was the girl. Her voice was a smooth, silky elurring tempt. "Good job Dominic." Her smile cut like a knife.

I squinted to look at her, then shifted my gaze back to him, and to her again. Then, it struck me. Her raven hair and porcelain skin were only an indicator. It was her pungent blue eyes that held to my focus, making everything abruptly clear.

It was Verena.

"Dominic!" I said in a panic, my pulse beating heavy at the sight of her, "You need to stop! You don't want to do this!"

He said nothing, the wrath in his eyes only grew colder. His brows furled together, his breath was rigid and the depths of his pale eyes, shallow.

"You don't want this! She's doing this to you Dominic!"

"Oh please," said Verena with an oddly charming eyeroll, "Dominic darling, can you please make her shut up?"

Dominic's grip tightened on my neck, pushing back my ability to form words as I gasped for air. I jabbed my arms forwards, Dominics body thrusting back and he released his fingers. I dived under his arm, and curved to the other side of him, backing away slowly as he crept forwards.

"You know what Dominic?" Verena lifted her sharp brow, and swayed her hips to him, placing her hands into the front of his chest, tracing her finger along his body. If I wasn't busy trying to catch my breath, I would have easily slung her across the room. She continued in a delicate voice, and his attention was snapped to her in an instant. It made my heart twinge. "This could be amusing." She hummed a laugh, "Why don't you two entertain us huh? A little brawl would be interesting."

The Doctors and troopers around me nodded and agreed. Grant held a wicked grimace and Grado crossed his arms and lifted his chin. Verena turned her head over her shoulder, her blue eyes inspecting my body as she pressed her hands to Dominic's chest. What was she trying to do? seduce me? I wanted to laugh, but my notoriety was grasped by the look Dominic held when his eyes met mine. They carried nothing but animosity, a boiling fire. Verena backed away from him with a villainous scowl lined on her perfect lips. Dominic straightened his back, rolling his shoulders to fix his posture, his chest rising and falling with each deep gust he took. Just as he did when he fought at the Rumble and in the woods with the troopers.

I held my hands out in warning, noting the shake in my fingers. "Please Dominic." I pleaded as he grew nearer, his tall body towering over mine, making me seem incandescently small. I was small...but I could beat him. did I have it in me too? No. I was scared, but not of him. I was scared of what I might do if my power started to control my thoughts.

He didn't care a second to listen to my plea, because in moments that felt like a flash, he shot his fists my way. I ducted my head, his arm cutting through the air. He swung again, this time scarcely missing my body. His swing was all but graceful. It was arduous and severe, a raging fire swallowing up whatever stood in its way. One hit to the head and I'd be as good as dead. I was lucky missing a few of his hits, but as his fist drew a little too close to my face, I threw my arms forwards, a force slinking from my fingers and driving him backwards, his body roaring hard against the wall. He stood up instantly, shaking it off with a roll of his broad shoulders as if he were not fazed at all. The alarm in me engulfed my senses. This wasn't right at all. What I just did--I healed him, and now I was hurting him. My chest tightened.

He erupted forwards, using the weight of the wall to the advantage of his momentum. He clenched his jaw, his fist barreling forwards. I shifted my weight to the side, missing his hit once more, though I wasn't so lucky with his second attempt. He plunged his hand into my jaw, and my head jerked back. I couldn't believe I was still standing after that, my breath felt like a hand clenched my lungs and ripped the air from my chest. I blinked, the furious Dominic in front of me was clouded and distraught, and for a moment I was starting to see two irritated Dominics. My head throbbed with unfathomable pain, the iron taste of blood stung my mouth. I must have bitten my tongue. I shook it off, the power in my head telling me to reflect my anger on his. And as much as I didn't want to...I hadn't any other choice.

I raised my hands, and Dominic staggered back, fighting against the invisible shield coming from my palms. He cut through and lunged ahead. I turned my feet ninety degrees to the right, barley missing his hit as I reached my hands. My power was accumulating, and in a quick motion, Dominic's body crashed against the wall, his weight angling into a dent in the middle of the wall. That only made him angerier.

He shook off his fall instantly with two cuts of his fist that I ducted under. It was like a dance of back and forth, our silhouettes intertwining with a spiral of hit--duct--hit. The room around us seemed to spin around our raging bodies, a vocal focus fastened to only us. The people were the audience, and we were the show.

Dominic growled, his knuckles just grazing the skin on the side of my cheek, my heart rushing with fear. My first instinct was to use my power. I shoved my hands forwards, his body almost lifting from the ground when I tossed him back. His spine crashed against a glass table, shards of glass splintering into his skin and spreading like wildfire across the floor, the pummel shaking the room. When he didn't get up for a moment, I held my breath. Tears approached the rim of my eyes, a terrible feeling curling in my stomach, making me nauseous. I didn't want this. I didn't want to hurt him...I didn't mean to hurt him.

He still didn't get up.

I exhaled, and flashed to him, my feet cracking on the bits of glass and poking into my skin as I dropped to my knees by his side. I grasped his shoulders, turning his body to face me. My heart was beating so fast I could hardly breathe, my senses taut with a hundred different feelings. "Dominic get up." I said, tugging on his shoulders. His chest didn't rise, his eyes didn't open. Panic surged through me instantly.

"Thought I'd be the one to do that." Grado purred

I turned my teary eyes to him, rage and sorrow mixed into a pallet and painted my skin. "You did this!" I cried out.

"Does it look like I did this?"

"You're a monster." I said roughly.

"Me?" He lifted his chin, a delicate gesture of ignorance. "Look at what you've done."

I turned my gaze to Dominic, his body cut with glass, blood trickling from his soft skin. I cupped his face in my hand, my tears uncontrollable soaking my cheeks. Look at what you've done. I was the monster--the monster Dominic feared I would become. Dominic was right about me, Grado was too. I was no killer, but my power was. The horror of becoming something so vile swallowed me up and condemned me to embody the villain I so despise.

Then, when all my hope seemed to be drained from my veins, I saw the slight rise of Dominic's chest. He was breathing--he was alive. It wasn't a joyous moment, but I couldn't be happier, and a smile tugged on the corners of my lips. I didn't kill him...thank God I didn't kill him.

He blinked his eyes open. Troubled, but open, squinting from the bright light of the room, sucking a heavy breath through his nose and out his mouth. My hand brushed his cheek, my body felt so light I defied air.

"Dominic!" I said. My voice, a whisper.

In a moment, the confusion in his eyes turned to rage. He shot forwards, his hand gripping tight around my throat, pushing my back hard against the wall, wheezing the air from my lungs. Pain shot up my backbone and where his fingers wriggled around my skin. The door swung open, two troopers entering the room.

I gasped, clawing my fingers uselessly at his arms, trying to get his clutch to break free. He only grasped tighter, my blood rushing to my head, tears in my swollen eyes. The world around me flickered in a blurr, all I could see was the fury in Dominic's face. My lungs ached trying to hold air, but I was able to push a slight sound of words. I held my hand to his arm, searching my focus to his brain, picking through the villainous parts Verena invaded, trying to light the darkness she spread like a toxic spill of poisonous black. My heart , once beating fast, slowed in tempo. I was losing consciousness by the second--but I wouldn't give up. I wouldn't give him up. Letting my thoughts enter his, I spoke softly. "You don't want to do this Dominic."

The grip on my esophagus released slightly, his brows parted and his face relaxed.

"P-Please stop." my voice trembled so much, I wasn't sure if he would even hear. If he would even listen. But it worked--he untwined his fingers and air flooded into my lungs in a gasp as I dropped to the ground. I panted, my voice hoarse and gravely. I'd never longed so much for the taste of air--the fresh perfume and cool breeze seeking into my body. I sucked the air in like it was a drug, vigorous and refreshing.

Dominic stepped back, frightened of himself. "What the hell?" He winced, glancing down at his hands, his chest beating fearfully. He lifted his arms, studying the blood falling from his skin, then tossed his gaze to me. His eyes widened, and he fell to my side. His hands grasped my cheek, the unrecognizable rage in his eyes was gone. He was confused, worried, frightened...but he was Dominic. I brought him back to me.

"Evelyn." He said in the softest voice. "What--" He paused and shook his head. "Are you okay?"

I opened my mouth to speak, but pushing words felt like a fire climbing up my throat. So I simply nodded. He brushed his fingers against my cheek, trying to figure out what he had done, studying my face and features to remember. My heart tugged with relief--this was truly him. He looked down at the redness formed around my neck, surly would be bacl and blue in a day. He touched it gently, I flinched back, his fingers felt like a torch against my skin. He shook his head in denial, "Did...did I-"

Before he could finish, a clap of Grados gloved hands sounded behind us. "That was a very nice performance." He said in a rusty voice. "Im impressed."

Dominic shot up, his eyes sifting Grado, then meeting Verena's. Oh no. I thought.

"You!" He said, lunging towards Verena in a growl. She drew back and Grado ordered the two troopers at the door to grasp a hold of Dominic. They hooked their arms around his limbs, and struggled against their grip. "I'm gonna kill you!"

She laughed, "Dare try." her body strode close to his, she bent to meet his eye level, a vicious smirk set on her lips as she purred, "You're weak."

Dominic thrusted forwards, but was held back by the troopers. I was afraid she might touch him again, compelling him. But she did nothing. She halted away with a smile that made me want to plunge a knife through her heart.

"Guards. Take him to the cells. Make sure to put him in the darkness one."

The guards shoved him towards the door, his eyes helplessly meeting mine. I couldn't just stand there, I had to do something. "No!" I choked, holding my arms in front of my body, energy pursuing from my fingers and gripping around the two guards, causing their bodies to seize in place. they couldn't move a single muscle.

"You use your power and we kill him." Grad shouted angrily.

The rage in my blood grew every time Grado spoke. But what was I to do? My hands fell to my side, the troopers stumbled forwards, and continued towards the door. Just like that...Dominic was gone. Again. My heart sank to my feet. I came to save him, and now we're both trapped. What have I done?

"As for you." Grado snarled, snapping my attention. He ambled to me, bent down and lifted my chin with his finger. I couldn't see through his mask, but I knew he was smiling. Cruelly. "We have plans for you my dear."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Kairos By leigh heasley

Science Fiction

842K 23K 28
Time travel is legal and Ada Blum is looking for love. But what happens when one of her charming bachelors from the past makes his way to the present...